It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Ancient Civilizations and Early Humans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The lost city of Mu'a/Mu/Mua/Yonaguni Monument

On hearing about the find, Kimura said, his initial impression was that the formations could be natural. But he changed his mind after his first dive. "I think it's very difficult to explain away their origin as being purely natural, because of the vast amount of evidence of man's influence on the structures," he said. For example, Kimura said, he has identified quarry marks in the stone, rudimentary characters etched onto carved faces, and rocks sculpted into the likenesses of animals. "The characters and animal monuments in the water, which I have been able to partially recover in my laboratory, suggest the culture comes from the Asian continent," he said. "One example I have described as an underwater sphinx resembles a Chinese or ancient Okinawan king."

The structures include the ruins of a castle, a triumphal arch, five temples, and at least one large stadium, all of which are connected by roads and water channels and are partly shielded by what could be huge retaining walls.

"Pottery and wood do not last on the bottom of the ocean, but we are interested in further research on a relief at the site that is apparently painted and resembles a cow," Kimura said.
"We want to determine the makeup of the paint. I would also like to carry out subsurface research."

source

After some time away from the mainstream internet debunkers, the lost city of Mu'a is starting to gain some acceptance in the mainstream archeological world. The newest and popular theory is that early humans may have lived there and adapted the natural rock to their needs.

Efforts to date the monument are derived from the last time the area was above sea level, which would have been approximately 8,000-10,000 years ago– about 3-5 millennia before Egypt’s pyramids were erected. If the monuments were indeed built by humankind, it would require some dramatic revisions to the accepted chronological history of humanity.

Perhaps the most reasonable theory, however, is one which suggests that the mounds of stone are natural features that were carved and shaped into terraces by early man.
This theory adequately explains the lack of entrance into the monuments, and the apparent post holes and etchings made in the rock.
Because of the submerged location and the strong currents in the area, the Yonaguni Monuments have proved difficult to properly study; though the area has become a popular site for SCUBA tours. Researchers have not yet found conclusive evidence implicating either erosion or humanity as the source of these shapes, so the investigation and debate regarding the nature of the Yonaguni Monuments continues.

source

The surrounding architecture seems to support that idea. That is a tomb carved from solid rock that is a known structure not far from the ruins.

Kimura believes the ruins date back to at least 5,000 years, based on the dates of stalactites found inside underwater caves that he says sank with the city.

source

Experts place the structure at somewhere between 10,000 and 5,000 year old. As usual they can't agree on anything. One thing is certain, the folklore of the region places it as very old. This popped out at me for a few reasons. First of all, the "stacked" look of the formations is similar to that of the Sphinx. The date debate is hot for both Mu'a and the Sphinx.

The face photographed at Mu'a has even been compared to the Sphinx. The photo has been highly criticized, but it's still largely opinion based.

pic

The face resembles an alien grey more so than an Asian person.

Some have said it’s a woman, some claim it’s a man. I think it resembles an alien grey.

The Sphinx is not built with quarried blocks like the pyramids and temples it guards, but carved out of the living bedrock. Its makers gave it a man's head (some say it's a woman) and the body of a lion. It is 66 feet high and an impressive 240 feet long. It has the most extraordinary expression, like a hundred Mona Lisas all rolled into one. And it eyes gaze forever at the distant horizon due east, at the equinox point...at something not of this world but beyond it, in the sky. Something, perhaps, that is reflected or 'frozen' in the essence and age of the Sphinx.

source

The Sphinx not only appears to be the same age (maybe), but it was constructed in the same way as Mu'a. It clearly shares the "stepped" or "stacked" architecture.

But the most interesting mysteries of the Sphinx (or at least those producing the most provocative theories) have to do with how it came to be weathered. The most obvious answer is that it was by millennia of desert winds.
But when geologist Robert Schoch and Egyptologist John Anthony West examined it in 1990, Schloch concluded it had been weathered by rainfall, not by wind and sand. If that's true, its date of construction might be closer to 7000 BC.
Similarly, when the maverick Egyptologist R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz visited Giza in the 1930s, he immediately declared that the Sphinx had been weathered by water, not by wind. But instead of suggesting rainfall, Schwaller proposed that the Sphinx had been worn by seawater and that its origins lay in the ocean.

source

Notice the water damage to the side of the face. This is important because the area did have wet weather often, 7,000+ years ago.

The original purpose of the Sphinx is unknown. It may have been built to symbolically guard over the Giza plateau, and it may have been a portrait of Pharaoh Khafre. It's face seems to bear a resemblance to Khafre's, and the royal headdress that it wears is particular to pharaohs

source

Just like Mu'a, the purpose of the Sphinx is still unknown. It has no inner workings, it's a simple solid structure. Some believe it was built to watch over Giza. They assume it was built by humans. Was it?
edit on 3-8-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ancient Egypt, the Sphinx, the pharohs, the gods

The original purpose of the Sphinx is unknown. It may have been built to symbolically guard over the Giza plateau, and it may have been a portrait of Pharaoh Khafre. It's face seems to bear a resemblance to Khafre's, and the royal headdress that it wears is particular to pharaohs

source

I'm not sure I can agree here. His headdress and even face may resemble the sphinx, but that doesn't mean he built it. I think his headdress was to immolate it, and I think Pharaohs were chosen because they resembled the god, that was the sphinx.

