It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Ancient Civilizations and Early Humans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

It would've done much better actually. Slayer is the status quo. ATS loves the status quo, and to complain about a lack of new threads. Self defeating isn't it?

Sorry no Anarchys-Angel

Slayer has strong credentials as an alternative and fringe writer of the first calibre. I might be deemed mainstream with alternative leanings.

I get the impression that you are either deluded or trolling

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yes, I spent all the time to research that so I could troll you.

/sarcasm

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

/sarcasm

You are very smug for a person who posted pictures of a vacation site and tried to pass them off as part of your research.

Everybody is curious about how we got to be where we are. I appreciate your thoughts but really, how much time did you spend researching?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

I have slow internet. Took 3 evenings of searching. About 2 hours each time. So six hours total.

I'll admit I was in a hurry to find pictures. That doesn't make me a troll. I don't agree with you. That also doesn't make me a troll.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

I did not say you were a troll, I questioned the amount of time it took for you to research the material you presented here. It is pretty, and you had a lot to say that was merely your own opinion, which everyone is entitled to.

I call you smug, because you had the gall to present material to make your opinion a thread, that was not true. I am not asking you to agree with me on what I think, I would like an apology for using pictures of things that have nothing to do with past civilizations. Plain and simple, and I am sure other people are feeling the same way.

Why this isn't in the gray area, or hoax bin are beyond me!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

I'm sorry for posting a bad picture. Are you sorry for derailing the # out of my thread?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Sulie

I'm sorry for posting a bad picture. Are you sorry for derailing the # out of my thread?

Sorry, as the pictures in our opening thread, were all about your thread.

To misguide people into thinking your thread was about past civilizations was leading us on. Your pics, once again were from a modern day vacations spot, and it wasn't just one pictured.

I am more than willing to read something legitimate that you have to post, so the ball is in your court.

Thank You.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So my post about the sphinx being a celebration of the age of Leo has fallen on deaf ears!? This theory dates the Sphinx to10,000- 8,000 BC and no one has a single comment about it? I'm trying to use logic and insight here and the most of my insightful posts get no response. Yet my one liners get 20 stars. Wish I knew the shaking head smiley...

ETA: Gauranteed my exact theory will pop up in a high profile thread in the near future. I bet ya!

In fact, I bet it is one of the only 'predictions' to ever come true on ATS...
edit on 4-8-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

The actual source in the post linking you to a national geographic article which confirms my comments about Mu being an adaptation of the rock wasn't enough? It's a theory put forth by a mainstream archeologist, from a legitimate publication.

I realated that theory to the construction and possible age of the Sphinx. What's wrong with that?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Well I enjoyed your thread.
At first I thought, oh no, this has been covered before but when I read it, I really enjoyed your angles on the whole thing. I love to read different theories on the origins of civilisation. Personally I think think there is a lot more to the sunken ruins than is being disclosed.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Love that tomb carved from solid rock, an amazing style.
The underwater complex to me has always looked very like a rock quarry. there are also very similar rock that has been quarried on shore nearby.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That would be a very old rock quarry.
Unless they dog paddled the stones out of the water.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Char-Lee

That would be a very old rock quarry.
Unless they dog paddled the stones out of the water.

yes i believe it is a VERY old rock quarry.
Which means there should be ruins under water there also.
edit on 4-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914
Yes, how is it that Sumer, literally sprang up 6000 years ago as a fully functioning society advanced in many ways, but with zero evidence of progression to get to that state? Its like the messopotamians literally sparang up overnight.

After more than 20 years of archaeological digs behind me in the Levant, from neo-paleolithic to classic periods, I can tell you based on first hand experience that there are plenty of sites that pre-dates the Mesopotamian high civilizations. Göbleki Tepe is of course the most spectacular site right now, ranging back approximately 12 000 years, and a megalithic site of this proportion would need a developed, complex society in order to be built. There are also a string of several Neolithic villages in modern day Syria and southern Turkey, of which the most known are Djade al-Mughara on the Euphrates (9000 BC) and Çatalhöyük (7500 BC) showing that complex city states most likely developed thousands of years before the Sumerian culture.

