It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ's Superderterministic, Cosmological, Magnum Opus.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Introduction

I've been doing quit a bit of research of late into what might be called the historical Jesus, following every clue, regardless of where it leads, and in the process I think I've discovered something quite extraordinary about Jesus' "modus operandi" in terms of precisely what he was up to, and why.

What makes this a religious conspiracy of sorts, is the degree to which the gospels both reveal AND hide in the form of "apocrypha" (meant, in the positive sense, to both reveal and hide), the hidden truth of Jesus' unique vision, mission and passion, and what was driving him to become who he was and to do what he did.

In the process of my quest in search of the truth (and to deny ignorance) I've come to a startling conclusion, or a series of them regarding the true nature, sent calling, and deep passion of the historical Jesus, a man behind the myth if you will, yet who, as a real life person and as the real deal is by far and by many many orders of magnitude even MORE intriging and compelling than the Jesus typically described by the "exoterica" of modern day Christendom and it's standard doctrine of salvation, which although a certainly workable interpretation don't get me wrong my fellow Christian brothers!, represents merely the "outer portico" of a much deeper wellspring of potential understanding and comprehension in relation to the Great Work or "Magnum Opus" of Jesus Christ ie: his ultimate agenda.

It was (and still is) an agenda, I've come to discover with no shortage of dismay and astonishment, that is at once both hidden and revealed, and one that is somehow decidedly persistent in terms of it's relevance to every generation even "from age to age". It is both very grave and very humorous in it's implications, and it plumbs both the depths of sorrow, suffering and despair AND the highest heights of a supreme triumph in joyful celebration and shared happiness, maybe even eternal bliss..? To borrow an analogy, because it spans the depth and breadth of the meaning and purpose of life and what it means to be fully human, it is not unlike a water laden camel who, having crossed the great desert of human history, came to thread the eye of the needle in search of the simplicity, on the far side of complexity.

To adequately share this journey with you, it is neccessary to reveal these truths in a piecemeal fashion, like clues in an investigation, some of which, upon discovery, may even be painful for some to consider, but all of which are most certainly revelatory, and many, utterly astonishing in their implications for both believer and sceptic alike. I cannot fully connect all the dots however, that's something that you the reader, will have to do, lest the greatest pearls of truth and wisdom ever told be thrown to swine only to be tread under foot by the hard hearted and the spiteful. If you are ready to re-investigate, free from any form of contemptuous bias prior to invesitgation, which is a surefire way to keep any man or woman in a state of everlasting ignorance (Herbert Spencer, Scientist), and are willing and open-minded, the dots will connect themselves and you may go "ah HA!" and "grok" to borrow a term from Robert Heinlein's "A Stranger in a Strange Land"'s central character, Michael Smith. If you are not open or willing, however, and approach this subject matter with all manner of accompanying baggage and negatively biased presupposition (as a standard reaction to all things considered "religious"), you won't see it, and what will be presented will simply not "compute".

That said, the sychophantic naysayer, and the self-professed "enlightened" atheists will surely surface and make their appearance, who's central strategy, as we shall see, MUST involve the removal of the historical Jesus from the equation - lest the meaning and significance of Jesus' words and actions, leading all the way up to the cross, and beyond, demand series consideration and contemplation. For you, unless you can summon a reasonable degree of willingness and open-mindedness, the content and eventual conclusions to be drawn therefrom will be largely incomprehensible, and so I therefore recommend that you don't even both reading any further or participating, unless you have something of value to contribute.

Let the path of investigation begin!.

What will follow, in subsequent posts, will be a series of clues, some in the form of pictures, threads on ATS, web article hyperlinks, movie clips, even songs, all of which will be presented like an artistic motif which will appear to become increasingly complex before it begins to simplify in a unified picture - of Jesus Christ's Superdeterministic, Cosmological, Magnum Opus.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Clue or puzzle piece #1)

John the Baptist, by Leonardo daVinci

"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
~ Mathew 3:11

The next day John saw Jesus coming unto him, and said, "Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"
~ John 1:29

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
#2) Nicodemus

reply to post by Biliverdin

I disagree. The Gospels indicate that Jesus held John The Baptist in the very highest regard ie: "there are none born of a woman greater than John", the only differentiation here being that Jesus, although of course also born of a woman considered himself re-born from above, not of the flesh, but of the spirit.

