It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Greer

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I don't think it would be wise to "tail" a Greer outing. People have tried.

Oh, I don't know about that. heh He's rather large and easy to follow and no one carries live rounds so....heh

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
AB, is your software capable of ANY date and place? I used to have a program much like that a couple of computers ago that's gone now. I used it when checking up on Graham Hancock's theory that the pyramids aligned with Orion 12,000 years ago. If yours goes back that far I'll dig up the coordinates. It might provide an interesting cross-check.

I have a different app that goes back to 9999BCE and can do lat and long coordinates. Feel free to U2U the information and I'll see what I can do. I'm interested in whether or not that theory works too! - AB
edit on 17-8-2012 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

By looking at the stars, an Egyptologist claims to have found a new way to date the pyramids of Giza and other ancient sites. According to her calculations, construction on the Great Pyramid started about 75 years later than the currently accepted date. If she's right, Egyptologists may have to rewrite their timelines. One of the many mysteries of the pyramids is how and why each was built with a precise north-south alignment. The square base of the Great Pyramid of Cheops, for instance, is just 3.4 arcminutes off of true north. That's a precision of about 1 millimeter per meter. Some of the later pyramids, however, deviate more, as if their architects' method for aligning them became less accurate over time. Suspecting that the heavens might have played a role, Egyptologist Karen Spence of the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, tested whether two stars called Kochab and Mizar could account for the pyramids' orientation. In the middle of the third millennium B.C., the north celestial pole lay halfway between those two stars--at least in 2467. Before and after that date, a slow shift in Earth's axis skewed the alignment of the two stars with the celestial pole ever so slightly. According to Spence, this drift accounts for the change in pyramid orientation over the years. Using the locations of Kochab and Mizar, she determined the start of construction of the pyramids to within 5 years, she reports in the 16 November issue of Nature. "Egyptologists are now faced with the challenge of fitting these new dates in their chronologies," says Maarten Raven of the National Museum of Antiquities in Leiden, the Netherlands. He was surprised by the originality of the idea and is "convinced by its simplicity." But he says that more accurate measurements of pyramid orientations are needed to confirm the theory.

Hancock is debunked again.

The Impact of Kate Spence's "Astronomical Orientation of Pyramids" Theory on the "Orion-Giza Correlation" Theory

Not to change the subject -- but c'mon people let's get off the "ancient astronaut" CIA bandwagon.

Lynn Picknett and Clive Prince have debunked the ancient astronaut theory as CIA Freemason propaganda.

Philip Coppens was their researcher and he's got a great article with further details:

In 1997, two British authors, Clive Prince and Lynn Picknett, were searching for new material that would hold the promise of a new scoop. Clive Prince had always been interested in a little-known episode in the history of, yes, what? UFOlogy? Para-psychological research? Government black budgets? The episode involved the so-called Council of Nine, allegedly a group of nine extraterrestrial beings that claimed to be the original Nine Creator Gods of Egypt, reporting into the Creator God Atum. Extra-terrestrials posing as gods – or perceived as gods by us, earthlings. This was the same premise as that of the movie Stargate and hence the title of the publication was called The Stargate Conspiracy. In the end, the authors concluded that from 1950-ish onwards, a small group of people had been working on an agenda to persuade Western civilisation that the Council of Nine were genuine extra-terrestrial beings, which had been responsible for the creation of the Egyptian civilisation, and which were still “out there” now. The goal of this agenda? To cultivate us into believing this “myth”.

The Stargate Conundrum The US Government’s secret pursuit of the psychic drug

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumQuackers
Why, is he a scientologist? rofl

At least a de facto Scientologist if he's a "trained" remote viewer as yourself. What a mind-boffing they give to folk, eh?

Puthoff, Price, Swann and several others in the SRI team shared the same explanation for "remote viewing". They were convinced that remote viewers were leaving their bodies and travelling to the locations they were describing. They held in common a jargon phrase for this - "exteriorization with full perception". The phrase was originated by a man whom most of the team referred to as the "Source", the "Founder" or even the "Commodore".

But the Commodore was not a member of the U.S. Navy. He had given himself the title when he formed his own paramilitary "Sea Organization" in 1967. The Commodore was none other than the creator of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard.

In Scientology, Puthoff and Swann had both navigated through the many levels of "processing" and indoctrination leading to the secret courses which supposedly convey supernatural powers on adherents. Hubbard promised that graduates of these courses would be able to leave their bodies at will and perceive remote events. Through the secret levels, Scientologists would be able to use willpower to control events and the minds of other people.

Both Puthoff and Swann have attested completion of the secret level called Operating Thetan section three written by Hubbard.

Curiously, although Scientology claims to be a system for achieving supernatural powers, its controlling agency, the Guardian's Office, did not house a remote viewing section. The Guardian's Office used more tangible means of surveillance and operational technique.
home.snafu.de...

