It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boardable Robots Are Here!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Just found this and my jaw literally dropped to the floor. This is beyond cool.

This is the Kuratas, a boardable robot, fully customizable that is available for anyone to buy. It comes complete with weapon systems like a minigun and a rocket launcher(non deadly for civilian use). It is mass produced by a japanese company and selling worldwide. And it looks AWESOME!

And here is the tutorial for would be buyers.

Of course, it costs a fortune, and is made in Japan by Suidobasho Heavy Industries. Crazy awesome japs, eh?

edit on 29-7-2012 by NeoVain because: add pic

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
BB guns and water bottle rocket safe to human .. WTH
of course they will put real rocket and big bullets in those things
that ad is like a joke and yes it is very possible that the government has been building those thing for a while
not coincidence that they release this ad today
when she say be careful not to smile to much because it will trigger a automatic shooting spree
apparently when you smile .. the robot sense it and shoot has soon you smile .. WTH

really satiric ad

but damn i would like to drive one of those things

edit on 7/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
wonder if you could get one that could handle 50 cal rounds, one grin and whatever is infront of you is reduced to meat paste at 6,000 rounds a min

just needs rocket jump and a super large sword attachment and it could be a great deal of fun, just imagine a cop pulling you over and you point enough fire power to level a small town at him

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
and the website for the OP screenshot is suidobashijuko.jp...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
SANTA !!!!
BRING ME ONE !!!!

*squee with joy*

Sorry guys...im....overjoyed

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Skynet will take them over and thats why Terminator was made and 21.12.2012 it all comes together!

Cool thing though.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Thing is awesome, but sadly looks a tad ridiculous going down the street.

I hope it makes coffee.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I want one!

I can already think of so many "after market mods" that you could slap on this sucker.

Could make traveling through the rougher parts of the city a bit more peaceful...or ride one into a protest, and make the local authority types take a few seconds to think before they decide to go 3rd reich on the protesters.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Mechwarrior game came to fruition after all...

I'm not sure if I'm impressed or worried.

Actually this is a scary concept because all it takes is money to buy a warmachine.
Interesting times ahead...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm sure that military brass somewhere are gathered around one of these.

Watching the video, I had a vision of a toll booth person's face when one of these drives through and drops change in the bucket.
edit on 29-7-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
I want one!

I can already think of so many "after market mods" that you could slap on this sucker.

Could make traveling through the rougher parts of the city a bit more peaceful...or ride one into a protest, and make the local authority types take a few seconds to think before they decide to go 3rd reich on the protesters.

Indeed, every civilian should have one, and in a few years(when prices go down) maybe they will .

At least that would make the Government fear the people again, eh?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I really, really, really wanted one...but then 'from time to time it will hit the target'!!!

Now what's the point in that!

Still, give it a few more years in development, get those creases ironed out, I win the lottery (that I don't even play) and yeah, I'll definately want one.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Eco friendly and safe for humans (see if you can survive 6000 BB bullets p/m being shot at your head with automatic aiming). Just what you need on a killer robot with rocket launchers, 2 gatlin guns, etc.
And you shoot by smiling...

I think I'm going to buy one with full equipment and give the Elite a little visit, i'll be smiling a lot

I was going to say Peace, but... nvm

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
I really, really, really wanted one...but then 'from time to time it will hit the target'!!!

Now what's the point in that!

Still, give it a few more years in development, get those creases ironed out, I win the lottery (that I don't even play) and yeah, I'll definately want one.

There is nothing wrong with the targeting system. Or the bulletproof cockpit, carbon shield etc, they are all fully functional. This is the REAL deal. Of course they wouldn´t be able to put a real rocket launcher in since weapons like that is forbidden for civilians(all weapons are forbidden in japan), so they made these "modifiable" versions, if you know what i mean. Just a slight mod to the parts would make them able to shoot real bullets/rockets, of course this would be at your own peril. The dual mounted miniguns are already very accurate with the fully automated lock-on software, even though they only shoot BB bullets "as delivered".

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I was quoting from the instructional video...that is what it said...'from time to time it will hit the target'...don't get me wrong, I think it is a beautiful piece of tech and I wouldn't say no if someone was to give me one as a gift...but ya know...'from time to time'...
Made me giggle is all.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
reply to post by NeoVain

I was quoting from the instructional video...that is what it said...'from time to time it will hit the target'...don't get me wrong, I think it is a beautiful piece of tech and I wouldn't say no if someone was to give me one as a gift...but ya know...'from time to time'...
Made me giggle is all.

Yes, but that is mostly due to the amunition being used methinks

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Yes, but that is mostly due to the amunition being used methinks

Haha...but, personally, I do prefer none-lethal weapons...so what would you recommend I try...custard? Do you think a slightly thicker consistency would improve the accuracy?

edit on 29-7-2012 by Biliverdin because: lethal, not level doh!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

nice.. now waiting for the bipedal gundam models

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As awesome as Miniature Gundam's sound, Rule 34 Will and shall be applied. No exceptions

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
That... is frickin' awesome!

If I could get my hands on one of these (preferably with a paintball mod instead of bb's) I think the chavs in my area would be a lot more peaceful

Does anyone else think the "head" is loosely based on Mass Effect's Geth? Especially the "Pilotless Head" optional extra.

Kaidan

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join