According to Egyptian legend, the first kings of Egypt were later some of Egypt's most famous gods. We really do not know whether some of these individuals actually existed in human form or what regions of Egypt they may have ruled over. Only at the end of the Predynastic period, prior to the unification of Egypt, can we recognize specific kings who most likely ruled over either northern or southern Egypt. According to many sources, the first real king of Egypt, therefore ruling over the unified land, was Menes, who would have ruled Egypt around 3100 BC, but we have little if any archaeological basis for this name. Most scholars today believe that he may have been a king named Narmer, or more likely still, Aha, two figures that are better attested in the archaeological record.

In many if not most accounts, the king is viewed as an incarnation of Horus, a falcon god, and the posthumous son of Osiris, who himself was a divine king slain by his brother, Seth.

source

It is not uncommon for rulers in ancient civilizations to be thought of as gods. The very first rulers of human empires may have been gods, or aliens. The choice of a flying animal associated with the Pharaoh is an interesting coincidence for sure. Evidence from various civilizations support the idea of early visitation.

Ancient Visitation, the gods
You all know the specific cases of art portraying ancient astronauts, but here's something you may not have noticed.

Stepped architecture. That's right. The earliest structures all have this trend, worldwide. Evidence of a common God, or caretaker. Only later does the trend of making smooth sided mountain style structure appear.

Summary
We have a bunch of information here, and a simple question, why? Why was the Sphinx built and by whom? Why was Mu'a built, and by whom? I think the evolution of early society is being hidden from the masses. Aliens built these historic sights, and the accompanying guardians to comfort early humans. As a result, civilizations clung to these places. Over time humans began to realize that their stone gods were not real. The stone statues put in place to comfort early man were circumvented by tyrants. Evidence to this? The proximity of the great pyramids to the Sphinx. The sphinx isn't guarding them, they are towering over the sphinx in defiance of the gods. Proving that whatever ruler built it was indeed a real god. The Sphinx and other fringe theory early civilizations are from another part of Earth's history. One they don't want you to know about. A time when our alien founders watched over us closely.

Raised by a species of another world. Manipulated by tyrants. Lost by the ages. Yet here we sit, denying the facts.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I look at a creation from Picasso and wonder the same things. Who knows what was in the hearts and minds of the ancients and why they created the things they did.

I often look to the sky, and dream of what it would have been like to live in a time when they skies were unpolluted with gunk, and or other city lights. It must have been awesome. I would imagine people spent a lot of time star gazing and wondering what was up there! I think that pyramids were built as an attempt to "reach for the stars," so to speak.

Some pyramids in Mexico line up with solstices casting shadows that look like serpents, and I think they used these signs to know when to plant crops, or harvest them.

I don't think we will ever know the true reasons for some of these structures and works of art.

Imagine what people will think when they find our current day stuff some thousands of years down the road!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

I think the early structures that were clearly built by humans are emmolation or recreations of structures built before them. Things like the Sphinx and other very old solid carvings are from another time. When our caretakers built them for us. Not to provide shelter or a place of burial, but to comfort our primative minds so we could grow.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

What I would give in order to carbon date stone! Pertinent questions like, when was the Sphinx constructed? and whose face does it resemble? could possibly be answered.

These structures have always intrigued me, yet I'm skeptical when it comes to extraterrestrial intervention, concerning the Sphinx and the Pyramids of Giza.

Informative thread, although I don't necessarily agree with your conclusion.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The oldest theory on the planet, but a good discussion nonetheless, and a well thought out well detailed thread.

The Sphinx being carved out of bedrock has caused the biggest problem for Egyptologists trying to date it, resulting in swings of thousands of years in creation theories.

I also think that the "discovery" of tablets that conveniently allow us to translate ancient heiroglyphs lends itself towards more investigation as well. It's always been claimed that the tablets were randomly discovered in the desert, but this is a very, very large desert, and an extremely opportune discovery to be mere chance, like finding a needle in a haystack in a field of haystacks on a farm full of fields of haystacks.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Some comments

The rock at Yonaguni isn't like how it is depicted in image number 4

The Yonaguni rock is a finger of land which rise up and up through the shore to the island above - which is delete in the image above to make it look more 'stand' alone

Your first image isn't one from Yonaguni - so why put it there?

Other comments

The consensus is that the Sphinx is contemporary with the pyramids, a small minority hold it is older.

First of all, the "stacked" look of the formations is similar to that of the Sphinx.

The Sphinx isn't stacked it made up of a 'solid' limestone, the stack effect comes from the different layers laid down millions of years ago in warm shallow ocean

This is important because the area did have wet weather often, 7,000+ years ago.

It has wet weather now too. Here is a question for you, the Sphinx is at a lower altitude than the pyramids which sit atop a ridge, what geographical features enters the Sphinx enclosure nearest the pyramids?

