It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Racist? Didn't Know He Was Only President of Black People.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
LOL @ all the agenda pushers in this thread and the manure spewing our of your mouths.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Creating a new government entity to insure education will improve.........I'm sure that will work. Wonder why other Presidents haven't tried that?

Start at 45 seconds for a laugh.....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
LOL @ all the agenda pushers in this thread and the manure spewing our of your mouths.

LOL @ the useless yet condescending post that states nothing while trying to portray an understanding of an issue that simply doesn't exist.

Nice try though! Thanks for playing.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

The President does things for ALL Americans, not just one ethnic group of them.

I don't see why helping ethnic groups, in a specific category such as education, that statistically show the need for assistance is any different than say, helping people with disabilities get good parking spots at the local grocer.

There are very few methods to make changes that benefit ALL Americans, short of maybe sending a check for 500.00 to everyone in the country. Part of being a leader is understanding that the majority of your decisions will make some happy and some not so happy. If I'm not mistaken, you appear to be in the latter group on this issue.

Do I support Obama? Yes...Until he is out of office in January. I'd hate to see Biden as Pres.
Do I support an ever-expanding government? No
Do I think this EO shows racism... nope.
Do I think Obama is cheating the system by using an EO for campaign purposes? OH, hell yeah!

edit on 26-7-2012 by Zarniwoop because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by gncnew

I don't see why helping ethnic groups, in a specific category such as education, that statistically show the need for assistance is any different than say, helping people with disabilities get good parking spots at the local grocer.

There are very few methods to make changes that benefit ALL Americans, short of maybe sending a check for 500.00 to everyone in the country. Part of being a leader is understanding that the majority of your decisions will make some happy and some not so happy. If I'm not mistaken, you appear to be in the latter group on this issue.

Do I support Obama? Yes...Until he is out of office in January. I'd hate to see Biden as Pres.
Do I think Obama is cheating the system by using an EO for campaign purposes? OH, hell yeah!

I guess - to me - anytime we define a specific ethnic group as needing special assistance - we're inherently defining a weakness that is there by ethnicity as well.

Disabilities, socio-economic status, education level, etc are all race-neutral conditions that can effect any American.

But to define a program this way is nothing short of Jim Crowe policies. The fact that a black man is implementing them does not make them any less wrong.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elienne
reply to post by openlocks

"Did Obama do this to "rally Black voters"? Of course, imo, he did. Does he really care about Black people, no, imo, he doesn't. But I don't think you guys understand how big the achievement gap is between Black and White kids. It is not just a problem to be dealt with, it is an epidemic that MUST be addressed NOW! 92% of White kids graduate high school and 84% go on to post-secondary schooling. 53% of Black kids graduate high school and only 9% go on to post-secondary schooling. "

Ok, I have been in education for 36 years now. In that time there have been, and still are, plenty of programs to help the black students get ready for school and while they are in school. During that time I have seen a drop in thinking that education is a priority to get ahead. I have also seen black students ridicule other black students who do well in school. I do not have a solution, but IMHO the black community needs to work on stopping the high illegitimacy rate, and get behind the idea that education is needed to get ahead in life. It seems the black politicians or community leaders keep pushing the idea that blacks cannot get ahead and are being totally kept out of any advancements. They seem to push a continued dependance on govt. subsidy.
Can this be changed? Yes, but it sure will take guts to do so, and major changes that involve not giving in when the initial changes begin to be made. I think there are a lot of people invested in continued dependence.

And I would put forth that it is educators like you who need to go.You are a racist, fearful and overall ignorant bunch who care more about your own precious little bubble of a world you live in than you do about the kids you are supposed to be helping. Thankfully, more and more communities are starting to recognize that people like you are the real burdens on society, and are calling to pull your state backed pensions and benefits. It is time to move beyond our traditionally racist belief systems and think about human life as a whole.

In my mind, you and Obama are no different. Both of you want to just sweep this issue under the rug with a few simple statements and actions. He'll spend more taxpayers money on worthless govt. programs and you'll just point your finger at the victims and shake your self-righteous head in disapproval.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by gncnew

I guess - to me - anytime we define a specific ethnic group as needing special assistance - we're inherently defining a weakness that is there by ethnicity as well.

Disabilities, socio-economic status, education level, etc are all race-neutral conditions that can effect any American.

But to define a program this way is nothing short of Jim Crowe policies. The fact that a black man is implementing them does not make them any less wrong.

LOL, you're really trying to play like you're Mr. Stand Against Racism? LOL!!!!!!!!

