It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wendy's Of North Carolina Stands With Chick-Fil-A Until....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
No offense OP, as this isn't directed at you in any way.

Of all of the crap going on on the world right now THIS is what gets people motivated???
Really?!?!?!

THIS is what the mindless masses are upset about??
THIS is at the top of the priority list of things to complain about???

Why is this even a topic of conversation given what is really going on in the world right now???

I, personally, have NO FRICKING IDEA.

To be honest, as someone who lived a decade in the states, it's really embarrassing to watch those recent reports, with some fat, chicken gobbling Americans showing their intolerance and hatred...like it ##### matters whether gay people marry or not.

This country has become such a joke, made of retards in politics and media and retards in the common populace.

"Hey, yesterday i went to chick-fil-a, i ate some greasy chicken and i tell you, as a patriot i think all gays should leave America" etc..etc..

You know, they REALLY put something in their drinking water and i think now it's at the point where they achieved their goal to destroy 80% of people's brain cells. Otherwise i don't have an explanation.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

Tell me who is oppressing you? Really? No one. A few hate mongers here and there may not agree with you. But you can't change everyone's mind.
Tell me what gives you the delusion that being anti gay is wrong? You are very one sided you know that? Your losing at your own little game of acceptance.
Last I checked gays have widespread social and legal acceptance. It is deemed archaic to be a homphobe, No one is out to get you, your just so used to playing the victim that you dont want to give up the limelight. Your old news

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
To be honest, i don't see ANY difference in publically voicing a negative opinion against blacks OR voicing a negative opinion about gays.

I want to see Chick-Fil-A or any other large corporate in the US openly support "anti black" groups, or the CEO openly stating he thinks its wrong that Blacks should marry etc.

You do NOT see a slight similarity here?

Last time i checked, America was a country LARGELY composed of so called "minorites", be it gays, blacks, hispanics or people of whatever religion, sex, or race.

That someone being "anti gay" (or anti black) for that matter is actually true "ANTI AMERICAN" has obviously not rung through some people. I saw it yesterday, some people even see a difference between "Gay" and "American".

So..yes, from that point of view it's wrong to be "anti gay"...it's just idiotic since it is a non-issue what whoever else does in their bedrooms - what the frack do people need to care? Is this what America has become?
edit on 2-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

Tell me who is oppressing you? Really? No one. A few hate mongers here and there may not agree with you. But you can't change everyone's mind.
Tell me what gives you the delusion that being anti gay is wrong? You are very one sided you know that? Your losing at your own little game of acceptance.
Last I checked gays have widespread social and legal acceptance. It is deemed archaic to be a homphobe, No one is out to get you, your just so used to playing the victim that you dont want to give up the limelight. Your old news

Who is oppressing us? The US government. In case you haven't noticed, there are blatant anti-gay laws such as DOMA still on the books. In case you haven't noticed, same-sex couples are denied 1138 rights in their marriages because of DOMA, and same-sex couples cannot even marry in the overwhelming majority of states. In case you haven't noticed, people can be fired and not hired for being gay/lesbian/bisexual in 26 states and for being trans in several more. In a majority of states, a person who is LGBT can be DENIED housing, and DENIED transportation. There is a legal right to discriminate against LGBT people in MOST states in America. So, yeah, in case you didn't notice, now you do.

That has nothing to do with the fact that hate crimes are on the rise, particularly in the Bible belt. Cities like Washington DC, where there have been around 50 reported violent hate crimes in 6-7 months. Do I need to go further? No, I don't think so. Is being beaten solely for being gay a non-issue? How exactly is "no-one out to get" gay people when there are entire groups such as Westboro Baptist and American Family Association that are specifically anti-gay?

Being anti-gay is WRONG and it is EVIL. Discriminating and looking down on a group of people solely because of that group's natural, non-harmful sexuality is evil. You and your kind are old news, again, in case you haven't noticed, gay rights is the social issue of our lifetime, and it won't be old news until we have equality. And yes, you are not a friend of the gay community, don't think twice about it. You're ignorant, like all anti-gays are. The gay community have been and continue to be victims of discrimination, but we're not going to be victims anymore, and we're not going to be silent. So either fight with us, or get the heck out of the way.
edit on 2-8-2012 by crazydaysandnights because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2012 by crazydaysandnights because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

BTW, let me tell you something. Walk one day in the shoes of a gay man in Missouri or Texas or Mississippi and then tell us what you think about anti-gay discrimination being old news. You're the typical privileged, self-entitled, ignorant, one-track minded person who knows nothing beyond what is outside of your own life experience. Luckily, since any rational can see this, that is why the gay community has and continues to gain support and progress in our fight for equality.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
To be honest, i don't see ANY difference in publically voicing a negative opinion against blacks OR voicing a negative opinion about gays.

