It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boardable Robots Are Here!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
killer robots the future

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
when the woman smiled for shooting. it made me smile then laugh... smile is shooting. missle for laugh!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Some live weapons like tear gas grenade launcher and substitute .22s for the BB gun and it would be a great crowd control device.

Have to put one on the wish list.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime
killer robots the future

That's why i'm not excited to see these things so early on...
edit on 29-7-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
Some live weapons like tear gas grenade launcher and substitute .22s for the BB gun and it would be a great crowd control device.

Have to put one on the wish list.

Yeah that will perfect for when we want to legally protest something and they disperse us with robots.

What is wrong with you people???

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Just found this and my jaw literally dropped to the floor. This is beyond cool.

This is the Kuratas, a boardable robot, fully customizable that is available for anyone to buy. It comes complete with weapon systems like a minigun and a rocket launcher(non deadly for civilian use). It is mass produced by a japanese company and selling worldwide. And it looks AWESOME!

And here is the tutorial for would be buyers.

Of course, it costs a fortune, and is made in Japan by Suidobasho Heavy Industries. Crazy awesome japs, eh?

edit on 29-7-2012 by NeoVain because: add pic

All I see is a neat over priced oven.

Depending on how " Human " the controls are, I really don't see much use to this. In fact I see many advantages an average foot soldier or even civilian has over this.

I'm impressed they went with the more stable 4 legs with wheels then two walking limbs. How ever, disable a limb and it will be off balance or do circles. How do you do that? well I'll tell you, drive a car into it from the side. RPG to the limb, actually RPG anywhere and this thing will probably be toast. I don't think there is enough armor there to stop 50 cal rounds from damaging some vital mobility or processing controls let alone the " pilot. "

I see nothing more here than an overpriced Airsoft toy for Rich Japanese business men. BB gatling guns, Water bottle launchers. What the hell guys. I understand these could be replaced with real tech but This, VS an Abrahams ? The crew will laugh themselves to death. # a Bradley could rape this thing, god even an Iraqi T34 could rape this things. How will it handle a curb? Off road? We see it zipping down the street at a slow-medium pace but really? Really? With a price tag like that we're better off giving our boys walmart specials, than putting them in a robot-oven-coffin. Molotov the thing and the poor bastard will be roasted and trapped for good.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Wow omg the Japanese people are finally trying to bring us into the age of mechs.

I get the feeling it wont be too long before we actually see battles being fought with these machines just like in anime!

God damn that is the coolest thing I've ever seen...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Dude it may not be perfect but we have to start some where. These are still essentially prototype models, the first of their kind. It wont take too long before we have highly agile versions with strong armour and advanced computer systems.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

I agree.

The first thing I thought was...."one SAS soldier would take that out without breaking a sweet".

Far too expensive for governments.

Not agile enough for military/combat.

The only real use - IMHO - I can see for it is as a toy for rich.

Uber cool...but impractical.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

depends on development.. if it can be armoured well enough than it could very much be a walking tank.

perhaps they could call it metal gear

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Metal Gear.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Wow I can't believe that. Then again I can. Just a matter of time before your local Police Dept. has them as well.

Looks just like the Boxguard from Deus Ex: Revolutions. Tbh it kinda sent a chill down my spine

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Take note disney...I can see your next amusement attraction right here...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaSynthesis
Metal Gear.

edit on 29-7-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

You do understand they didn't build this with real-life war in mind? It was meant for civilians. And come on! An RPG to ANYTHING will do a ton of damage. This thing looks like it could be put to good use as some advanced war mecha.

If I had the cash to spare I'd save one and mod it for when shtf, but it looks way more practical being used on the battlefield.

Really? With a price tag like that we're better off giving our boys walmart specials, than putting them in a robot-oven-coffin. Molotov the thing and the poor bastard will be roasted and trapped for good.

Again, I think you completely missed the part where it states it's for civilian use. Not tailored to some military jarhead who wants to kill a bunch of people in a giant robot.
edit on 29-7-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Nice try, but I do address it being an Airsoft toy for the rich. I was merely adding my thoughts to the posts prior to mine.

I do not see a real tech version of this having any useful applications our current fighting vehicles don't already have.

It's a death trap. 10km an hour with a diesel motor and no useful armour and it's a cumbersome piece of garbage. Sure it looks like a lot of Anime Geeks dreams, but it's no where near anything like them. It would make a better unmanned unit than piloted unit. There is a reason we haven't seen anything like this surface or become exposed, it isn't worth it. We get much further making light weight armor and integrated electronic systems make a better military unit than any bull# " Mech."

I'm fully aware this is a 1.5 million dollar rich toy, that was a dead given with the Western plastic surgery eyed white asian in skimpy shorts, fish nets, and a helmet made of foam. Sorry guys, Mechs have no place on the battlefield. They just won't do, to restrictive and in a world where one hit will ruin your day, you can't afford to be a slow moving tin can, and this unit if real wouldn't be much better than a jeep would. Only issue is this screams look at me, blow me up, where as a jeep is a little less conspicuous, and you can get in and out of it easier.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
And this is where the 1st Cylon War began.....

So, maybe one day we will have walking mechs...sweeeet..

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

give it some development time, cars started off travelling at around 10mph as well when they were introduced.. one day bipedal tanks could very much take over the role of standard tanks, although it also might not.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Like other posters posted, it's not meant for Combat, it's fullfilling Otacu's dreams of being a robot pilot.

Even the Japanese know that robots in combat are too cumbersome, they make a high sillouette target and an easy target for Anti-Tank guided missiles.

For a Mech/Robot etc to be an effective combat weapon it would have to be much more mobile than a tank but a HMMWV carrying TOWs already is alot more mobile.

Either that or it would have to be absolutely gigantic and armored like a battleship.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Cheesy song and bad CGI in the streets ?

or was that them really driving this thing around.

Either different camera they are using to film or mix of real and cgi.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join