Nicodemus and Jesus - Reborn
go to 2:24 in the vid - segment runs to 5:35

Note catefully the subtle nuances (intentionally directed) in this exchange between Jesus and Nicodemus surrounding the issue of rebirth.

What does this represent?

Adoration of the Magi (Magi?)
by Sandro Botticelli, 1475-76

And I'm not referring here to The Medici family and friends, the connoisseurs of Renaissance art at the time.

www.paradoxplace.com...

Who is the bearded man, up top, beneath the ray of light breaking into the scene through the roof?

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

It should also be noted that Botticelli painted the painting with the intention of HIDING it, from anyone's sight, for a long time (on fear of severe persecution by the Church if it was discovered and viewed, and by "severe" persecution, we all know what that means). Why would such a gifted artist risk his very LIFE to paint a painting that no one would be able to SEE, rolled up and placed in hiding, for a period of well over at least 100 years, if I'm not mistaken, before it was discovered, and ah "brought to light". Why?

I think that people like da Vinci and Botticelli knew certain secrets that they wanted to preserve and convey in plain site, yet without getting themselves into too much trouble with the Roman Church, which offer us clues that are relevant to this thread.

edit on 28-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edited

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Introduction

It was (and still is) an agenda, I've come to discover with no shortage of dismay and astonishment, that is at once both hidden and revealed, and one that is somehow decidedly persistent in terms of it's relevance to every generation even "from age to age".

Good point(s)

Are there secrets given to man that are instructions to bring about a "cosmological" agenda?

Who or what was charged with upholding these hidden teachings/secrets through the generations to fulfil this agenda?

S&F

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

"The kingdom of heaven is like a storekeeper who brings forth from his storehouse both something old and something new."

Jesus understood that there's nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come, and it appears, very clearly, that it was he who sent it out, like a message in a bottle, to be opened by the first generation capable of understanding and decoding it, and that's OUR generation and THIS moment in history, as solipsistic as that may seem, but it get's even better and still more astounding, in my own experience, whereby, upon receipt of the message, we, the intended recipient, open it and then exclaim to our utter fascination, if not glee, when we see that it was and could only have been, intended, for none other than we ourselves, at this moment in history - "HOW DID HE KNOW?!"

Hang in there reader, you'll get the nature of this cosmic joke before we're through..

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 28-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edited

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have had this tab open for a little bit....so if i am bringing redundancy into the conversation, my apologies.

I notice in your OP that you sought the historical Jesus by searching "no matter where it led" you? Yes you also say you are a Christian. I love my Christian cousins, and find lots of value in the faith when practiced with a semblance of sanity (we all know "that guy" who is a little insane about it).

Did your studies bring you across the Piso allegations? If so, I am very interested in what your take on that data set is. If you have not seen it, I encourage you to study up on it, and if you wouldn't mind, submit your opinion when you are prepared.

With how well you wrote your OP, I really am looking forward to seeing what your thoughts on the Piso matter are.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So... what's the suggestion with the Botticelli work?

The site you've linked identifies the 'Magi', but not the man behind Mary.
Now, call me a kill joy, but Occam's Razor would suggest that this man is Joseph.

The visitation of the Magi is one of the few occasions where Joseph is actually present in Scripture - we hear nothing about him after the incident in Jerusalem (where Jesus was 12)...

I'm all for conspiracy theories, but I don't see where you're going with this particular image. Care to clarify?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If, like me, and I'm sure most ATS'rs, you're impatient to get to the heart of a largely unexplored mystery and try to solve the "conspiracy", here's a preview of what's to come, which will serve as a type of foundation stone for our subsequent investigation, one which will I am convinced prove this piece of the puzzle to be completely valid.

The Real Star of Bethlehem (part 1 of 7)

www.bethlehemstar.net...

Testimonials

"well-researched and reasonable"

Former Chief of Planetary Astronomy, NASA, and Technical Editor, Sky & Telescope magazine

"an interesting look... at the star... genuinely thought-provoking"

Christianity Today magazine

"models the scientific method at its best"

Distinguished Professor of Old Testament Studies, Dallas Theological Seminary

"wide-ranging and insightful scholarship"

Former Publisher and Editor, Scientific American magazine, and President, American Association for the Advancement of Science

"a convincing case...a mystery solved"

Former Director, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center

"This explanation of the Star is compelling..."