I guess - to me - when a specific ethnic group has been historically targeted by pathological murders, oppressors and exploiters, they might just need a hand to stand back up. Of course, I'm sure Mr. Superman that you are, imagine you could fight 1000 UFC fighters and walk away unscathed. We, back here in reality, though think you're just delusional.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Yes, but combining two or more of these, like African Americans, Education, and socio-econmomic status, create a more specific audience that makes it less about race and more about education. I highly doubt that African Americans with a household income of 250K will benefit from this. In all likelihood, this is a symbolic administrative think-tank he will create to pretend to be fixing a problem with education and unemployment. He can use this in his upcoming debates as a "look what I did... what have you done?" sort of thing on ole Mitty.

In any case, we'll have to wait for the details of the EO to see what's it entails.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I've always had mixed feelings about affirmative action and other programs that target a specific racial/ethnic group. On one hand, yes there is a problem of fairness that needs to be addressed. On the other hand, that issue of fairness isn't limited by race; it affects people of all colors.

These type of programs do good things but it doesn't mean they are the most ethical approach. Why not base these initiatives strictly on socioeconomic standards? You will still be mainly targeting the racial groups you want while not excluding other children in poverty just because they are not a racial minority.

It's funny but the whole concept of racial targeting to rectify and balance out wrongs is something I'd imagine the right doing and not the left. It just seems so archaic and 1960's. There are more modern ways to handle this.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks
Did Obama do this to "rally Black voters"? Of course, imo, he did. Does he really care about Black people, no, imo, he doesn't. But I don't think you guys understand how big the achievement gap is between Black and White kids. It is not just a problem to be dealt with, it is an epidemic that MUST be addressed NOW!

92% of White kids graduate high school and 84% go on to post-secondary schooling.
53% of Black kids graduate high school and only 9% go on to post-secondary schooling.

These are national averages. Do you see how big of a gap that is!? Now what do you think happens when you have 47% of a certain demographic of kids not graduating high school? You get 41% of Black males ending up in jail, more than 1 in 3. And what happens when you have 91% of a certain demographic of kids not entering into post-secondary schooling, in a society that demands such a thing? You get an entire demographic subjugated to poverty for generations to come with a majority under-employed and/or unemployed. You get statistics like, less than 2% of small business owners with more than 5 full-time employees on payroll in the US are Black. This leads to the further widening of social/economic gaps.

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. Just saying.
edit on 26-7-2012 by openlocks because: (no reason given)

Good numbers but they are just numbers. Numbers can't replace a good home life, good parents, a strong work ethic etc etc etc. Those are key elements that have been missing from the Black community for decades and yet another dedicated bureaucracy won't make people better parents who are capable of passing on good study habits or parents who can serve as positive role models. Obama's scheme is not a solution. The Black community needs to demand their pride back from those who have built careers on keeping it from them. (jackson, sharpton, etc etc etc) The politicizing of the Black Community must stop. The marginalizing has to end and with its end will come the end of these career race baiters.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is creating a new office to bolster education of African-American students.

The White House says the office will coordinate the work of communities and federal agencies to ensure that African-American youngsters are better prepared for high school, college and career.

Obama is announcing his election-year initiative Wednesday night in a speech to the civil rights group the National Urban League as he seeks to rally black voters. Aides say his executive order, to be signed Thursday, will set a goal of producing "a more effective continuum" of programs for African-American students.

AP Source

Seriously? I was unaware that the tax dollars paid by ALL citizens of the United States could be used in special programs and newly created offices for only a specific minority group. Maybe that's because black people are incapable of being racist?

This is a blatent attempt by Obama to try and regain support among the black community - but it's just plane wrong. There are many disadvantaged white and Hispanic kids in the US. There are a great deal of non-black kids who are not ready for High School, drop out early, and struggle in the class room.

I guess because there is no "National White Kids Association" to pander votes from, they just get left behind?

This is honestly pretty despicable. Black people should be just as offended - being pandered to, in an election year, should make you mad that anyone thinks you're that stupid.

We want to end racism and racial inequality? Then you can't focus on things like "a more effective continuum" of programs for African-American students"

How about a more effective continuum for ALL students Mr. President... but again, I guess as the first black POTUS, he's only the POTUS of black Americans.... sad... especially since I voted for him.
edit on 26-7-2012 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2012 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

lmaf, and lol...ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the WHITE presidents that looked after all its white people for the last 100 years plus, and now... its a problem with a black president looking out for the black populace for a change.

3 years out of 400 years, like…are you serious with this cry baby BS thread.

Our rights..our freedom

why dont we have a white history month

our founding father would not like this black president looking after his own people for 1 day out of 400 years,thats just not fair to us white people.

OH MY GOSH,NO THIS BLACK PRESIDENT DIDNT ....OH NO HE DIDNT !

He doesnt even have a real birth certificate,how can he even do theses things.

I wish they came out with a sheriff Joe doll I would buy it, he’s my HERO !

We want to end racism and racial inequality?

