It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Aims to Apply Its Touch to the Senate GOP - We need 61 GOP Senators

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Tea Party funding comes from the corporate powers that be

Americans for Prosperity has worked closely with the Tea Party since the movement’s inception. In the weeks before the first Tax Day protests, in April, 2009, Americans for Prosperity hosted a Web site offering supporters “Tea Party Talking Points.” The Arizona branch urged people to send tea bags to Obama; the Missouri branch urged members to sign up for “Taxpayer Tea Party Registration” and provided directions to nine protests. The group continues to stoke the rebellion. The North Carolina branch recently launched a “Tea Party Finder” Web site, advertised as “a hub for all the Tea Parties in North Carolina.”

www.newyorker.com...

Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is a group fronting special interests started by oil billionaire David Koch and Richard Fink (a member of the board of directors of Koch Industries). AFP has been accused of funding astroturf operations but also has been fueling the "Tea Party" efforts. [1] AFP's messages are in sync with those of other groups funded by the Koch Family Foundations and the Koch's other special interest groups that work against progressive or Democratic initiatives and protections for workers and the environment.

www.sourcewatch.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Democrats funding comes from George Soros. So what ??????

George Soros funds Media Matters. So what ???

-----------
We got the SuperPacs now.

There is funding all over the place!

Newt says Mitt Romney has 17 Billionaires throwing money at him.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The Tea Party is going to enlarge the government. You already had members voting for the NDAA and CISPA and to give tax money to the Koch brothers. A vote for the Tea Party is a vote for more tyranny and crony capitalism.

Of the Republicans 47 of the 66 members of the House Tea Party Caucus also supported the bill.

freakoutnation.com...

www.govtrack.us...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

The Tea Party is going to enlarge the government. You already had members voting for the NDAA and CISPA and to give tax money to the Koch brothers. A vote for the Tea Party is a vote for more tyranny and crony capitalism.

Of the Republicans 47 of the 66 members of the House Tea Party Caucus also supported the bill.

freakoutnation.com...

www.govtrack.us...
en.wikipedia.org...

Our mission statement says otherwise.

- No More Government Gone Wild -

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

freakoutnation.com...

www.govtrack.us...
en.wikipedia.org...

Then I guess nobody has bothered to read it. Or they use the Tea Party as tool to get elected and then do as they please because lets face it most people do not have a high opinion of the Tea Party. Frankly they have done far more harm to the GOP than help.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

freakoutnation.com...

www.govtrack.us...
en.wikipedia.org...

Then I guess nobody has bothered to read it. Or they use the Tea Party as tool to get elected and then do as they please because lets face it most people do not have a high opinion of the Tea Party. Frankly they have done far more harm to the GOP than help.

That doesn't make any sense.

The Tea Party gave the GOP a clear majority in the House of Representatives.

Hello Speaker John Boehner!

Goodbye Nancy Pelosi ! We have a much smaller office for you down the hall.

- November 2012 Election -

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I don't care what the mission statement says. It is fantasy, talk is cheap. In all reality the Tea Party has done nothing but enlarge the government.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I don't care what the mission statement says. It is fantasy, talk is cheap. In all reality the Tea Party has done nothing but enlarge the government.

When the GOP took over the House that stopped Obama from running through

$$$ Trillion dollar stimulus plans - Solyndra -.

We won't be able to - restore - America until we get all 3 corners.

White House -- U.S. Senate -- House of Representatives

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Obama has nothing to do with Tea Party members voting for the NDAA, CISPA, and giving tax money to corporations. They did that on their own free will. It's cool you make excuses for tyrannical corrupt parties though. It's also cool that you support big government parties when you're supposed to be against it. Talk about cognitive dissidence.
edit on 2-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Obama has nothing to do with Tea Party members voting for the NDAA, CISPA, and giving tax money to corporations. They did that on their own free will. It's cool you make excuses for tyrannical corrupt parties though. It's also cool that you support big government parties when you're supposed to be against it. Talk about cognitive dissidence.

President Mitt Romney will lower the unemployment rate to 4%.

President Mitt Romney will bring these $$$ trillion deficits to an end.

Your priorities are upside down and backwards.

- Obama is doomed -

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I don't like Obama and you don't know my priorities. Why are you deflecting from the original argument? Because you don't know what to say? That you are loyal to a tyrannical big government party? So much that you will make excuses for their actions?

No, he really won't. He is a crony capitalist that helped the unemployment rate where it is by outsourcing. He wants to raise taxes on anyone that makes 200k or less, a lot of those are small business owners. Tax the middle class = less spending = less business revenue = less jobs.

No, he really won't. He wants to raise military funding which is already the highest in the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I don't like Obama and you don't know my priorities. Why are you deflecting from the original argument? Because you don't know what to say? That you are loyal to a tyrannical big government party? So much that you will make excuses for their actions?

No, he really won't. He is a crony capitalist that helped the unemployment rate where it is by outsourcing. He wants to raise taxes on anyone that makes 200k or less, a lot of those are small business owners. Tax the middle class = less spending = less business revenue = less jobs.

No, he really won't. He wants to raise military funding which is already the highest in the world.

Yes, he really will. -- We do not have a choice. --

We have to put Americans back to work. The current labor participation rate is a disgrace.

We can't all stay on food stamps forever.

We deserve better than that.
-------
The USA is a military superpower. That will never change.

We have everything we need to - restore - America.

