It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we must stand beside and behind Sheriff Joe Arpaio

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Stand behind someone who has cost the county 43 million dollars in lawsuits? Stand behind someone who when his department was compared to the KKK was an honor?

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office controversies

On December 15, 2011 the Justice Department released its finding that the Sheriff's department repeatedly arrested Latinos illegally, abused them in the county jails and failed to investigate hundreds of sexual assaults. The Department of Homeland Security, reacting to the Justice Department report, revoked Maricopa County jail officers' authority to detain people on immigration charges.[4] The Justice Department report found that the Sheriff's office carried out a blatant pattern of discrimination against Latinos and held a "systematic disregard" for the Constitution.[5] The Department's racial profiling expert found the sheriff's office to be the most egregious case of profiling ever seen in the U.S.

Stand behind someone like this?

This thread should be in jokes and humor.

How much has illegal immigration cost???
What crimes have the illegals committed???
Yeah, I stand behind him.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider

How much has illegal immigration cost???
What crimes have the illegals committed???
Yeah, I stand behind him.

Doesn't matter.

They are protected by the Constitution. You know - - YOUR Government.

Find a way that's within the laws of the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

well there is two sides - yours and mine - I support law and order and right now Joe appears to be doing his job unlike other people. and he has the authority of people of Arizona. what do you have >? and he is going after the DOJ and the White House - So why wouldn't I support someone actually trying to do something about the problems. and fortunately or unfortuanately depending on your prospective. you just choose the wrong side... never bet against the American People.
edit on 31-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Anne - you can say the word Constitution - will you please show which article supports your position.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot

well there is two sides - yours and mine - I support law and order and right now Joe appears to be doing his job unlike other people. and he has the authority of people of Arizona.

Sheriff Joe - - - ignores the Latinos of his district when they need law enforcement. Even the legal ones.

He's an Old School Renegade - - - who only takes care of those who think like he does.

This is not the Old West.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

well there is two sides - yours and mine - I support law and order and right now Joe appears to be doing his job unlike other people. and he has the authority of people of Arizona.

Sheriff Joe - - - ignores the Latinos of his district when they need law enforcement. Even the legal ones.

He's an Old School Renegade - - - who only takes care of those who think like he does.

This is not the Old West.

I wish someone would tell the illegals that this isn't the Old West... they shoot up this town like no one else.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Anne - you can say the word Constitution - will you please show which article supports your position.

Profiling
Illegal Raids
Road blocks - - that stop only those who look Latino - - asking for proof of citizenship.
Stopping people walking down the street.

Go read the lawsuits against him. And how much its costing tax payers.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I wish someone would tell the illegals that this isn't the Old West... they shoot up this town like no one else.

I'm originally from Los Angeles.

I know its shocking - - but they were here first.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I lived in LA also.
I understand that their ancestors were here first but that was a long time ago and like it or not, times change.
I don't go back to the house I grew up in and tell the current owners what color to paint it...
edit on 31-7-2012 by TheGreatDivider because: Can't write...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

well thats not articles of the Constitution, you know Arizona has one and it actually is more powerful than the one you are thinking. Arizona is a Soverign State that joined a Union called the United States. It has laws, and those laws are more fair than the laws just south of AZ. If you are caught in Mexico as an Illegal Alien its way worse. and just because someone is doing something illegal - anyway you look at it - its illegal thats why its called illegal aliens - they want a place at our table, which they have no right to sit at. If they choose to sit at our table there is many legal ways of doing so - but coming here when you are not invited - is like me kicking in your front door and forcing you to feed me, to house me, to treat my medical conditions- Latinos have been in America for ever, but after 1898 a war was faught against Mexico - we won - you lost your rights to this land. and we actually won rights which we do not excerise over Mexico. Mexico is actually owned by Spain even though spain lost the war they still own Mexico. go yell at Spain about your problems.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

well thats not articles of the Constitution, you know Arizona has one and it actually is more powerful than the one you are thinking. Arizona is a Soverign State that joined a Union called the United States.

I live here.

Fed law trumps state law.

Ask those who are into medical plant medicine.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Wrong - sorry but thats the main stream media telling you something that is not true. read Article 9 and 10 of the Federal Constitution. its states very clearly that States are Soveriegn and they have rights far in excess of the federals.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I lived in LA also.
I understand that their ancestors were here first but that was a long time ago and like it or not, times change.
I don't go back to the house I grew up in and tell the current owners what color to paint it..

OH OK - - - guess we shipped all those native Latinos back to their ancestral country - - - along with the blacks.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I lived in LA also.
I don't go back to the house I grew up in and tell the current owners what color to paint it..

OH OK - - - guess we shipped all those native Latinos back to their ancestral country - - - along with the blacks.

Sorry, I meant it was a long time ago when their ancestors owned this land. There are new owners and new laws, like it or not.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

(you got it backwards - America was built from the people, not from the Federals like most other nations).
Article 10
the United States Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights, was ratified on December 15, 1791.[1] The Tenth Amendment states the Constitution's principle of federalism by providing that powers not granted to the federal government nor prohibited to the States by the Constitution are reserved to the States or the people.

The Issue of the Blacks - well thats a more interesting issue - America is a nation of all races - creeds.
have you ever heard of a Country called Liberia ? - after the Civil War America purchased the Country called Liberia for any and all Black Slaves wishing to return to Africa, some did and a new nation was born.
the Latino's have always been welcome in America - until recently when the Latino's started declaring our land theirs. - it aint going to happen.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Sorry guys but I've lived in the Phoenix metro area for 30 years and Sheriff Joe is highly regarded by everyone but illegals and liberals.

Nah.

I'm an adherent of the Constitution.

I am not a Democrat or a Republican.

I am a Free human being and I support the rights of all humans.

From this vantage point I can safely say that Sheriff Joe is a totalitarian tyrant who uses guns to illegally arrest and imprison many non-violent individuals who did not harm the liberty of any other humans.

Support tyranny all you want, dress it up in the American flag and lie to yourself all day.
But it won't fool me.
I'm onto these organized criminals and their syndicated racket.

This is all about $. Human rights be damned.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Well I do and you must be one or both of the two groups I mentioned...

Actually no I'm not... I just do research before I support someone.

"There's no such thing as 'abuse of power' - there's no law against that," - Joe Arpaio

edit on 31-7-2012 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Is this the person you want to stand behind?

The truth about joe arpaio

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am a cynical realist.

I know the truth about how corrupt the unlawful enforcement agencies are here in the USA, and how they focus on non-violent people who were not harming anyone. The prisons are full of them.

Yeah, they re non-violent until...

Let me tell you a story of a person I know that never harmed a soul by drinking too much. Until the day she plowed through a stop sign drunk, and killed an innocent man and permanently incapacitated another. Take your non-violent crime crap and shove it. They are in jail because they are an eventual threat to others.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No they weren't there first. The native Americans were there first.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join