It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains of Jews Massacred on Temple Mount Found?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
No original copies of the Annals exist and the surviving copies of Tacitus' works derive from two principal manuscripts, known as the Medicean manuscripts, written in Latin, which are held in the Laurentian Library in Florence, Italy.[13] It is the second Medicean manuscript, 11th century and from the Benedictine abbey at Monte Cassino, which is the oldest surviving copy of the passage describing Christians.[14] Scholars generally agree that these copies were written at Monte Cassino and the end of the document refers to Abbas Raynaldus cu... who was most probably one of the two abbots of that name at the abbey during that period.[14]

en.wikipedia.org...

About as reliably accurate as that NT.

Originally posted by peck420

Originally posted by rootbranch2012
The question was what is your source of your claim that the *Romans massacred Xtians*. Are you citing wikianswers as your source? Just so we're clear. No historical evidence. No archeological findings. No ancient documents. Wiki-Answers. And they don't cite their sources either. OK. Cool. Thanks.

Go read Annals by Tacitus if you actually believe there was no documented evidence of Roman persecution of Christians.

Christians were persecuted just as much as every other religion that wouldn't bend their will to Rome.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You mean like you just did, now?

reply to post by kingofmd

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If that's a crime scene, the whole world is a crimes scene then.

Originally posted by XeroOne

Originally posted by daaskapital
Cool

I wonder why the IAA sealed it off...?
edit on 30-7-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

It's a crime scene, obviously. The police will be making enquiries, no doubt.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

If that's a crime scene, the whole world is a crimes scene then.

Originally posted by XeroOne

Originally posted by daaskapital
Cool

I wonder why the IAA sealed it off...?
edit on 30-7-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

It's a crime scene, obviously. The police will be making enquiries, no doubt.

It was a joke. I'm wondering where Mitt 'Senator Shreddy' Romney fits into all this. He was in Israel recently.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rootbranch2012

That would make it as reliable as approx 90% of our 'ancient texts'.

I have some shocking news for you, most books don't survive 1800+ years.

As for the accuracy of Tacitus' account, his major details have been proven multiple times by archaeologists. However, I would take his personal accounts with a grain of salt. He was just as much a politician as those he writes about.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Okey dokey. Check out the fact that every number and Hebrew letter is significant and are embedded and embroidered into the fabric of the Teachings of Moses.
So, it's more than *loving a number* - the number 6 has mystical and historical significance and Jews are a people connected to both - whether it be 6 days of Creation, 600,000 witnesses at Sinai, 1/60th as measurement or 6 as the numerical value of Vav - one of the letters in YHVH etc.

reply to post by Vitruvian

Are you saying that their 6000000 death count is based on mysticism and NOT fact?

The 6000000 dead is taught all over the world as FACT. Some countries even deem you a criminal and worthy of jail time if the number is questioned.

So we've been lied to for 67 years and counting?!

Ruh-roh!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Originally posted by Vitruvian

Originally posted by buster2010
People seem to forget that Christians were also slaughtered by the Romans as well. And how would DNA testing show the religion of these people? Not taking in the delusion of Jews being different from the rest of the human race of course.

DNA testing would not necessarliy exclude all those of Israeli origin, and it wouldn't necessarily include all Christians either since they were a diverse group: Palestinian - Greek - Roman - Arabs, and Moslems etc. DNA can track for racial characteristics such as "Semitic" etc...........Arabs and Palestinians for example.........include here Moors and those of African origin.
Seems to me that the Israeli's (read Zionist's) are much too quick to jump on this one and to be claiming it as "their own." There is NO evidence for that at the present time.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: editing

What do Muslims or “Palestinians” have to do with Romans and the Temple?
Please open a history book and educate yourself on when Islam was created and when the second Temple was destroyed by the Romans. Jeeeez..........

Don't take people out of context to suit your own purposes! The post referred to DNA and blood lines and certain ancestral lines of the people living in the general region of the middle east at around the time of the early Christian era.

Moslems have a long history and presence in the entire are of the middle east - and semitic palestitians have been in the region since the beginning - NOT people such as Yasser Arafat or Louis Farrakhan. as you obviously seem to indicate. Please do some research before spouting off OK? Thank you

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I read that the jews were wiped out between 66-71 CE because they thought their messiah was returning so they basically sacrificed themselves, the Romans after killing most of them then annexed what was left into their state then the bible was rewritten in 70 CE but the Romans never took up the christian religion until constantine around 300 CE,
There are no records of Jesus but the first biblical prophet who lived 800 years before jesus Amos his documents still exist funny that hey, they adopted the gods of other religions to be saints so believers in other religions would follow christianity.
so that leaves the question who wrote the bible or did it not get written until 300 CE

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Unfailingly though, the Torah aka the Book of Life - the Book of Instruction has survived intact without ONE WORD MISSING OR CHANGED from the original Hebrew as it was given to Moses on Sinai - in 3,800 years. The NT on the other hand has 140,000 different variations (!!) countless changes and amendments - and who knows how many versions.

Originally posted by peck420

That would make it as reliable as approx 90% of our 'ancient texts'.

I have some shocking news for you, most books don't survive 1800+ years.

