It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wendy's Of North Carolina Stands With Chick-Fil-A Until....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

why do people love telling other people how they feel ?

AS if we care.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by zonetripper2065

That's what I don't get either. In all the reporting not once did I see where the owner of Chick-Fil refuses to serve gays or even employ them, just that he felt that marriage should be between a man and a woman. What people aren't allowed an opinion any more?
No-one has ever said that Dan Cathy isn't entitled to be a bigot. But no-one has to support his bigotry whatsoever. BTW, if you think Dan Cathy solely said he's pro-traditional marriage or that the only thing he's done is speak out in support of one man one woman marriage, then you clearly haven't been keeping up regarding this national CFA debate.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

Your ridiculous man. I am no enemy to the gay community. But seriously ya guys need to learn to pick your battles. No matter how much you cry,bitch and moan some people will never accept you. Oh it's hard being gay in a conservative area? Maybe get the hell out of there then, that is THEIR community not YOURS to change. I dont agree with "homophobes" or the way they act but you also have no right to try and force someone to change.
I didn't call you an enemy. I said you are not a true supporter nor friend. Which you are not and if you think I'm ridiculous then you have no clue how ridiculous you come off right now. You're the one defending homophobia, so you need a reality check. And what the hell does "accept you" even mean? I'm not a thing, I'm a human being, the LGBT community are human beings. We exist, and that's all it comes down to. There is nothing to accept nor not accept.

And the fact you would tell someone to uproot their lives and move because of discrimination they face. Are you kidding me? NEWSFLASH: It's that gay persons' community too, there are no all-straight communities, we live everywhere and that should be recognized because we're legal citizens.

Should Rosa Parks have given up her seat to the white man who wanted it? With your logic, she should have done just that instead of whined about being unfairly discriminated against.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theroguelion
I dont care if gay people get married but just because someone is against it doesnt mean they are a homophobe. Gays throw that word around all the time and its annoying. It is also very arrogant. A lot of people labled as homophobes are not scared of homos at all. Thats ridiculous.

Personally I don't know anyone that fears gays.... You call me a homophobe Im gonna call ya a faggot.
Homophobe=Irrational fear of, aversion towards and or discrimination/hatred against homosexuality/homosexuals.

Not just gay people can correctly identify a homophobe when you see/talk to one. And you call gay people arrogant? What's arrogant is that you think the choice/indoctrination of being homophobic is at all comparable to being gay.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights

That's what I don't get either. In all the reporting not once did I see where the owner of Chick-Fil refuses to serve gays or even employ them, just that he felt that marriage should be between a man and a woman. What people aren't allowed an opinion any more?
No-one has ever said that Dan Cathy isn't entitled to be a bigot. But no-one has to support his bigotry whatsoever. BTW, if you think Dan Cathy solely said he's pro-traditional marriage or that the only thing he's done is speak out in support of one man one woman marriage, then you clearly haven't been keeping up regarding this national CFA debate.

Personally, and no offence to you, I could really careless what Mr. Cathy believes or says. This is/was a free country. Same with the gay life style, I could really careless. What I do care about is this trampling of our rights. Who gave the group that started this protest over nothing the power to decide they are right and Chick-Fil is wrong? Why is it that only gays can be outraged at a simple non-threatening (in my opinion) statement and completely disreguard other peoples opinions and beliefs and are oh so quick with the lables. I thought they were supposed to be open minded, guess they are as long as to believe as they do. Personally, I hope that this protest blows up (don't mean a real explosion, don't want anybody taking this the wrong way) in their faces, cause face it it's nothing, not when there are bigger things to worry about. (sorry, didn't mean to vent that much
) Aaaaaand I'm gone.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

you were conceived naturally.

you have sex for pleasure.

there is a difference.
Wrong. Gay/lesbian couples have sex for the same reasons straight couples have sex. Procreation is not a top 10 reason why straight couples have sex. The fact procreation comes as a result to straight couples having sex does not change that. So if gay/lesbian couples simply have sex for pleasure, than the same applies to straight couples.

it seems the "gay" community needs to legislatively define

their relationships in a different way

instead of attacking humanity's long standing

description of natural reproductive unions

between two members of the opposite sex
Nope. It's not necessary to create all new laws and create confusion when things can easily be solved by simply granting same-sex couples equal marriage rights.

There is no attack on humanity nor heterosexuality by acknowledging same-sex couples as legal, valid couples and granting them marriage rights. There is NO attack going on. You just have this arrogant self-entitled feeling of superiority, which is undeserved, and does not belong in law. Procreation is not the basis of relationships, or marriage, and for most, it isn't the basis for sex either.

be it a Religious or a Civil Union.

