It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ's Superderterministic, Cosmological, Magnum Opus.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Actually scripture puts John the Baptist's birth six months before Jesus. That brings up a few good points. The one born under the signs could have been John. He also escaped the killing of infants by Harod and of course he was doing the Lords work before Jesus.

Of course the painting would just be indicative of some secret knowledge that Da Vinci had but, of course that would mean that the bible is less than reliable.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Take a look at St. John in the Wilderness

Notice with his left hand he is pointing at the ground, or hell/Satan, and with his right hand he is pointing to his left. Him pointing to his left could mean 'other', or 'Satan is "other"'.

Also notice to the left of John, between him and the tree, it looks as though a deliberate dividing line was painted into the picture. What if it's a reference to the uneven landscape in the back ground of the Mona Lisa?

The Mona Lisa is suspected of being a self-portrait of Da Vinci himself, so maybe Mona Lisa is smiling because Da Vinci knows the truth, and that is that Jesus was the son of John the Baptist.

Again, this may be a stretch, but I see the connections.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The Mona Lisa is suspected of being a self-portrait of Da Vinci himself, so maybe Mona Lisa is smiling because Da Vinci knows the truth, and that is that Jesus was the son of John the Baptist.

I was just looking at that picture. Taking into account both paintings, I wouldn't say that it shows that he was the father of Jesus but that he was the way to heaven and the other was the way to hell or that he was working for god and the other was working for satan.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Or maybe John the Baptist was Jesus' older brother. The bible does state the two are related, but it doesn't go any deeper than that. If John is the older brother of Jesus, that means Jesus wasn't born from a virgin. If he wasn't born of a virgin, that calls into question his divinity.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Not with just 6 months between their births and his mother was Elisabeth who is said to be Mary's cousin. Still could have been the righteous heir to the throne.
edit on 12-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
St. John in the Wilderness is sometimes referred to as 'John the Baptist (with the attributes of Bacchus)'.

Who is Bacchus?

Bacchus is an ancient Roman god, synonymous with the Greek Dionysus. He is typically shown as the god of harvest, grapes, fertility and theater. Some darker traditions associate the god with madness, possibly due to his association with wine drinking and the resulting drunkenness.

In mythology, the god is believed to be the son of Jupiter, king of the gods, and the mortal woman Semele. Juno, the wife of Jupiter, was jealous over her husband’s affair, and convinced Semele to ask Jupiter to display himself in his true, godly form to prove who he was. Unfortunately, as a mortal, she could not bear the sight and died upon seeing him. Jupiter took the as yet-unborn Bacchus and sewed him onto his own thigh, thus leading the harvest god to be called twice born.

Link

Bacchus is the bastard child of the god Jupiter and the mortal woman Semele. This is a direct reference to the immaculate conception of Jesus.

Bacchus being a part of greek 'mythology' could point toward the virgin birth also being a myth.

It also states that Bacchus is the god of harvest, grapes, fertility, and theater. Why is theater thrown in there? It doesn't belong with the others. Theater is associated with a fabricated story. A sham so to speak.

The virgin birth was a work of theater because John was Mary's first born.
edit on 12-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

No-one knows exactly when Jesus or John were born, some say John was born in 5 BC while Jesus was born in 4 BC, that gives us at least 12 months to play around with.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Did you know Prince William is his own fifth cousin?

Just food for thought.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Luke 1:35-36 say:

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. 36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

So if we go by scripture he would have been 6 months older.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

What tone? I don't have a tone, I'm just saying why I disagree with your view of Jesus. Sorry if I somehow rubbed you the wrong way.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Clue or puzzle piece #1)

John the Baptist, by Leonardo daVinci

"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
~ Mathew 3:11

The next day John saw Jesus coming unto him, and said, "Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"
~ John 1:29

This picture painted by DV is showing us a very Light Skinned and European Faced John the Baptist....who like Jesus was most likely very Dark Skinned to the point of almost being fully Black. I always get a chuckle out of these paintings as have you ever seen the Color Of the Skin of People who Lived in these ancient areas today? It is a very strong SUN and just like the Ancient Egyptians...these people were very darkly pigmented in skin color.
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I read that as Elisabeth being 6 months pregnant before Jesus was conceptualized.

