It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese teen kills 9 in knife attack. This is a Call to ban Knifes in America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

I figured that. You'll notice I was agreeing with you?

I know many in England who would disagree violently with him. As I understand it, there is a problem with home invasions in some areas of England. Criminal types know there aren't likely to be any hand guns in reach, so in they come, hoping to surprise the homeowner... Surprise achieved? They are at leisure to do pretty much as they please... Where as here in the States, there's the niggling little doubt as to the surety that they can do that in safety...'cause they might get their dumb ass's shot.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Fpoon

No their function is to fire a projectile.

I have never and hope to never use a firearm on someone. Mostly i just like shooting paper targets

And the reason to own assualt weapons? They exist. Ban these types of weapons then youll have good folk with pea shooters and criminals with assualt weapons
edit on 2-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

"I refer to their government as "The Queen" Its meant as an insult to their government and the Queen. But thanks for clearing that up."
You seeing this moderator? Since its not part of a proper debate this must be a T&C violation, no?/

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Yes but you have to pass a government test to drive a car, and allow the government to know the intimate details of your vehicle registration to be legally allowed to drive it.

If the same was true for gun ownership a lot of accidental deaths wouldn't have happened. Mandatory training is a good idea in my opinion, maybe even a license to prove that you took a course and at least looked like you were paying attention.

BEyond that, if you run over someone in your car, the government could potentially track that down as you are registered to own it.

Unfortunately, the "right of the people to keep and drive cars" is NOT in the Constitution. Driving is a privilege, not a right.
edit on 2-8-2012 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

As I posted previously I refer to your government as The Queen. Its meant as an insult to your government and the Queen. I know enough about your taxes and the guise that the UK is a free country to know its not for me.But to each their own.
The fact that you dont feel you need to leave your house with a weapon is a good thing. I feel the same way. But I CHOOSE to carry because I CAN. And there in lies the difference

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I've never heard of any similar incidents, obviously not saying they don't happen.
And yes I'll admit if I was raiding someones home that's exactly what I'd be thinking!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm
reply to post by camaro68ss

I actually USE knives all day long without harming anything living.
I cannot think of a single USE for any of my guns that does not involve harming something living.

You people see the difference, right?

I spent all day shooting last Friday. Several hundred rounds down range. Not a single living thing was harmed unless you count a paper target as living

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Yes it is and it should be flagged and removed for a direct T&C violation. Even I have to admit it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

I know i know, your right to bare arms is important, i get that. But should it trump my right to live?

It does if you are trying to hurt me or mine.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Something else I would like to address for those who like to use numbers, like the yayhoo who said England had a 5% lower homicide rate with guns...
I abhor using wiki but for population I believe we can agree on that at least.
England has a population just north of 53 million.
Australia has a population just south of 23 million.
The US has a population of just above 330 million.
Better than 6 times more than England and better than 14 times the population of Australia.
You would think that with the queens territories being "gun free" there would be NO gun deaths.
Considering the US has 6 times the people that England does and only 5% more deaths, the English are the gun kill happy ones, if you go by the numbers that is.
Now of those numbers, how many are suicides?
Looking pretty dim for the anti freedom, anti gunning types.
If needed you can research my numbers and yours as well, I'm sure the math will show that gun control does not work, the numbers NEVER lie, it just would not be logical.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

Sorry I feel a bit sucky for crying to the moderators like that

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by Lannister

You can't just say history is on your side and use that as an argument.Whats the one thing history teaches us? times change, we evolve, and we learn from our MISTAKES

WRONG!!!
History teaches us that history repeats itself, time and time again, yet we never seem to learn.
How many times has Russia ALMOST been overrun?
Just in time for the invading army to die due to the winter?
What do countries do shortly after disarming their people?
You know why the UK has not yet?
The UK has friends that are armed and would not stand for it.
You are welcome, no charge.
HOWEVER, if the US was ever disarmed....Nice to know you.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That's stupid, you can still run away from a knife. Being caught off guard is just a matter of circumstance...

Try running away from a bullet[s]...
edit on 8/2/2012 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

"You would think that with the queens territories being "gun free" there would be NO gun deaths." That's worse than saying "people don't kill, guns do"

Both opposing sides of the argument, both equally stupid

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No worries. Its simple. Opinions vary. So, I will choose to keep my guns and the right to carry one and you'll choose to oppose people having guns.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

It is true, if all guns were banned from the US and everyone had to give it up then it would be a safer place. But we do not live in a perfect world and that will never happen. Most gun crimes committed are by criminals who illegally possesses the firearms.

A common trend with European countries and even Australia (beautiful place, lived in Melbourne for a year) is when a gun ban is put through, violent crime rate goes up. While on the other side of the spectrum in US states such as Oregon and Florida where laws have made it easier to obtain a concealed carry permit, the homicide and violent crime rate has gone down.

It turns out criminals are hard- pressed to attack someone they know has the possibility of being able to fight back and kill them.

Sorry that I do not have any links for these statistics, but I believe they've been brought up in every gun ban thread on ATS.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
2nd post.
edit on 2-8-2012 by ArnoldNonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

It's difficult to compare two different countries the same way. It is much easier to compare the same country pre and post ban. Turns out crime goes up. A lot.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArnoldNonymous

The country being disarmed would only make it safer for the criminals as they care nothing for the law. If you remove the guns from the law abiding citizen, they will be easier targets for the criminals.
I've heard the argument-Make it a prison sentence for anyone caught with a gun once the ban is in effect. UH... we already have stiff sentences for felons caught with a gun. Doesnt seem to slow them down one bit. It only holds effect if they get caught. And I dont think most criminals are worried about getting caught or they wouldnt be commiting crimes.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
knives do not kill people, people kill people. does anyone know if particularly what kind of knife was used, an ordinary kitchen knife??

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join