It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wendy's Of North Carolina Stands With Chick-Fil-A Until....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

People aren't ferns. If two people wish to be married in the eyes of the state, what business is it of yours? If they are willing to make that commitment why do you care? This isn't forcing churches to perform ceremonies they would disagree with. It just lets two committed adults share in the same benefits all the other's are allowed to as sanctioned by the state.

Some gays are in committed relationships. They want to be together and share everything. Why is that an issue for you? How could that be an issue for you? Is it the word marriage? Fine, change the word, let them have the same rights from the state. It's not encroaching on your religious beliefs. You don't have to like it. With your standard in mind should people outside your faith or those that have none be allowed to marry? What's the difference?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

Thats just happening at the moment, most of the people jumping on the Chick Fil A bandwagon have no clue about whats at the core of this whole thing. They think this is about "freedom of speech." These people will not still be eating there in a week, Lol.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Seriously?
You're jumping around stabbing at several different issues all at once in some mad attempt to Batman Premier the audience.

Religions all have sacred ceremonies to join together a man and a woman for the sake of procreation. Some of these couples do have kids. Some don't. That doesn't change the ceremony, or the intention.

There is no ceremony of joining any two random people together for fluffiness. Nobody cares rat squat about fluffiness.

The whole ''gay'' marriage issue is an attack upon religion. No exception. It is fact.

Why don't you allow a man to have natural sex with an 8 year old girl and then eat her heart in a loving celebration of orgasm and appetite? Why not? Who the hell are you to look down upon them?!!! You need to learn some tolerance, you fascist bigot.

edit on 2-8-2012 by XXX777 because: words

edit on 2-8-2012 by XXX777 because: more words

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by XXX777

Thats just happening at the moment, most of the people jumping on the Chick Fil A bandwagon have no clue about whats at the core of this whole thing. They think this is about "freedom of speech." These people will not still be eating there in a week, Lol.

OK. Let us just wait and see.
He who LOLs last LOLs for realz.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I love gay people as much as the next guy and fully support their right to do whatever in the hell they want.
Don't eat at chic fillet. I know I won't. Not that I would have anyway, but now I'll make sure I never do.
I just think that there are bigger fish to fry is all.
Our country is going to crap and we keep getting distracted from that because of stuff like this.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

Eh, fads like this never last. People will forget all about defending Chick Fil A because they are fueled by media hype, not actual thought.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

reply to post by XXX777

Eh, fads like this never last. People will forget all about defending Chick Fil A because they are fueled by media hype, not actual thought.

But....

what if.....

they are fueled by furious anger?

You ready for that one?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

Well if they are fueled by anger and decided to eat there religiously everyday, they will eventually be doing the world a huge favor.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nunyadammm

You may think my opinion is stupid, but the way I see it is that this guy would have never put something like this up on his own. He saw an opportunity and ran with it. Now he is waking up this morning thinking he is some kind of hot stuff for having his stores talked about all over the internet, (like we are doing here).

I don't know if his sales will double, but my point was that he got free publicity. How many times have you ran out and got a big mac because you saw a McDonald's commercial? Probably not often, but McDonald's just paid millions to get their name in front of your face and Wendy's just did it for free.

He knew what he was doing. He knew corporate would make him take it down. He just wanted in on the action.
IMO, I think that any business that goes against any potential group of customers is taking a very big risk. Why would Chick-fil-A even want to take the risk? I don't get what they are trying to prove.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

You said...." Nobody wants special treatment just equal treatment."

Yes they do....the Majority of the American people have said, " No " to Gay Marriage and ect, and the gay community refuses to accept that fact. By refusing to accept the Majority vote they are in fact asking for special treatment.

I'm sick to death of it. We the majority still believe that sleeping w/ the same sex will cease man- kind, and goes against our moral and value system. Once people started throwing the basic of our morals out the window it opened pandora's box for what you see today which is definetly way to much to list here.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think what has happened is that it is no longer about gays or wedding rights...

It has turned into a protest of the "silent majority" being dictated to by the minority...

Further it is a protest against the cultural and political agenda to change the fundamental fabric of America...

The people that eat and outwardlyy support the stance of Chick-Fil-A don't have time to protest or travel to Washington and march or sit in for days at a time. They are average working class people with their backs to the wall with families and bills and groceries to buy and grass to cut and fields to plow...

This is a practical way fot them to say enough is enough. We are tired of going to sleep in the USA and waking up in the USSR... like some twisted episode of the Twilight Zone.

Not to highjack the thread, but it has turned into a protest against not just gay marriage, but Obama, the policies of the Federal governmnet, against statements against the ideals of what America was... and still is despite the best efforts of the Obama Administration.

The fact that gays and lesbians also fall into the everyday fabric of America seems invisible to too many people.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

Yes they do....the Majority of the American people have said, " No " to Gay Marriage and ect, and the gay community refuses to accept that fact. By refusing to accept the Majority vote they are in fact asking for special treatment.

I'm sick to death of it. We the majority still believe that sleeping w/ the same sex will cease man- kind, and goes against our moral and value system. Once people started throwing the basic of our morals out the window it opened pandora's box for what you see today which is definetly way to much to list here.

Gays are not asking for special treatment. They are asking for equality under the law. Majority vote has nothing to do with equality under the law. The majority of states voted against interracial marriage until the Supreme Court ruled that it was discrimination. Now, no state is allowed to ban interracial marriage.