President Mitt Romney will lead the way and Obama will play 100 rounds of golf

in Chicago.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You are deluded. Since Mittens can't, tell me EXACTLY how he is going to bring unemployment down to 4% in light of the global economic situation. It's cheap poltical BS. I'm no fan of Obama but at 60yo I've heard and seen alot. Republicans were going to fix everything when they got the House majority and they havn't done jack. Republican, Democrat it doesn't matter one bit. The only thing that is determined is WHOSE friends get to saddle-up to the trough. Believing that EITHER party gives a rats-butt about this country is sadly laughable. Don't be a maroon. Open your eyes. The ONLY people who benefit from either party is the elite. We get wholly screwed either way. The ONLY viable answer is to force every one of them out. Throw a spanner into the political machine.

I hope Romney does get elected. Because in the short time left afterwards I plan to rub the faces of a select group of pathetic sheep into the crap that's created. People like you --- on both sides --- are exactly why the situation is hopeless. On the one hand you had 'Hope and Change' empty promises. Now you have Mittens and his 4% unemployment and detail-devoid economic plan. It's just 'trust me I know what I'm doing' all over again. Don't be a fool. We already have too many as it is.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yo anyone see the government shrink in the past 3 and half years?

Yo anyone see the spending shrink in the past 3 and half years?

In fact Government has never been larger the Federal Reserve powers have increase,Government agencies,empoyees have increased.

The largest bank in the world is the government created Federal Reserve

The largest retirement fund is Government owned.

The larget healthcare provider is Government owned.

SS,Medicare,Medicaid so i ask again just exactly how has government shrunk?

The evil rights spent 5 trillion in 8 years the left have spent over 6 trillion in 3 and cbo projections put that debt at over 21 trillion within the next 4 no matter who is in power.

We need something one damn thing is for sure You can take that hope and change and forward, and our plan worked and stick it where the sun never shines.

Yes we can.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

You are deluded. Since Mittens can't, tell me EXACTLY how he is going to bring unemployment down to 4% in light of the global economic situation. It's cheap poltical BS. I'm no fan of Obama but at 60yo I've heard and seen alot. Republicans were going to fix everything when they got the House majority and they havn't done jack. Republican, Democrat it doesn't matter one bit. The only thing that is determined is WHOSE friends get to saddle-up to the trough. Believing that EITHER party gives a rats-butt about this country is sadly laughable. Don't be a maroon. Open your eyes. The ONLY people who benefit from either party is the elite. We get wholly screwed either way. The ONLY viable answer is to force every one of them out. Throw a spanner into the political machine.

I hope Romney does get elected. Because in the short time left afterwards I plan to rub the faces of a select group of pathetic sheep into the crap that's created. People like you --- on both sides --- are exactly why the situation is hopeless. On the one hand you had 'Hope and Change' empty promises. Now you have Mittens and his 4% unemployment and detail-devoid economic plan. It's just 'trust me I know what I'm doing' all over again. Don't be a fool. We already have too many as it is.

History will repeat itself.

If you look back in history, we have had 4% unemployment before.

Bill Clinton had 4% unemployment during the Dot.com bubble + budget surpluses!

George W. Bush had 4.4% unemployment during part of his presidency.

We can get there from here. All we need is something new. The last something new

was the World Wide Web. Companies like Google, Yahoo, eBay & Amazon appeared

out of nowhere.

--------
In order for the USA to take off we need a capitalist in the White House.

Obama is a Radical Marxist masquerading as a moderate in order to get elected.

President Mitt Romney will create an environment where small business can succeed.

Then he will get out of the way.

The U.S. government is not our savior. It is a barrier that is in our way.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Four more years, Obama has many ways of winning Romney not so much.

The tea party will beat other republicans but will lose to democrats.

The republicans economic plans have never helped America, wishing for a different result while doing the same thing doesn't make since.

Lawsuits are already in place to fight the voter suppression laws the tea party and republican states governments have enacted. Both of these groups are spending a ton of money to influence voters if there voter suppression tactics don't work.

Four more years

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Four more years, Obama has many ways of winning Romney not so much.

The tea party will beat other republicans but will lose to democrats.

The republicans economic plans have never helped America, wishing for a different result while doing the same thing doesn't make since.

Lawsuits are already in place to fight the voter suppression laws the tea party and republican states governments have enacted. Both of these groups are spending a ton of money to influence voters if there voter suppression tactics don't work.

Four more years

I think Obama is already practicing his concession speech for November 6, 2012.

The economy is dragging him down. The unemployment rate went up just today.

8.3% unemployment and 1.5% GDP growth rate is a disgrace. No president

has been re-elected with failed economic policies.

Obamas record is so terrible that he has resorted to personal attacks on Romney.

-----------

The - You didn't build that - gaffe and the attack on Chick-fil-A has awakened a

clear majority in America.

-- Obama is doomed --

-- 3 months to go -- tick ....tock.....tick.....tock

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

It must be great to live in a fantasy world

Yes, he really will. -- We do not have a choice. --

No, he really won't. He doesn't care about the USA, hence why he outsourced personally. He wants to raise taxes n small businesses.

We have to put Americans back to work. The current labor participation rate is a disgrace.

And he's not going to do that. He loves tax breaks for corporations that outsource.

The USA is a military superpower. That will never change.

And? The last thing we need is to increase the military spending. Romney will and wants to.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Start with the GSA, then move on to the EPA, Dept. of Education, Dept. of Labor, Dept. of Energy ......

Then have the Federal Gov't do what it's constitionally supposed to do -- Defend our Borders, tax on imports to the USA, and defend our country from attack.

Remember Caterpillar in Illinois that layed off people right after Obama stopped by.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join