That is funny as hell, but I guess you had to sugar coat the subliminal racism some how HUH!

edit on 26-7-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm willing to just shut up and see where it gets us. I grew up in a community that over time became a majority black population and I've seen first hand the challenges and unique problems they and non-black students mixed in with them face in getting a quality education. An "intervention" of some sort was long overdue.

But I agree there are pockets of crime and poverty among other races that need intervention, too. I've noticed for Hispanic communities that some Catholic churches have taken it upon themselves to address similar issues in the education of Hispanic youths, primarily boys, though.

A lot of programs I've heard of do focus on wayward boys. The young girls of all races and economic groups getting pregnant and dropping out of school are slipping through many cracks in various programs for some reason.

At any rate I don't begrudge any effort to improve opportunities for our citizens and our youth. It's a refreshing change from the zealous focus on enriching the military contractors and bankers.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Did Obama do this to "rally Black voters"? Of course, imo, he did. Does he really care about Black people, no, imo, he doesn't. But I don't think you guys understand how big the achievement gap is between Black and White kids. It is not just a problem to be dealt with, it is an epidemic that MUST be addressed NOW!

92% of White kids graduate high school and 84% go on to post-secondary schooling.
53% of Black kids graduate high school and only 9% go on to post-secondary schooling.

These are national averages. Do you see how big of a gap that is!? Now what do you think happens when you have 47% of a certain demographic of kids not graduating high school? You get 41% of Black males ending up in jail, more than 1 in 3. And what happens when you have 91% of a certain demographic of kids not entering into post-secondary schooling, in a society that demands such a thing? You get an entire demographic subjugated to poverty for generations to come with a majority under-employed and/or unemployed. You get statistics like, less than 2% of small business owners with more than 5 full-time employees on payroll in the US are Black. This leads to the further widening of social/economic gaps.

Good numbers but they are just numbers. Numbers can't replace a good home life, good parents, a strong work ethic etc etc etc. Those are key elements that have been missing from the Black community for decades and yet another dedicated bureaucracy won't make people better parents who are capable of passing on good study habits or parents who can serve as positive role models. Obama's scheme is not a solution. The Black community needs to demand their pride back from those who have built careers on keeping it from them. (jackson, sharpton, etc etc etc) The politicizing of the Black Community must stop. The marginalizing has to end and with its end will come the end of these career race baiters.

All good points, and I am with you. Greed possessed Statist's created this problem. They brought people over here forcefully from another continent, enslaved them, systematically bred them and indoctrinated them, 'freed them' and turned them into wage slaves, established oppressive policies, empowered the Klu Klux Klan to murder and torture people in these communities, established zoning laws for housing to further segregate communities, infiltrated and destroyed any empowerment movements within the community (CoIntelPro), pumped drugs into the neighborhoods, sent cops in to imprison the drug users and harass the family members... basically they destroyed all family structure and created a culture of self-hatred.

If it was up to me, the State would disappear completely from this issue. This system has shown itself for long enough to be a violent and ruthless system with deep historical roots in racist traditions and ideologies. However, at the same time, I say it is absolutely dangerous and uncompassionate to blame the victim and say things like, "Black families need to step up and take care of their own business." You're right, they do, but WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT!? Have you watched your mother get beat on and run to a crack pipe or heroine needle to escape the pain? Have you watched your brothers get shot, buried and/or sent off to prison? Have you been told you're worth nothing by EVERYONE around you, your family, your teachers, your friends, strangers on the street...? Did you grow up in a project building with rats, cockroaches, gangs, guns, drugs, violence...?

So then how can you sit there and even half-way seriously say something like, "they need to get there s#%t together."? Why don't you go and volunteer your time at a Boys and Girls Club or something instead of sitting around on your privileged butt and judging other people who've lived a life uncomprehendable to you? And I know you it is uncomprehensable to you because if you had any kind of idea of what these people have gone through you would not be spending your time criticism them, rather you would be running to help them!

Peace out, from a now overly angry commenter! LOL...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

All good points, and I am with you. Greed possessed Statist's created this problem. They brought people over here forcefully from another continent, enslaved them, systematically bred them and indoctrinated them, 'freed them' and turned them into wage slaves, established oppressive policies, empowered the Klu Klux Klan to murder and torture people in these communities, established zoning laws for housing to further segregate communities, infiltrated and destroyed any empowerment movements within the community (CoIntelPro), pumped drugs into the neighborhoods, sent cops in to imprison the drug users and harass the family members... basically they destroyed all family structure and created a culture of self-hatred.