I want to see Chick-Fil-A or any other large corporate in the US openly support "anti black" groups, or the CEO openly stating he thinks its wrong that Blacks should marry etc.

You do NOT see a slight similarity here?

Last time i checked, America was a country LARGELY composed of so called "minorites", be it gays, blacks, hispanics or people of whatever religion, sex, or race.

That someone being "anti gay" (or anti black) for that matter is actually true "ANTI AMERICAN" has obviously not rung through some people. I saw it yesterday, some people even see a difference between "Gay" and "American".

So..yes, from that point of view it's wrong to be "anti gay"...it's just idiotic since it is a non-issue what whoever else does in their bedrooms - what the frack do people need to care? Is this what America has become?
edit on 2-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)
Exactly. But even many gays don't seem to get this. People have been societally conditioned to believe it's wrong to be gay or OK to be anti-gay so much that they cannot seem to fathom the fact there are people who aren't ashamed of being openly gay, or that there is an increase in people speaking out, gay and straight, in regards to gay rights. It's all "freedom of speech" and "stop flaunting your sexuality" to these people. It's actually the one thing that makes me sad, as a gay man, is how these people, even people who say they support gay marriage, even fellow gay/lesbian people themselves, don't really see and value LGBT citizens as equals to others.

Until a true majority of society recognizes being gay as equal to being black/Hispanic/female/Jewish/etc., then we're going to continue to see these debates regarding homosexuality. It's getting better but we're clearly not anywhere near that point yet.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Originally posted by davidmann
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm not really into the whole gay pride thing, wearing it on your sleeve and demanding their own forum. The gays are quite unconcerned about anything but themselves. They ignore the bi's to the point of near total exclusion. And what about the ones who stir their coffee with their sex? Don't they deserve special notice?

My point is that Chick a fil will serve gays. I don't know if they hire people who run around revealing what they do with their junk, or even serve them, but all impressions I got were that the chicken place has no problem with gays. But Rahm wants more power, and when he heard about the normally disposed owner of the chain, he got a little naked in his ambition. Anything this dual citizen mossad agent israeli does is geared toward centralizing state power.

Firstly the gay community stands together, for purposes of things like gay pride, as LGBTQA. That means lesbian, bi, gay, transgender, questioning, and allies. Bisexuals are certainly not ignored, jokes are made about them sometimes because they can play both teams, but thats about it. No person gay/straight/bi runs around talking about sex 24/7. Thats just what you see when you think about them, your personal hang up, you obviously have had little contact with gay people. Nobody wants special treatment just equal treatment.

Chick Fil A is promoting institutional homophobia, not to mention that they donate some of their profits to hate groups. This is not just about the personal opinion of the CEO.
edit on 2-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

LGBTQA? Wow, it's up to six letters now. I remember when it was just gays, then the lesbians felt left out so it changed to gay and lesbian and then the bisexuals felt left out of the gay and lesbian club so it became gay lesbian and bisexual. Then the transgender types felt left out that they couldn't be part of the club so they added transgender but it became too long to say so everybody started using LGBT (or GLBT but some lesbians get mad if they come second to male homosexuals) and now we've added Q which the more militant types will say stands for "queer" but also seems to stand for people who are not sure apparantly so it mnay be "questioning" (they should have two Q's so nobody feels left out--LGBTQQA) and finally the latest politically correct expression adds an A for people who are not actually any of the other but want to join in the indignation any how. IT really sounds like political correctness run amok in rush to be inclusionary to every little aspect of a situation and not offend anyone by leaving anyone out. Too bad we can't talk about something without doing tongue twisters. A few more years at it will be GLBTQQA OMG BBQ LOL BRB L8R.

LOL

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
hey, just for fun, lets get into the factory farming issue !!!

how do they treat their chicken before they are turned into sandwiches ?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

I'm not really into the whole gay pride thing, wearing it on your sleeve and demanding their own forum. The gays are quite unconcerned about anything but themselves. They ignore the bi's to the point of near total exclusion. And what about the ones who stir their coffee with their sex? Don't they deserve special notice?

