It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Christian, I believe we should stop having kids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
In the OT it is said for us humans to "be fruitful and multiply". That's the OT. The way things were before Christ arrived.

Enter Jesus. The Master Teacher, some say Savior, a blueprint on how to live life and reach an Enlightened Spiritual state. Yet he never had kids. He taught us to be in the world, but not be OF the world, meaning to live a detached life and not give in to the Joneses mental programming.

He left everything, walked and taught freely, and called on others to leave everything they were doing and all that they had, to come follow him and his teachings

So I too have found myself in a similar situation. Since my initial tastes of Enlightened states, ego deaths/purging, and coming into a wholeness, I find myself beyond any needs to create children. I have seen the urge to have a child comes from bodily signals and not necessarily the soul or heart.

A human beings need to procreate, I have experienced to be no different than that of a basic animal. Yet we are called to transcend the Adamic animilastic side of the body, since we are not the body.

I would rather take and adopt parentless kids and bring them up in a way where they too transcend the bodily urge to procreate and take on adopted kids and spread the message of halting procreation. The first few centuries after Christ, men fled into the desert to meditate and become enlightened. They left work, money, did not have kids, a wife, and worked on themselves daily towards enlightenment.

As a benefit, if anti-procreation took off, we would finally be done with this physical earth realm, the madness, the wars, the death/disease, and we return to original Soul state of being with God and not having to incarnate anymore. It would solve alot of problems eventually

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As an athiest, i find your reasons for not having children selfish. Because you believe that everyone who has children only do so out of a selfish desire to raise a child, does not make that so. The people i know who have children decided to have children because it was the right time for them, they have their house set up, their jobs, married and have been together for several years. It is natrual for people to want to have children, some people yes do have children for the hell of it, without thinking it thouroughly through, but in the end they have to grow up and be parents when they have their child, and they can become good parents.

And if you are going to pull the "theres going to be too many of us!" card and call for depopulation, i can tell you now, it is already happening in western countries. People are having less children, the adverage couple now have 2 or 1 child, instead of 3. Many factors have created this, both parents working and having less time to stay and look after their children, how expencive it is to raise a child, financial stress from the economic mess that we're in, etc etc.

As an atheist, i believe that you are generalising far too much.

And you may not like the idea, but people who don't want to have children of their own and become pregnent can have an abortion, obviously after having counceling to make sure that they are making the right decision, but at least they don't have to bring in an unwanted child into the world.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm going to donate as much sperm as I can, have as many babies as I can and artificially inseminate women on public transport...in queues...In spite of what you've just said*sarcasm*

Do whatever you feel is right, god made you that way...but don't influence other people...
edit on 3-8-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
But then the only people left having kids would be evil and that would worsen the situation.. surely it would be better to procreate smart, loving and wise children to better the world we live in?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As a rational person, You do realize that what you are suggesting would never work.. Take into consideration unplanned pregnancy's for starters..

There is no possible way even if half the population never had another kid, There will always be the unplanned pregnancy's.. Let's face the truth here, children that come from unplanned pregnancy's More often then not come from single parent units, Broken homes, and so on..

So if half of the population stops having kids.. And the other half has unplanned pregnancy's, . And half of those unplanned pregnancy's are of broken homes.. That's not a very bright future for the human civilization..

Think about it.
edit on 3-8-2012 by TechVampyre because: gramma

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

You do realize that as part of their MO, the "network" has bastardized most mainstream religions in order to implant their ideals into them. Population control is one of those major ideals. Myself, I choose not to have children simply because of the conditions that we live in. I am not okay with bringing a new life into an existence of suffering, but that has nothing to do with any dogmatic system. Choices like that should be made out of personal conviction, not because you read something in a book.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I hope the OP is aware that reading and especially interpreting the bible in an original way is the mother of all 'great' ideas.
Some people get stuck on a specific sentence and decide it to be the most important thing in the whole book and start some sort of sect based on that. Then there are those (the OP) who take something that is NOT in the book and think that the bible indeed says just that.
If you are a believer of the bible: Yes, there is no mention of Jesus having children. And there is no mention of Jesus having a tuna sandwich. So, could it be that the tuna sandwich is work of satan, as is the IPad?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't want to have any kids... Not because an old, unreliable, and questionably edited book tells me to or not to, and not because some bearded guy who may or may not have existed and may or may not have been the son of god didn't have kids, but because i simply don't want kids..

I wouldn't recommend making major decisions in life based on the bible... It's not very credible. Even the people who wrote the bible can't agree on what happened.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
In the OT it is said for us humans to "be fruitful and multiply". That's the OT. The way things were before Christ arrived.

Enter Jesus. The Master Teacher, some say Savior, a blueprint on how to live life and reach an Enlightened Spiritual state. Yet he never had kids. He taught us to be in the world, but not be OF the world, meaning to live a detached life and not give in to the Joneses mental programming.

