It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese teen kills 9 in knife attack. This is a Call to ban Knifes in America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

You realize you can pick up a rock, throw it at somebody and kill them right ?

Should we ban rocks ?

Imagine....How would we have survived and built this country without knives ?

Don't people understand the many positive ways a knife can be used for just regular work, or something around the how or to fix things, or even to save lives......

I bet if somebody else had a knife he would have thought twice about going after them.......usually people who do these things don't go after other armed people..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Being stabbed will always be a suprise... Im sure most victims of knife violence will agree

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So now how am i going to my steak for dinner? :l

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
So now how am i going to my steak for dinner? :l

Spork!

Only Government and police should have knives!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Speaking from experience. It was a surprise, and it hurt like hell...and I still get slightly ill when I recall the feeling of the knife grating along the bone...yuck. Not to mention the blood.

Doctor told me, a gunshot wound would actually have been cleaner. Not that I care to find out.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Lame

Some things are usefull in the daily life of running society, like knife's, car's or whatever...
Gun's are usefull for absolutly nothing, when it get's to running society...

edit on 2-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

Then why does the government stockpile millions of hollow points? I thought the government was in place to protect liberty? For this, they need millions of hollow points??? What are they going to do, shoot themselves?
edit on 2-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You are correct. Most people who get into a fight and find themselves stabbed afterwards all remark that they thought they were simply getting punched. You don't realize its happening because it happens so fast you barely feel it.

I've done some Kali knife practice before only to find a small cut here or there around my elbows lower forearm. Never notice them when I get them in practice until afterwards. or when the blood becomes noticeable.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The problem isn't guns it's crazy people. If a person wants to kill you bad enough they will, gun or not. Switzerland for instance has about half their entire population armed, most of them with assault rifles (most of them men). The only difference between them and the States is that they train all the gun owners and have slightly stricter regulations. When the men turn 20 they take basic training and are issued a firearm that they get to keep for the rest of their life, although it is made semi-auto after their 10 year military reserve status. They have some of the lowest not only gun crime rate, but crime rate in general. They are also one of the most wealthy countries in the world. Criminals think twice when they know there's a good chance that the person living in the house they want to rob has a gun and know's exactly how to use it.

Guns are not the problem, it's the society they're in.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

A knife close up is much more lethal than a gun. Your doctor was right. Getting shot up close is better than having a knife go to the hilt and then get torqued over tearing several organs at once. Knives are more efficient and faster than a gun when up close.

Good thing the chinese kid was probably not trained on how to use a knife as a offensive weapon or the carnage would have been much worse.

True Story:
During the Boxer Rebellion a martial arts master named Cheng Ting Hua was content to stay out of the fray and not get involved. But one day he found German troops pillaging and raping his neighborhood and he lost his temper. He calmly( he was getting a bit old at this stage of his life) walked into the center of the german group and drew his elbow knives. (basically sharp machetes that are held in a reverse grip so the blade extends along the forearm) They had guns. Cheng didn't just a pair of machetes. He managed to kill 12 german soldiers who were armed before finally getting shot.

So if an old man who is trained can become a whirlwind of death with a pair of knives and manage to kill 12 soldiers armed with guns imagine what a younger guy could do against un armed people. Knives are no joke. Or as Richard Marcinko puts it. I hate knives. Whenever one gets introduced into a fight everybody gets cut including the guy holding the knife.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It never matters what tool is used. It is simply the will of the person who seeks to do good or to do harm.

second line.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime actually. Non-gun murder rate per 100k people in England & Wales: 1.33 - USA: 1.58 Gun related murder rate per 100k people in England & Wales: 0.12 - USA: 2.97 This is reflected in many countries, guns = more deaths. I like how you mention "TPTB" and made your remark regarding School, that explains a lot.

Ya know, when you post your sources, and make comments like you have...you only support what I claim the education is doing to our children... it's sad to see such insane ignorance, and to watch you be proud of it as well.... remarkable. I stand in awe.
correction...it's humbling
edit on 2-8-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Being stabbed will always be a suprise... Im sure most victims of knife violence will agree

Yes, nothing can make you prepare for the pain when it hits a bone. *shudders

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

If you have not guess by now, I’m clearly being sarcastic of this issue. I bring up this article to show all those people that want to ban guns that guns are not the problem, crazy people are the problem. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people!

And if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them. Sure people may be better protected in very rare situations, but it's statistically obvious that guns increase homicide, those deaths outweigh the lives saved by a citizen owning a gun.

Not much point in me posting this, since most of ATS seem to ignore the numbers and insist everyone should have a gun, so I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me here. More people having guns means more potentially crazy people having guns.
edit on 2-8-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Wow, talk about ill-informed. Go check the violent crime stats after Florida enacted the CCW law. If I remember right, within three months violent crimes and crimes involving criminals with guns dropped by about 43%. But here's an even better point, the medical industry (doctors and big pharma) kill more people every year through incorrect prescriptions, misdiagnosis, misadventure and accidents than guns by I think about 9000 times? You might want to check the stats, here's a starter Link, just google for it.

