It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Official] No holds bar... "Reality" is not what it seems.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

If I can experience your text, and you can experience your text, but I did not write your text, does this not suggest another level to reality?

One between what you experience, and what I experience, which allows us both to experience something you've created, that I have not?

My reality cannot be composed of only my experiences, as I could never experience anything from you, as I do not know who you are.

Yet, I can experience your thread, post, replies, and perspective.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

As your name suggests:
Reality is the dreamer, existence is the dream. That is all.

edit on 5-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

The only way to change your reality, is to change yourself. The only way to change someone else, is to change their reality, or rather, perception thereof.

That's what popped in my mind after reading your thread. Thanks for sharing these thoughts with us. I would say "your thoughts", but, since I believe we are all connected at our minds, they are really all of our thoughts. They do not belong to you, solely. But rather, to all of us as a whole. It's just that our mind is so vast, its like having so many toys that you don't remember having some of them until one of your friends comes and digs it out of your toy box.

So thank you for pulling this thought out of our vast, shared toy box and bringing it to the forefront of our memory once again. It has been fun playing with this old toy... Perhaps for some of us it has led to the recovery of other fun, yet forgotten, toys.

Maybe some or all of these toys are smaller parts of a larger toy... Like Voltron, or LEGOs...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

As your name suggests:
Reality is the dreamer, existence is the dream. That is all.

edit on 5-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

"For those who would dream, there is reality", Robert A. Monroe

"For every dream, there is a dreamer."

You are that dreamer.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hi New Age Man, and all.

I have a question...anyone here tried a floatation tank/ deprivation tank ??

Certainly this leads to all kinds of "other realities".

Yes, I wanted to build some, or have a place like a sun tan shop.
Pick your binary beats, music, lighting, have some one monitor you.
Have some made look like space ship..
I think you need 1000 puonds of Epson salts, don't use bath salts.

Good way the find or change Reality.
I don't need tank to float though

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
So how does this idiotic drivel relate to murdered and raped children?

Please explain, because i dont see it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Be here now, this is Reality.

Project your self into this Reality

Then work from there, you are here now.

Before you can really escape into other Realities, you need to first realize this one.

There are locks in place, until these locks are opened, you are not going to be able but to maybe get a taste..

Really to even try and speak of what you are talking about, is kind of waste of time, because you are here, you

need to over come this place. Thing is though then you, have to find reason to be here. How do you talk about

something no one will understand, what you mean anyhow. If they did you wouldn't be talking about it.

So you think you are big now. Well Yea!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

"Reality" is not what it seems.

There are no 'seams' in reality.
The dream and the dreamer are one.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
So how does this idiotic drivel relate to murdered and raped children?

Please explain, because i dont see it.

That's pretty dark Wertdagf... not just in the fact that you call what I am typing about on ATS a type of drivel.

But that you bring up raped children and murdered children in some OT tangent which this thread clearly is not about.

This thread, is about reality. And unfortunately, in this reality there are those who would rape and murder children. Don't ask me why. As a parent, such concepts are horrific, insane and part of a type of madness that exists within Humanity.

Thankfully, I like to think about reality, and dreams. Which have nothing to do with that subject although they do have everything to do with this moment right now, this reality.

Dreams are a part of reality. Just as you are a part of reality. And in some strange way, you too are a dreamer.

To get back on topic, what does being this dreamer mean to you? How do you see that part of yourself? Do you even acknowledge that you have such a part of you?

This...

Dreamer.

Do tell.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

In reality there is no dreamer or dream.
Just dreaming.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

In reality there is no dreamer or dream.
Just dreaming.

Just reality...

What if it "reality" was just a language. A spoken script that flows from one person, to another as we experience and understand the language of reality.

Idioms, abstracts... realities and realities dreamed of.

I live amongst dreamers my friends. I/You/We are one of them.

Dreamers.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Material world reality is a chosen path when you are faced with a choice. My reality changes daily based on my own forward planning. This is not the same as me " Creating the reality" it is my response to the reality I view in front of me.

The brain and the chemical reactions going on in it are what creates your own reality. Ask the happy person who develops depression if their reality changes, of course it does and it affects the realities of others in the persons life.

People talk of an ascension which is for all intents and purposes a change in their reality. Our reality is created by our brain and this is where the ascension will take place. It will be achieved by looking inward at ourselves and not spending our living time looking for answers in the material world.

Respects

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

There is no 'other'.
This is it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Material world reality is a chosen path when you are faced with a choice. My reality changes daily based on my own forward planning. This is not the same as me " Creating the reality" it is my response to the reality I view in front of me.

The brain and the chemical reactions going on in it are what creates your own reality. Ask the happy person who develops depression if their reality changes, of course it does and it affects the realities of others in the persons life.

People talk of an ascension which is for all intents and purposes a change in their reality. Our reality is created by our brain and this is where the ascension will take place. It will be achieved by looking inward at ourselves and not spending our living time looking for answers in the material world.

Respects

'Your' reality is created by the brain/mind.
Gods reality needs no creation, it is.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Is the material world a chosen path?

Some would argue that it is not at all, in the least bit chosen.

Others might agree, that they have chosen a path, a path of material reality.