NASA's Chief Engineer for the Space Shuttle and the International Space Station, Director of the Columbia Shuttle Accident Task Force

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
So... what's the suggestion with the Botticelli work?

The "Magi" in this case, are the 12, so by Magi, Botticelli is referencing the 12 disciples, and "the adoration of the Magi", isn't that of the 12 towards the "baby Jesus" but of that elder man's adoration, of the 12.

He is Nicodemus, and this isn't REALLY about the birth scene, unless we're talking about a type of rebirth ie: a resurrection.. one capable of bringing about the fall of an empire (see the background).

Exoterically, of course this is about the birth scene, Magi from the east, and the man is Joseph, but that's not why Boticelli hid his painting for fear of persecution, nor the reason why Nicodemus came to a tragic end embroiled in controversy, and scandal.

edit on 28-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Re: Piso allegations. Never heard of it, but thanks and I'll look into it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Re: Piso allegations. Never heard of it, but thanks and I'll look into it.

I really do ask the question in all earnestness and honesty.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Toward the end of this post I make some points of note toward the existence of the "Piso Theory", which is a complete fabrication, dreamed up in the 1970s.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
from the OP of the thread Have you been Punk'd by God the Master conspirator?

Originally posted by troubleshooter

God's Conspiracy is to blindside the wise, learned, mighty and noble...
...and most of you have been punk'd.

God first said He would do this through His prophet Isaiah who wrote in the 8th century BC...

"...behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid." Isaiah 29:14

Paul quotes from Isaiah in his first letter to Corinth (one of the undisputed letters of Paul)...

"For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent (learned, intelligent). 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?" 1 Corinthians 1:19-20

He did it by turning the human notions of wisdom on its head...

"For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:" 1 Corinthians 1:26-28

God designed a way to reveal Himself that would be rejected by the world's best and brightest...
...and it is still blindsiding those who think they are special because of wealth, education or power.

How did God punk most of you?

He revealed Himself as a babe, conceived and born in scandal...
...as a man He healed the sick, sided with the oppressed and raised the dead...
...He opposed the religious and secular elite...
...who executed Him for telling them who He really was...
...but He then turned this corporate murder into a victory over death itself.

Paul said it like this...
"...the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God...the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

Your responses will reveal whether you have been punk'd by God or not.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
To develop an understanding, at least in part, of Jesus the master conspirator's modus operandi, in terms of his extraordinary ability to get ahead of the curve in anticipation of what was required to bring about his Magnum Opus, I encourage those who are interested to explore this thread.

The Woman @ The Well: How the Historical Jesus Performed a "Miracle" + Reflections.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

While daVinci's painting is indeed very funny, I don't think it captures the essense of what Jesus was intending, post-resurrection, which involved, I am convinced, an act of courage equal to what he was facing pre-crucifixion, which would involve the courage, to be happy, and to generate the domain of heavenly bliss and joy neccessary to "prepare a place" for his followers in this case, a heaven on earth (instead of ah.. beamed straight up). Furthermore, I don't think that Jesus did the actual planning by which he would "thread the needle", but instead "put it out there" ie: "there's something greater than Jonah here. Let all those with the ears to hear, hear" and allowed the causal effects of his workings, at all levels, to take care of the rest. In other words that he was entirely faithful and obediant unto death. For still further clarification on how this may have come about, or been brought about, and likely did (or something very close to it), this post I made I think explains the dynamic fairly well.

reply to post by jmdewey60

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NewAgeMan

. . . the bulk of the Gospels holds water and there is most assuredly a historical Jesus present in the midst of it all, it's unmistakable.
Paul said Jesus was resurrected, and that is the main thing and different Gospel writers can describe what they think happened when that fact was discovered and I don't think it is so defeating to their integrity that they don't match up. It could be there was an inclination to add some profundity to the telling that kind of goes over our heads today, not being in the same sort of cultural milieu as they were.
I think it is helpful to me to know that there are little hidden messages built in and to be open to finding them. I have been reading a couple authors who have spotted those things and I seek those out (in addition to the more mainstream sort of interpreters of course).

