It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tolerance" bully at Chic-fil-A

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights

Look on the web and check their brand index scores. And then you'll see what I'm saying in numbers.

Sounds like you know those number. Can you share them with us?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Since I'm in Australia and not really up to date with this whole thing, was this a statement made by a man or the company?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
He just made me feel proud to be a redneck wow, what a freak. Like seriously, and by the sound of his voice he DEFINITELY IS GAY. The kinda guy you'd just love to find in a dark alley late at night.... Like seriously the girl is making 8 bucks an hour and she has to put up with his BS? You got to be kidding me. If I was her I'd throw that water in his face.

Besides what the President of the company said was just a PR stunt to get free advertising. Like when Trump was claiming he might run for president of the US. It's free media attention all over. Corporations will do anything to make buck now a days.
edit on 3-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by stanguilles7

Seriously though if I was a betting man I would put it all on him being gay.. nothing wrong with that, but he's just ultra feminine and maybe he's in denial.

edit on 2-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Me thinks he secretly flies the rainbow flag too.

Either that or he had a sex reassignment surgery .

A man's personality doesn't flip to a$$holiness on just one topic. For this guy to go out of his way to harass a poor worker, it proves he has no friends, no life, no sex, and is drowning in his shallowness. What a waste of life.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Gotta love how how some prick men hide behind "gay rights" to vent their mysoginy! Just the sight of a woman makes them feel small already so they gotta spew that venom lol!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'm not gay and I honestly don't think I have any business offering my opinion on a social issue I have absolutely no stake in. This isn't me ignoring the issue or pretending it doesn't exist or matter, it's me admitting I don't know enough about it to add anything of substance to the conversation. That being said I would like to make the following observations.....
1. The company is throwing logs on a very unstable fire in an effort to get free publicity and sell more product. The corporate executives made this decision without any regard for the safety and welfare of their front line employees.
That poor woman at the window gets to carry the entire burden of some overpaid incredibly stupid person's decision for the rest of the day. Give her a raise and fire the nitwit who put her in that position.
The man in the car films a group of "students" and says they may be coming to stage a "sit in" protest, what if they were actually really drunk extremists or members of the Westboro clan looking to create their own little media frenzy?
2. The entire same sex marriage issue seems to be yesterdays news at this point, it seems people are too busy looking for jobs and paying bills to worry about something like that right now. Unfortunately this is an election year and what might have gone down in history as a rare and beautiful case of "live and let live" is now political currency to be plucked from the gutter.
This sucks because these are the people who make decisions and control the money, and they are scumbags.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
LOL.. "I'm totally a heterosexual, not a gay in me". That guy is such a closeted gay or extremely insecure.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Liberal Fascism

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is a bit over the top. I don't really understand his point.

I was actually in a conversation with some locals at my pub across the street about the chick-fil-a thing.

First I was told the owner simply said he believed in the biblical view of marriage, between a man and woman only.

I countered that the only reason to make that statement in the 21st century is because you have an agenda against equal rights for gays or lesbians. Nothing else fits, period.

So I was called intolerant of others views for this

I stated that I wasn't lobbing bombs at this guys house, or bitching about their views. . .

All I said was it made no sense for me to indirectly support this guy when he used some of his funds towards organizations which I'm against on principal.

How is that being intolerant!?

Nope, I'm just standing by what I support or am against.

I was told it doesn't matter....it's just food

I don't understand this at all...

WTF??

Originally posted by r2d246
He just made me feel proud to be a redneck wow, what a freak. Like seriously, and by the sound of his voice he DEFINITELY IS GAY. The kinda guy you'd just love to find in a dark alley late at night....

You just made me feel ashamed for living in a redneck state.

edit on 3-8-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights
Look on the web and check their brand index scores. And then you'll see what I'm saying in numbers.

Also, there are more independents in this country than progressives OR conservatives. Wisconsin, BTW, is a horrible defense. You do know Obama won over Romney in preliminary exit polls by 8 points the same day Walker was retained. Barrett was a horrible candidate and many Dems stayed home because they simply couldn't support him. Many Dems supported Walker, many independents supported Walker, because they are anti-recall, and not because they are pro-Walker. But hey, a man/woman can dream, I guess.

I assume you are referring to the YOUGOV article. I'd like to see other surveys. Their methodology assures a decline in their rating on their poll when negative things get said. If those scores were to stay low, then you can take something from it. Lets see Chick-Fil-A's numbers 3 to 6 months out then you can see if they have sustained lasting damage. From all accounts that I've read, Chick-Fil-A is a well run company that puts out tasty food in clean surroundings with friendly people working there. They have won numerous quality awards and just had their best year ever. I've eaten there once in Florida and was fairly impressed with it, as fast food goes. The WSJ seems to think that overall this won't be too much a plus or negative overall online.wsj.com... 4467532.html

As for you Wisconsin statement, I wouldn't expect anything else from you on that. We will see how this plays out......

edit on 3-8-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

Homophobes? Who is afraid of them or you? That word alone was created by Gs and Lzs to be offensive!
This clown did not, at all, help his/thier cause.
edit on 3-8-2012 by murphy22 because: added statement

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

While I agree with you, that this guy is a bit of a jack-ass.....I think it's a bit wrong to lump all liberals in with this guy's behavior. I don't know of a single one of my lib friends that go around acting like this. Everyone I know that hates Chic-fil-A (including myself) are sending them a message in best most productive way possible...by not giving them any of our service!

It's not easy either.....Why do they have to make such damn good waffle fries!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
White collared prick, goes and verbally abuses a teenage girl working minimum at a drive through, and thinks he is a hero? What a big man. I hope someone with an imposing figure sees this and gives him a whopping.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by Superhans

interesting reasoning.

I'm just saying the hypocrisy is in calling for a boycott of oreos, but then condemning those who do the same for chicfila. Not that they are contradicting their political beliefs if they are, as you say, fascists.

There is not hypocracy, it is pretty straight forward.
Group A wants to boycot "in the name of freedom and equality" even though freedom of speech is one of those freedoms making thing hypocrites.

Group B: Wants to boycot because they are against gay marriage.

One is full of crap and the other is honest, I could not really care less because I have never even seen a chic-fill-a in my entire life.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
White collared prick, goes and verbally abuses a teenage girl working minimum at a drive through, and thinks he is a hero? What a big man. I hope someone with an imposing figure sees this and gives him a whopping.

His company that he worked for just fired him according to the news.

www.wtam.com...?feed=104668&article=10315939

And he was a fairly high ranking there it seems. Welcome to our world guy!

edit on 3-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Well, I salute them. It would be hilarious, if he found himself in the position of having to apply for a job in that fast food joint.

I am thinking he never had to work in a place like that, most people who have know what it's like and are generally decent to fast food employees. It's amazing the amount of crap you have to put up with. Treating people like dirt is a crappy thing to do.
edit on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 02:01:06 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Yeah here's your free water a-hole oops can I get you a towel to clean that up...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
He felt so strongly about it, was so passionate about the issue that he drove thru to make his stand? Too lazy to even get out of the car or ask for a manager and risk confronting a (most likely) male authority figure. What a powerhouse!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Meet in a dark alley to kick his azz, I meant, what were you thinking ha ha ..... oh sick!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
LOL.. "I'm totally a heterosexual, not a gay in me". That guy is such a closeted gay or extremely insecure.

Definitely easily offended that's for sure. But in a weird way I suppose it does take all types for the world to go round, even the nut jobs. But in my mind if you wanna embarrass yourself that's a good example as to how.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join