Regardless of if there is, or isn't a choice, this is still reality.

Yes, brain and chemicals. We have a brain which acts in every way, like a computer rendering our perceptions of reality.

The human brain is a multi-celled reality rendering farm.

Care to disagree with me? I think that much is self-evident. Our brain is the "renderer" of our perceptions. And what our brain renders, is a perception of reality.

Again aggregated upwards from a multi-cellular information processing system which is the brain.

Where the human brain differentiates itself from computers is in the organic biology; however that organic biology is still functionally a computer processing information and rendering a view.

Each of us are in fact, walking talking reality rendering farms.

This rendering of reality also extends into the dreaming parts of ourselves. The part of us that can create a reality in the form of a dream, and experience it.

What is your knowledge and expertise on that topic?

edit on 16-8-2012 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Reality is what you want it to be, you create your own perception of reality...its merely a construct of the mind within a world that molds to fit that which you create for yourself.

Time is a fine example of this concept....since time is a man made measurement of distance. it is often perceived as something that passes either too fast or too slow. When in another perosons choosen reality time does not exist.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
Reality is what you want it to be, you create your own perception of reality...its merely a construct of the mind within a world that molds to fit that which you create for yourself.

Is reality really a construct of the mind? If what you are saying is true, then atomic matter reality is a mind-generated phenomena.

I'm sure a lot of materialists and particle-physicists would want to interject and disagree with this notion.

The mind, which is a product of reality certainly cannot be the creator of it.

Maybe it is?

If I look at examples in my life as to how reality might be beyond atomized materialism... dreams certainty pave the way for this level of thinking.

In dreams, I can see how thoughts and ideas construct a 3D dream reality. In a dream, it is self-evident that mind creates reality.

How does that segue into this physical reality?

Let's make that a matter of personal experience which can answer such a question. Perhaps not something that currently is scientifically understood. Like Deja Vu, but more dream orientated.

edit on 16-8-2012 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Wow that was a long way of stating what Rene Descartes had said well before....and he put it soooo much simpler.

"I think therefore i am"

Cogito ergo sum (French: "Je pense donc je suis"; English: "I think, therefore I am") is a philosophical Latin statement proposed by René Descartes. The simple meaning of the phrase is that someone wondering whether or not he or she exists is, in and of itself, proof that something, an "I", exists to do the thinking. However, this "I" is not the more or less permanent person we call "I". It may be that the something that thinks is purely momentary, and not the same as the something which has a different thought the next moment.[1]

The phrase became a fundamental element of Western philosophy, as it was perceived to form a foundation for all knowledge. While other knowledge could be a figment of imagination, deception or mistake, the very act of doubting one's own existence serves to some people as proof of the reality of one's own existence, or at least that of one's thought.

The statement is sometimes given as Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum (English: "I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am").[2]

A common mistake is that people take the statement as proof that they, as a human person, exist. However, it is a severely limited conclusion that does nothing to prove that one's own body exists, let alone anything else that is perceived in the physical universe. It only proves that one's consciousness exists (that part of an individual that observes oneself doing the doubting). It does not rule out other possibilities, such as waking up to find oneself to be a butterfly who had dreamed of having lived a human life.

Wiki

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

The moment of now is not created by the mind.
Any 'other' time is created by the mind. Any 'other' anything is created by mind.
This moment is of virgin birth, untouched by the conceptual mind.

This moment is gods dream and any 'other' is not.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
Wow that was a long way of stating what Rene Descartes had said well before....and he put it soooo much simpler.

"I think therefore i am"

Cogito ergo sum (French: "Je pense donc je suis"; English: "I think, therefore I am") is a philosophical Latin statement proposed by René Descartes. The simple meaning of the phrase is that someone wondering whether or not he or she exists is, in and of itself, proof that something, an "I", exists to do the thinking. However, this "I" is not the more or less permanent person we call "I". It may be that the something that thinks is purely momentary, and not the same as the something which has a different thought the next moment.[1]

The phrase became a fundamental element of Western philosophy, as it was perceived to form a foundation for all knowledge. While other knowledge could be a figment of imagination, deception or mistake, the very act of doubting one's own existence serves to some people as proof of the reality of one's own existence, or at least that of one's thought.

The statement is sometimes given as Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum (English: "I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am").[2]

A common mistake is that people take the statement as proof that they, as a human person, exist. However, it is a severely limited conclusion that does nothing to prove that one's own body exists, let alone anything else that is perceived in the physical universe. It only proves that one's consciousness exists (that part of an individual that observes oneself doing the doubting). It does not rule out other possibilities, such as waking up to find oneself to be a butterfly who had dreamed of having lived a human life.

Wiki

I'm probably probing a bit deeper then Rene Descartes, however thanks for referencing his ideologies. I do enjoy his works.

Think about this perspective...

Let's put some relativity to it in terms of an experience which humans have that is known as deja vu.

That feeling which describes knowing something new, that you haven't experienced before. French for "already seen".

I am taking it past that language idiom and focusing on deja reve, which is French for "Already Dreamed".

Where you link the memory of your deja vu experience to something you dreamed about in the past long before the onset of deja.

Think about that for a while. I know Rene Descartes hasn't.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join