He left everything, walked and taught freely, and called on others to leave everything they were doing and all that they had, to come follow him and his teachings

So I too have found myself in a similar situation. Since my initial tastes of Enlightened states, ego deaths/purging, and coming into a wholeness, I find myself beyond any needs to create children. I have seen the urge to have a child comes from bodily signals and not necessarily the soul or heart.

A human beings need to procreate, I have experienced to be no different than that of a basic animal. Yet we are called to transcend the Adamic animilastic side of the body, since we are not the body.

I would rather take and adopt parentless kids and bring them up in a way where they too transcend the bodily urge to procreate and take on adopted kids and spread the message of halting procreation. The first few centuries after Christ, men fled into the desert to meditate and become enlightened. They left work, money, did not have kids, a wife, and worked on themselves daily towards enlightenment.

As a benefit, if anti-procreation took off, we would finally be done with this physical earth realm, the madness, the wars, the death/disease, and we return to original Soul state of being with God and not having to incarnate anymore. It would solve alot of problems eventually

I'm a 25 years old Christian, and my parents raised me VERY old fashioned. My morals and self respect are 2 of the most important values I maintain to stay classy. I'm not married therefore I do not have children. 99% of us are guilty of pre-marital sex however, there is fine line between a one night stand and being in a serious relationship while being safe.

My DREEEAM is to have 1 boy and 1 girl. I want nothing more in this world than to have mine and my fiancees baby to grow and develop under our roof with our care, and so we can have the day to day experiences and cherish those moments together. I also want the bonding moments after the baby born with both my fiancee and our baby.

The audacity and arrogance in this thread is shocking. How about you edit this and tell people to WRAP IT BEFORE THEY TAP or dont do it at all!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
As an athiest, I agree!

Just to the title.

Our world and living is currently not sustainable. Mother Earth needs our love more, it a cleansing healing process.

Everyone my age currently has children. I have not, for the simple reason, everyones skint, there's no jobs, health and education sevices are being cut, and WWW3 could happen anytime in our life time.

... I just don't feel now a good time! Lol from a logical point of view.

That said, of course I'd want kids, it would tear me up not exsperiencing the gift of life!

Let's do a China though aye?

"Meet me half way, right at the borderline, its where I'm gone wait.."

Selfless, and selfish

edit on 3-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If im selfish for passing my genes, then ill be selfish, i don't care what some made-made religion says. its your nature to pass on your genes.

+ im not sure whats with the generation born after 1975~(im part of that) for not wanting to have kids, its like the age for having kids are delaying each year(of course you have to take into account women work, we need more money than we should have, luxurious life etc). I for one want to have a kid before my body returns to the basic chemistry..

Nature > Man.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

More holes than a sponge this "idea"

i.) Not everyone is a Christian
ii.) Even if they were, that doesn't mean they would agree
iii.) Quite simply, if the population stopped having children then eventually there wouldn't anyone alive on the planet

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My belief in not having Kids is not merely Bible based.

For example I remember myself to have pre-existed prior to being on earth, and in that memory, I was asked by other souls to be "born" on "earth". Not knowing what born or earth were, I asked for a peak as far as what this is all about.... and I was disgusted by the world here, the wars, death, disease, rapes, molestations, murders, etc.

So very Reluctantly, I came here with an agreement to help in at least a small minor way ...which I do.

I find myself very naturally having a disgust with this existence as being something very artificial, limited, imprisoned, and in a sense unnatural (unnatural in a way that we are not from here and we dont remain here type of way)

Through prayer, meditation, direct experiences, philosophy, and thousands of insights along the way I have come to experience that I am not the body or the mind, I am a transcendent soul and have literally seen the urge in women to have children come directly from chemical signals based on the physical body. And that's with the planned parenthood.

The Unplanned children are just results of the bodies need to satisfy its sexual urges.

The real us, as souls, really dont have a need for children and many MANY many other things as well.

So I didn't start this thread because a belief in the Bible. It came from my own direct insights, memories, and experiences all of which just so happen to correlate with what Jesus taught.
edit on 3-8-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

More holes than a sponge this "idea"

not really

i.) Not everyone is a Christian
ii.) Even if they were, that doesn't mean they would agree
iii.) Quite simply, if the population stopped having children then eventually there wouldn't anyone alive on the planet

i.)Doesn't matter, we are all equally souls that are inhabiting a physical body, and have a mind based on the programming taught on this realm. We have all existed prior to this, and in physical death, us as souls continue to exist. Religious labels are irrelevant in this point.