Create a third type.

just for you.
We'll take marriage.

no matter what you tell yourself..

you did not come into this world through a "natural" sex

act between two men or two women.

it is for your personal pleasure.
I have sex with the same-sex because I'm attracted to men, because I love men on an emotional, affectional and romantic level. Because it's a beautiful way to express closeness and togetherness with another consensual adult. I don't have sex solely as a means to get off and have an orgasm. I pity you if you think sex is solely to make a baby. You're missing out with that attitude.

when you keep insisting it is natural & look to animals

for your statistical proof..

it always makes me laugh..

surely, your consciousness is much more advanced

than say... a monkey?
Humans are animals and monkeys and specifically bonobos are the closest animal biologically to humans. And, many species of animals we see in the natural world are in fact very intelligent. It's not as if they don't know what they're doing when they have sex with a same-sex mate within their species. They do it because homosexuality is a NATURAL INCLINATION.

whats next?
What's next after same-sex couples are granted marriage equality? Who knows. It's not my business because ultimately it doesn't involve me. And if it doesn't involve you, like I'm quite confident in saying same-sex marriages do not, then you really shouldn't care too much about what is "next".

monkeys have sex with all monkeys!

monkeys have sex with other species!

he loves that frog.

why can't marriage between a human & a monkey

be legal? stop discriminating against the

MMLC !!(man monkey love club)

i probably left out a few animals lol

Bestiality Laws are Moral Laws too.

lets get all of Morality out of law!!

see how that will NOT work?
Homosexuality isn't immoral. I doubt you could come up with one legitimate reason that proves categorically that homosexuality is a moral issue. However, bestiality is in fact a moral issue, as animals cannot consent to sex with a human. They can't fully comprehend sex with a human, so even if the animals "wants it", a human is still taking advantage of that animal. Animals are harmed and often times die after having sex with a human.

Humans aren't frogs. Humans aren't monkeys. Humans are humans, and consensual, safe sex between two adult human beings is not something that is immoral. Therefore, homosexuality is not something that should be punished, and as legal adult couples, we require equal rights.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by reefermanbut seriously,

define your own relationship legally & then

you will get "rights" recognized when you acknowledge

you were created by a natural sex act

between a man & woman
Same-sex relationships are defined legally. They're called marriage.

We will get our rights through the Supreme Court, most likely, could happen by next year. What certainly is NOT going to happen is our community groveling or compromising our rights to suit what any anti-gay person thinks.

Heterosexuality is heterosexuality. Homosexuality is homosexuality. Neither have anything to do with marriage. People do not get married because they happen to be straight, or because they happen to be gay. And making a baby is not a requirement to marry nor is it the end all be all to all things sex. Making a baby is just that, making a baby. You may want to believe that deserves some special recognition, but it really doesn't, considering it's how a child is raised which is more important.

and that a Union between a man & man or

woman & woman is for a different result yet

the relationship dynamics are similar & should include

all the legalities of a traditional Civil Union

& as per the Constitution, be it "the Pursuit of Happiness"

or your Creator, which could be the flying spaghetti monster

that made you "born this way"..

yes it is two separate people coming together,

yet it is different.
The only difference between same-sex and opposite-sex couples are their orientation and their gender combination and some of the things attributed to that, such as relationships, individual couples' views of the world, parenting ability and life experiences. Since gay doesn't=sterile, having a baby is not one of those differences. We require equal rights, and equal rights is marriage. It is completely unnecessary to create new legal terms and make things more complicated solely to be divisive and create a division between gays and straights. It's not going to happen.

one is personal pleasure preference,

the other creates a Human Being as has been going on for arguably

100k years
Most sexual encounters between opposite-sex couples do NOT result in a baby. So why then do these couples have sex outside of times during the year when the female is more fertile and likely to create life? Why do straight couples have sex without intent to make a baby? Why do straight couples have sex with condoms?

Oh yeah. Because most straight couples are having sex for reasons that have nothing to do with procreation.

.. Religious Ceremonies have been around for a long time

and reflect this in there own tragic Biblical way.

you do not have to agree, that is why there is a Civil Union.
Civil unions are not equal. It's called civil marriage. Marriage is not a religious union, never has been, never will be.

now its time to take it a step further by legally define a new type

of relationship..
Marriage is marriage, and the definition of marriage includes same-sex couples.

