It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese teen kills 9 in knife attack. This is a Call to ban Knifes in America

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by camaro68ss

A knife serves more than 1 purpose. A gun does not. You don't cook with a gun, you kill things with a gun.

what are you talking about, guns serve more than one purpose.

you can pistol whip somebody with it, you can rob a kfc with it, you can hammer a nail with it, you can start a 100 yard dash with one, you can open a can with it.

many many uses.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by isyeye

Banning a weapon because a person who possessed one commited a crime with it is like....well....like this:

No, it's not at all. Guns don't make people kill, but them ALLOW them to. A gun is perhaps the most practical way to kill someone and grantee you succeed, you could choose another method, but it will be harder, more likely to fail and they will fight back. Fat people will find another way to shovel food in their mouth.

and killers will find another way to kill...

If some one is in the mind state to kill a large amount of people they are not going to fallow the laws. Just because guns would be banned does not mean they would not be able to get their hands on a weapon. Fairly easy to get your hands on illegal items with so many gangs.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Lame

Some things are usefull in the daily life of running society, like knife's, car's or whatever...
Gun's are usefull for absolutly nothing..

Exactly this. They are only made for killing, which is reflected in the USA's homicide statistics.

Why do we always get the impassioned "ban arguments" from Europeans/Australians and Brits; Hasn't banning guns in your own countries satisfied your "control" urges??????????

Feel morally superior all you want; just leave the outrage at home. You don't get extra "human compassion points" for worrying about the people who choose to live in a (more) "free" society.
We don't want your "help".nor are you obliged to offer it...If I wanted to live in a "gun free society" I am more than capable of moving to London; Brussels; Perth; Sydney or the "n'west teri-trees" . (Or Some openly communist hell-hole like North Korea they're"safe").

edit on 2-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Must of had some mad ninja skills to kill 9 people with just a knife.

Hard to fathom that.

Not really dude.... It's easier to kill with a knife than a gun. How many people can survive a stab wound to the throat?

Just saying, no ninja skills required unless the people he stabbed also had knives or ninja skills.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Very well put. Kudos to you.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ban knives? Are you kidding? Wait.. no your not. But thats absurd. If i feel defensive over this statement. Could you imagine how the samurais felt when they disarmed them? U cannot take away a man's knife. It is part of him. Part and extension of that persons body. To do so would mean a declaration of war. Men onced used knives to protect themselves from animals with intergrated knives(claws).

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

We should also ban Cars as well, More americans die in cars each year then any other incidents!!!!

Yes but you have to pass a government test to drive a car, and allow the government to know the intimate details of your vehicle registration to be legally allowed to drive it.

If the same was true for gun ownership a lot of accidental deaths wouldn't have happened. Mandatory training is a good idea in my opinion, maybe even a license to prove that you took a course and at least looked like you were paying attention.

BEyond that, if you run over someone in your car, the government could potentially track that down as you are registered to own it.

Owning and driving a car is a privilege, so the government has the legal authority to tell you what you can and can't do with a car.

Owning and carrying a gun is a right. The government can go screw themselves.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

My heart goes out to the people injured and the dead peoples friends and family. Another young person went berserk...this is truly sad and frightening.

Everyone has access to kitchen knives and anyone can buy kitchen knives...I'm just saying.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

μολὼν λαβέ!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

And everyone in America has access to guns. Be it law abiding, up standing citizens or criminals-If you want a gun, you can get one.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

If you have not guess by now, I’m clearly being sarcastic of this issue. I bring up this article to show all those people that want to ban guns that guns are not the problem, crazy people are the problem. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people!

And if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them.

You do realize alot of bad people do not buy guns the legal way correct?
Theres so many guns circulating around illegally than banning them wouldnt hurt these people dramatically

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

If you have not guess by now, I’m clearly being sarcastic of this issue. I bring up this article to show all those people that want to ban guns that guns are not the problem, crazy people are the problem. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people!

And if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them. Sure people may be better protected in very rare situations, but it's statistically obvious that guns increase homicide, those deaths outweigh the lives saved by a citizen owning a gun.

Not much point in me posting this, since most of ATS seem to ignore the numbers and insist everyone should have a gun, so I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me here. More people having guns means more potentially crazy people having guns.
edit on 2-8-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

It really means LESS ASSAULT and crimes of violence.Chicago( and NY and d.c. ) have restrictive bans on ownership and astronomical crime rates.

