It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains of Jews Massacred on Temple Mount Found?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
6000 Jews, 6000 Christians? If the dating brings this back to 70 AD (or so) than the difference between the two groups would be negligable as one is the offshoot of the other. They were in essence both the same culture with most "Christians" at the time were merely Jews who believed that the Massiah had come in the person of Jesus. No real differentiation can be had at that point genetically, religiously(ie: rites) or otherwise.

The remains would have to be dated around the 7th century or more recently to even consider them as Muslim.

Let us now wait and see.
edit on 30-7-2012 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
LOL. In other words, you ain't got nothing. I wanted to see how far you'd get with this.
Well, riddle me this? How is it that the Jews have so much documented historical evidence, data and numerous sources for historical findings that corroborate each other? And what is more astonishing is that even throughout all the Temple burnings, executions, persecutions, exiles, pogroms and inquisitions, including the BURNING of evidence - so much still remains?

Originally posted by TRGreer

Originally posted by buster2010
People seem to forget that Christians were also slaughtered by the Romans as well. And how would DNA testing show the religion of these people? Not taking in the delusion of Jews being different from the rest of the human race of course.

The Romans were Christians as well. I could post references but I'm thinking that this is pretty much well know historical fact and I really don't feel the need to prove what most people know.

edit on 30-7-2012 by rootbranch2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
One is NOT the offshoot of the other. Xtianity was created as a cult of personality separate from Judaism as a quick-fix to get to heaven, led by a magician.

Judaism had ZERO to do with Xianity until the Crusaders stormed Jerusalem and started torchings, maiming and raping everything in cite - in the *name of the lord*.

Originally posted by palg1*one is the offshoot of the other*

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rootbranch2012

You are wrong. Not a matter of opinion just fact. Christianity is, as I had stated, an offshoot of Judaism.
Look back at history (years 30 through 150) and prove to me that it is otherwise.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
These are the remains of Semite people, the ancestors of today's Palestinians. Nothing to do with the Ashkenazi who run Israel now. We can't super-impose our values on their society or speculate why they were there until more info is released.
edit on 30-7-2012 by abdel because: Spelt Ashkenazi wrong

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

People seem to forget that Christians were also slaughtered by the Romans as well. And how would DNA testing show the religion of these people? Not taking in the delusion of Jews being different from the rest of the human race of course.

The Romans were Christians as well. I could post references but I'm thinking that this is pretty much well know historical fact and I really don't feel the need to prove what most people know.

Later on into the Roman empire they were Christians. But in the beginning of the Roman empire they were pagans because they worshiped many Gods. The Roman empire lasted for quite a long time.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rootbranch2012
Can you provide historical references and sources for this?

People seem to forget that Christians were also slaughtered by the Romans as well..

How did Romans kill christians?

There is also evidence that the Emperor Nero, as a special event for his birthday, ordered many hundreds of Christians to be covered in tar (pitch), crucified, and burned before they died, the pitch turning them into long-lasting human torches. They were then used to light up his palace gardens as outdoor lighting for his birthday party. Finally, if a Christian was also a Roman citizen (such as the case of St Paul), he or she was frequently given mercy in the form of a swift death by beheading by sword. However, these 'mercy killings' were few and far between as they did not create such a macabre and gory spectacle and thus were not deened 'entertaining' by a bloodthirsty society such as the Romans were. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Nero was the best thing for Christians for every one he kill two popped up in his place.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Cornelius the Centurion converted to Christianity - other than that ....Very very few Romans were CX's..

Of course, we speak here of the early Christian period NOT at around the tme of Constantine. By that time Christianity had taken a strong foothold throughout the entire region to eventually become the official state religion under Emperor Constantine.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: editing

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What you said was: *the difference between the two groups would be negligable as one is the offshoot of the other*
For the record and for those just joining now - Judaism was established as a monotheistic religion 2,000 years before the cult of Xtianity which is based on idolatry - worshiping a mangod. To get people into this cult, they took the basic teachings of Judaism in the Torah. A lot of people are gullible and they bought this *new* testament with an idol as their god, even though God, the Creator says specifically in the ORIGINAL text of the Torah - Exodus 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before me.

Till this very moment, your ilk is trying to twist things around to suit your agendas.

Originally posted by palg1

You are wrong. Not a matter of opinion just fact. Christianity is, as I had stated, an offshoot of Judaism.
Look back at history (years 30 through 150) and prove to me that it is otherwise.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The question was what is your source of your claim that the *Romans massacred Xtians*. Are you citing wikianswers as your source? Just so we're clear. No historical evidence. No archeological findings. No ancient documents. Wiki-Answers. And they don't cite their sources either. OK. Cool. Thanks.