I think the evolution of early society is being hidden from the masses. Aliens built these historic sights, and the accompanying guardians to comfort early humans. As a result, civilizations clung to these places

Oh and by whom and for what purpose? The cultures that made these structures were in the areas associated with them thousands of years before they developed the technology to build large stone structures

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

All forms of carbon dating are flawed because they rely on carbon as a constant. It isn't constant. Over time carbon could vary so much that it makes carbon dating more propaganda than factual truth. Just an FYI.

Carbon 14 is the up and coming new cool thing that young Earth supporters are using to make their case. It's just as flawed as the old c4 dating.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

The Christian first world. Who else?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel

When our caretakers built them for us. Not to provide shelter or a place of burial, but to comfort our primative minds so we could grow.

Really? Well, I guess one is allowed to believe whatever they want to.

As to my take, it's an insult to humans to delegate us to 'having caretakers." Creative minds have been around for as long as there have been humans.

Suppose somebody with a creative mind saw a meteor shower and wanted to be closer to the heavens to understand what they were seeing? They saw an eclipse, or were awe struck with thunder and lightening from the heavens?

We are inquisitive about what surrounds us in our universe, and have sent many satellites, probes, and even men and women into the heavens.

I personally think you give creative minds no credit for what they could have accomplished without caretakers even thousands, and thousands of years ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

I give credit to the creative minds that built the structures I do not think came from our caretakers. I need you to remember that man was a shadow of who he is now, 10,000 or more years ago. To think that we got a little help isn't insulting nor outlandish.

So much is known about the civilized world, as well as the pre-historic world. The time between seems to be blank though. Why? Coverup, plain and simple.

I also believe the bible took place longer ago than people are willing to admit. Shortly after these relic guardians fell out of favor, and still a long time after they were created.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Forbidden Archaeology,I love this topic! Being introduced to it years ago by Hancock and Cremo and Childress and others, my bent is towards the ancient lost civilization theory as opposed to Alien, but I am allways open for new ideas!

Fun thread!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Sulie

I give credit to the creative minds that built the structures I do not think came from our caretakers. I need you to remember that man was a shadow of who he is now, 10,000 or more years ago. To think that we got a little help isn't insulting nor outlandish.

So much is known about the civilized world, as well as the pre-historic world. The time between seems to be blank though. Why? Coverup, plain and simple.

Yes, how is it that Sumer, literally sprang up 6000 years ago as a fully functioning society advanced in many ways, but with zero evidence of progression to get to that state? Its like the messopotamians literally sparang up overnight.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Sulie

Who are we now? We are still just people. I think you want to say more about your caretakers than you are letting on in your thread.

If we were a shadow of what we are now, I see no reason for a cover up. For example, I have been trying to trace my family tree. I have an odd Germanic name, and have even still found relatives in Prussia that have it. Nobody seems to know where the name came from, or who married whom except for back only a few generations.

I think a lot gets lost in life, with people just struggling to survive.

Do you exactly remember the faces of the people who were really old in your family, while you were very young?

Things like memories have a tendency to fade over time, especially thousands of years worth.

No mystery, and no cover up, in my belief.....time just rolling on.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I do love the atlantis topic, but I have to make a note that there is a mistake in the OP.
That first picture is from Ruins Lagoon located in the vacation resort of Atlantis in the Bahamas.
www.atlantis.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

Precisely! Read up on the sumarians. They had a knowledge of irrigation and soil preservation that just seemed to come from nowhere. How?

I'm not buying the sprang up theory either.

The early Sumerian civilization of the fourth millennium BC was an extraordinary one, advancing far beyond any that had existed before. Its carefully engineered irrigation system gave rise to a highly productive agriculture, one that enabled farmers to produce a food surplus, supporting formation of the first cities. Managing the irrigation system required a sophisticated social organization. The Sumerians had the first cities and the first written language, the cuneiform script.

source

I might buy a few developments, but not all of that. Too much too fast.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

source

source

Not a coverup?
Then why is the Japanese military making excuses to tear the place up in the interest of their national security? Sound familiar?
rofl

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by InherentDistrust
I do love the atlantis topic, but I have to make a note that there is a mistake in the OP.
That first picture is from Ruins Lagoon located in the vacation resort of Atlantis in the Bahamas.
www.atlantis.com...

Thanks for this because I have never seen pics of the place in Japan that ever looked so well constructed! I saw a documentary where Robert Schock visited the place, and it looked nothing like this. I do believe the guys theories on the weathering of the Sphinx, though.

From what I remembered about the documentary, he wasn't that impressed with what was found off the coast of Japan. There is a documentary out there and I will try to find it. It looked very unimpressive to me, and I remember being let down by the outcome of it.

Good eye you have there!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Sulie

source

source

Not a coverup?
Then why is the Japanese military making excuses to tear the place up in the interest of their national security? Sound familiar?
rofl

Perhaps because the photo's you included in your OP are not from there. Who knows?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

I removed that picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join