It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boardable Robots Are Here!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
oh god I need one of them. with mods.

Right to bare arms? no!
Right to bare Kuratas! with real guns and titanium armer.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

I have see stuff like this in Japan for some time.
it is real. but just cheap plastick and moters.
if you have lots of money you can do any thing.

they do them for films all the time.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Excuse me, I have...Something in my eye....Pardon...
*tear*

This is amazing
If its street legal, I wonder the lulz people will have looking at a weapons armament walker moving in front of them,

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
My nerdgasm knows no bounds.
Thanks for the share.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Masamune shirows appleseed / ghost in the shell is looking more and more likley a possible future now !

amazing mecha !

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Just a minor political correction. "Japs" was used in WW2 as a derogatory slang for the enemy. There is no need to refer to them that way. Thank you

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Are you Japanese? If not, then it is this type of political correctness that ruins all the actual meaningful attempts at political correctness.

It was obvious the OP meant that term in an endearing way, and I cannot imagine any Japanese person that would be offended by it, yet we have well-meaning do-gooders that are more than willing to jump up and be offended on their behalf?

Its only racist if the intent is racist. That isn't the case here.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'd be much more impressed with this mecha if they had started with something like the springwalker and built from there. But then you'd have something small and compact and CHEAP enough that nearly anyone could afford it, and what fun would that be?

Springwalker
Heck I still firmly believe that you could build something very militarily useful on the springwalker chassis that would multiple the combat power of your average squad by 20 or 30 times. Imagine if instead of one guy lugging a 240 bravo you instead had one guy in a powered uparmored springwalker suit with a 4 pack of 70mm hydras on the left shoulder and a magazine fed 60 mm mortar on it's back. Or any number of other weapon combinations you could mount on a light suit that was designed right.

But Don't expect to see anything like this come out of lockheed any time soon. They're making way too much money experimenting with full body suits that even if they manage to perfect will cost too much to field in any significant number.

The big defense contractors and the big government offices they cater to need a major wake up call, otherwise our enemies will develop capabilities we don't have and can't afford even if we can somehow back engineer them with our ridiculous defense conglomerates at the helm.
edit on 31-7-2012 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by FlySolo

It was obvious the OP meant that term in an endearing way, and I cannot imagine any Japanese person that would be offended by it, yet we have well-meaning do-gooders that are more than willing to jump up and be offended on their behalf?

Its only racist if the intent is racist. That isn't the case here.

Well-meaning do-gooders? wtf is that supposed to mean? And also, what difference does it make if I'm Japanese or not? If I am then it's offensive, but if not then, well it's ok? Go pound dirt. Let me remind you Neo was the one who made the Hitler thread that got trashed for obvious reasons so perhaps he hasn't been reminded that the term he used is not politically correct. Anymore. Chotto nihongo hanashimasu for your information. Baka!!

So it seems I'm not the only one who thinks this Funny how I already learned this from social interaction but you need a wiki.
Link

it is this type of political correctness that ruins all the actual meaningful attempts at political correctness.

This thing you said makes no sense what-so-ever.
edit on 31-7-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Hmm... I think you're right about the 'Japs' thing, using abbreviated form is the same as using 'paki' to describe someone from Pakistan.... It has become offensive through it's use.... However, I don't think the OP intended any offence and perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Also, I do think that it's sometimes difficult these days to know what you can and can't say, lots of words have become offensive, to the point where people sometimes feel afraid to speak in case they say something that upsets people.. For example; I have met a wide range of black people (I hate that term but, kind of proving my point I don't know what term is acceptable) that would find the description 'black' unacceptable, but also those who would find 'person of colour', 'Afro-Caribbean' etc equally offensive.... Often there's no need to use these terms at all and we ought to be defining people as individuals and not by skin colour, however, there are times when you may need to use one of these terms to say, give a description of an individual's appearance, and that's when you run into problems.... Please don't take this to mean that I think 'black people' (or anyone else) are being over-sensitive or anything, I think it's important that we recognise the implications of the things we say and the impact our words can have...... I think there's a fine line between free speech and consideration of other's sensibilities.....

OT: i've had a look around and I can't find anything confirming that this is real or if it's fake... No one seems to know... Perhaps we might have to wait (as someone else suggested) for a review video or for a report of someone actually buying and owning one of these things....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

I don't believe the OP used that term deliberately. This is why I corrected him politely. It's the other fellow''s defense of this ignorance I found offensive more so. Discussion over. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I think that it is offensive to call a japanese person a jap , also a chinese person a chink!

But in no way is it offensive to call someone from pakistan a paki ! the name means land of the pakis
same as afghans , tajiks, uzbeks so on and so forth !

Scotland, England , Ireland ! cmon thats obvious , but its considered offensive , because its not socially correct to call a japanese person a jap , politcal correctness can do one !

would they be offended if you called them a sun ? since they come from the land of the rising sun?

Im off on a tangent

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
I think that it is offensive to call a japanese person a jap , also a chinese person a chink!

But in no way is it offensive to call someone from pakistan a paki ! the name means land of the pakis
same as afghans , tajiks, uzbeks so on and so forth !

Scotland, England , Ireland ! cmon thats obvious , but its considered offensive , because its not socially correct to call a japanese person a jap , politcal correctness can do one !

would they be offended if you called them a sun ? since they come from the land of the rising sun?

Im off on a tangent

Hey, I'm not having a go at you but, do you live in England? Here in the uk it is deemed very offensive to refer to someone from Pakistan as a 'paki'. It's the sort of thing I could lose my job over in a flash... I understand your point but, through the use of the word it has become offensive, at least here in the uk....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
To get this thread back on topic .... what would you guys do differently if this was your design?

I mean it's pretty cool and all but hey we can dream right?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
on the plus side, for an extra $60 you can get a cup holder installed. so u wont spill your coke whilst spraying the street with bb's

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I'd coat my mech with an emp proof carcass and emp tech for offensive capabilities.. imo the best defence and weapon at the same time against all technology currently available.. ;-)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join