It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we must stand beside and behind Sheriff Joe Arpaio

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

yea, just what the people need a law man of character, strength and morals. its about time. now we need anorther couple of thousand Sheriffs just like him. and we will be a lot better off . IMO.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by drock905

yea, just what the people need a law man of character, strength and morals. its about time. now we need anorther couple of thousand Sheriffs just like him. and we will be a lot better off . IMO.

Are you trolling? Did you even bother reading what I posted? He has no character, strength or morals.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I live there. I haven't heard much of anything. Well nothing besides the same old sad song from the illegals trying to justify why they are above the law of MY damn country.
Don't get me wrong most of my best customers are Mexican laborers. Very polite and hardworking people

edit on 1-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: terrapin

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
These racial issues you hear - appear to be BS -
We must stand beside and behind the Sheriff, It appears he has been attacked without cause. This investigator says the Sheriff is the most patriotic Sheriff in America and we must as Americans weigh in on this tar and feather job with a unified voice in support and go after the culprits. who wants to join the Sheriffs Posse and go after these criminals?

edit on 31-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

Some guy tells you what you should think and you come to ATS and say "this guy I do no know thinks something and wants me to think it too so you should also think it."
Where are the facts and all that crap?
From what I can tell Joe has been attacked because he did a lot of crappy stuff.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
If people have a legitamate ID, they shouldn't worry about racial profiling.

That sounds just fine for Nazi America.
If I am anything, I should not have to worry about racial profiling.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Oldtimer2

The only people that would call him a jerk or not support him (excluding the birther issue) are probably criminals. I can't see why any law abiding person would dislike him.

He jails innocent people and steals taxpayer money.
Why would any law abiding American like him?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider
Sorry guys but I've lived in the Phoenix metro area for 30 years and Sheriff Joe is highly regarded by everyone but illegals and liberals.

That has been my impression as well and I was in and out of the Phoenix area or reading Phoenix papers at stops crossing I-40 above for 5 years. His re-election figures also speak volumes, I'd say. He is elected so the people could have shown him the door any number of times.

It took me a moment to find this but I'd recently seen it and thought it might be interesting to some. We don't have it too bad up here in Missouri for the illegal problems. Then again, Tyson isn't operating up here near as much and that eliminated a great deal of the attraction. Of course, Oklahoma laws are also real harsh for illegals and that helps. That's quite a number for Arizona though. Now I'd say the 10's of millions Sheriff Joe's downright aggressive stance about illegals costs is just a drop in an ocean to the figure of what the overall issue costs Arizona as a whole.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added Map and Estimated Cost Numbers of Illegal Immigration Issues

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

do you have figures for regarding the benefit to companies that utilize the cheap labor?
or figures regarding the increase in tax revenue if these people were given legal status?
edit on 2-8-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Well personally, I figure they can have legal status when they reapply, from the rear of the line, and start that from their home nation. Living there.

I also don't have handy the figures for what are called 'remittances where the last I did look years ago, it had been a truly breathtaking figure being sent OUT of the nation. That is really rough when what is in a limited economy to be paid out isn't even spent back inside our nation. The costs and figures cut both ways and these are criminals, outright and simply. Hence, illegal. I'd expect treatment no better or different if I'd chosen to live under the radar and outside the legal system of another nation. In fact, in MOST of the world I'd never get transport back to my own nation...I'd be lucky not to do prison time. As one noted, Mexico is downright brutal by comparison to anything Sheriff Joe has ever done in handling illegals they catch coming from south of THEM.

As it happens there are pretty vocal segments of the immigrant community and I mean the ones who busted their humps like suckers to do it the legal way, who are just as opinionated as I am about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
It's hilarious that the Joe's fanboys only lines are "you must be criminal/liberal/illegal alien!" and at the same time people who aren't his fans provide sources and links about his rampant abuse of power. Comedy gold.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Thanks for posting that chart proving what a bunch of whiny noise makers people in the south are.
Up here in the North, it is costing my state way more than it costs Arizona.
So, AZ maybe needs to stop whining so much and shut the hell up?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I'm sorry but I simply haven't seen anything funny about the core question of whether we are a nation of laws or not. That really is what everything comes down to and it's as simple as it gets. If the law sucks, change it. Fine. I'll live with whatever becomes law of the land. However, the law hasn't changed and you can't undo the status of a criminal by snapping your fingers and 'making it so' as some in Government right now would seem to like to do.