My point is that Chick a fil will serve gays. I don't know if they hire people who run around revealing what they do with their junk, or even serve them, but all impressions I got were that the chicken place has no problem with gays. But Rahm wants more power, and when he heard about the normally disposed owner of the chain, he got a little naked in his ambition. Anything this dual citizen mossad agent israeli does is geared toward centralizing state power.

Firstly the gay community stands together, for purposes of things like gay pride, as LGBTQA. That means lesbian, bi, gay, transgender, questioning, and allies. Bisexuals are certainly not ignored, jokes are made about them sometimes because they can play both teams, but thats about it. No person gay/straight/bi runs around talking about sex 24/7. Thats just what you see when you think about them, your personal hang up, you obviously have had little contact with gay people. Nobody wants special treatment just equal treatment.

Chick Fil A is promoting institutional homophobia, not to mention that they donate some of their profits to hate groups. This is not just about the personal opinion of the CEO.

LGBTQA? Wow, it's up to six letters now. [...] Too bad we can't talk about something without doing tongue twisters. A few more years at it will be GLBTQQA OMG BBQ LOL BRB L8R.

LOL

How about

PWANRES?

People Who Are Not really Entirely Straight? Yeah yeah, i know i am funny today

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDocLGBTQA? Wow, it's up to six letters now. I remember when it was just gays, then the lesbians felt left out so it changed to gay and lesbian and then the bisexuals felt left out of the gay and lesbian club so it became gay lesbian and bisexual. Then the transgender types felt left out that they couldn't be part of the club so they added transgender but it became too long to say so everybody started using LGBT (or GLBT but some lesbians get mad if they come second to male homosexuals) and now we've added Q which the more militant types will say stands for "queer" but also seems to stand for people who are not sure apparantly so it mnay be "questioning" (they should have two Q's so nobody feels left out--LGBTQQA) and finally the latest politically correct expression adds an A for people who are not actually any of the other but want to join in the indignation any how. IT really sounds like political correctness run amok in rush to be inclusionary to every little aspect of a situation and not offend anyone by leaving anyone out. Too bad we can't talk about something without doing tongue twisters. A few more years at it will be GLBTQQA OMG BBQ LOL BRB L8R.

LOL
It has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with being inclusion and acceptance, and recognizing that not everything regarding minority sexualities revolves around gay men, which many ignorant folk among us seem to believe. You may not get it but it really isn't hard to understand.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wendy's is still the only fast food place I will eat at. Worked at wendy's, mccrapola, burgercrack when I was in high school. Wendy's is the only one that made the food fresh. Their prices are decent. That's all I care about in the long run when buying food. I don't care what owners think about social issues.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

That's what I don't get either. In all the reporting not once did I see where the owner of Chick-Fil refuses to serve gays or even employ them, just that he felt that marriage should be between a man and a woman. What people aren't allowed an opinion any more?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by NavyDoc

LGBTQA? Wow, it's up to six letters now. [...] Too bad we can't talk about something without doing tongue twisters. A few more years at it will be GLBTQQA OMG BBQ LOL BRB L8R.

LOL

How about

PWANRES?

People Who Are Not really Entirely Straight? Yeah yeah, i know i am funny today

There is a saying that you can't get above a certain rank in the Navy without inventing an acronym and it is said in jest, but considering they are all around us, there seems to be truth to it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights

Originally posted by NavyDocLGBTQA? Wow, it's up to six letters now. I remember when it was just gays, then the lesbians felt left out so it changed to gay and lesbian and then the bisexuals felt left out of the gay and lesbian club so it became gay lesbian and bisexual. Then the transgender types felt left out that they couldn't be part of the club so they added transgender but it became too long to say so everybody started using LGBT (or GLBT but some lesbians get mad if they come second to male homosexuals) and now we've added Q which the more militant types will say stands for "queer" but also seems to stand for people who are not sure apparantly so it mnay be "questioning" (they should have two Q's so nobody feels left out--LGBTQQA) and finally the latest politically correct expression adds an A for people who are not actually any of the other but want to join in the indignation any how. IT really sounds like political correctness run amok in rush to be inclusionary to every little aspect of a situation and not offend anyone by leaving anyone out. Too bad we can't talk about something without doing tongue twisters. A few more years at it will be GLBTQQA OMG BBQ LOL BRB L8R.

