It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Ancient Civilizations and Early Humans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Raises hand....

Have I missed the source for this pic?
I would love to read more about it please.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here is The History Channel documentary about Yonaguni. With Graham Hancock, too!

Decide for yourselves if this has anything in it like the pics in the OP's opening post!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

traditional turtle back tomb

oldest known turtle back tomb

They claim 18th century. I'm not sure I buy that. It looks older. We'll never know because we would get our throats slit for even suggesting we study it.

edit on 3-8-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Raises hand....

Have I missed the source for this pic?
I would love to read more about it please.

its a Kameko-baka or turtle back tomb from Okinawa

Close pictures of similar ones

Not sure but I don't think this tomb is on Dunan island (Yonaguni is off the shore of that island)

Edited to add I see AnarchiesAngel beat me to the punch!
edit on 3/8/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thanks you two
Up till now I've only read about them. Never saw one before.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
reply to post by Hanslune

The Christian first world. Who else?

I was wondering so many bogeymen claims around these days. However I would point out that Egypt, dispite a minority of Coptics is a Muslim country, so how does that apply?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Thanks you two
Up till now I've only read about them. Never saw one before.

They're interesting but they came into the islands about 300 years ago so have nothing to do with Dunan island or the Yonaguni

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

What faith are the archeologists? The topic of archeology that disputes christianity is a quiet one. That's why it's called forbidden.

That is why nothing older than 6,000 years is ever found.

Slayer, there are many more pictures of them. That one I used looks the best.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

What faith are the archeologists? The topic of archeology that disputes christianity is a quiet one. That's why it's called forbidden.

That is why nothing older than 6,000 years is ever found.

I'm not Hans but there are tons of Pottery [Datable] that's more than 20 and 30 thousand years old. Also, let's not forget about Gobekli Tepe Turkey 9,000 BC which put's that around 11,000 years old respectfully. Don't get me wrong I'm a firm believer and those who have read my threads will attest I DO in fact believe in a lost and or forgotten history of man.

Interesting thread.

edit on 3-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Obviously. It will be blamed on dating errors though. Which is true. Dating is flawed, but not always.

My statement stands. Mainstream archeology debunks anything older than 6,000 years old. If it's not debunked, give it time. It will be.

I also stand by my statement that aliens had a hand in our evolution. Whether or not you believe in the existance of Mu doesn't matter. There are many sources of very old artifacts and civilizations that go against the mainstream theories.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I also think that the "discovery" of tablets that conveniently allow us to translate ancient heiroglyphs lends itself towards more investigation as well. It's always been claimed that the tablets were randomly discovered in the desert, but this is a very, very large desert, and an extremely opportune discovery to be mere chance, like finding a needle in a haystack in a field of haystacks on a farm full of fields of haystacks.

Are you possibly referring to the Rosetta Stone?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Very interesting post. Those underwater pictures or steps etc are always interesting as it makes you think what life was like when said architecture was not submerged. Ultimately, people tend to correlate underwater archaeological discoveries with discovering some section of Atlantis after Plato left us with that great cliffhanger. With that said, even if these images bear no connection to Egypt, Atlantis, or the same ancient civilization it shows you the innovative spirit of humanity that still burns today.

-MH

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Not trying to debunk or derail your thread but...

If you are open to discussing "Out there theories" Mine is that we do in fact have a lost history "Aliens"? well, maybe, possibly, but if that were true maybe something along the lines of creating Homo Sapiens or possibly creating a slightly dumbed down version say Neanderthal. But that would have been a few hundred thousand years before Ancient Egypt.

Leaving the "Alien" angle out I've been shooting for something between 100,000 years ago or more recent than that. Where there were cultures and early civilizations at various levels of megalithic development spread out across the globe along the coastlines. [Now submerged] due to the last of the ice age melt off. In the Pacific those tales could be the origins of your Mu?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Leaving the "Alien" angle out I've been shooting for something between 100,000 years ago or more recent than that. Where there were cultures and early civilizations at various levels of megalithic development spread out across the globe along the coastlines. [Now submerged] due to the last of the ice age melt off. In the Pacific those tales could be the origins of your Mu?

Maybe we are older than this.........www.valdostamuseum.org...
edit on 3-8-2012 by Sulie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I'm not so worried about Mu specifically. Many civilizations have tales of a place that sank. It's nothing new. I'm more interested in the idea that the recurring tale of sinking cities confirms the idea of continetal drift, and that we have been a civilized world for a very long time.

I could also go with the iceage idea to be honest. The idea of a civil world existing before or during the iceage is certainly plausible imo. An iceage would make finding it difficult.

I'm also interested in how the concept of a "god" or "gods" that "watch" over you, came to be. I think the sphinx is one of many so called gods. The Sphinx is too close to crumbling to be so young. Imo it was once a proud sculpture, and may be the survivor of an iceage. Possibly from a previous incarnation of Earth? Aliens? I really don't know. I do believe the idea of gods came from things like the Sphinx though.

I agree partly.

p.s. If you want to send me some links about your theories, do so. I'm curious and have an open mind.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Slayer's the resident professional in ancient civs, just check the links in his signature, there's a whole series in there. Hans is the stickler, but also an expert. Listen to anything those guys tell you.

I think for a thread, you did a very thought out presentation, but you, ahem, better watch how much you espouse the ancient alien theories. Keep it within reason, aye?

I'm also fascinated with ancient history, but like Slayer, I take the conservative route, waiting for evidence rather than saying "Look! Aliens!" Hancock and Buval, amongst others, have good theories, but they are just that.

Onward.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Personally, I think the sphinx was carved to celebrate the Age of Leo. I just looked on the wiki and found this:

The Age of Leo (The Leonian Age) Symbol for Leo: Leo.svg
the vernal equinox (northern hemisphere) is occurring in Leo;
Timeframes Zodiacal 30 degrees:
Common interpretation: ca. 10,500 BC to 8000 BC.

Overview "The Golden Age" Historical similarities The major event at this time was an ancient global warming to such a massive extent that it led to the deglaciation of what now constitutes much of the modern habitable world. The deglaciation ultimately caused a 300 foot (90 m) rise in the sea level.

The sign Leo is a Fire sign and is traditionally ruled by the Sun in astrology, and it is entirely appropriate that in an Age ruled by the Sun, that the warmth of the Sun melted the glaciers that covered much of North America and Europe. Leo is also related to any kind of light source, and the carved stone oil lamp was invented during this time (Oil lamps existed previously, but this type was the first proper continuously burning lamp).

You see where I'm going with this? The sphinx could have been carved as a celebration of the age of Leo and the receding of the ice after the long, long ice age.

That's the most logical theory for me.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Yeah and if Slayer had created this thread it would have 600 flags by now!
I kid, and exagerate, no disrespect to Slayer, I love his threads.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

It would've done much better actually. Slayer is the status quo. ATS loves the status quo, and to complain about a lack of new threads. Self defeating isn't it?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Obviously. It will be blamed on dating errors though. Which is true. Dating is flawed, but not always.

My statement stands. Mainstream archeology debunks anything older than 6,000 years old. If it's not debunked, give it time. It will be.

I also stand by my statement that aliens had a hand in our evolution. Whether or not you believe in the existance of Mu doesn't matter. There are many sources of very old artifacts and civilizations that go against the mainstream theories.

Sorry dude but that isn't even remotely true and hasn't been for 150 years.....Since mainstream archaeology constantly finds and publishes papers on artifacts older than 6,000 years old, your postion is rather...

Sorry I ran out of Vicks Scoff Medicine so I'll stop there!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join