It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any legtimate Alchemy masters out there?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Ok most of you may have played wow or everquest type games and have played a character with Alchemy skills. Usually with the aid of some esoterical object such as a philosopher stone carry out some novel magic trick to combine & converge lesser items together into something more valuable. You know like turning base metals into the noble metals gold or silver. Purportedly the finest artisans are also able to create differemt kind of elixir for instow of great strength and bestowing life preserving powers.

Has any one ever met a real Alchemy practioner. What are they really capable off? How do i sort the charlatans from the real artisans of this magic?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Alchemy is a rudimentary form of chemistry.

So pick up a chemistry for dummies book, and you too can be an Alchemist!

edit on 2-8-2012 by KingAtlas because: G&S

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I know a couple who dabble pretty sucessfully.

But you need to understand something here...Alchemy is nothing more than basic chemistry and science...a study of earth materials mixed together to produce a result at the full potential of the objects used.

You have to take the fantasy out of it....your confusing it with witchcraft me thinks.

Yet the gentleman i know can do much, he has no need for pharmacuticals or drugs...he just makes his own. he's 58 and he looks to be about 30 I kid you not. his parents were gypsies in the traditional sense. And he is half greek. He's been doing it all of his life apparently....

He's a hell of a COD player I'll tell ya that...never give that man a X-Box or a real firearm......he'll tear it up hoss.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Yes there are alchemy masters out there.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Yes there are alchemy masters out there.

Is it some kind of hidden knights order templar thing where they must practice out of sight?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I am a real master. Send me ten litre's of wine and I will send you ten litre's of water!

Remember you can go go both ways with Alchemy.

edit on 2-8-2012 by RocketMan0266 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Lol, no. Alchemy in WoW and Everquest is not Alchemy in real life. Alchemy is basically chemistry, as already stated. In the middle ages there were many "secret" alchemy practitioners, but they didn't accomplish much through their alchemy. It was rumored that alchemists could transmute ordinary materials into gold, but this was a lie.

Didn't you try searching for alchemy on wikipedia before posting this thread? I mean, if magical alchemy did exist I think it would have been exposed by now.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm a master alchemist. Send me your credit card details, and I'll turn it into spiritual gold, or spiritual immortality. It's greater than any earthly treasure. Honest!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I am a real master. Send me ten litre's of wine and I will send you ten litre's of water!

Nice ill have a few scotch and cokes and achieve lv 60 basic alchemy in 90 minutes.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Alchemy is one of the oldest forms of science to date. Chemistry does indeed have its roots in Alchemy, but the two schools of science are drastically different from one another.

The Alchemists are renowned for their claim to creating The Philosopher’s Stone, which can give you ever lasting life, and being able to transmute basic metals into precious ones: gold, and silver.

This web page: www.thebookofaquarius.com... contains some of the more modern understandings and ideas of Alchemists, as well as projects you can begin to attempt.

I do not endorse this page, or the information within it. So use it at your own risk.

There is a forum on this page as well of like-minded people, who will be happy to answer your questions and endeavors.

Good luck with your quest for truth.

Kindest Regards & Best Wishes.

The well of life is truly within you. As you’ll discover upon reading

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Why are you talking about levels here? You OP had nothing to do about some fantasy world? Change your title if this is what you want to talk about.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
im getting an impression the general consensus of the thread is that alchemy is a fancy name for rudimentry chemistry and its about as artisan as a novice playing with a kids chemisty kit.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RocketMan0266

Why are you talking about levels here? You OP had nothing to do about some fantasy world? Change your title if this is what you want to talk about.

Wow hardcore about alchemy ... I think he was using humor... some people call it a joke..
Perhaps you should go to your alchemy table and create yourself a chill pill...
some peoples kids
edit on 2-8-2012 by KingAtlas because: over quoted ....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
TextTHE EMERALD TABLET OF HERMES TRISMEGISTUS

1) it is true,without falsehood,and most certain.
2)what is below is like which is above;and what is above is like which is below;to accomplish the miracle of one thing.
3)as all things were formed from one,by the thought of one,so all things are born from this one thing,by choice.
4) its father is the sun,its mother the moon,the wind carries it in its belly,its nurse is the earth.
5) it is the author of all perfection throughout the world.
6) the power is strong when changed into earth.
7) separate the earth from the fire,the subtle from the gross,gently and with care.
8) ascendfrom earth to heavan,and descend again to earth,to unite the power of higher and lower things;
thus you will obtain the glory of the whole world,and the shadows will leave you.
9) this has more strength than strength itself,for it overcomes all subtle things and penatrates every solid.
10) thus the world was framed.
11) hence proceed wonders,which means are here.
12) therefore i am HERMES TRISMEGISTUS, having the three parts of world philosophy.
13) that which i had to say of the operation of the sun is perfected.

hope this helps!
peace

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Just checked Alchepedia Chill Pills lv 100, mix base glass and beer.

Im getting the hang of Alchemy. Thanks all i feel i have gained a much better grasp on what Alchemy is in this short thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Ok most of you may have played wow or everquest type games and have played a character with Alchemy skills. Usually with the aid of some esoterical object such as a philosopher stone carry out some novel magic trick to combine & converge lesser items together into something more valuable. You know like turning base metals into the noble metals gold or silver. Purportedly the finest artisans are also able to create differemt kind of elixir for instow of great strength and bestowing life preserving powers.

Has any one ever met a real Alchemy practioner. What are they really capable off? How do i sort the charlatans from the real artisans of this magic?

part 1...

part 2..

part 3...

part 4...

edit on 2-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

i'm glad i'm not alone in what i know!
me thinks me thinks the original poster is hooked on a video game and has no clue!!!
as well as the scads of replies by the other members!
what is the average age here? 20!!!???
PEOPLE PLEASE READ A BOOK!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Pretty sure that's a model.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If you are serious about Alchemy this is the wrong place to search as you can see by most of the replies. I am surprised no one brought up anything about Jesus and Satan and you will burn in hell or something...

Here is a couple of interesting places:

The book "the Path of Alchemy" is a good beginners book. Institute for Hermetic Studies

There is almost too much info here: The Alchemy Web Site

This has a lot of info too. Sacred Texts - Alchemy

On those pages you will find keywords to Google search for to get more info, if this is the "Alchemy" you are thinking of.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The mention of Jesus that just tweaked a childhood memory of the story of Jesus “magically” turning five loaves and two fish into enough food to feed an enormous crowd. Jesus by that act must qualify to be a legitimate Alchemy practioner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join