It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tolerance" bully at Chic-fil-A

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

not really what?
It doesn't mean anything at the end of the day. One individual doesn't change the landscape of the situation, which is CFA's popularity has declined. So obviously, there are more people who are anti-CFA compared to pro-CFA in this entire debate.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Forgive me for being a bit off topic a minute, but I think this says much about the ATS community.

The guy in the video had full intent and did indeed RL troll the girl working the window. And maybe it is indicative of the kind of person that becomes a member here or maybe a byproduct of the atmosphere that we try to create with our constant stressing of the Decorum that we try to maintain here.

But I, as an individual staff member, wanted to say thank you for spotting and opposing the kind of behavior that we try to hedge out. Nothing wrong with his having an opinion of opposition, but the way he went about it was completely wrong. To be blunt he played the person and not the ball and his action would have resulted in a Manners graphic or Extreme T&C Violation.

As staff we get the flack for "censorship" when often times these are the types of things that we remove. Since the guy was on a roll, his discussion with the staff over that infraction would have likely earned him either a post ban or full ban. You will notice that his employer felt the same and fired him over the incident.

So again I say well done guys and keep up the good work.

/off topic.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
And that right there is the problem with your reading comprehension because I not once said the he acted gay or stereotyped. There is a difference. There is double standard here because you will only perceive questioning someones sexuality or discussing it if there is prejudice involved, but if it's discussion with no regard then what the hell does it matter. I don't care if he's gay. I know there are feminine straight guys out there, it was just my opinion based on what I saw that he was probably gay. Also you did imply me as an "anti gay straight guy" when you were having your conversation with an above poster as I was the only person in the thread you were apparently and misguidedly comparing your gay detection abilities against for some inexplicable reason.
edit on 2-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)
You said he comes off feminine. And that as a result, that his gestures/aura was not masculine, that you thought he was gay. That is a stereotype. How is that not being stereotypical? And you don't have to be prejudiced in spirit to realize that what you said is basing a view of that man based on stereotypes. You can be non-prejudicial individually yet that does not mean it isn't prejudiced to perceive someone as gay based on stereotypes. And there is no double standard either. Questioning someone's sexuality because they're 30 and never had a GF, for example, is different than doing so when someone says they are straight but you think they are gay because they're feminine. Those are two different situations and hence bring forth two different responses.

I did not call you an anti-gay straight guy, I was speaking in generalities, and I was specifically talking about the mentality that many straight men have that if a guy isn't macho, he's gay and less of a man.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
She should have said it's nice that you finally have a purpose in life. Then have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
so gay or straight this guy advertised for chickfila, how many hits did his vid get, he would have made the evil corporation less money if he would have gone through the drive through and ordered the whole menu without a video camera, as opposed to this vid he made, this is the world we live in.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
About that video in the Op... the dude is totally rude and really out of place with his opinions, and the girl
was just amazing and patient with someone who obviously has to much time in his hands.

KFC 'loves the gays,' says John Goodman as Colonel Sanders in new ‘Funny or Die’ video aimed at Chick-fil-A

edit on 2-8-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

disgusting... cant even watch the video..

I love chickfila

love the burritos

love the sandwiches

I get bummed on sunday and i"m not religious but i fully support chickfila

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights

not really what?
It doesn't mean anything at the end of the day. One individual doesn't change the landscape of the situation, which is CFA's popularity has declined. So obviously, there are more people who are anti-CFA compared to pro-CFA in this entire debate.

No, my point is that even though i SUPPORT 'gay marriage', and dont support fast food restaurant of ANY kind, the way he 'left' in america has handled this situation makes me want to support Chic-fil_A. I think THAT says 'a lot'. I'm not saying i think my petty support would actually improve their profitability.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Looks like Mr. Tolerance lost his job over this.

Sometimes karma tastes almost as good as a fresh chicken sandwich and waffle-fries.

Vante regrets the unfortunate events that transpired yesterday in Tucson between our former CFO/Treasurer Adam Smith and an employee at Chick-fil-A. Effective immediately, Mr. Smith is no longer an employee of our company.

The actions of Mr. Smith do not reflect our corporate values in any manner....

More at the company's website:
www.marketwire.com...

edit on 8/2/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

Gotta love that Karma coming back on the boomarang. That just made my day.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Intolerance masquerading around as tolerance? That's nothing new.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights

not really what?

No, my point is that even though i SUPPORT 'gay marriage', and dont support fast food restaurant of ANY kind, the way he 'left' in america has handled this situation makes me want to support Chic-fil_A. I think THAT says 'a lot'. I'm not saying i think my petty support would actually improve their profitability.
I didn't say you said that, what I did say is that ultimately, more people feel the right are in the wrong, than they do the left, regarding CFA, so therefore, one person thinking different doesn't put a dent in that. Plus there are conservatives who are against CFA.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
here's the article about the guy getting fired:

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How much gasoline did this expend in gas to make a bullying buffoon of himself for a "free" water(which cost Chic-Fil-A a cup, a lid and a straw)? Mr. Kathy wins again.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

AGAIN, I'm not saying i'm 'putting a dent' in anything.

I'm merely giving an example of how this sort of behavior turns me away, when in reality, i should be an ally.

Focusing on this petty, petty non-issue is what is known as a 'distraction'. Much like the Right winging about out-of-context phrases about who built their business, this is meant to distract the population from real criticism of our politicians. And all the left have managed to do with this issue is make a mockery of themselves. Because every single person I know who is a 'liberal' has expressed nothing but contempt for the 'lefts' treatment of this issue.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Not believing in gay rights, or just plainly disliking their choices/way of life, does not make someone a homophobe. Homophobia is a term that is thrown around way too much these days. Just because someone doesn't like something does not mean they have an 'irrational aversion or fear' of that thing. I don't like needles, but I still get them when needed, does that mean I have belonephobia?

Grow up people, intolerance to intolerance!!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wonder how many here bought a Chick Fil A Sandwich the other day?

Ok... so the guy was condescending and probably wasn't as effective as he could be. However, the argument that a Corporation (which SURE, has RIGHT to "FREE SPEECH" ) would send money to anti gay groups for anti gay legislation is what is truly at issue.

However, progress is on the LEFT's side and some day Gay's WILL be able to get married all across this land!.

Yes, right now gays and lesbians and their supporters are very loud, and yes they are trying to make a point!. That HATE and intolerance via the BIBLE or governmental law is just wrong.

and they are trying to make that point and yes they are speaking out.

I would think you all would support TRUE liberty and not just LIBERTY for Heterosexual Fundamentalist Christians? I thought LIBERTY was for all???

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

THIS is what is wrong with the liberals approach to this whole Chic-fil-A thing.

I agree...this is the wrong approach.

Unfortunately, There are many idiots on both sides.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
and btw.. I wonder how many Fundy Christians and Right wingers have made these kinds of films. I seem to recall someone dressing up as a Pimp, among other things..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I normally wouldn't have eaten at it because I like KFC better, but now if there was one in my area I would go eat there just because some bigots are calling me a homophobe because I disagree with them in some way.

Insult me all to hell and back, you will only cause me to fight you any way I can.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join