It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wendy's Of North Carolina Stands With Chick-Fil-A Until....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I know that this issue has been beaten to death in the last few days, but I wanted to share this story as well.

‘WE STAND WITH CHICK-FIL-A’: NORTH CAROLINA WENDY’S SIGNS TOUCH OFF CONTROVERSY

The national burger chain Wendy’s was hit with a bit of secondhand controversy from the Chick-fil-A appreciation day today after one miniature burger mogul franchising the company’s restaurants went rogue.

The story began when North Carolina Wendy’s franchisee Jim Furmen, who owns no less than 86 of the company’s franchises in North Carolina, decided to have all 86 of his restaurants display a sign making the following unapologetic statement:

Needless to say, given the existence of pictures of this phenomenon, the internet took notice. The internet site Reddit began circulating photos of Furmen’s handiwork, prompting controversy. So much controversy, in fact, that the official Wendy’s Twitter account posted a reaction from the company saying that Furmen had taken the signs down (presumably under corporate edict) and that Wendy’s was proud to “serve ALL customers.”

Even as I started reading this article I expected to see this. It is after all a franchise. This has really gotten it's share of the news these last few days and I think most of us are ready to be done with it. I think (this owner) Wendy's was hoping for the upswing Chick-Fil-A has gotten so far and expected to ride in free and easy. This guy was surely aware that being a franchise owner, would allow Wendy's to have the final say.

Article here...
www.theblaze.com...< br />

edit on 8/1/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Corporate got the last say, but his stores are now all over the internet. Free publicity gone viral, and he got his point across even if the signs are now taken down.

This whole thing is getting kind of crazy if you ask me. I can't believe a business would risk the chance of a "business suicide" like this in a down economy. And don't even get me started on what they are taking the stand against.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

Corporate got the last say, but his stores are now all over the internet. Free publicity gone viral, and he got his point across even if the signs are now taken down.

This whole thing is getting kind of crazy if you ask me. I can't believe a business would risk the chance of a "business suicide" like this in a down economy. And don't even get me started on what they are taking the stand against.

I'm with you. I think he knew exactly what he was doing and I think he knew Wendy's would put a stop to it ASAP as well. I big risk indeed. He owns 86 stores. He is not stupid enough to believe that they would not make him remove it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I'm not really into the whole gay pride thing, wearing it on your sleeve and demanding their own forum. The gays are quite unconcerned about anything but themselves. They ignore the bi's to the point of near total exclusion. And what about the ones who stir their coffee with their sex? Don't they deserve special notice? Where are the gays when the bisexuals demand state recognized marriages? I wish everytime I went into a locker room, there were countless nude women, objects of desire, to be admired. Haven't they got enough yet?

Something as magnificent as life should be reduced to a label that's attached to one's groin? I am happy to report that within the mysteries of 'sex' are ineffable, complicated, intertwined machinations. I think it's sad that so many gays die when they are made one flesh to a political partner...but legislating things so we all must ultimately instruct (school) our children that being gay is an option they ought select like some career seminar pencil ticks?

No Thanks.

My point is that Chick Fil A will serve gays. I don't know if they hire people who run around revealing what they do with their junk, or even serve them, but all impressions I got were that the chicken place has no problem with your average gays. But Rahm wants more power, and when he heard about the normally disposed owner of the chain, he got a little naked in his ambition. Anything this dual citizen mossad agent israeli does is geared toward centralizing state power.

Watch that man.

My guess is that they're on the brink of LE, and subliminally, we are being instructed that only those who conform, to the nwo government, will get access, survive. Deep down, LE is the secret goody that's out there, tied to the end a long stick. Hence, the poisonings, the terrible industrial poisonings. Thinning the herd, and always adding tinder to the 'civil war' fuel storage rooms. They really do want a civil war. The gay thing is just another bundle of kindling to keep it going. Us, against them. Black against white. Am I really seeing the pinnacle of culture, in recorded history, going right down in flames, in a scant few decades???

Yeah, because they have technology, which is being applied to raw ambition, to have power, and more power.
Coke, and gambling work the same way.

edit on 2-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Gays need to get over themselves. Asking for acceptance and demanding support are two very different things

Edit: To make it perfectly clear I have no problem with the gay community. But some people do and you can't force people to do things,it's not cool.
edit on 2-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Corporate got the last say, but his stores are now all over the internet.

Because now people are going to drive from all over the country, past the Wendy's by them and travel just to get a frosty from a homophobe.

Free publicity gone viral, and he got his point across even if the signs are now taken down.

I knew who Wendy's was yesterday as much as I do today. It is a national chain and all this guy did was bring negative attention on that chain across the nation because of what he did in one of his stores.

But you can show me his skyrocketing sales and shut me up.