What, you don't think Jesus completed the whole ritual and finished what he started? Don't be absurd, it's no FUN without the resurrection, and it means everything. Did he totally die DIE? I don't care, all I know in examining the whole thing is that it was meaningful and that he knew what he was doing, and that he was obediant unto death. If his resurrection was "seeded" into the minds of people like Nocodemus and Joseph of Aramathea, or even a certain Roman soldier, that they came to recognize and understanding what he was doing, made it possible, makes no difference if Jesus was himself double-blind going into the ordeal, and suffer grievously he certainly did either way. I think he made it through by a mere thread, but that's just me. Nevertheless, the whole ritual as an enactment of an eternal evolutionary process of death and resurrection still functions, within the entire frame of prophecy, to a t (literally) That it was done in conjuction with the natural order also of the clockwork and the prophetic, communicative movement of the moon, the sun and the starry skies, well, let's just say it's the whole work, whether Jesus completely and utterly DIED and came back to life, or not!

Don't you see the marvel in it, in what he did, and why?

Read the passage involving the Road to Emmeus, and note how the resurrected Jesus, while still bearing physical wounds (now well on the mend), talked with his friends and explained everything to them, while employing the art of disguise, even asking for food when he was hungry, and you'll see. He made it! He went thorugh the eye of the needle, a "camel" or water bearer, across the desert of human history!

But he didn't know precisely HOW it was going to happen, until it happened, until he woke up naked, or bandaged, in that tomb, enough water to go three days, not even knowing until it happened how or who orchestrated it ie: he left it in God's hands. Mind you, upon awakening and realizing what happened, I'm sure he danced around in that tomb while praising God and shouted out, NICODEMUS! And laughing his ass off no doubt too!

And note the men in dazzling white, who the women encountered when they went to the tomb to treat the body as per custom, and what they said (no doubt there again either) with a very big smile..

When you consider the principal at the heart of it, it doesn't matter if there ARE any bones, because it's the kind of thing you just can't make any bones about!

edit on 30-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edited

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
For those with the capacity to fully "grok" what's being and will be presented in this thread, at some stage you're almost certain, upon realization, to go "ah HA!" and slap your hand down on the desk in front of you and laugh your tail off, at the genius and the wonderment of it all, and in appropriating the message sent, like a message in a bottle floated to us acrosss the centuries, you'll come to understand what is meant by the title of this thread, and it will blow your mind.

Just thought I'd warn you!

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 30-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
After the ordeal in Jerusalem, during what I'll call his "happy years", vacationing and travelling (more on that to follow) one wonders how the elder Jesus aka Issa (by some), might have celebrated the winter solstice.. (more on that as well)..

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Interlude

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Nice thread

be careful now!! im not talking about those who may cast stones your way,,,, but careful with your logic, perspectives, and emotions....

to me this is one of the only errors ive picked up on so far.........

"and that's OUR generation and THIS moment in history, as solipsistic as that may seem, but it get's even better and still more astounding, in my own experience, whereby, upon receipt of the message, we, the intended recipient, open it and then exclaim to our utter fascination, if not glee, when we see that it was and could only have been, intended, for none other than we ourselves, at this moment in history - "HOW DID HE KNOW?!" "

i am not denying that it may be our generation that takes head to a message similar or congruent to what jesus preached,,,,,,, but I dont think its relevant to say he knew it would be our generation,,, or he knew when in future time "this" moment would occur,,,,,

also about that video you posted,,, "hes my king" ,,,,, very awesome and strong and poetic and pretty cool,,.,,. but this is another problem i have with the perception of jesus.,..,.,., humans have always worshiped other humans,,,,, from egyptian kings,,, to mozart,,, to lady gaga,,, to babe ruth,,, to micheal jordan,, to bill gates,,,, to nietzche,,,,, to plato,,,,,, to george bush,,,,,, to obama,,,,,,,,, to jesus,,,,,,, to hitler,,,,,,,,
I think jesus is just another celebrity,,,,, however weighing the genius of his intellectual ability and clarity of insight and potential for humankind,, is a celebrity that is worthy of being admired and revered,,, perhaps even followed,,,,, as a people may follow platos philosopher king,,,,, as a people may follow the just and righteous laws of a modern society,,,, or people may obey and follow the laws of physics ,,,
edit on 30-7-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join