Accept that or keep crying. But that isn't going to change the path we're on in this country and around the globe, and that is towards marriage equality for same-sex couples.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Personally, and no offence to you, I could really careless what Mr. Cathy believes or says. This is/was a free country. Same with the gay life style, I could really careless. What I do care about is this trampling of our rights. Who gave the group that started this protest over nothing the power to decide they are right and Chick-Fil is wrong? Why is it that only gays can be outraged at a simple non-threatening (in my opinion) statement and completely disreguard other peoples opinions and beliefs and are oh so quick with the lables. I thought they were supposed to be open minded, guess they are as long as to believe as they do. Personally, I hope that this protest blows up (don't mean a real explosion, don't want anybody taking this the wrong way) in their faces, cause face it it's nothing, not when there are bigger things to worry about. (sorry, didn't mean to vent that much
) Aaaaaand I'm gone.
I'm not offended, don't worry about me worrying about what you say. The whole free country BS does not fly with me. Yeah, it's a free country, and that means if you say something that others consider out of step, if you hold a certain value system others find objectionable, people can speak their minds on that. Your rights aren't being trampled on and your whining isn't going to work anymore. You don't care, and I don't care either. Quit crying, you're not a victim, nor is anyone who wants to be outspokenly anti-gay. What is happening is, finally, people, gay and straight, are speaking out against homophobia, as we should. Don't like that, don't be homophobic. And the CFA backlash has already been successful as CFA's brand rating has and continues to decline dramatically. It's not just gays who are against homophobia, Chance. All decent, civilized individuals are against homophobia. It's sort of common sense.

Being anti-gay is wrong, so what you Chance don't seem to get is that there aren't two sides to everything. Just like racism, nativism, sexism, anti-semitism, being homophobic is non-negotiable. It is unacceptable, and tolerating intolerance is NOT tolerance. If your opinion is an anti-gay BELIEF then it isn't an opinion and I don't have to regard it as valid. And given that Dan Cathy spent 5 million dollars in 2011 alone on anti-gay hate groups, you seem like another one of the typical CFA defenders who have no clue whatsoever what the entire debate is about. Ignorance certainly isn't bliss unlike the saying may lead one to think.

BTW, human rights is very much a major thing to worry about, but hey, you already admitted to "not caring" about gay people. That's fine. We don't care about you one iota either, Chance. At least not me. Like, literally, at all. In my mind, once you portray yourself as anti-gay, you're deleted from registering at all for me.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

you were conceived naturally.

you have sex for pleasure.

there is a difference.[quote]

reply by crazydaysandnights Wrong.

so you were hatched? you came from a test tube? a turkey baster?

two men can not have a kid. end of story. there is a difference.

The fact procreation comes as a result to straight couples having sex does not change that.

now you are putting the cart before the horse...

if sex just felt good it would not serve the original purpose.

Nature evolved or God made it feel that way in order to reproduce..

the end result is the point. you are delusional.

get over it.

We'll take marriage.

you cannot "take" anything.

Marriage is a Religious Union.

you go to a Judge to get a Civil NON RELIGIOUS Union.

stop insisting on "taking" anything.

your just attacking Religion. its obvious.

Accept the fact of the biological sexual act of how YOU came to exist.

respect it. you obviously do not.

you need to quit crying your not seen equally

come up with a different definition..

edit on 2-8-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Okay, enlighten everyone. Exactly which hate groups has the Chick-Fila corporation has been supporting and what links to evidence of corporate sponsorship can you show us?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

BTW, human rights is very much a major thing to worry about, but hey, you already admitted to "not caring" about gay people.

Now you see right there your seeing things that are not there. Now where in my post:

Same with the gay life style, I could really careless.

I said there life style I could careless about, not them. Try not to jump to conclusions. Just because I'm not gay and have no intrest in what they do behind closed doors does not mean I don't care about the person/people.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

so you were hatched? you came from a test tube? a turkey baster?

two men can not have a kid. end of story. there is a difference.
Sex is not solely to procreate and there are other reasons outside of pleasure and procreation as to why people have sex.

now you are putting the cart before the horse...

if sex just felt good it would not serve the original purpose.
There are reasons outside of procreation as to why sex is beneficial. Is this hard to understand? How many times does it need to be said for you to get it? My gosh.

Nature evolved or God made it feel that way in order to reproduce..

the end result is the point. you are delusional.

get over it.
Great argument. I'm delusional, get over it. Wow. You sure told me, didn't you.

you cannot "take" anything.

