It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese teen kills 9 in knife attack. This is a Call to ban Knifes in America

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
this is a really lame (and low) argument for guns.
gun huggers just don't seem to get it.

youre already allowed to live out your petty macho hero fantasy's, stop whining pls.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Yes we shouldn't really care about you lot destrying yourselves really. Fanatics of the constitution.

It is like a hollywood movie. OMG you can't take our guns away... What about your horses? Where did they go?

I'm assuming I just missed something, coming in on the tail end of this thread, but...where exactly does the US constitution say anything about horses, and when were they supposedly taken away?

They were just supplanted by automobiles and various other vehicles/implements for the obvious reasons, but you can still have here them if you want...admittedly, I always get more than a little amused when my dog goes nuts because a few are riding through the neighborhood.

Not sure how the point on horses quite fits into what I think you're trying to say here.

edit on 8/2/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by g146541

"You would think that with the queens territories being "gun free" there would be NO gun deaths." That's worse than saying "people don't kill, guns do"

Both opposing sides of the argument, both equally stupid

You would think so wouldn't you!!
But it actually makes sense.
If you are going to rely on the state for self preservation and the still cannot do that..
Even more, they cannot save you from a gun.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Ok trolldielocks. Try cutting your steak with a butterknife the next time you go to a steakhouse. While you're at it, you better ban those plastic knives fastfood restaurants hand out, you can puncture someone's organs with those, or put their eyes out. While you're at it, might as well ban everything ever made, because anything you get your hands on can be used for a weapon if you have a mind to use it that way.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

No, it's not at all. Guns don't make people kill, but them ALLOW them to. A gun is perhaps the most practical way to kill someone and grantee you succeed, you could choose another method, but it will be harder, more likely to fail and they will fight back. Fat people will find another way to shovel food in their mouth.

Nah.
Explosives are far more effective and efficient.

You only have to press a button, and you can do it remotely without having to be anywhere near the scene.

And obviously you can make extremely powerful explosives out of household chemicals, and a little know how.

The only way to prevent violent crime is through education and uplifting of social standards.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I hope all of you anti-gun, anti-knife whack-jobs find yourselves in the middle of a person on a stabbing spree and aren't as lucky to have a nice fella around like the guy in this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I will not trust for one freakin second, all of you morons that haven't learned what the plural form of knife is. It's knives by the way. Knives! My 6 year old son is obviously brighter than you are.

When I'm out in a public place and that 1 in a million chance of some idiot going on a stabbing or shooting spree happens, I am gonna be praying that everyone else around me is carrying some form of protection. I guarantee that they are either gonna think twice about what they are about to do, or they aren't gonna make it very far when they try.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Ok trolldielocks. Try cutting your steak with a butterknife the next time you go to a steakhouse. While you're at it, you better ban those plastic knives fastfood restaurants hand out, you can puncture someone's organs with those, or put their eyes out. While you're at it, might as well ban everything ever made, because anything you get your hands on can be used for a weapon if you have a mind to use it that way.

I made a joke to my wife:

"He choked someone so let's ban hands", and then they institute the cutting off of all kids hands at birth.
Then no one can do anything anymore after a few generations.

But the main problem is, after awhile, who will do the hand cutting since no one will have hands?

Oh yeah, and I don't really use knives for steak anymore. I just stick a fork in it and eat it as one giant piece of tasty goodness.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

where exactly does the US constitution say anything about horses, and when were they supposedly taken away?

There were no cars when the constitution was developed as far as i am aware only horses. My post was to suggest that the right to bear arms is somewhat out of date in a modern world.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It doesn't really matter. Many states already prohibit certain bladed objects, and anything over 3.5 inches cannot be concealed without permit. The arguement is that little known fact, a stab wound is worse than a gunshot wound.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by 46ACE

Why do we always get the impassioned "ban arguments" from Europeans/Australians and Brits; Hasn't banning guns in your own countries satisfied your "control" urges??????????

Yes we shouldn't really care about you lot destrying yourselves really. Fanatics of the constitution.

It is like a hollywood movie. OMG you can't take our guns away... What about your horses? Where did they go?

edit on 2-8-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

A title I'll proudly accept thank you .

Thank you for realizing; we Adults who live here are ultimately responsible for ourown laws and safety.

My mind is quite made up on this issue. I am ex-military; trained and remain competent in a variety of"evil looking" firearms. My Govt. taught me.

As a "free" man: You see: you can only compel me to do something two ways:
Through "force" or "reason". If I have a gun I can meet your "force" with "force"(negating it).; leaving you only "reason". (realistically Apply "overwhelming force" and I may not survive. "Thems the breaks")

You simply have to deal with me peacefully through "reason".i.e convincing me to cooperate willingly. The response is My choice.