This just seems really stupid.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

I'm not really into the whole gay pride thing, wearing it on your sleeve and demanding their own forum. The gays are quite unconcerned about anything but themselves. They ignore the bi's to the point of near total exclusion. And what about the ones who stir their coffee with their sex? Don't they deserve special notice?

My point is that Chick a fil will serve gays. I don't know if they hire people who run around revealing what they do with their junk, or even serve them, but all impressions I got were that the chicken place has no problem with gays. But Rahm wants more power, and when he heard about the normally disposed owner of the chain, he got a little naked in his ambition. Anything this dual citizen mossad agent israeli does is geared toward centralizing state power.

Firstly the gay community stands together, for purposes of things like gay pride, as LGBTQA. That means lesbian, bi, gay, transgender, questioning, and allies. Bisexuals are certainly not ignored, jokes are made about them sometimes because they can play both teams, but thats about it. No person gay/straight/bi runs around talking about sex 24/7. Thats just what you see when you think about them, your personal hang up, you obviously have had little contact with gay people. Nobody wants special treatment just equal treatment.

Chick Fil A is promoting institutional homophobia, not to mention that they donate some of their profits to hate groups. This is not just about the personal opinion of the CEO.
edit on 2-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

This doesn't lend Wendy's any positive publicity in my opinion. Everyone know's what Wendy's is, these stunts wont get the more business. If anything, he's hurt the companies image.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
No offense OP, as this isn't directed at you in any way.

Of all of the crap going on on the world right now THIS is what gets people motivated???
Really?!?!?!

THIS is what the mindless masses are upset about??
THIS is at the top of the priority list of things to complain about???

Why is this even a topic of conversation given what is really going on in the world right now???

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

I'm not really into the whole gay pride thing, wearing it on your sleeve and demanding their own forum. The gays are quite unconcerned about anything but themselves. They ignore the bi's to the point of near total exclusion. And what about the ones who stir their coffee with their sex? Don't they deserve special notice?

My point is that Chick a fil will serve gays. I don't know if they hire people who run around revealing what they do with their junk, or even serve them, but all impressions I got were that the chicken place has no problem with gays. But Rahm wants more power, and when he heard about the normally disposed owner of the chain, he got a little naked in his ambition. Anything this dual citizen mossad agent israeli does is geared toward centralizing state power.

Firstly the gay community stands together, for purposes of things like gay pride, as LGBTQA. That means lesbian, bi, gay, transgender, questioning, and allies. Bisexuals are certainly not ignored, jokes are made about them sometimes because they can play both teams, but thats about it. No person gay/straight/bi runs around talking about sex 24/7. Thats just what you see when you think about them, your personal hang up, you obviously have had little contact with gay people. Nobody wants special treatment just equal treatment.

Chick Fil A is promoting institutional homophobia, not to mention that they donate some of their profits to hate groups. This is not just about the personal opinion of the CEO.
edit on 2-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

My emphasis is a little adrift, I admit. To me, this is about rahm emanuel drawing our attention to this 'issue', which is nobody's business. Rahm has his hand in a little bit of everything; there is an itinerary, to license, register, tax, everything that is sentient, or that moves, and everything that can stop them from doing so. All in the name of 'safety'. Political correctness..gun control/tax/attrition and confiscation, you name it. Progress. 'Hatespeech', I heard all of them, it doesn't change the fundamental reason for this nosey-ness. Unless you embrace assimilation, you will be economically strangled. The man has nerve, and he has an itinerary, iron bound.

One day you'll understand why hate is not a crime. I hope this comes from calm reflection, and not having to take a life to save your own. I am looking at the big picture....rahm wants longer school days (indoctrination).

Am I supposed to have to point out the obvious? That the Wendy's guy is a cheap opportunist?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

One guy owns a television channel and broadcasts what he thinks.
Another guy owns a pole sign and broadcasts what he thinks.
Both have their own business.

I used to think dressage like message until I heard it dressage like massage, and now I know when I see a head on the carpet on hands and knees scanning furiously it is an event known as crackage.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Of all of the crap going on on the world right now THIS is what gets people motivated???
Really?!?!?!

Why is this even a topic of conversation given what is really going on in the world right now???

No offense taken, as I agree with you 100%. This has dominated the news in my area (very close to these Wendy's actually) almost as much as the Olympics. I get most of my news here daily just because of that.

I am not sure if folks prefer these stories to air before the doom and gloom of the world news, or if this just really is what the news finds more important. I hesitated to post this because it has simply been done to death, but it does go to show you how wrapped up folks are with this whole Chick-Fil-A deal. I wouldn't mind seeing a few people get this involved in other issues that are concerning.
edit on 8/2/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777

One guy owns a television channel and broadcasts what he thinks.
Another guy owns a pole sign and broadcasts what he thinks.
Both have their own business.