We (Wisconsin)are a state rich in hunting traditions going back generations: In short Every home I know of contains a varied assortment of high powered rifles and shotguns and ammunition for said tools.
"Know what Vern"? Home invasion and assault are virtually unheard of here. It's mighty comforting to know there's a 12ga pump shotgun and ammunition close at hand when things go bump in the night.
miscreants here know full well they are in a dangerous profession.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

What part of this amendment do the anti gun people NOT understand. It says shall not be infringed. That means you have the right to keep and bear arms with no interference from the government. It also makes all regulation having to do with weapons illegal.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Think about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by SpearMint

What you just said made no sense. It was like you made half a point, but rather than finish the point you ended it before it stopped serving you.

Just as someone will find another way to shovel food in their mouth if there is no food, someone intent on killing someone will find another way if there is no gun. Duh.

beat me to it. Star for you!

What does a non American care anyway about our constitutional rights? Worry about your own country...Aussie.., or should I say Britians country?

Non-US living anti gun people need to calm down with these silly arguments. As you said, after you couldn't win your argument you were tired and gonna go sleep in your safe Aussie bed. I hope some lunatic with a knife doesn't break into your home while you sleep.

oh I love the cars are registered and you need a license to own one ect argument. I hate to shock you, but there's alot of people out thier driving with no liscences.

People mostly always use stolen cars them in crimes anyway, just like most crazy criminals use unregistered guns??? Comparing vehicle related deaths to gun related deaths is perfectly legitimate. I'm sure the number of deaths via DUI is comparable to gun related homicides.

Guns are used for plenty more things than killing. Recreational sports, target shooting, skeet shooting, hell shooting is an Olympic sport happening right now in good old "civilized" England, Oh the irony.

Let's not forget about feeding ones family. Good luck chasing down a deer with your butter knife. Guns keep single woman safe from rapists. Store owners safe from criminals Most importantly they keep the government from from putting us all in Fema camps without so much as a hassle.

The problem is CRAZY people. When are anti- gun people gonna get this through their heads. Someone bent on killing is gonna find a way to do it. Knives, bats, hammers, pitchforks. or how about Fertilizer. Ever heard of Timothy McVeigh? The Uni-bomber?

One could steal a car and run down dozens of people if they are a CRAZY person.

Hell one match could start a fire and kill thousands.

Lets not forget the biggest crime commited on US soil 9/11 was carried out by Box-Cutters, oh wait no it was the planes? But how did they get control of the planes? Correct...Boxcutters, and why did they do this, because THEY ARE CRAZY PEOPLE. Not to mention they were allowed to carry this out by more Crazy people that run this world.

.....last time for the cheap seats. Guns don't kill people, Crazy people kill people

edit on 2-8-2012 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Guns don't kill people, Crazy people kill people

So with a little bit of luck all the crazy people will kill each other. Then we do not need to run around with weapons.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Why... this happened in China. I will agree with you after the CIA pulls off another movie theater attack, but with knives. Until then, what happens in China stays in China.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Why do we always get the impassioned "ban arguments" from Europeans/Australians and Brits; Hasn't banning guns in your own countries satisfied your "control" urges??????????

Yes we shouldn't really care about you lot destrying yourselves really. Fanatics of the constitution.

It is like a hollywood movie. OMG you can't take our guns away... What about your horses? Where did they go?

edit on 2-8-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

If this guy didn´t have access to a knife, he would use something else, maybe a brick or a hammer to kill these people. The problem is not the weapon, but his state of mind. This was no "crazy" person, just a normal person in a state of extreme emotional trauma, maybe because his girlfriend dumped him, or maybe she was unfaithful. This happens all the time and have been happening as long as we have existed on this planet.

Anyone in such a state CAN do something such as this, all it takes are certain specific circumstances, like having no friends to help you "get back on track" /nothing else to live for anylonger, causing a state of "Fcuk it all" to take root.

As stated in the article, he was about to suicide when the cops got him. He was probably gonna do it anyway, and had his mind made up even BEFORE he decided to take his girlfriend/her parents with him.

The core problem here are the circumstances leading into this "Fcuk it all" mindset, and this is a societal problem, not a "gun" or "knife" problem.

Make guns illegal and only the criminals will have them.

edit on 2-8-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
obviously everyone in china and america should b armed with a knife. if they had citizens armed with knives this would have been stopped and many lives would have been saved.

the problem with guns in america is there are so many damn idiots in america. can we ban idiocy before we think our guns are going to be taken away from us?

btw i own two firearms.
edit on 2-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Until then, what happens in China stays in China.
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

That is exactly what the Chinese Say when US citizens get massacred by the us citizens.

Kinda makes yall pretty unimportant in the scheme of things doesn't it.

Nobody really cares, it passes the time and allows a few people to get their 5 minutes of fame.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join