"Horses"? Good of you to bring it up!The poor beleaguered native Americans were stripped of their horses and weapons and dignity and territory and shuffled off to Govt.reservations.
That hasn't turned out too good for them:HISTORY HAS A FUNNY HABIT OF REPEATING ITSELF.
edit on 2-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PAranormal

I guarantee that they are either gonna think twice about what they are about to do, or they aren't gonna make it very far when they try.

Unless of course somebody just king hits you and you drop like a rock on the pavement, hitting your head and dying anyway.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
this is a really lame (and low) argument for guns.
gun huggers just don't seem to get it.

youre already allowed to live out your petty macho hero fantasy's, stop whining pls.

Would you mind, if you have a moment, explaining exactly how the OP's point is "lame and low"?

A simple elaboration on exactly why the point isn't acceptable in your view would be most appreciated so that I, and others who may be curious, can understand your point of view more accurately.

If you do not wish to say more, than I will respect that.
But I would be very pleased with a more articulate response.
Thanks.
edit on 2-8-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

where exactly does the US constitution say anything about horses, and when were they supposedly taken away?

There were no cars when the constitution was developed as far as i am aware only horses. My post was to suggest that the right to bear arms is somewhat out of date in a modern world.

Technically the word "car" derives from "carriage" and "cart".
And there were indeed carriages and carts at that time.

It references the older terminology "carry".

Just a little etymology to spice things up.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Gotcha - thanks for the clarification. I can't say that I agree, for several reasons, but I do appreciate it.

I suppose you could call me one of those constitution fanatics or whatever you said earlier, exactly. I'm of the opinion the document is timeless and I agree with one of the british Parliament members who called it one of the most sublime documents ever conceived by man.

Sad fact, apparently applicable to the whole world - and for whatever reason most definitely the US (*hangs head in shame*) - you disarm the law-abiding, and those with ill intent will certainly taken advantage.

Take care.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

2stars mr,"P"

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
He could've done the same with a butter knife. Or a clothes hanger, or a wire, or a shirt, or a fan blade, a doorknob, a pan, a beer bottle, a television, a very heavy phone, a pencil...

The list goes on.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

If you have not guess by now, I’m clearly being sarcastic of this issue. I bring up this article to show all those people that want to ban guns that guns are not the problem, crazy people are the problem. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people!

And if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them. Sure people may be better protected in very rare situations, but it's statistically obvious that guns increase homicide, those deaths outweigh the lives saved by a citizen owning a gun.

Not much point in me posting this, since most of ATS seem to ignore the numbers and insist everyone should have a gun, so I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me here. More people having guns means more potentially crazy people having guns.
edit on 2-8-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

“Motor vehicle crashes in the United States result in more than 40,000 deaths per year,” says the Institute in the journal Injury Prevention. “That is, on each of the 6,209 consecutive days included in this study, an equivalent of a plane load or more of people died on the roads.”

The Full Story Here

Should we go ahead and ban automobiles while we are at it?
That is 4 Times as many people killed by firearms.

In 2010 - the latest year for which detailed statistics are available - there were 12,996 murders in the US. Of those, 8,775 were caused by firearms.

Full Story Here

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I'm not wasting any more time here, no point get's across and no evidence or facts are being produced against my case. It's like arguing with a child; pointless and frustrating. You're not doing the American stereotype any good, I try to ignore that but it gets very hard.

I'll just be happy living in a country with a homicide rate 5.6 times lower than yours which is directly related to gun homicides, you can kill each other if you want.

Goodbye, need to sleep.
edit on 2-8-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

I agree with your sentiments but around here with such a subject you are wasting your time. The yanks will always defend their guns because they don't know any better. Anybody who defends owning a gun and compares it's potential use as equal to a knife is a moron. Losing your temper with a gun lasts a split second and irreversible damage is done. Any other weapon or violence leaves time for reflection and ability to stop before it goes to far.I do find it funny that America has so many guns yet Britain has just won Gold in the clay shooting..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

And if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them.

You mean won't have access to them.... The way that no one has access to heroin? Heroin is illegal in the entire United States of America, a doctor can't even prescribe it to you.

Weird thing though it is very accessible. Any teen with money can find it and buy it, if they want it.

Even crazy people can buy it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If he had not used a knife he would have used glass, a bat, metal wire, a hammer, a nail gun, a chainsaw, a crowbar, brick, free weight bar, large fork, saw blade, screw driver, samurai sword, blah blah blah blah..... And these are just the things that I have at this house alone. Are we going to ban all of these things too? Do you think if there wasn't a knife around that he wouldn't have found something else to kill all these people with? Of course not. He would have found another way.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join