Tea Party Aims to Apply Its Touch to the Senate GOP - We need 61 GOP Senators

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Syyth007

There is no difference between the "modern" western "man" and the bush-men of Africa - we are the SAME biological entity.

I thought the discussion was about American exceptionalism not biology?

Though our biological make up is the same, if you fail to see the strides America has made in this word over the past 200 years then you’re oblivious. Do you want to compare the prosperity in the US to that of Africa? How about technology and innovation?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Here you go: American Exceptionalism

It turns out that American Exceptionalism has been around for a long time.

- American Exceptionalism - Wikipedia

We are unstoppable.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Is America not a nation of immigrants? Could we have achieved everything we have achieved without those before us? Could we of gotten to the moon without Wernher von Braun? Was Einstien not exceptional because he was born somewhere other then the U.S.A.? Or was his exceptional-ism a direct result of his later citizenship? Does the non-corporal idea of citizenship have sole control in who we turn out to be? If you were born a citizen of a different "Country" would YOU be a different person? Does a made-up invisible line have true dominion over who you are as an individual?

Believing that you are Exceptional because of your nationality must also mean that you believe others are obviously inferior to you because of their nationality. I guess it helps ease the responsibility of imposing your will onto others, as they are obviously inferior and don't know any better... because they were born in a different space-time coordinate - it makes PERFECT sense. But if all Americans are responsible for our exceptional-ism, doesn't that mean we are also all responsible for the numerous horrors perpetrated by the U.S.A. also?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syyth007
Is America not a nation of immigrants? Could we have achieved everything we have achieved without those before us? Could we of gotten to the moon without Wernher von Braun? Was Einstien not exceptional because he was born somewhere other then the U.S.A.? Or was his exceptional-ism a direct result of his later citizenship? Does the non-corporal idea of citizenship have sole control in who we turn out to be? If you were born a citizen of a different "Country" would YOU be a different person? Does a made-up invisible line have true dominion over who you are as an individual?

Believing that you are Exceptional because of your nationality must also mean that you believe others are obviously inferior to you because of their nationality. I guess it helps ease the responsibility of imposing your will onto others, as they are obviously inferior and don't know any better... because they were born in a different space-time coordinate - it makes PERFECT sense. But if all Americans are responsible for our exceptional-ism, doesn't that mean we are also all responsible for the numerous horrors perpetrated by the U.S.A. also?

Free Market Capitalism has made the USA an economic superpower and a

military superpower.

Some things never change.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Could we have achieved everything we have achieved without those before us? Could we of gotten to the moon without Wernher von Braun? Was Einstien not exceptional because he was born somewhere other then the U.S.A.?

You sound like someone else I heard recently!

So America’s success can be attributed to every other nation EXCEPT America?

Makes sense!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It is futile for him to attack American Exceptionalism.

He sounds like Elisabeth Warren and Obama.

-----------

We are poised for a tremendous recovery. It will begin November 6, 2012.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ha! You are simply projecting some fear you have onto me. Obama and I have nothing in common. I do not espouse his beliefs, nor support him, but by you identifying him with me, it makes me easier to attack. You have marginalized me, labeled me with some preconceived political label that someone else created, an attempt at dehumanizing someone you identify as an "opponent"... Jesus man, think for your self. I am simply asking questions to get others to think for them selves rather then repeat political propaganda verbatim, I am not some political enemy that you simply inherited from the authority you subscribe to.

I can guarantee you I piss off what you consider to be "liberal" or "leftists" just as much as I piss off the "right", or "conservatives" - whatever premade world view you may want to label yourself. Obama has no authority over me as a human being - Governments DO NOT give you ANY rights. Both "sides" of the political spectrum are a parasite on Society as a whole - BOTH SIDES have tricked us into believing we need them, when nothing could be farther from the truth.

I am not a "Democrat" nor a "Liberal". I am not a "Conservative" nor a "Republican". I am an Individual. And every Individual should be judged the same, on the individual, not some false moniker YOU choose to label people with. It does nothing but dehumanize and objectify your target. It makes it easier for you to hate, and at the same time, further spread hate.

No one has the "right" to impose their will on Society. We need to drop our unhealthy obsession with Authority, or nothing will ever truly change for the better.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

American Exceptionalism is here to stay.

Nothing will change.

We are as constant as the North Star.

---------
God Bless the USA !

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I don't think that people get the fact that the Tea Party is NOT a political party, but a political movement.

It's more than an ideology. It's a belief system that transcends political party ideology.

There are more than enough of their pets in office now for you to break down exactly what you mean.
Either it is empty Rhetoric or you can tell me what it is.
Most of them have raised the cost and size of government.
How do they all fit in this grand scheme?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Nothing will change.

---------
God Bless the USA !

Define "American Exceptionalism." if you could be so kind.
I am starting to think I think it means something different from what you think it means.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I really liked the Tea Party when they first got going. They wanted to reform tax laws and put freedoms back into the hands of the individual.

But after FoxNews and the GOP got hold of it, it became a convenient way for the GOP to give the illusion that they were reinventing themselves without changing the ideology. The TP has been compromised and is no longer a valid alternative to the status quo.

I can't see how more TP people in congress is going to help. There are plenty of TP candidates that have already been elected and serve in office today. They just fall right in line with the GOP. THey talk a good game, but them in power and they cow-tow to

So why should we be excited about the TP at all and why should we care what Sarah Palin says? She's a half-term quitter that decided it was best to get on the GOP money train instead of fulfilling her obligation to the people that elected her.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Nothing will change.