I used to think dressage like message until I heard it dressage like massage, and now I know when I see a head on the carpet on hands and knees scanning furiously it is an event known as crackage.

I am going to just shake my head and act like I agree with you.
I have no clue what you just said... I know it is after my bed time but could you help me out before my brain blows up?

edit on 8/2/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Really?!?!?!

I have a problem with a company that would donate money to anti gay groups and take an open stance against homosexuals. I don't see them spending their money to denounce rapists or murderers, two groups that should be far more hated than gays even if you are an intolerant bible thumping idiot. I'm glad I'm aware of the companies nonsense. I think the CEO has every right to be as bigoted and backwards as he pleases, but I'm not going to be eating Chic Fil A after this nonsense. I can't really, there aren't any around here but rabble rabble rabble!

It's an issue for me because I live in the U.S.A. and despite our differences we are in this together. I don't want to see a group of people being treated as second class citizens for their sexual preference. I'll say the same thing to people treating Christians this way, black people this way, and anyone else that isn't hurting anyone with their lifestyle.

I'm a gun guy. I like them. I have a lot of them. It makes many people uncomfortable that I have them. Gay people are attracted to the same sex, it makes people uncomfortable. Well that's all well and good, be uncomfortable. I'm going to stick up for a person's rights not because I necessarily agree with them, but because it is their right and I hope in time they recognize that and stand with me for mine. I thought that was what this whole thing was about but no, go ahead and act like a major US company denouncing and funding restrictions on a citizens liberties is no big deal.

I really don't know why this irritates me so much. I don't know any gay people. I guess I just think of them as people. I was pissed when that church wouldn't marry a black couple the other week, but apparently it's different.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I was wondering why it was such a big issue myself. Like with all that's going on this is what people focus attention on? Good job media.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The whole thing was started by somebody, back there in time, somebody asked Dan Cathy for his opinion, they got it, and then they proceeded to blast it all around the planet Earth.

I love the way this thing has become a giant proxy for the ''You Suck, Obama'' crowd and the most PC way of saying ''to hell with you liberals'' all while simply enjoying a tasty chicken sandwich and some freakin' awesome waffle fries. Plus those after dinner mints which are also before dinner mints. A literal food fight.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

The whole thing was started by somebody, back there in time, somebody asked Dan Cathy for his opinion, they got it, and then they proceeded to blast it all around the planet Earth.

I would be fine with this thing if it ended there. I am not OK with a company funding anti gay nonsense. I'll even give the man props for speaking his mind. If you have a problem with something that's all well and good. If you involve your company with this sort of nonsense don't be surprised when it bites you in your pious ass.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by XXX777

I would be fine with this thing if it ended there. I am not OK with a company funding anti gay nonsense. I'll even give the man props for speaking his mind. If you have a problem with something that's all well and good. If you involve your company with this sort of nonsense don't be surprised when it bites you in your pious ass.

Listen to yourself, and hear the internal inconsistencies.

Dan Cathy didn't say ''NO GAY'' he just said ''NO GAY MARRIAGE''.
Get it?

Substitute ''tropical fern'' and get.....
XXX777 didn't say ''NO TROPICAL FERN'' he just said ''NO TROPICAL FERN MARRIAGE''.
You see, I believe tropical ferns shouldn't be concerned with marriage. They should just mingle freely and mix their spores and stuff. They can be tropical ferns au naturale. They do not need marriage. They're tropical ferns.

And I'd say a huge increase in sales is not really a bite in the ass.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

My emphasis is a little adrift, I admit. To me, this is about rahm emanuel drawing our attention to this 'issue', which is nobody's business.

Im sorry are you talking about Rahm Emmanuel the mayor of Chicago? Because hes a late comer to this whole controversy. He had nothing to do with it reaching the public. This all started with a statement that was made to the Baptist Press. So however you feel about Rahm is irrelevant to this issue. Chick Fil A decided to take a stance on gay marriage and donate its profits to hate groups opposed to it, therefore, its everyone's business.

Progress. 'Hatespeech', I heard all of them, it doesn't change the fundamental reason for this nosey-ness. Unless you embrace assimilation, you will be economically strangled. The man has nerve, and he has an itinerary, iron bound. One day you'll understand why hate is not a crime.

There is no nosey-ness Chick Fil A did this to themselves, nobody went looking for it. You do not have to embrace anything, however, if you own a business and use that business to back an agenda and speak out on controversial topics, you have to deal with the backlash. Nobody has to accept or support your intolerance. So just like it your choice to hate, its the choice of consumers to not support your business.

Hate is not a crime, although it is irrational and backwards. But promoting hate is a crime.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

And the backlash is....
a wild increase in sales as the MAJORITY support your business!!
Yeah!!
Come on in for the big win!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join