It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boardable Robots Are Here!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Oh ok so comments mainly are awesome, well I DON'T THINK SO just killing machines yeah go kill everyone, evil *hit.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Just found this and my jaw literally dropped to the floor. This is beyond cool.

This is the Kuratas, a boardable robot, fully customizable that is available for anyone to buy. It comes complete with weapon systems like a minigun and a rocket launcher(non deadly for civilian use). It is mass produced by a japanese company and selling worldwide. And it looks AWESOME!

And here is the tutorial for would be buyers.

Of course, it costs a fortune, and is made in Japan by Suidobasho Heavy Industries. Crazy awesome japs, eh?

edit on 29-7-2012 by NeoVain because: add pic

That's all fine & dandy but when are P.K. Dicks "pleasure-model" replicants gonna come out?

But seriously, these are pretty amazing looking, I'll definitely share the links with my friends.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Maaaaan, I'd so PWN my airsoft field with that...
And screw that, I'm gonna so smoke a big fat stogie while driving in it!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Very cool!
looks almost like the GETH HUNTERS from Mass Effect

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
As per video...

"It is gasoline fueled and runs on a diesel engine."

I'd like to see that technology...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Not one person in this thread saw any possible use for industrial &/or scientific applications!

RLY?! NO ONE imagined power lifter claws on this badboy, fighting the queen?

NO ONE pictured variants of this tooling around the Mars surface, taking samples and video of Hoagland's temple complex?!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

You guys don't all have one of these already?

Hell, after Avatar, RealSteel, Mythbusters, the Robot wars, Bruce Wayne, and the Colorado shootings, I went out to my garage, tore up my old lawnmowers, bought a role of carbon fiber, Kevlar, and 5 gallons SiO2, Downloaded some pics of the "Cheetah Legs" from the Olympics, the "Dragon-Scale" armor the US Army rejected, took apart my LED, Solar-powered yard lights, and next thing you know I was driving one of these things to work.

OK, not really, but I do have the sketches at home!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
ahhhhhhhhhh
+

O crap

I wish I had lots of money for times like this..

You just ruined my kids education fund....JK

Damn it you ruined ME.

I will never be the same untill I have one...God damn it.

This is the coolest thing I have seen thus far......damn it.

How cool would a theme park with these things be. Paint ball robo-tech suits for the weekends....

GOD DAMN IT I WANT MONEY TO BUY ONE,,,,,,,damn it.

edit on 30-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It's definitely cool but seemingly very impractical in a battle situation unless you had them fully automated because it seems like they would be easy to take out.. just knock them over.. ram a car into one at high speed ..

I don't think we'll find mechs like this in our future for war applications, but they could be practical in things like construction.. When it comes to war time I think we'll see a focus on air superiority like as is already the trend.. Drones! You would only see "mechs" in the form of purely automated and mobile systems probably on tank treds and operated remotely .. =) just my thought ..

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by Ilyich

You do understand they didn't build this with real-life war in mind? It was meant for civilians. And come on! An RPG to ANYTHING will do a ton of damage. This thing looks like it could be put to good use as some advanced war mecha.

If I had the cash to spare I'd save one and mod it for when shtf, but it looks way more practical being used on the battlefield.

Really? With a price tag like that we're better off giving our boys walmart specials, than putting them in a robot-oven-coffin. Molotov the thing and the poor bastard will be roasted and trapped for good.

Again, I think you completely missed the part where it states it's for civilian use. Not tailored to some military jarhead who wants to kill a bunch of people in a giant robot.
edit on 29-7-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

Ok maybe sci-fi movies/games have warped my mind a bit, but I don't think they are meant just for civilians. How many civilians you know that need gatling guns and rocket launchers? Of course I can see variants being used by civilians maybe as a glorified vacuum cleaner or to paint your house or something.

But I can also see it being used as security for government facilities, or even just offices or something. Tight corrodors, only place to hide is like behind a desk or something. Or even police using them to patrol gang-infested neighborhoods. Could you imagine a shoot-out between bloods and crips and then rolling down the street comes a gatling gun wielding machine on wheels? I don't think many people would have a rocket or grenade handy to lob at it. It would be a very intimidating thing to see.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
Not one person in this thread saw any possible use for industrial &/or scientific applications!

RLY?! NO ONE imagined power lifter claws on this badboy, fighting the queen?

NO ONE pictured variants of this tooling around the Mars surface, taking samples and video of Hoagland's temple complex?!

I was late to the thread but honestly those are the only practical uses I can think for this.. As weapons of war I think hey would be a step backwards rather than forward.. they don't bring much to the table in a situation like that.. they would be more of a hindrance... I'd rather have a tank =) maybe one of those walking beside the rank remotely controlled.. but I still think they'd get taken out too easily..

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Lockheed has developed fully functional exoskeletons for the US army mechanized units

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Unless they were made airborne. I could see it being used in combat as support for light infantry.

Maybe heavy machine gun or anti air missile system that can defend itself, reposition in a blink, and operate in an urban environment. If it had minimal lift capabilities you could use it to scout terrain that armored units could not. Also it could be used for mine and bomb disposal.

If it had powerful lift capabilities it would be ideal for a metropolitan city like London for example, with its tall buildings. Instead of fixed missile systems, you could have half the amount of these things with anti air systems either incorporated or carried. You could simply rotate or patrol adjacent roof tops of a particular area making it less likely that any attack can prepare for their exact position.

They would be hard to hit with a car if they operated like a helicopter. Throw in some nice stealth tech materials or electronic warfare systems, and you are one badass robot.

are´nt we looking for dynamic and variable force multipliers? Well, here is one possibility that can be refitted for many purposes in a support role.
edit on 30-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

yeah that was my obsession before this. Still cool and more practical IMO.

It could be more easily adapted for civilian use.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

ow wow thats gundamlike

if im ever going to be a milionair imma buy me one
(got some nasty neighbours
)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by NeoVain

Cheesy song and bad CGI in the streets ?

or was that them really driving this thing around.

Either different camera they are using to film or mix of real and cgi.

Yeah, I couldn't tell if that was fake or if it is just so bizarre that my brain makes me "see" it a little off.

There's things I have seen in front of my face that looked sooooo out of place that it didn't look real. I bet the people in the street seeing that thing roll past their cars were also thinking "Is that CGI?"

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
As per video...

"It is gasoline fueled and runs on a diesel engine."

I'd like to see that technology...

Missed that little tidbit, of course, I didn't watch the video, just the stills and the posts.

Those japanese folks are resourceful!
Putting gasoline into a diesel engine to run their robots, now that is something special. That's probably only for the Western Version though. Their Japanese version runs on solar power and lithium-ion.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Finally! Something I would feel safe in when driving in N.Y.C.Can't go wrong with a mini-gun,huh?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Not bad for the 1st try at making a human drivable robot with possible ammo functionality. Wonder if the US Government is going to order these with REAL rounds instead of bb's and REAL ROCKETS instead of water darts.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wants one

I also want one of these Santa

I know it's oldschool but still a classic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join