If it was up to me, the State would disappear completely from this issue. This system has shown itself for long enough to be a violent and ruthless system with deep historical roots in racist traditions and ideologies. However, at the same time, I say it is absolutely dangerous and uncompassionate to blame the victim and say things like, "Black families need to step up and take care of their own business." You're right, they do, but WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT!? Have you watched your mother get beat on and run to a crack pipe or heroine needle to escape the pain? Have you watched your brothers get shot, buried and/or sent off to prison? Have you been told you're worth nothing by EVERYONE around you, your family, your teachers, your friends, strangers on the street...? Did you grow up in a project building with rats, cockroaches, gangs, guns, drugs, violence...?

So then how can you sit there and even half-way seriously say something like, "they need to get there s#%t together."? Why don't you go and volunteer your time at a Boys and Girls Club or something instead of sitting around on your privileged butt and judging other people who've lived a life uncomprehendable to you? And I know you it is uncomprehensable to you because if you had any kind of idea of what these people have gone through you would not be spending your time criticism them, rather you would be running to help them!

Peace out, from a now overly angry commenter! LOL...

ATS Member 'Applause'

2nd line

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Anything that helps the black youth of America is a good thing, in my opinion. Good for the entire nation.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Where are some actual quotes from Obama and more information? I can't really comment on this until then.

It should help everyone in the inner-city, not just blacks, as every kid living there has a high chance of not graduating. Though just being born a minority gives you a higher chance of going to a hell hole for a school where you don't learn anything.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by openlocks

You get statistics like, less than 2% of small business owners with more than 5 full-time employees on payroll in the US are Black. This leads to the further widening of social/economic gaps.

Blacks are routinely discriminated against by banks and do not get approved for loans even if they have better jobs, better credit ratings, better everything than whites.

Redlining is the practice of denying, or increasing the cost of services such as banking, insurance, access to jobs,[2] access to health care,[3] or even supermarkets[4] to residents in particular, often racially determined,[5] areas.

Although in the United States informal discrimination and segregation have always existed, the practice called "redlining" began with the National Housing Act of 1934, which established the Federal Housing Administration (FHA).[10] The federal government contributed to the early decay of inner city neighborhoods by withholding mortgage capital and making it difficult for these neighborhoods to attract and retain families able to purchase homes.[11]

During the heyday of redlining, the areas most frequently discriminated against were black inner city neighborhoods. For example, in Atlanta in the 1980s, a Pulitzer Prize-winning series of articles by investigative reporter Bill Dedman showed that banks would often lend to lower-income whites but not to middle- or upper-income blacks.

Dan Immergluck writes that in 2002 small businesses in black neighborhoods still received fewer loans, even after accounting for business density, business size, industrial mix, neighborhood income, and the credit quality of local businesses.[20] Gregory D. Squires wrote in 2003 that it is clear that race has long affected and continues to affect the policies and practices of the insurance industry.[21] Workers living in American inner cities have a harder time finding jobs than suburban workers.[22

Lending institutions such as Wells Fargo have been shown to treat black mortgage applicants differently when they are buying homes in white neighborhoods than when buying homes in black neighborhoods.

Bank of America on Wednesday was ordered by the Justice Department to pay a $335 million settlement for the company’s part in a discriminatory lending market that denied black and Hispanic home buyers the approval needed to purchase homes.

Allegations against Countrywide involved more than 200,000 minority borrowers and found that Countrywide charged those lenders more money than they charged to white borrowers with similar credit profiles from 2004 through 2008.

www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here is the long winded EO.

EXECUTIVE ORDER

- - - - - - -

WHITE HOUSE INITIATIVE ON EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE
FOR AFRICAN AMERICANS

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, to restore the country to its role as the global leader in education, to strengthen the Nation by improving educational outcomes for African Americans of all ages, and to help ensure that all African Americans receive an education that properly prepares them for college, productive careers, and satisfying lives, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy. Over the course of America's history, African American men and women have strengthened our Nation, including by leading reforms, overcoming obstacles, and breaking down barriers. In the less than 60 years since the Brown v. Board of Education decision put America on a path toward equal educational opportunity, America's educational system has undergone a remarkable transformation, and many African American children who attended the substandard segregated schools of the 1950s have grown up to see their children attend integrated elementary and secondary schools, colleges, and universities....................

Executive Order -- White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans

Any "goodies" tucked away in this ??

I still want to know where the Department of Education has been ????

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
it's called job creation.

relax.

these new jobs will go on the new job creation reports they release every few months to show the people they are improving the economy.

it will probably go no further than an little office with no window and budget of $50,000.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Another way for the government to throw money at a perceived problem with millions spent with zero results.

To hear the story there seems to be millions of poor black kids who have no educational opportunities in life.
From where I grew up and seeing what I saw there are opportunities for kids they just don't want them.
They don't care about school or getting an education.

Spending millions on schools and programs will do nothing if the people do not want to take part.

More tax dollars down the drain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join