---------
God Bless the USA !

I am starting to think I think it means something different from what you think it means.

American Exceptionalism has been around for a long time. Good read at Wikipedia.

- American Exceptionalism - Stalin !!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I can't stop laughing! The first thing I though of after reading that was this. *WARNING_Bad language and humor*

I love my country, but American exceptionalism is dying right along with the baby-boomers. You're not stuck in the 50's are you?
edit on 4-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Nothing will change.

---------
God Bless the USA !

American Exceptionalism has been around for a long time. Good read at Wikipedia.

- American Exceptionalism - Stalin !!!

Now I hate myself.
I posted that last post and then thought I should go edit it but then...nahhhh.
You seem like a person who can read and type. No need to hold your hand.

Maybe you are actually more familiar with a phrase of this type.

In your own words, define American Exceptionalism.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I really liked the Tea Party when they first got going. They wanted to reform tax laws and put freedoms back into the hands of the individual.

But after FoxNews and the GOP got hold of it, it became a convenient way for the GOP to give the illusion that they were reinventing themselves without changing the ideology. The TP has been compromised and is no longer a valid alternative to the status quo.

I can't see how more TP people in congress is going to help. There are plenty of TP candidates that have already been elected and serve in office today. They just fall right in line with the GOP. THey talk a good game, but them in power and they cow-tow to

So why should we be excited about the TP at all and why should we care what Sarah Palin says? She's a half-term quitter that decided it was best to get on the GOP money train instead of fulfilling her obligation to the people that elected her.

Good question!!!

The Tea Party has more power and influence in 2012.

Look what we did in Wisconsin. Gov. Scott Walker won his recall election.

That was a devastating loss for the liberals in Wisconsin. - Landslide Victory -

------------
We will add more GOP members to the House and regain the majority in the

U.S. Senate. Get used to the term - minority leader Harry Reid-.

------------
Of course, President Mitt Romney will be moving into the White House

January 20, 2013.

It is all very clear to me.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nunyadammm

I agree the definition at Wikipedia.

Stalin had it right decades ago.

We have the magic formula here in the USA !

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The Tea Party has more power and influence in 2012.

That's not exactly true. TP support has been falling ever since the mid-term elections. In fact, there was a poll that ABC did with the Washington post that said the more people learn about the TP...the less they like it.

Give me a few and I'll find it.

ETA: Found it. It's in PDF and even has a nice little graph for the symbol-minded. I don't really like to use polls as evidence, but hey...if the shoe fits...
PDF
edit on 4-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The U.S.A. has been around, oh, about .00118% of HUMAN history, throw in the age of our planet, and that number is even smaller... Declaring a nation THE BEST THING ON EARTH, EVER seems to be a bit short sighted, seeing as the time period is SOOOOO small, and really, you are looking at the very near past with rose colored glasses. Americans were committing horrendous atrocities at the same time they were acting so "exceptional", to deny that is to deny fact. It wasn't that long ago that everyone in America was judged simply on their skin color, they would slaughter innocents for simply appearing different then some preconceived (false) notion that was planted in their mind by their leaders. Americans THRIVE on fear, and seem to try their hardest to spread that fear to every corner of the globe.

There have been numerous other nations that have risen and fell, who achieved great advancements in human civilization, who have ruled for ages, much, much longer, (and larger Empires) then the U.S.A., before decaying to the corruption of their authority, and the U.S.A. will be no different.

The propagandists would have you believe their system of control is "the best" because it makes it that much more easy to control you. You will willingly clasp the chains yourself, and hand the leash over to some authority figure that tells you what you believe on "hot button" issues.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syyth007
The U.S.A. has been around, oh, about .00118% of HUMAN history, throw in the age of our planet, and that number is even smaller... Declaring a nation THE BEST THING ON EARTH, EVER seems to be a bit short sighted, seeing as the time period is SOOOOO small, and really, you are looking at the very near past with rose colored glasses. Americans were committing horrendous atrocities at the same time they were acting so "exceptional", to deny that is to deny fact. It wasn't that long ago that everyone in America was judged simply on their skin color, they would slaughter innocents for simply appearing different then some preconceived (false) notion that was planted in their mind by their leaders. Americans THRIVE on fear, and seem to try their hardest to spread that fear to every corner of the globe.

There have been numerous other nations that have risen and fell, who achieved great advancements in human civilization, who have ruled for ages, much, much longer, (and larger Empires) then the U.S.A., before decaying to the corruption of their authority, and the U.S.A. will be no different.

The propagandists would have you believe their system of control is "the best" because it makes it that much more easy to control you. You will willingly clasp the chains yourself, and hand the leash over to some authority figure that tells you what you believe on "hot button" issues.

The fear and deception comes from the Global Warming Loons!

Sorry about Al Gore. He is out of control.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Just because you keep repeating the same lines over and over doesn't mean there going to come true. Why won't you debate this topic, other than repeating your beliefs over and over?

The tea party and republican tactic of voter suppression isn't working as there new laws are all in the courts.

There manufactured propaganda isn't working, as there approval rating is 51%.

They are losing in the polls in the swing states.

The democrats really didn't back the recall election in Wisconsin, but guess what Obama leads in polling there

I think your gonna be very disappointed Nov 6

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join