Marriage is a Religious Union.
Wrong.

you go to a Judge to get a Civil NON RELIGIOUS Union.

stop insisting on "taking" anything.

your just attacking Religion.
Wrong. There are plenty of religious gays and lesbians. And marriage has nothing to do with religion. Keep religion out of the law and out of our government, and there are no issues regarding this situation.

Accept the fact of the biological sexual act of how YOU came to exist.

respect it. you obviously do not.
Respect what? Being a breeder? LOL. There is way more to life, love and being someone worthy of respect than being a breeder. Having sex is not an accomplishment.

you need to quit crying your not seen equally

come up with a different definition..

edit on 2-8-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)
I'm not crying, you are. You're the one crying because same-sex couples are marrying and seek marriage. And we will continue to marry, we will continue to gain marriage rights across the country, and you're going to keep crying about it. Cry cry cry all you want, but marriage is marriage and we require equality. I don't care what you see, I care about my rights and the rights of my community.

So with that said, marriage is marriage, and we'll take marriage.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Okay, enlighten everyone. Exactly which hate groups has the Chick-Fila corporation has been supporting and what links to evidence of corporate sponsorship can you show us?
Nope. Do your own work. I'm not going to do your work for you, and then you will try to then attack me when I do show what companies CFA is donating to. People like you will never be happy unless it validates your homophobic delusions.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Now you see right there your seeing things that are not there.

Actually, I'm seeing what I need to see. You do not care about gay rights. That's the end of it. And if you don't care about gay rights then you certainly do not truly care about the well-being of the gay community.

Same with the gay life style, I could really careless.

I said there life style I could careless about, not them. Try not to jump to conclusions. Just because I'm not gay and have no intrest in what they do behind closed doors does not mean I don't care about the person/people.
Gay is not a lifestyle.

Next.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Eh, never mind.

edit on 2-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Nope. Do your own work. I'm not going to do your work for you, and then you will try to then attack me when I do show what companies CFA is donating to. People like you will never be happy unless it validates your homophobic delusions.

So you got nothing and are just parroting what you have heard? You made a statement, either it is based on fact or it is just a follow the crowd type of knee jerk reaction.

And what does asking for a factual basis of a stance have to do with the epithet "homophobe?". I've never said anything homophobic. Is this one of those " you doubt me so you must be a homophobe, racist, bigot" type of things? I don't eat at that place because i don't like the food. I voted against banning gay marriage because I don't think it is the governments business. However Ian also against hate on both sides of the isle and on this case, all of the hate, name calling, and bigotry seems to be coming from one side. Let's see some logic over emotion.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

This doesn't lend Wendy's any positive publicity in my opinion. Everyone know's what Wendy's is, these stunts wont get the more business. If anything, he's hurt the companies image.

I can't believe the guy did it without consulting with Wendy's corporate office first. I bet he gets called down to corporate headquarter for a tongue lashing.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

So you got nothing and are just parroting what you have heard? You made a statement, either it is based on fact or it is just a follow the crowd type of knee jerk reaction.

And what does asking for a factual basis of a stance have to do with the epithet "homophobe?". I've never said anything homophobic. Is this one of those " you doubt me so you must be a homophobe, racist, bigot" type of things? I don't eat at that place because i don't like the food. I voted against banning gay marriage because I don't think it is the governments business. However Ian also against hate on both sides of the isle and on this case, all of the hate, name calling, and bigotry seems to be coming from one side. Let's see some logic over emotion.
You're right, all the hate, name calling and bigotry is coming from one side. Social conservatives.

You can support marriage equality and be anti-gay. Being pro-gay isn't simply about supporting gay causes.

Anyway, regarding Chick-fil-A's donations, google Chick-fil-A donations. And you'll have answers to your question.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

This doesn't lend Wendy's any positive publicity in my opinion. Everyone know's what Wendy's is, these stunts wont get the more business. If anything, he's hurt the companies image.

I can't believe the guy did it without consulting with Wendy's corporate office first. I bet he gets called down to corporate headquarter for a tongue lashing.
He was immediately forced to take down the signs. But bigots like that have absolutely no sense, so he probably didn't recognize what he did was actually very much out-of-line.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

You're right, all the hate, name calling and bigotry is coming from one side. Social conservatives.You can support marriage equality and be anti-gay. Being pro-gay isn't simply about supporting gay causes.

Anyway, regarding Chick-fil-A's donations, google Chick-fil-A donations. And you'll have answers to your question.

Really? Certainly not in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join