Also, it seems strange that they would throw Elisabeth and her baby into that verse for no apparent reason. Maybe Mary is her own cousin (as with Prince William) and she is six months pregnant with John the Baptist at this point?

Just throwing ideas out there.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Scripture goes on to say that Mary then went to visit Elisabeth and that she said "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb."

So according to scripture they are not the same and six months seems to be, if they both had normal gestations, the age difference between John and Jesus.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

If you want to follow scripture word for word, then Jesus was the messiah, not John.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Compare Luke 1:28 and Luke 1:42, it states both Mary and Elisabeth are blessed among women. Just a coincidence?

Luke 1:43
But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

I can read this verse one of two ways. The first is the obvious, she is saying Mary has come to her.

The other is a little less obvious, and that is she is the mother of the lord, just as a family heirloom, in the perspective of the heir, 'comes' to him.

Again, just throwing thoughts out there.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

If you want to follow scripture word for word, then Jesus was the messiah, not John.

I don't really want to follow scripture at all but if that is the topic then its literal form is one way to look at it. You could also read between the lines, find some hidden code, allow discrepancies due to human tampering or dismiss it altogether.

Of course my point was that John was born around the same time, was also a miracle, of the same family, survived Harod, so a little human tampering could easily have pushed him out of the limelight. I don't think it makes any difference, in the spirit of the OP, but it does place the basis of the OP in question.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I agree with the last part. My new opinion is that John the Baptist could have been the first born of Mary. Maybe John was supposed to be the messiah when he was born, but something came up in order to push him out of the limelight.

John is depicted as having feminine qualities by Da Vinci and there is speculation that Da Vinci was gay himself. With his painting of John the Baptist, he gave him a very similar face to Mona Lisa.

Since Mona Lisa is speculated to be a self-portrait of Da Vinci and he was speculated as being gay, him putting his face on John the Baptist could imply that he also was gay, which would explain the feminine qualities he gave him. It would also explain why you think Jesus was an impostor of John, because they removed John from the story and replaced him with his younger brother Jesus because he was gay.

Also, Jesus is stated as having four brothers and sisters, though the sisters are never named. One of the brothers names is James the Just, who was also an apostle to Jesus. There was another man named James, James the Great, who was the brother of another apostle named John, or St. John, the same one located to the left of Jesus in The Last Supper.

What if St. John the brother of James is actually John the Baptist, and since Jesus has a brother named James who was an apostle, maybe both James are a reference to the same person and they are both Jesus' brother.

If James is Jesus' brother and James is listed as being the brother of John, that would mean that John is also the brother of Jesus. The unnamed sisters could be a jab at Johns feminism, and they didn't name them because John is the unsung brother of Jesus, Mary's firstborn.

I know it's a bit convoluted, hopefully you will be able to follow it.

I may be stretching it a bit, I dunno.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I may be stretching it a bit, I dunno.

A bit, your a one person taffy factory. I follow though.

Anything is possible. That is what what conspiracy theories are about. First political position lost to a gay scandal? Well, probably not the first.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I love taffy.

I have a flexible mind and I guess that's how I can make these connections, but just because it may be stretching it doesn't mean it should be discounted.

It would not be the first and it will not be the last.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Jesus brothers names are James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon.

Jesus 12 apostles names are Simon Peter (renamed Peter), Andrew (Peter's brother), James (brother of John), John (brother of James), Philip (from the same place as Peter coincidentally), Bartholomew, Matthew, James (Jesus' brother), Jude, another Simon, and Judas.

Simon Peter and Simon the Zealot could be the same person, or Jesus' brother Simon. Andrew is Simon's brother, so he could be an unnamed brother of Jesus that was not mentioned in Mark 6:3.

Philip could also be another brother because he is from the same city as Peter. It's most likely just an acquaintance though, in my opinion.

James the Just and the other James could be the same person, meaning they are both Jesus' brother James. John is James brother, meaning he also could be Jesus' brother.

Jude and Judas could also be the same person, referring to Jesus' brother Judas.

Bartholomew and Matthew are probably friends or acquaintances.

Like I said, just throwing ideas out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join