ii.)Of course, however that doesn't change my first point. Irrelevant of views and labels, fundamentally we are all souls in physical bodies. If you go deep in your studies, meditations, and knowledge of self, you eventually reach a profound wisdom and understanding that in a huge sense, it could be seen as immoral to bring a child into this realm. I have met many others who have come to this understanding, not just Christians, but many random ATS members here on the boards also share this view

iii.)Exactly..... no more dealing with all this drama, no more wars, deaths, pillaging, fascism/communism, rapes/molestations, etc. We'd be done with this limited and insane realm and would be graduated from it. Coming here is like a downgrade from how it is prior to coming here

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

i.)Doesn't matter, we are all equally souls that are inhabiting a physical body, and have a mind based on the programming taught on this realm. We have all existed prior to this, and in physical death, us as souls continue to exist. Religious labels are irrelevant in this point.

ii.)Of course, however that doesn't change my first point. Irrelevant of views and labels, fundamentally we are all souls in physical bodies. If you go deep in your studies, meditations, and knowledge of self, you eventually reach a profound wisdom and understanding that in a huge sense, it could be seen as immoral to bring a child into this realm. I have met many others who have come to this understanding, not just Christians, but many random ATS members here on the boards also share this view

iii.)Exactly..... no more dealing with all this drama, no more wars, deaths, pillaging, fascism/communism, rapes/molestations, etc. We'd be done with this limited and insane realm and would be graduated from it. Coming here is like a downgrade from how it is prior to coming here

i.) You have no proof on whether "We have all existed prior to this", that is simply your opinion - NEXT

ii.) "I have met many others who have come to this understanding, not just Christians, but many random ATS members here on the boards also share this view" Many rapists have also met fellow rapists who share similar thoughts, doesn't make it right - NEXT

iii.) "Exactly..... no more dealing with all this drama, no more wars, deaths, pillaging, fascism/communism, rapes/molestations, etc. We'd be done with this limited and insane realm and would be graduated from it. Coming here is like a downgrade from how it is prior to coming here"

I'm not even sure what to make from that, you mention plenty of negatives but nothing about the positives in this world.

Biased negative religious view you have my friend

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My case for not having kids is the state of the world, and the movie "Idiocracy".

I'm very glad I have two healthy, sane, intelligent young adult kids. I used to be excited at the thought of having grandkids...now, not so much. It makes me sad.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

i.) You have no proof on whether "We have all existed prior to this", that is simply your opinion - NEXT

it doesn't matter. I've spent thousands of hours in deep meditation and found a part of myself that isn't the body nor is anything "learned" or picked up from live on earth.... that part of me is the soul and remembers pre-exsting and If you diligently research this, you will find monks across all religions, who spend some serious time in meditation, also remembering pre-existence. Just because remembering this is not necessarily accepted in the mainstream views of this world, doesn't mean they are not so. I would never have made something like that up, and it was a crystal clear memory from the very depths of me ...it wasn't from the mind. On top of that I could care less if you believe that all of life is only here and that's it, physical death being the great equalizer, you will see too one day

ii.) "I have met many others who have come to this understanding, not just Christians, but many random ATS members here on the boards also share this view" Many rapists have also met fellow rapists who share similar thoughts, doesn't make it right - NEXT

Are you really going to compare "not having kids" with "rape"? Really? That's like apples and sausages and I hope you have something better than that. We have 2 other ATS members on here also admitting they don't want to bring kids into this world based on its current state.

I'm not even sure what to make from that, you mention plenty of negatives but nothing about the positives in this world.

hey I like football, beer, good food, pretty girls, a day off, vacations, music, bike rides, and motorcycles just like the next guy. There is plenty of "good" to be found here and there. However in general can we look at the current state of the world and say there is more good going on the bad? Seriously. I mean get out of your self imposed bubble and your own circle of friends and get out there and visit some ghettos or war friends or child brothels or the meeting rooms of congress or the euro zone, or the cancer unit at a hospital, or the trauma rape ward amongst just a few of the offerings and then come back here and let me know if its "all good" in the world.

Biased negative religious view you have my friend

really? is that an absolute statement there? I have $100 dollar bill that says my old philosophy teacher from Uni would completely destroy to shreds that last comment you just posted. Usually he starts of by asking a person to give him any "view" that doesn't have bias .......and usually that wins the debate.
edit on 3-8-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Sorry mate, don't agree and can't really be bothered in explaining why. Maybe we all should just shoot our kids and each other, eliminate the human race, problem solved?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

i dont know how you get from "stop having kids so we dont have to do the whole "earth" thing", to outright just slaying everybody right off the bat

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

When we love one another as he loved us, we help God gather his children to himself, which is not unlike having children in a way, since those who were lost, are found, and who were dead, are brought back to life.

Therefore, the opportunity to help generate offspring for God abounds, even if we don't have any kids wherein we are all one family of a loving God.

..my two cents for whatever its worth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join