Do you have as much respect for "Commodore" Hubbard as you do Greer? Cut from the same cloth those two...only Greer's a light-weight bamboozler compared to L. Ron Hubbard.

One of the early experiments, lauded by proponents as having improved the methodology of remote viewing testing and as raising future experimental standards, was criticized as leaking information to the participants by inadvertently leaving clues. Some later experiments had negative results when these clues were eliminated…
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong
reply to post by AboveBoard

Not to change the subject -- but c'mon people let's get off the "ancient astronaut" CIA bandwagon.

Not to change the subject, which you did in spades, but we're not ON any ancient astronaut CIA bandwagon. One wonders why you would use such rhetoric anyway. Hancock himself does not invoke ancient astronauts in his writings, and he certainly does not invoke the CIA. Why would you possible bring either phrase up? It's nonsensical.

We're talking about calibrating a technique and, if anything, checking up on claims, Hancock's as well. We're doing this precisely because we're interested in checking up and corroborating evidence and not just accepting something at face value just because someone says it's true.

Meanwhile, I'm interested in this type of software and I don't really care two hoots about Hancock. If you want to diss on Hancock, go start a thread on him. This thread is about Greer. Thanks, AB, for your work on the issue.
edit on 8/17/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Do you have as much respect for "Commodore" Hubbard as you do Greer? Cut from the same cloth those two...only Greer's a light-weight bamboozler compared to L. Ron Hubbard.

It is an absurd illusion and disingenuous act of foolishness to assert that I have any respect for either two.

It is this kind of mindlessness - or predetermined trolling or both - that gets you ignored with just cause.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Everywhen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Ah c'mon people -- you were referencing ancient aliens and the star alignment of the pyramids. Graham Hancock promotes that theory. I gave numerous vids outing the promotion of that theory as CIA propaganda. Of course Hancock doesn't discuss the CIA -- that's the whole point!

Peter Levenda has a great talk here on more of the "behind the scene" spooks behind the ufology scene but also tied into secret society esoteric philosophy and conspiracies.

So yeah this is a thread about Greer -- but Greer is part of this old "extraterrestrial invasion" meme that is promoted by the CIA as disinformation.

So I'm just pointing out that people can be against Greer's cult without realizing it's just the symptom of a larger structural issue -- the CIA Freemasonic creation of ufology's extraterrestivial invasion - ancient astronaut lies.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

What are you barking on about?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I beg to differ, GH has NEVER invoked anicent astronauts, he cites an anicent advanced civilization, HUMAN civilization

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

So yeah this is a thread about Greer -- but Greer is part of this old "extraterrestrial invasion" meme that is promoted by the CIA as disinformation. So I'm just pointing out that people can be against Greer's cult without realizing it's just the symptom of a larger structural issue -- the CIA Freemasonic creation of ufology's extraterrestivial invasion - ancient astronaut lies.

Greer is the mouthpiece, a frontman, a puppet for the Freemasonic infiltrated CIA?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Schwaller de Lubicz, the Godfather of Egyptology (Graham Hancock, etc.), a subject key to Puharich’s Council of Nine and the Freemasonic “music logarithmic spiral,” was also a leader in the synarchist movement. “One of Schwaller de Lubicz's 'Watchers' was Vivien Postel du Mas, the man who wrote the Synarchist Pact of the 1930s. Through du Mas, Schwaller de Lubicz had a particular influence on Hitler's Deputy, the tormented and complex Rudolf Hess.”332 As Prince and Picknett note the S.R.I., tied to the CIA and Freemasonry, was a main funder of Egyptology.

332 “Against Synarchy - The Rise of the Rough Beast,” Adapted from a lecture by Lynn Picknett and Clive Prince
at the Saunière Society Symposium, Conway Hall, London on 19 September 1999.

“In 1975, despite NASA’s apparent indifference, Hurtak predicted that further finds of similar structures, including a Sphinx-like monument, would be made on Mars and that they would all prove to be connected in a great cosmic blueprint to the Giza monuments in Egypt.”336 Hurtak is the top disciple of Dr.
Andrija Puharich.

336 Graham Hancock, Robert Bauval, The Message of the Sphinx: A Quest for the Hidden Legacy of Mankind
(Random House, Inc., 1997)

Hurtak's real agenda has been exposed in the article by Carol S. Matthews, “The Master Race and the Family of Light: Conflict, Spiritual Purification and Bio-Political Agendas in JJ Hurtak's 'Book of Knowledge',” – anti-Muslism racism repackaged as the extraterrestrial “dark forces” in the New Age community. 338

I actually met Graham Hancock in 1997-98 at a Fortean conference and he gave a talk stating we should use a nuclear weapon to stop a comet from hitting Earth! I pointed out that if the nuclear weapon detonated near our atmosphere the radiation would give every one on Earth deadly cancer. I mean I didn't spell it out but I said -- wasn't that defeating the purpose?