As for the accuracy of Tacitus' account, his major details have been proven multiple times by archaeologists. However, I would take his personal accounts with a grain of salt. He was just as much a politician as those he writes about.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Jeremiah 30:11

I am with you and will save you,' declares the LORD. 'Though I completely destroy all the nations among which I scatter you, I will not completely destroy you. I will discipline you but only with justice; I will not let you go entirely unpunished.'

Originally posted by jinni73
I read that the jews were wiped out between 66-71 CE because they thought their messiah was returning so they basically sacrificed themselves, the Romans after killing most of them then annexed what was left into their state then the bible was rewritten in 70 CE but the Romans never took up the christian religion until constantine around 300 CE,
There are no records of Jesus but the first biblical prophet who lived 800 years before jesus Amos his documents still exist funny that hey, they adopted the gods of other religions to be saints so believers in other religions would follow christianity.
so that leaves the question who wrote the bible or did it not get written until 300 CE

edit on 31-7-2012 by rootbranch2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
A Few Forgotten Facts

1. Israel became a nation in 1312 BCE, two thousand years before the rise of Islam.

2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.

3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BCE, the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.

4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 CE lasted no more than 22 years.

5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.

6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.

7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.

8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.

9. In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.

10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution, and slaughter.

11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the same.

12. Arab refugees were intentionally not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own people's lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.

13. The Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.

14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them.

15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.

16. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.

17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.

18. The UN was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.

19. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.

20. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like a policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.

THE TRUTH ABOUT THE PALESTENIAN PEOPLE - LEARN SOME HISTORY!

Originally posted by Vitruvian

Don't take people out of context to suit your own purposes! The post referred to DNA and blood lines and certain ancestral lines of the people living in the general region of the middle east at around the time of the early Christian era.

Moslems have a long history and presence in the entire are of the middle east - and semitic palestitians have been in the region since the beginning - NOT people such as Yasser Arafat or Louis Farrakhan. as you obviously seem to indicate. Please do some research before spouting off OK? Thank you

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I am saying that there are no coincidences and everything that happens in this world is mathematical. All thoughts, acts and deeds must tally in Judgment. If 6,000,000 Jews perished in the Holocaust, God, the Creator deemed that number to be EXACTLY the number that is required for Justice to be meted out. .

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

Are you saying that their 6000000 death count is based on mysticism and NOT fact?

The 6000000 dead is taught all over the world as FACT. Some countries even deem you a criminal and worthy of jail time if the number is questioned.

Ruh-roh!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Hey I know that photo in your avatar.
reply to post by gravitational

Yep, Life magazine 1967:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I am saying that there are no coincidences and everything that happens in this world is mathematical. All thoughts, acts and deeds must tally in Judgment. If 6,000,000 Jews perished in the Holocaust, God, the Creator deemed that number to be EXACTLY the number that is required for Justice to be meted out. .

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

Ruh-roh!

I speak of facts and evidence yet you carry on vomiting about mystical garbage.

Serves me right for attempting to hold a rational conversation with not only a religious fanatic, but an unrestrained zionist to boot.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
People seem to forget that Christians were also slaughtered by the Romans as well. And how would DNA testing show the religion of these people? Not taking in the delusion of Jews being different from the rest of the human race of course.

I think you will find that no Christians were in Jerusalem in AD 70 because they observed the signs that were prophecied and left in advance of Titus troops arriving outside the walls of Jerusalem.
edit on 31/7/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Were not talking about the roots of judaism. Were discussing the people living in Jerusalem in or about 70AD.
Those poeples who were considered followers of Christ were mainly the Messianic Jews. I concede there were some Romans Greeks etc.., but the vast majority were followers of the Jewish faith as practiced in or around 70AD. They simply believed that Jesus Christ was the Massiah predicted by so many of their prophets, bringing with Him a new covenant. These facts cannot be disputed. Bringing up the creation of the Jewish state, in this case, is just a smokescreen.

Your argument from Exodus 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before me." doesn't hold water because Christians believe that Jesus is in fact "God" who made Himself man, not a seperate entity. Our Creed says as much. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit. etc..." It's the Trinitarian formulation of the "One God", each is wholely and entirely God.

This argument was the basis of conflic within the Christian communitees from 150AD until it was finally resolved around 500AD. Very few communities still believe that they are seperate. The Binitarianism or Church of God, (one deity/two persons), The Unitarianism (one deity/one person), and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Godhead is a council of three deities, perfectly united in purpose and will, but separate and distinct).

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Oh yes they can. Simply they aren't true. Except in your fantasy.

Originally posted by palg1

They simply believed that Jesus Christ was the Massiah predicted by so many of their prophets, bringing with Him a new covenant. These facts cannot be disputed.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
With no disrespect but either you're high or delusional. In your fringe cult - if it all existed - which is still debatable since there are NO HISTORICAL RECORDS to prove there ever was such a cult - afaik it's all been a hoax - their numbers could be counted on 2 hands. Stop inflating the numbers.

reply to post by troubleshooter

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So basically, they found a mass grave and they really don't know who the bones belong to at this point. Everything else is simply speculation.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's not basically. But probably basically for someone who has no regard for their ancestors. If this is indeed a mass grave of Jews massacred, they will be brought to proper burial.

Originally posted by Kaploink
So basically, they found a mass grave and they really don't know who the bones belong to at this point. Everything else is simply speculation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join