Those who don't want to sleep with the same sex are completely free not to participate in gay marriage. The state is not a religious organization and should not be handing out marriage licenses according to certain religious ideology. What's immoral about two people who want a committed monogamous relationship? Many gays adopt children who are in desperate need of homes. How does giving a child a home go against someone's value system?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

So you are supporting mass discrimination?

I saw the lines of the old white people. When that generation dies, the world will be a better place.

The only thing that it proves is that is truely a minority issue. There were not long lines of whites in support of civil rights either.

Only 25% of colonists supported the Revolution, good thing the knowledgeable few can overide the stupid majority.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Gays need to get over themselves. Asking for acceptance and demanding support are two very different things

Edit: To make it perfectly clear I have no problem with the gay community. But some people do and you can't force people to do things,it's not cool.
edit on 2-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)
No, we do not need to get over anything. We're not going to get over homophobia. Sorry, but that's just how it is. And since being anti-gay is wrong, we're going to continue calling it out as long as LGBT people are discriminated against and beaten in hate crimes. We will NOT be silent until we have equality, socially and legally.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

First of all, the majority of American people have not voted on marriage equality, so what you just said is flat out wrong. Secondly, the majority has NO right to determine what rights another group will or won't have. Tyranny of the majority is TYRANNY and tyranny of the majority is NOT constitutional.

Same-sex couples are legal couples, and they require equal rights accordingly. Meaning the opportunity to marry. How is that asking for special rights? Oh wait, it isn't. No-one is asking anything. More like demanding equal rights for ALL legal citizens. So no, the gay community is not going to accept discrimination against them. Surprising, yes, but it's not going to happen.

What you or others think is completely irrelevant. Obviously, since people have been gay/lesbian forever, and homosexuality has existed forever, and the world continues spinning, I don't think homosexuality or people being gay is actually going to lead to the destruction of our globe. I don't care one iota what you believe, and if you're sick of gay people fighting for their rights, well, we're sick of your hate and ignorance, so that's a two way street honey. Your beliefs do not supercede the right of gay/lesbian citizens to have full equality under the law. This is the United States of America, not the United States of Heterosexuals, and your moral views are just that, yours and yours personally. Stop forcing your beliefs on others as if you're some moral arbiter, because you are not, and there won't be any problems.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I think what has happened is that it is no longer about gays or wedding rights...

It has turned into a protest of the "silent majority" being dictated to by the minority...
That's part of it, yet not the entire picture. Social conservatives feel as if their country and their traditions (and I use the word their intentionally, as they are the ones who see themselves as true Americans/patriots) are going by the wayside and being taken over and that they have no voice in the matter. So their kicking and screaming. That's all it is. Marriage equality happens to be *the* social issue that is on the forefront of those cultural changes. Social conservatives cannot handle change, and they cannot handle people who don't think the way they do and don't have any problem standing up for themselves. They're arrogant and have been in charge for so long that they don't really even comprehend criticism and get defensive it.

The fact that gays and lesbians also fall into the everyday fabric of America seems invisible to too many people.
That's because anti-gays see gay/lesbian people as a aberration and they honestly believe we have a lifestyle and completely personalized culture that is completely unattached to "normal" society, and "normal" people. They don't seem to realize that gay isn't just some political thing, it's not just a sexual orientation, but it's a human thing, and there are human beings who are gay, who are lesbian, who are bisexual and transgender.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by XXX777

And also people who eat at Chick-fil-A will not last because they are constantly eating fatty, greasy foods to make a point of how anti-gay they are.

You are right, though. What's going to happen is people who currently are all pro-Chick-fil-A, well if their routine generally does not include going to CFA, that will not change for most. They will go back to their usual routine, and the people boycotting CFA are not going to immediately start going there. So about 6 months down the line is when we'll start seeing if there is a real impact on CFA's bottom line profits.
edit on 2-8-2012 by crazydaysandnights because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
reply to post by Domo1

Seriously?
You're jumping around stabbing at several different issues all at once in some mad attempt to Batman Premier the audience.

Religions all have sacred ceremonies to join together a man and a woman for the sake of procreation. Some of these couples do have kids. Some don't. That doesn't change the ceremony, or the intention.

There is no ceremony of joining any two random people together for fluffiness. Nobody cares rat squat about fluffiness.

The whole ''gay'' marriage issue is an attack upon religion. No exception. It is fact.

Why don't you allow a man to have natural sex with an 8 year old girl and then eat her heart in a loving celebration of orgasm and appetite? Why not? Who the hell are you to look down upon them?!!! You need to learn some tolerance, you fascist bigot.

edit on 2-8-2012 by XXX777 because: words

edit on 2-8-2012 by XXX777 because: more words
No-one has to tolerate homophobia. Homophobia is either complete indoctrination or a choice. And since homophobia is unhealthy and wrong, no-one should support it.

Also, your religious beliefs are yours and yours only. Not everyone believes the way you do, hate to break it to you. Since there are many religious gay/lesbian couples and many religious straights who are pro-gay, no, this is not about attacking religion. Stop the whining, stop the victim act. We're not buying it and we do not care. You made your choices, and now, guess what, everyone else has the right to criticize those choices. If you would stop forcing your beliefs into every single avenue, and arrogantly believing everyone has to follow your religious tenants, as if marriage is a pure religious union, there wouldn't be any problem.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
There is no ceremony of joining any two random people together for fluffiness.

You need to read Leviticus again. Not only are there, they are Christian.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join