It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any legtimate Alchemy masters out there?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
Alchemy is one of the oldest forms of science to date. Chemistry does indeed have its roots in Alchemy, but the two schools of science are drastically different from one another.

The Alchemists are renowned for their claim to creating The Philosopher’s Stone, which can give you ever lasting life, and being able to transmute basic metals into precious ones: gold, and silver.

This web page: www.thebookofaquarius.com... contains some of the more modern understandings and ideas of Alchemists, as well as projects you can begin to attempt.

I do not endorse this page, or the information within it. So use it at your own risk.

There is a forum on this page as well of like-minded people, who will be happy to answer your questions and endeavors.

Good luck with your quest for truth.

Kindest Regards & Best Wishes.

The well of life is truly within you. As you’ll discover upon reading

Well done, at last someone drew the line... not all science involves a calculator or pocket protector!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Jesus by that act must qualify to be a legitimate Alchemy practioner.

i would say he would be a perfect example. (but not just because of that example and yes i know there is debate about these stories being symbolic or literal or both) one of the tops of all time. if not THE top. imho

great contribution MentorsRiddle.

reficul... looks like you are not alone.

edit on 2-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

They are out there. Alchemy takes a life time of dedication and work. A solid financial base, and a adept teacher.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by laughingdog

Not trying to be clever but does a solid financial base and adept teacher mean ensure have a credit card and teaching charged at 10 dollar rates a minute.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Aurum Nostrum Non Vulgi

22nd line

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have to disagree with the posts so far. Nothing personal to those posters!

As a species humans have a huge ego. We are the best that humans have ever been and WE are at the pinnacle of medical/science/ engineering. Of course mention the celestial knowledge of the Mayans or the building abilities of the Egyptians and we shrug our shoulders and make up some really dumb suggestions. Huge blocks of stone were moved by logs, yea sure, across sand no less.

We just can not accept that someone could do something that we can't

Alchemy is the combination of chemistry and something more. The mind has great power and since we have taken the route of science we fail to examine higher mind function. The abilities of Tibetan monks, explored by science is a bit of a curiosity, nothing more.

Alchemy is Chemistry combined with the forgotten abilities of the mind! Who knows what is possible! The responses so far show first hand the human super ego at work. No offense to those posters is intended, it is the expected response.

DO I know any one that can use higher functions, no I do not. If I did, I would not admit it. They would either meet an unfortunate accident or be spirited away by one of the alphabet agencies.

We need to enter a new age, the age of reason where the human race develops beyond the terrible twos and into a species that truly cares and is willing to expand the mind.

People now that are highly intelligent are given labels such as Geeks ant conspiracy nuts.

I don't know if 2012 will do anything, but I can hope!

P

Edit to add. When I started my reply you had only two responses!
edit on 2-8-2012 by pheonix358 because: Because I wanted to.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I get it i think you mean fools gold. The Alchemist creates Spiritual Gold. I use my credit card and pay effectively with real gold. And the by product of this process is fools gold.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Of course mention the celestial knowledge of the Mayans or the building abilities of the Egyptians and we shrug our shoulders and make up some really dumb suggestions. Huge blocks of stone were moved by logs, yea sure, across sand no less

Just realised the building abilities of the Egyptians, Mayans or whoever they really were. Them also were Alchemists. Now if Jesus was a Alchemists then he may of had lineage to the Egyptian, Mayans Alchemy lines. Satan he fits in somewhere, and by extension also was a master Alchemist. These are just theories to the origins of the true Alchemy masters.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

The Alchemists are renowned for their claim to creating The Philosopher’s Stone, which can give you ever lasting life, and being able to transmute basic metals into precious ones: gold, and silver.
Actually the most famous problem attempted by alchemists was the creation of a so called Philosopher's Stone, but there is no proof they ever created one not have I read much about anyone claiming to have achieved it.

im getting an impression the general consensus of the thread is that alchemy is a fancy name for rudimentry chemistry and its about as artisan as a novice playing with a kids chemisty kit.
That's right, because alchemy is merely the old name for chemistry. Alchemists were the people who dabbled in the art of mixing up chemicals and different elements to test the reactions and results. They were the earliest chemists, the so called magical aspect of alchemy is a result of nothing more than the brilliant and dazzling effects one could create by mixing certain things together. It did seem like a type of magic to people back then... but now we understand that it is science and not magic. You can read all you want about alchemy and you will continue to discover it's merely a crude form of chemistry which teaches you how to create certain chemical reactions and then attributes a magical explanation to the result. The only times it truly verges off into magical realms is when it teaches you how to work with things such as dragon blood and phoenix feathers, but we all know that stuff is nonsense and not real anyway.

reply to post by mangojuice

Pretty sure that's a model.
You don't say.

reply to post by krossfyter

Originally posted by krossfyter

Jesus by that act must qualify to be a legitimate Alchemy practioner.

i would say he would be a perfect example. (but not just because of that example and yes i know there is debate about these stories being symbolic or literal or both) one of the tops of all time. if not THE top. imho
Actually no transforming things into other things with the wave of a hand is not alchemy, it's solid miracle working, straight up magic. It lacks the methodological approach undertaken by so called alchemists.
edit on 2/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

reply to post by BlueMule

I get it i think you mean fools gold. The Alchemist creates Spiritual Gold. I use my credit card and pay effectively with real gold. And the by product of this process is fools gold.

