It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boardable Robots Are Here!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
imagine these on a paintball field? The owner would make a FORTUNE setting up Mechwarrior paintball games

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
imagine these on a paintball field? The owner would make a FORTUNE setting up Mechwarrior paintball games

They would have to have "kill spots" on it with a health gauge or something. Like maybe a large target on the back and a small on in front. So, if you hit the large one 8 times or the small one 4 times, maybe it would be disabled.

Yeah... future paintball sounds rad.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Mechwarrior here we come!!!

Oh by the way, the new mechwarrior game "mechwarrior online" starts open beta testing in August

That mech is totaly cool!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That thing's cool. Be scary if it was armed with actual weapons and self piloting. Kind of like one of the things on Robocop.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by viperdave

Oh heck yeah!
I remember playing one of the first mech warrior games on my c64 I think....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yeah sure.....Here is the newer model coming in december. I'm sure it will put a lot of happy faces on all the kiddos....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You know,msome smart investor would buy like 4 of these and setup a field like a small city, and charge like 50 bucks or so for an hour of mech time, he'd make A bundle

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Looks very similar to the man-operated-robots on Avatar.

I wonder who borrowed from whom?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Notadisinfoagent

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by Ilyich

You do understand they didn't build this with real-life war in mind? It was meant for civilians. And come on! An RPG to ANYTHING will do a ton of damage. This thing looks like it could be put to good use as some advanced war mecha.

If I had the cash to spare I'd save one and mod it for when shtf, but it looks way more practical being used on the battlefield.

Really? With a price tag like that we're better off giving our boys walmart specials, than putting them in a robot-oven-coffin. Molotov the thing and the poor bastard will be roasted and trapped for good.

Again, I think you completely missed the part where it states it's for civilian use. Not tailored to some military jarhead who wants to kill a bunch of people in a giant robot.
edit on 29-7-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

Ok maybe sci-fi movies/games have warped my mind a bit, but I don't think they are meant just for civilians. How many civilians you know that need gatling guns and rocket launchers? Of course I can see variants being used by civilians maybe as a glorified vacuum cleaner or to paint your house or something.

But I can also see it being used as security for government facilities, or even just offices or something. Tight corrodors, only place to hide is like behind a desk or something. Or even police using them to patrol gang-infested neighborhoods. Could you imagine a shoot-out between bloods and crips and then rolling down the street comes a gatling gun wielding machine on wheels? I don't think many people would have a rocket or grenade handy to lob at it. It would be a very intimidating thing to see.

It isn't meant for battle. This thing would be destroyed in a flash, because it's a prototype + it's meant for people who always wanted to ride a mech like in anime and manga and other cartoons. Of course, with some modifications it would probably turn out to be the world's nightmare, and I think they should invest into this kind of tech.

I would love to see the finished model, altered by gov. military junkies into some huge battle mech. Who knows, they probably already have these posted all around underground military bases.

Of course, it would be scary to see these roll around your street commanding "You have no rights. Please put your hands up" and massacring a group of people Holocaust style with these, but that is science. It is frightening, but it's the greatest thing man is capable of.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sorry to be a party pooper guys but I'm calling fake on this.... The video is too cheesy to be real and "smile shot"? Seriously? I can't believe anyone here can actually believe that this is the real deal.... If it is then it's pretty incredible but.... I am HIGHLY doubtful...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milkflavour
Sorry to be a party pooper guys but I'm calling fake on this.... The video is too cheesy to be real and "smile shot"? Seriously? I can't believe anyone here can actually believe that this is the real deal.... If it is then it's pretty incredible but.... I am HIGHLY doubtful...

Yes, i agree.
Show me review video, or even better, a unboxing video.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

LOL at a million bucks a pop, not too many people are gonna buy em
Me, being the geek I am, if I had the money, I would have ordered mine the minute I saw it!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
first problem is they have a button outside that opens the cockpit . just walk up push the button . kill the driver. ..and i want one now with shaved buttons. my auto body guy can do it cheap.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

i would think key code or somehow lock it when youre inside

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

why have a button at all? for a million i want remote start, canopy open, and "save my running butt" mode . from my watch. voice activated. active camo. night vision

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Are you sure this is real ? Looks like a fake comedian AD.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

lol i wanty mine painted in either woodland camo or multicam

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Whoever drew up the blueprints for this & the weapons were playing WAY too much Armored Core

Especially the look of the pilebunker, pistol, launcher, etc...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
not coincidence that they release this ad today

Why? What is so significant about today (day of OP) that it is suspicious an ad for a robot from Japan came out?

Also - what the f is the point in these things? The movement is slow, the guns dont even work with real bullets? it just seems like a waste of a MILLION dollars. I would MUCH rather take that million, and invest it into something that will actually help the human race, some needy children from a 3rd world country, or people in my local community who need help to get back on their feet.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Why? What is so significant about today (day of OP) that it is suspicious an ad for a robot from Japan came out?

Also - what the f is the point in these things? The movement is slow, the guns dont even work with real bullets? it just seems like a waste of a MILLION dollars. I would MUCH rather take that million, and invest it into something that will actually help the human race, some needy children from a 3rd world country, or people in my local community who need help to get back on their feet.

I wish I could give you more than one star for your POV...there is honestly too many violent impulses from our species. This is coming from a guy who plays as many video games as anyone.

I wish more people could focus on helping thier fellow man more, and less on means of conquest & destruction.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join