I'm citing myself by the way -- I have a free online book that I link in my Devil's Chord thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Everywhen

I'm not saying Greer works for the CIA -- if you look at my earlier posts in this thread I give the links to the solid proof that the CIA has promoted the e.t. invasion. I'm just saying Greer has "rode the wave" so to speak -- he's been a part of this CIA disinformation because the CIA controls the media and so clears the path so to speak for this bogus mind control e.t. invasion ancient alien fascist propaganda.

Of course Greer claims he's a victim of the CIA but has tried to contact them but then the CIA director got assassinated because of Greer making contact and various other b.s. that people eat up like ice cream. haha.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Everywhen
reply to post by The GUT

It is an absurd illusion and disingenuous act of foolishness to assert that I have any respect for either two.

It is this kind of mindlessness - or predetermined trolling or both - that gets you ignored with just cause.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Everywhen because: (no reason given)

To be frank, Everywhen (no pun intended), I think there is a hole in your sock!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'm not saying Greer works for the CIA -- if you look at my earlier posts in this thread I give the links to the solid proof that the CIA has promoted the e.t. invasion. I'm just saying Greer has "rode the wave" so to speak -- he's been a part of this CIA disinformation because the CIA controls the media and so clears the path so to speak for this bogus mind control e.t. invasion ancient alien fascist propaganda.

Of course Greer claims he's a victim of the CIA but has tried to contact them but then the CIA director got assassinated because of Greer making contact and various other b.s. that people eat up like ice cream. haha.

Delusions of grandeur.

He's not that significant.

But I guess in the land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is King.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I read "Greer fronts for the CIA"; appreciate you clearing this matter. For argument's sake, not that I buy into the theory, Greer could very well work for an intelligence agency (American) but my spec would not be the CIA.

What you consider proof that the CIA has backofficed the ET invasion lore is for you to determine. Again, I read your statement to mean the CIA solely initiated, promoted, harvested and control(led) the ET invasion situation dates past and present. Frankly, I find this difficult to digest.

Ha ha what? Greer has an opinion, you have one, why is his less important than yours?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I actually met Graham Hancock in 1997-98 at a Fortean conference and he gave a talk stating we should use a nuclear weapon to stop a comet from hitting Earth! I pointed out that if the nuclear weapon detonated near our atmosphere the radiation would give every one on Earth deadly cancer. I mean I didn't spell it out but I said -- wasn't that defeating the purpose?

Isn't it perfectly debatable whether the strike or the fallout is the worst case scenario?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Read Footprints of the Gods, he cites an anicent advanced human civilization

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I totally agree with you GUT. He's nuttier than my fruitcake recipe.....

I found this spot on.
I have never thought of Greer as anything more than a psychopath.
If he ever did come in contact with aliens I imagine this to be his reaction.

AAAAALLLLIIIIIIIIEEEEENNNNNS !

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Ah c'mon people -- you were referencing ancient aliens and the star alignment of the pyramids.

No, we weren't. We were referencing computer software's ability to help in a contemporary investigation.

So yeah this is a thread about Greer -- but Greer is part of this old "extraterrestrial invasion" meme that is promoted by the CIA as disinformation. So I'm just pointing out that people can be against Greer's cult without realizing it's just the symptom of a larger structural issue -- the CIA Freemasonic creation of ufology's extraterrestivial invasion - ancient astronaut lies.

Actually Greer is completely against this meme. He maintains the CIA is, indeed, setting up an invasion scenario--with the help of Hollywood--to brainwash the masses (having conveniently forgotten "aliens are fuzzy" films like ET and Close Encounters) and basically makes the same accusations you do.

Greer is completely New Age when it comes to aliens and the future. All aliens are peaceful (or we wouldn't be around to debate it) and we're about to enter 500,000 year period of peace and prosperity and free energy if only we could get rid of the nefarious Shadow Government.

I'm citing myself by the way -- I have a free online book that I link in my Devil's Chord thread.

You seem fixated on Hancock. Why not strart a thread about all your great work, then? Why do you insist on crashing this thread with your Hancock stuff? It's irrelevant and off topic.

And you're citing yourself. How convenient. Isn't there something in T&C against self-promotion?

edit on 8/18/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Schwaller de Lubicz, the Godfather of Egyptology (Graham Hancock, etc.), a subject key to Puharich’s Council of Nine and the Freemasonic “music logarithmic spiral,” was also a leader in the synarchist movement. “One of Schwaller de Lubicz's 'Watchers' was Vivien Postel du Mas, the man who wrote the Synarchist Pact of the 1930s. Through du Mas, Schwaller de Lubicz had a particular influence on Hitler's Deputy, the tormented and complex Rudolf Hess.”332 As Prince and Picknett note the S.R.I., tied to the CIA and Freemasonry, was a main funder of Egyptology.

Interesting take on Hancock.

Do I read this accurately, that Hancock is aligned with common Egyptology?
Recently finished a Prince and Hancock Stench Of Truth vid/audio FYI

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join