So, nothing sprang up overnight.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

What faith are the archeologists? The topic of archeology that disputes christianity is a quiet one. That's why it's called forbidden.

That is why nothing older than 6,000 years is ever found.

What absolute rubbish. Just because you type it doesn't make it true. For a start:

There is archaeological evidence that javelins and throwing sticks were already in use during the last phase of the lower Paleolithic. Seven spear-like objects were found in a coal mine in the city of Schöningen, Germany. Stratigraphic dating indicates that the weapons are about 400,000 years old. The excavated items were made of spruce (Picea) trunk and were between 1.83 and 2.25 metres long. They were manufactured with the maximum thickness and weight situated at the front end of the wooden shaft. The frontal centre of gravity suggests that these pole weapons were used as javelins. A fossilized horse shoulder blade with a projectile wound, dated to 500,000 years ago,was revealed in a gravel quarry in the village of Boxgrove, England. Studies revealed that the wound was probably caused by a javelin

source: en.wikipedia.org...

or

Though fossils of hominids have been found dating back millions of years, the earliest known Homo sapiens remains are considered to be a group of bones found at the Omo Kibish Formation, near the Ethiopian Kibish Mountains. Though believed to be 130,000 years old at their discovery in 1967, recent studies have dated them as far back as 195,000 years old.[1] From this area, humans spread out to cover all continents except Antarctica by 14,000 BP. According to a recent theory, humans may have crossed over into the Arabian Peninsula as early as 125,000 years ago.[2]

source:en.wikipedia.org...

Many archaeologists will spend their huge parts of their career investigating objects older than 6,000 years. The enormous majority of archaeologists believe the earth is 4.5 billion years old, as they are scientifically trained.

Even if they were religious, major Christian denominations don't think the world is only 6000 years old - neither the Catholics or the Anglicans make any such claim.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Such an important post. Sometimes when I look at the monument a see what seems to be a stone quarry. Being a tile contractor that has seen a lot of marble and stone tiles. I find it interesting that the underwater monument has no windows, entrances etc. Of course that is one of the main themes that you apply. Even at mars there is evidence of quarrying. The passage ways could be areas needed to work the quarry.

As for the Sphinx head, many think it was a Lion at one time. And even a chamber has been discovered under the paw of the Sphinx which echoes Edgar Cayce's dream.
John Anthony West and Robert Shoch to me do have a wonderful water erosion theory and I think will stand the test of time.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

So my post about the sphinx being a celebration of the age of Leo has fallen on deaf ears!? This theory dates the Sphinx to10,000- 8,000 BC and no one has a single comment about it? I'm trying to use logic and insight here and the most of my insightful posts get no response. Yet my one liners get 20 stars. Wish I knew the shaking head smiley...

ETA: Gauranteed my exact theory will pop up in a high profile thread in the near future. I bet ya!

In fact, I bet it is one of the only 'predictions' to ever come true on ATS...

You can make that prediction (or repeat it) but assertion doesn't work as evidence

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

/sarcasm

That would appear so, people who make wild statements contrary to known evidence are usually either poorly educated, making a temporary mistake or doing so deliberately. Which is it for you?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

I am suggesting that the area lacks entrances and such because it is another Sphinx like creation of aliens or early man. Maybe pre-iceage.

Anyone that doesn't agree must be a troll then? Gosh, life must not be much fun for you. Archeology, the art of finding something really old, and attaching a story to it that sounds good. Don't kid yourself into thinking it's anything more.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Anyone that doesn't agree must be a troll then?

Making up stuff? Very trollish

This is what you said

My statement stands. Mainstream archeology debunks anything older than 6,000 years old. If it's not debunked, give it time. It will be.

That's a silly statement, easily disproved, now why did you say it? Its completely untrue and unsupportable

Gosh, life must not be much fun for you. Archeology, the art of finding something really old, and attaching a story to it that sounds good. Don't kid yourself into thinking it's anything more.

Actually it is but its well beyond your ken
edit on 5/8/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join