It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Aims to Apply Its Touch to the Senate GOP - We need 61 GOP Senators

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It looks like Senator Ted Cruz is on his way to the U.S. Senate.

Gov. Sarah Palin stopped by to make it a done deal.

CNBC has the story.

- Gov. Sarah Palin Firepower -

The latest U.S. Senate polling shows that the Tea Party can probably guarantee at least

55 GOP Senators for next year. A filibuster proof 60 or 61 majority would allow us to

push through mandatory restoration repeals.

The Obama gaffes will allow this happen.

- You didn't build that - & the smear campaign against Chick-fil-A have us mobilized.

Obama is doomed but we also need a filibuster proof United States Senate.

-------------
- 3 months to go -

One more thing, Lockheed Martin will be handing out Pink Slips just days before the

November 6, 2012 election.

It's the law.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Am I the only conservative who would be just as happy to see Sarah go back to Alaska and tend to ..whatever it is she does in Alaska??

The 'aww shucks' routine was almost cute with McCain because I didn't believe it was more than a routine. 4 years later and she still acts like she just came from baking cookies for the young'ins and has a roast baking now. Enough.... We need leaders, not mothers and not homely pals to feel our pain. We need leaders with courage, vision and balls down there where it matters. Hey..even women can meet that in their own way, this one just doesn't!

We NEED the Senate. No question..It matters SO much more than the House if one one of the two can be under majority control. If Palin is the cheerleader for that overall effort though, we're doomed. We'll be lucky to keep Congress. Leadership is among the many things I DO NOT feel when looking at her.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Am I the only conservative who would be just as happy to see Sarah go back to Alaska and tend to ..whatever it is she does in Alaska??

The 'aww shucks' routine was almost cute with McCain because I didn't believe it was more than a routine. 4 years later and she still acts like she just came from baking cookies for the young'ins and has a roast baking now. Enough.... We need leaders, not mothers and not homely pals to feel our pain. We need leaders with courage, vision and balls down there where it matters. Hey..even women can meet that in their own way, this one just doesn't!

We NEED the Senate. No question..It matters SO much more than the House if one one of the two can be under majority control. If Palin is the cheerleader for that overall effort though, we're doomed. We'll be lucky to keep Congress. Leadership is among the many things I DO NOT feel when looking at her.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Where ever Gov. Sarah Palin goes the candidate wins.

Look at the election results for Ted Cruz.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Palin is helping defeat other republicans, these republican's will be easier for democrats to beat in later elections. How do you think a political movement with a 51% unfavorable rating is going to in the future?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Palin is helping defeat other republicans, these republican's will be easier for democrats to beat in later elections. How do you think a political movement with a 51% unfavorable rating is going to in the future?

I'll let you know November 7, 2012 at 10 AM.

It will be all said and done by then.
--------
By the way, what are you going to do about the 100,000 pink slips over at Lockheed Martin?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I think they win despite her in an election cycle it would take Pee Wee Herman actually IN the movie theater and caught red handed to lose against incumbents. That almost goes equally to both parties for incumbents..if it weren't for the fearless leader annoying people so much. I wouldn't credit her too much with riding the wave of sheer anger toward anything politician like and sitting in office from previous terms.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I've been a political independent all my life. I am a fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I voted for Reagan twice, Bush 41 once and even Bush 43 once. I am a veteran. But I will not now or ever cast a ballet for a Republican candidate at any level until they throw off the party's control by the so called "Christian" evangelical theocrat (and war-mongering to boot) zealots.

I will vote for a moderate American Muslim ANYTIME over any American who calls himself or herself a Christian evangelical. One group poses no threat to me or my country. The other poses a grave and present danger to actual freedom to everyone other than themselves.
edit on 2-8-2012 by pajoly because: spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I think they win despite her in an election cycle it would take Pee Wee Herman actually IN the movie theater and caught red handed to lose against incumbents. That almost goes equally to both parties for incumbents..if it weren't for the fearless leader annoying people so much. I wouldn't credit her too much with riding the wave of sheer anger toward anything politician like and sitting in office from previous terms.

Fox News also picked up the story.

They seem to suggest a Tea Party Coup.

- Tea Party - Fox News
edit on 2-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
At this point I really don't care much who wins what. I just hope that a single party doesn't control the executive and the legislature at the same time.

The only thing that has saved us from being totally gobbled up by the bureaucracy is its inefficiency. Partisanship and a divided legislature has actually afforded this country a brief respite from the inevitable deep dark hole looming ahead.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

"- You didn't build that - & the smear campaign against Chick-fil-A have us mobilized.

Obama is doomed but we also need a filibuster proof United States Senate."

