It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No 9/11 Forum!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
OK mod/admin please I am not trying to be a pest or anything and I am not trying to incite any kind of trouble just asking for a bit of a explanation and perhaps a discussion about what is going on with our 9/11 forum just now.

I know that there was briefly a thread created on this very topic but it was shut down by moderation staff

BUT

Can the mod’s please create a thread with some kind of announcement about what’s going on. I apologise if this has already been done and I have just missed it but it would be very nice to have some idea about what is going on

I think I speak for all the members and staff when I say “We want our 9/11 forum back without the trolls!”. Surly the world’s biggest conspiracy website is not seriously considering shutting down the 9/11 forum.

PS:

…. A note to the mods

You guys can’t keep us in the dark over this otherwise there will be chaos on the boards, its been down for 9 hours without any real explanation and the last thread about this was shut down.

…. To my fellow members…

Can we please all let the mod’s provide us with a response without making accusations and wild claims. By all means we should discuss but lets not turn this into another one of those threads were to truthers and OSers have a argument with the Mods stuck in the middle. Both sides will want to know what’s going on.

edit on 1-8-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Indeed. 9/11 is no theory.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Any takers on this?

Really

The whole 9/11 forum is shut down and nobody other than me really has anything to say about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Seroiusly, ATS should be able to handle a little trolling by some group. Maybe closing temporarily until they find a way to identify and eliminate the trolls is an option but, if they close the forum permenantly, it will mean the trolls have won and will encourage them to move on to other forums until they destroy ATS altogether.

Its a shame that an organization supposedly out to find the truth behind 9-11 has turned into a bunch of shills for the OS.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Just some questions:

Where multiple threads trolled?
Where also some of the older threads trolled?
How did the mods learn, that the infiltrators came from pilots for 9/11 truth?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Yup they are some of the same questions I would like answered, I think it is a reasonable request for members to ask moderation staff why one of the most popular forums has been taken down.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Totally agree if the forum is shut down because of a few trolls then the trolls have won.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Every single topic on ATS is trolled!!

Most frequently would be Race, Islam and Homophobia.

I don't see any of these being closed or whatever?

Hmmm

As someone said, maybe they'll just up the trolling until there is no ATS left.

We should not negotiate with Trolls.
edit on 1/8/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I have noticed a huge censorship of many posts by the MODS in the past year alone. Removal of threads and members without any explanation. I believe ATS has lost itas long standing dignity it use to have, the days when MODs would remain professional even if they disagreed with you. Now we have a flood of moderators that seems to have little tolerance for any thing that they may disagree with.

I think we need a new forum site, that allows more freedoms and a clearer defined terms of use, and a TOU that moderators would follow themselves. ATS is centered around its members, not its members around the moderators.
edit on 1-8-2012 by imagineering because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i suppose sumthin big is gonna happen.
Good Ol Dave et al are on leave so maybe 9/11 posts might be legit.
Imagine if the truth came out!?!?!? the world would change. The truth can never come out.
i just live to slip between the cracks, knowing the truth. I tell my friends. They listen, and tell their friends. After they do their own research. Everyone comes to the same simple truth.
9/11 was an inside job. 100%. Evidence-based, no OS based.
Stay low I say. Something is gonna go boom!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 1/8/2012 by hmmmbeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

We have never, in my almost 5 years on staff, discussed bannings or thread removals. All that needs to be said is that they( threads or members ) went against the T&C.

SkepticOverlord has answered some of the questions already in that other thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes it's locked.

Until a solution is found or an Admin decides to come to this thread and explain further, that's about all that will be siad for now.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by FortAnthem

Totally agree if the forum is shut down because of a few trolls then the trolls have won.

Agreed, by doing this, not only have the trolls been fed, they were given the keys to the front door to the house of ATS and was told to get what they want out of the fridge.

Why can't the Mods just delete the troll comments and let the rest of us seek the truth behind 9/11? Isn't that why we have Mods in the first place? Moderate the forums, get rid of the trolls, and let the real ATSer's do what we do.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I see there are already 3 T&C infractions by 3 new, fresh out of the shell, members. Might they be a couple of said 9/11 trolls. Curious....

Des

edit on 1-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

It looks like the other thread was locked because it became a magnet for spammers and banned members to put up disrupting posts.

They're already starting to do it here in this thread in hopes of getting this one shut down as well.

Its a shame that the trolls have learned to work the system so well and can now push the admin's buttons to shut down legitimate discussions here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
And since the returnees have flooded into this thread as well.

There's already a thread where SkepticOverlord addressed this issue. www.abovetopsecret.com...

We're working on this situation and will have more to say when we've reached a conclusion.

Until then, please be patient.

Closed.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
An announcement will be forthcoming...

Until the a final disposition is rendered by the ownership, we will ALL have to wait.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join