Can you provide historical references and sources for this?

People seem to forget that Christians were also slaughtered by the Romans as well..

How did Romans kill christians?

There is also evidence that the Emperor Nero, as a special event for his birthday, ordered many hundreds of Christians to be covered in tar (pitch), crucified, and burned before they died, the pitch turning them into long-lasting human torches. They were then used to light up his palace gardens as outdoor lighting for his birthday party. Finally, if a Christian was also a Roman citizen (such as the case of St Paul), he or she was frequently given mercy in the form of a swift death by beheading by sword. However, these 'mercy killings' were few and far between as they did not create such a macabre and gory spectacle and thus were not deened 'entertaining' by a bloodthirsty society such as the Romans were. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Nero was the best thing for Christians for every one he kill two popped up in his place.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Semites are divided into 2 groups - Ishmael and Isaac.
The DNA would PARTIALLY be similar due to the father - but since Judaism is determined by the mother, there would be significant differences between them.

Some NOTEWORTHY background on Sephardic and Ashkenazi DNA - chronicle.com...

And just as a side note - many of these quasi *Palestenians* are actually Jewish.

Originally posted by abdel
These are the remains of Semite people, the ancestors of today's Palestinians. Nothing to do with the Ashkenazi who run Israel now. We can't super-impose our values on their society or speculate why they were there until more info is released.
edit on 30-7-2012 by abdel because: Spelt Ashkenazi wrong

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

DNA testing would not necessarliy exclude all those of Israeli origin, and it wouldn't necessarily include all Christians either since they were a diverse group: Palestinian - Greek - Roman - Arabs, and Moslems etc. DNA can track for racial characteristics such as "Semitic" etc...........Arabs and Palestinians for example.........include here Moors and those of African origin.

Seems to me that the Israeli's (read Zionist's) are much too quick to jump on this one and to be claiming it as "their own." There is NO evidence for that at the present time.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: editing

What do Muslims or “Palestinians” have to do with Romans and the Temple?
Please open a history book and educate yourself on when Islam was created and when the second Temple was destroyed by the Romans. Jeeeez..........

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hey I know that photo in your avatar.
reply to post by gravitational

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Remains of Jews Massacred on Temple Mount Found?

Journalist shows video of mass grave just outside eastern wall of Temple Mount.
By Gil Ronen
First Publish: 7/30/2012, 1:38 PM

The remains of thousands of Jews massacred by the Romans on the Temple Mount during the destruction of the Second Temple may have been uncovered, according to veteran archaeological journalist Benny Liss.

According to daily newspaper Israel HaYom, Liss screened a video clearly showing thousands of human skeletons in what appears to be a mass grave.

ARTICLE SOURCE
edit on 30-7-2012 by rootbranch2012 because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread
edit on 7/30/2012 by Mirthful Me because: Removed excessive external quote, EX Tags added...

Thanks for posting, very interesting, to the naysayers, heaven forbid the accounts by Josephus Flavius are true, before you all started re writing history.

Archeological evidence has proven many biblical accounts true.

But the best way to wipe out a culture is to decide they never existed in the first place.

The nation of Israel began to take shape around 1200BC
Persian period,
Greek and Hasmonean period,
Roman and Byzantine period,

Maybe a good place to start would be the Pre-Israelite culture.

edit on 103131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
How is it the every civilization or peoples deserves a past but not Israel?

The Merneptah Stele, names the people of Israel during the reign of Merneptah (1213-1203).

edit on 113131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Because if Judaism is validated, that means everything both Xtianity and Islam were founded on were lies. It would be the end of their tyranny, the very end of the Blame Games and the moment of truth facing God almighty for all they'd done against the Jews would come - aka Judgment Day. Who wants that when they can keep the facade going just a little longer?

reply to post by Stormdancer777

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The question was what is your source of your claim that the *Romans massacred Xtians*. Are you citing wikianswers as your source? Just so we're clear. No historical evidence. No archeological findings. No ancient documents. Wiki-Answers. And they don't cite their sources either. OK. Cool. Thanks.

Go read Annals by Tacitus if you actually believe there was no documented evidence of Roman persecution of Christians.

Christians were persecuted just as much as every other religion that wouldn't bend their will to Rome.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Way to take over a thread and add absolutely nothing to the discusion.
(be sure to read my signature, I think it applies even if you don't "believe" it's true)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Cool

I wonder why the IAA sealed it off...?
edit on 30-7-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

It's a crime scene, obviously. The police will be making enquiries, no doubt.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Should I back it up with sources like youtube?

Christianity In The Roman Empire.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join