Yes, yes. Out of context quotes and boycott of a fat factory fast food joint gets you riled and mobilized. But unpaid for and unprovoked wars, torture, the Patriot Act, rampant cronyism (both parties), sycophantically following the marching orders of the giant companies....none of those things will even get you off the couch.

Is there a better reason ATSers that shows the uselessness and ridiculousness of the Right today? But what can you expect from a group who is terrified by science, threatened by reason and unable to discern facts?

How I miss the great statesmen of the former Republican Party. All we have now is this vicious crop of religious zealots who have usurped the party.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

The other possibility is that Dewhurst lost due to being backed by Perry. Rick Goodhair Perry is not that popular of a governor even among Republicans after his horrible run for the presidency.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

"- You didn't build that - & the smear campaign against Chick-fil-A have us mobilized.

Obama is doomed but we also need a filibuster proof United States Senate."

Yes, yes. Out of context quotes and boycott of a fat factory fast food joint gets you riled and mobilized. But unpaid for and unprovoked wars, torture, the Patriot Act, rampant cronyism (both parties), sycophantically following the marching orders of the giant companies....none of those things will even get you off the couch.

Is there a better reason ATSers that shows the uselessness and ridiculousness of the Right today? But what can you expect from a group who is terrified by science, threatened by reason and unable to discern facts?

How I miss the great statesmen of the former Republican Party. All we have now is this vicious crop of religious zealots who have usurped the party.

Boycott on a fat factory?

Chicken is good for you. Stop by and try the waffle fries. They can't be beat!

-----------
What are you going to do about the 100,000 pink slips being handed out just days before

the November 6, 2012 election over at Lockheed Martin?

The Department of Defense is in dire straights and Obama is AWOL !!!

-----------
BTW, Bill Clinton is going to torpedo Obama during the DNC Convention.

Obama called him a racist in 2008.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
At this point I really don't care much who wins what. I just hope that a single party doesn't control the executive and the legislature at the same time.

The only thing that has saved us from being totally gobbled up by the bureaucracy is its inefficiency. Partisanship and a divided legislature has actually afforded this country a brief respite from the inevitable deep dark hole looming ahead.

I want a filibuster proof U.S. Senate so we can slice and dice the GSA.

Have you heard? Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.

The GSA is at it again in Nashville.

Spending tax dollars while they can. Let the good times roll.

"Is there a GSA member staying in the $3,000 a night presidential suite?"

Answer: " I hope not."
---------
Tea Party = Reduce the size of the U.S. government. Start at the GSA.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

The other possibility is that Dewhurst lost due to being backed by Perry. Rick Goodhair Perry is not that popular of a governor even among Republicans after his horrible run for the presidency.

Read the Fox News Article.

The Tea Party has more power and money behind it now.

Gov. Scott Walker won his recall election. Remember?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The more money comes from the Tea Party being used as tools.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

This is the Tea Party.

- Mission Statement -

-------------
Taxed

Enough

Already

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If the tea party takes over the country is doomed into the dark ages and plantation economic model.

. What most people don't know about the Boston Tea Party is why exactly it happened - what the colonists were actually protesting against. It wasn't just against the King, or taxation without representation, or a fight for freedom. It was a protest against corporate control over the North American economy. It came after the British Parliament - who were mostly shareholders in the British East India Company - gave the largest corporate tax break in the history of the world to the world's then-largest corporation, the East India Company

Which brings us to today - when tens of thousands of Americans across the nation have taken to the streets to once again protest against too much corporate power and corporate corruption of our government. They're protesting against massive tax breaks for job outsourcers, tax subsidies for insanely profitable oil corporations, and bailouts for Wall Street banksters. And in the irony of all ironies - it just so happens that the most corrupt of our politicians today - the most in-the-bag for the big corporations - are calling themselves Tea Partiers.

edit on 2-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

This is the Tea Party.

- Mission Statement -

-------------
Taxed

Enough

Already

Where does the money come from -- your mission statement could be written in Klingon and mean as much -- who is paying for your - "grass rootedness" LOL. The Tea Party is owned.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Obama will return to Chicago to play 100 rounds of golf when he loses in November.

He will probably take a lunch break at Chick-fil-A

------------
Then President Mitt Romney will remove the wet blanket that has been wrapped around

Free Market Capitalism.

Jobs....Jobs.....Jobs !

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This is the Tea Party.

- Mission Statement -

-------------
Taxed

Enough

Already

Where does the money come from -- your mission statement could be written in Klingon and mean as much -- who is paying for your - "grass rootedness" LOL. The Tea Party is owned.

We will reduce the size of the U.S. Government.

Who cares where the money comes from?

The liberals get funding from George Soros.

The conservatives get funding from the Koch brothers. So what ???
-----------
We will reduce the unemployment rate to 4% and you only care about where the money

comes from?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join