LOL
It has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with being inclusion and acceptance, and recognizing that not everything regarding minority sexualities revolves around gay men, which many ignorant folk among us seem to believe. You may not get it but it really isn't hard to understand.

Oh, I get it. My medical school had several huge acronym student organizations. You notice a bit of a difference. You have regular type people who will just use the term "gay" regarding such issues, meaning nothing negative about it at all and then you seemed to have a certain...anal retentive?...type that would get all atwitterpated about not using all of the required inclusionary initials. Some people are just a little more tightly wound than others.
edit on 2-8-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Opportunist, now if they think thousands are going to come eat at Wendys they are sadly mistaken lol
edit on 033131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Your ridiculous man. I am no enemy to the gay community. But seriously ya guys need to learn to pick your battles. No matter how much you cry,bitch and moan some people will never accept you. Oh it's hard being gay in a conservative area? Maybe get the hell out of there then, that is THEIR community not YOURS to change. I dont agree with "homophobes" or the way they act but you also have no right to try and force someone to change.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I dont care if gay people get married but just because someone is against it doesnt mean they are a homophobe. Gays throw that word around all the time and its annoying. It is also very arrogant. A lot of people labled as homophobes are not scared of homos at all. Thats ridiculous.

Personally I don't know anyone that fears gays.... You call me a homophobe Im gonna call ya a faggot.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Discriminating and looking down on a group of people solely because of that group's natural, non-harmful sexuality is evil.

you were conceived naturally.

you have sex for pleasure.

there is a difference.

it seems the "gay" community needs to legislatively define

their relationships in a different way

instead of attacking humanity's long standing

description of natural reproductive unions

between two members of the opposite sex,

be it a Religious or a Civil Union.

Create a third type.

just for you.

no matter what you tell yourself..

you did not come into this world through a "natural" sex

act between two men or two women.

it is for your personal pleasure.

when you keep insisting it is natural & look to animals

for your statistical proof..

it always makes me laugh..

surely, your consciousness is much more advanced

than say... a monkey?

whats next?

monkeys have sex with all monkeys!

monkeys have sex with other species!

he loves that frog.

why can't marriage between a human & a monkey

be legal? stop discriminating against the

MMLC !!(man monkey love club)

i probably left out a few animals lol

Bestiality Laws are Moral Laws too.

lets get all of Morality out of law!!

see how that will NOT work?

but seriously,

define your own relationship legally & then

you will get "rights" recognized when you acknowledge

you were created by a natural sex act

between a man & woman,

and that a Union between a man & man or

woman & woman is for a different result yet

the relationship dynamics are similar & should include

all the legalities of a traditional Civil Union

& as per the Constitution, be it "the Pursuit of Happiness"

or your Creator, which could be the flying spaghetti monster

that made you "born this way"..

yes it is two separate people coming together,

yet it is different. one is personal pleasure preference,

the other creates a Human Being as has been going on for arguably

100k years.. Religious Ceremonies have been around for a long time

and reflect this in there own tragic Biblical way.

you do not have to agree, that is why there is a Civil Union.

now its time to take it a step further by legally define a new type

of relationship..

there has to be some "happy" Lawyers out there..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

You said...." Nobody wants special treatment just equal treatment."

Yes they do....the Majority of the American people have said, " No " to Gay Marriage and ect, and the gay community refuses to accept that fact. By refusing to accept the Majority vote they are in fact asking for special treatment.

I'm sick to death of it. We the majority still believe that sleeping w/ the same sex will cease man- kind, and goes against our moral and value system. Once people started throwing the basic of our morals out the window it opened pandora's box for what you see today which is definetly way to much to list here.

So you believe in mob rules ie democracy and don't give a damn about our Republic???

I am amazed at the people who don't have a clue as to what our founding fathers meant this country to be!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I had to respond to this one based on the Missouri part.

Take one guess where I am. I know plenty of gays here. I work with one whose boyfriend works at a local store. I seen them there holding hands and walking without a care in the world. This guy is very well liked by everyone, and this is in southeast Missouri. He gets asked for help and well compensated for any work he does for others outside of work. He does great construction and even fantastic arts and crafts.

Since I mention it there are plenty of accepting places of business for gays in this area. In fact I have yet to work at a place that has not had several very openly gay and well liked people working there with me. I met my wife at such a job and she was dating women when we were just friends.

You might see places bad in Missouri for gays but I can point to very accepting places in Missouri for gays. We have several well known gay bars here as well; if it was so un-accepting here those bars would not exist.

Raist

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join