If we're to be selective about what laws are and are not enforced, then lets start just succeeding states. I know at least 4 with economies capable of sustaining themselves and on International borders to sustain trade and none of the 4 have the attitude as a general way of life that laws are just a selective pick and choose kinda thing.

There is a process and if the population agrees with the position, it's a fairly easy process for getting new laws passed or existing ones changed, through congress. The last time that was attempted, polls ran around 85% against. Now in this climate, that isn't a shout. That is a deafening scream. But... Heck, try again. I'll live with whatever is passed as new law. Just don't ignore what IS law.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

and that makes a lot of sense
however i think it would be more beneficial for all parties involved for them to go through an accelerated registration process and be given legal status
they would have to be paid a legal wage which would increase competition and probably reduce the number of new immigrants coming here for work (unless they have a particular skill that makes them more suited to the job)
and be taxed like legal citizens and off set costs the government incurs from them living here (and realistically probably exceed those costs)
this would also help insure that money made here is spent here and not sent back to mexico because the family provider works here while the dependents remain across the border

that seems the most sensible and humane thing to do in my opinion

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I guess you are the exception that confirms the rule here. Yes people / immigrants should follow the laws. In US if we have seen anything is that if you have a position of authority you no longer are the same in the eyes of the law. Like here we have a sheriff who brakes laws continously. Because he has a badge he has gotten away with it.
I shall argue that a law abiding sheriff could be quite effective at enforcing laws.
edit on 2/8/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

You really raise some good points and the best way I can honestly address that for how I feel is to say this. When or if the border zone for the length of the land border (25 miles as I understood it in technical terms when I was trucking, on what the border zone means) is sealed as tightly as manpower freely supplied until the Border Patrol cries uncle and says they can't use any more people can get it, then maybe.. Maybe at that point, feelings wouldn't be quite as extreme. I don't know, but I can say nothing can really happen in any direction until the border is, in fact secure.

Right now even estimating is absurd. There is little to no control across huge areas of the border. Nothing like it takes to seal it. A good friend of mine is outside Tuscon and tells me since I got off the road a couple years ago, it's gotten a lot worse, Even then they had the signs warning people not to leave the interstate off areas of I-8 due to smuggling activity. I saw these signs with my own eyes. Human trafficking (Or migrant labor as some like to call it, it's BIG business to the cartels) is only one part of it. This map should give anyone pause:

Cartel saturation into U.S. Markets

So to topic on the thread, my support for Sheriff Joe as effective in enforcing the law follows the locals support in reelecting him since 1993. That's a LONG time to be a serving Sheriff in an elected office. Stunning really. The people who vote seem to like the guy, who am I to second guess the actual people electing him? It's a war down there though...literally on the other side of the border. Nothing can really start until we have actual control of immigration in a physical sense there, IMO.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

i disagree that he is effective in enforcing the law (perhaps hes good at enforcing specific immigration laws.... but he does so at great expense to liberty and tax payer)
he actually seems to have violated several laws himself
a lot of his support can be attributed to the fact that he is charismatic outspoken and knows which strings to pull so to speak
and of course you can second guess the people who voted him in just because you have more support than the opposition does not in fact mean you are right
you can respect their vote and still vehemently oppose their position

and it can be effectively argued that a lot of the violence in mexico and along the border can be attributed to policies and markets in the united states (as well as an extremely corrupt mexican government) but thats another topic entirely
edit on 2-8-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Thanks for posting that chart proving what a bunch of whiny noise makers people in the south are.

Do you have farmers on your borders being murdered by illegals? Or drugs and guns being brought in by the tons?Didn't think so.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sheriff Joe is a scumbag and needs to be taken down.

That being said, sometimes you do absolutely have to break the laws to do something good. You just have to be absolutely sure it is the right thing at the time and for the right reasons.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Oldtimer2

The only people that would call him a jerk or not support him (excluding the birther issue) are probably criminals. I can't see why any law abiding person would dislike him.
that is absolutely hilarious considering the multiplt CONSTITUTIONAL violations this man has commited.

Course, plenty of germans had no issue with hitler, either...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Do you have farmers on your borders being murdered by illegals? Or drugs and guns being brought in by the tons?Didn't think so.

Apparently moreso than Arizona.
You tell me why it is costing us so much more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join