I think we had better ban doctors and cars because we know they cause a lot of death. But politicians and bankers cause wars and even more death, so we better ban them real fast.

ETA: BTW, I CC'd 2 guns for 4 years overseas and I never shot anyone out of anger or stupidity. I actually don't know anyone who did and we all conceal-carried. What makes me a bit disappointed are the uber-liberal arm-chair-critics that have never had the actual experiences of what they talk about, but always seem to have an opinion.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/2.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: the ETA

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Oh now c'mon people, we all know 17 year olds can't be stone cold killers. We're told this by those with hearts that bleed.
He was driven to this..by the evil capitalist system and those horrible and nasty republ...err... Oh, this happened in China? Oh well well...it was the culture from here, infecting there! If course. That has to be it. NO Evil in the world happens without the West's hands somewhere. We're told that. Every day! Must be true! Right?

On the other hand, we could look at this and realize that tragedy is international, doesn't require politics and weapons are a matter of choice to what's at hand. Terrible thing here and I really feel for him. The Chinese don't give a damn about 17/18 lines of age for punishment, as I understand it...and they execute WHITE collar criminals..let along knife wielding little monsters. Somehow I don't believe this kiddo has any hope of old age, in or out of prison. Heck.. he'll be lucky to see 19 in China.

Oh.. and Yessir to topic. I must collect up and dispose of all my knives.. Especially those Ceramic ones that have no metal to detect. One idiot killed with one, so I'll learn to cut my sandwiches with a safe and sane Spork and know...it's all for my own good.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye

Banning a weapon because a person who possessed one commited a crime with it is like....well....like this:

The argument presented by the image is flawed.

The board on the right should read "The sellers of food made me fat"

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Dripping with sarcasm.

I agree with you to a point, I think that the rights the Constitution gives us are not to be changed or touched in any way. If you start dismantling them one by one, where do you stop? On the other hand, it seems Americans are the problem -- Americans kill people. We, as a nation, are the most angry, blood thirsty group of people on the planet. You may point fingers at Middle East or Africa but the numbers say that we are the worst.

With that in mind, do you want Americans armed so they can keep doing it? If Holmes only had a knife, or even 10 knives, do you think that scene would have looked the same?

Perhaps Americans were just a more normal group of people when the Constitution was written?

I fully expect if there is any ban on guns or ammo, that Americans will start eating each others' faces more...

Khar

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

And while we're at it, we might as well look at his video game use and see if he played any video games where he could virtually knife people all day. And if he did we could advocate the banning of such games in the future so that these harmful knives wont have an effect on our influential children's minds.

***WARNING*** Video below contains footage of a virtual Terrorist killing Virtual Counter-Terrorists...with a Knife

edit on 2-8-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

I was wondering how long it would take before people jumped on the "Video games are to blame!" band wagon. That kind of idiotic thinking makes me sick. I miss the days where violent movies were apparently the cause of all violence in the world, now suddenly it's been shifted to video games for some reason.

By your logical thinking we should also advocate a ban on all kinds of media because it might "have an effect on our influential children's mind". No more books, TV or movies.

It's quite disturbing that people genuinely think video games are the cause for things like this, I mean it's not like violent acts ever happened before the age of consoles...oh wait.
edit on 2/8/2012 by MushroomWig because: More text added

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

This closely parallels my call to ban Saran Wrap, and other brands' cling wraps. This particular weapon is highly insidious, posessing qualities of near total silence, near invisibility, practically undetectable through airport screenings even during color code Burnt Umber terror alert readiness. Oh sure, you'll have the usual arguments from the National Leftovers Association, and the Shrinkwrappers Lobby in D.C., but sometimes we have to make sacrifices. With cling wrap in nearly every household, it is within the realm of possibility that nearly everyone in the nation could be killed, silently, through asphyxiation, and nobody would be the wiser until the million-or-so odd cling-wrap-killers were all that remained.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whalebrr
knives do not kill people, people kill people. does anyone know if particularly what kind of knife was used, an ordinary kitchen knife??

It was an "assault knife", complete with a high capacity grip.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
And if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them. Sure people may be better protected in very rare situations, but it's statistically obvious that guns increase homicide, those deaths outweigh the lives saved by a citizen owning a gun.

Not much point in me posting this, since most of ATS seem to ignore the numbers and insist everyone should have a gun, so I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me here. More people having guns means more potentially crazy people having guns.
edit on 2-8-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Obviously because we believe in upholding and protecting the constitution. How many people do cigarettes kill? Are we banning them? Nope. Your statistics may be correct but by no means would a gun ban lower homicides that much. If someone in the theater would have exercised their constitutional right and was carrying a gun, I'm sure the death count would have been much lower.

The simple fact is....it is part of the constitution so regardless of your argument, you are still wrong.

"a gun ban is like banning all vehicles because of the few who drink and drive."

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join