Yep. The spiritual gold is enlightenment. Alchemy is a mystical tradition hidden in symbolism. So in effect, any enlightened person is an 'Alchemical master', regardless of which mystical tradition leads them to enlightenment.

edit on 2-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

It means if you want to be an alchemist, you will need a solid financial base, because all your time will be spent learning the art, you won’t be able to hold a job and you need to eat and have a roof over your head, this cost money, all the tools and ingredients you need cost money,and a place to do this work, and like I said it will take a lifetime, you won’t be able to learn this from a book or the internet, so, hence the adept teacher.

And this is not just science , it’s science married to the spiritual, you may transmute base metal but you will also transmute spirit, if you are a young man expect success at a gray old age.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The veil of secrecy hides the great cavern behind. If some 'enlightened master' won't reveal, clearly in unambiguous terms, how the Philosophers' Stone is made or what it is, or how base metal is transmuted to gold, I call BS.
For an alchemical experiment to be even vaguely scientific, it must be a clear and repeatable process, and a text with just a load of veiled references isn't even a testable hypothesis.

That, my friends, is the difference between most alchemy and proper science.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

The physical process of making a philosophers stone mirrors the psychological process of enlightenment. The two are one. That inner alchemy of enlightenment is different for everyone, hence no single formula of outer alchemy will work for everyone. Everyone starts from a different place psychologically.

Don't make the mistake of scientism. Science assumes there is a division between subject and object...between the psyche and the experiment... and then proceeds to build upon that error like a house-of-cards on a wobbly table.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Isn't it just using things that will change the structrual compound of what it is into something else.

Pretty much it's a mixtures that can breakdown and re-arrange atoms depending on what other ingredients you add.

1.) Base ingredients for all alchemy....

2.) whatever else you mix it with determines how the atoms are re-built.

The Original mixture breaks down atoms and whatever you add into it allows it to reshape/ form it because on the smallest level we are all the same thing and made up of the same stuff.

I'm pretty sure that is a logical way as to how it works....

Wish we had more information though...

And there is probably more than one way depending on how advanced the people who know how to do it are.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

L
Ling hard at the "alchemy is primitive chemistry crowd"\

chemistry is merely a by-product or should i say the dross of alchemical workings

the foundations of chemistry and it's 1st discoveries
were the results of failed alchemichal experiments for the most part.

The Splendor Solis By Salomon Trismosin

The Book of Lambspring
edit on 2-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The secret of Alchemy is simple. The text is misguidance. The symbols contain the truth. It was never about turning base metals into gold.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by XeroOne

The physical process of making a philosophers stone mirrors the psychological process of enlightenment. The two are one. That inner alchemy of enlightenment is different for everyone, hence no single formula of outer alchemy will work for everyone. Everyone starts from a different place psychologically.

Don't make the mistake of scientism. Science assumes there is a division between subject and object...between the psyche and the experiment... and then proceeds to build upon that error like a house-of-cards on a wobbly table.

What I'm getting at is I've yet to see anyone demonstrate a process and produce something tangible. Yes, I've bought into it several years ago, wasted time and money on it, read through the old texts (translated and reproduced of course), tried deciphering the allegories. I'm pretty certain the self proclaimed 'enlightened masters' were skirting around the fact they simply didn't know the secret themselves.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Many people don't know that one of the most intelligent men that ever lived, Isaac Newton, was fascinated with Alchemy.

Sir Isaac Newton, the famous seventeenth-century mathematician and scientist, though not generally known as an alchemist, practiced the art with a passion. Though he wrote over a million words on the subject, after his death in 1727, the Royal Society deemed that they were "not fit to be printed." The papers were rediscovered in the middle of the twentieth century and most scholars now concede that Newton was first an foremost an alchemist. It is also becoming obvious that the inspiration for Newton's laws of light and theory of gravity came from his alchemical work.

www.alchemylab.com...

This man never ceases to amaze me. Not only was he immersed in physical Alchemy but was also considered a "Spiritual Alchemist".

In fact, Newton -- the revered founder of modern science and the mechanistic universe -- also ranks as one of the greatest spiritual alchemists of all time. In his The Religion of Isaac Newton (Oxford 1974), F.E. Manuel concluded: "The more Newton's theological and alchemical, chronological and mythological work is examined as a whole corpus, set by the side of his science, the more apparent it becomes that in his moments of grandeur he saw himself as the last of the interpreters of God's will in actions, living on the fulfillment of times."

www.alchemylab.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by XeroOne

What I'm getting at is I've yet to see anyone demonstrate a process and produce something tangible. Yes, I've bought into it several years ago, wasted time and money on it, read through the old texts (translated and reproduced of course), tried deciphering the allegories. I'm pretty certain the self proclaimed 'enlightened masters' were skirting around the fact they simply didn't know the secret themselves.

A university professor went to visit a famous Zen master. While the master quietly served tea, the professor talked about Zen. The master poured the visitor's cup to the brim, and then kept pouring. The professor watched the overflowing cup until he could no longer restrain himself. "It's overfull! No more will go in!" the professor blurted. "You are like this cup," the master replied, "How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup."

users.rider.edu...

you are trying to fit a round peg in a square hole methinks

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

What I'm getting at is I've yet to see anyone demonstrate a process and produce something tangible.

Of course you haven't seen, you figure your mind and its 'lead' contents are somehow separated from any demontration of any process you observe. As if a magic glass wall separates subject from object. You fail to realize the scope of the inner alchemy...fail to realize your inner psi and its connection to everyone and everything.

You've been suckered by scientism and you're too blinded to see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join