It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

And being banned means what? I can't come back? How many times now? Maybe I should change me screen name

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Imjustthe4th

You would also have to change your IP address in order to do that... some are simply more computer savy than others in this area...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

No, I thought that too. Not checking IP addresess

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 29-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by Annee

Someone is injecting religion into a post where it was not found to begin with.

Are you seriously trying to claim religion is not the #1 objection to same sex marriage?

Let's not play games.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Didn't see that one coming. Wow, tough being an OP

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If marriage is a right, then that means a person has the right to marry their first cousin, or their brother or sister, or to have multiple spouses.

Think about it.

If two people of the same gender have the right to marry, why can't a person have multiple spouses or marry their brother or sister or their first cousin?

As long as they're consenting adults, what should blood relations matters since they're not hurting anybody?

And wouldn't allowing people of the same gender to marry be discrimination against those who would want to have multiple spouses or their first cousins or the brother and sister?

Whoops, there goes that can of worms.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

lol.... Yes it is!

And people accuse me of being judgmental!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

She is never interested in a two way conversation, just wants to berate people who disagree with her.

We're all guilty of that from time to time - I do it too

She believes in her cause - and we're on the same side in this

There are subjects that are debatable - - - and there are subjects that are not.

Equal Rights is not debatable.

Facts about homosexuality are also not debatable.

It could be argued what is fact and what is not fact. I take the word of mouth direct from homosexuals - - - and the research I have been following and keeping up with for 20+ years.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I didnt say they believe in the bible, but if they believe in GOD then what kind of GOD is it that will turn his back on his own children? only humans are capable of that.

wow, didint say they all do but we are talking about marriage here right, and i was refering to OP's original post since she wants to stay on topic.

First off where did Esau and Jacob come from? was Esau gay?

I am not Christian i was baptized as a catholic, but i dont follow any corporation, and the church including the Vatican is a corporation. Only 4 commandments because they are tecghnically one to me, don't steal and thats it, that means dont kill (stealing someone elses life), well any form of evil is technically stealing something from someone, so lets just say 1 then.

edit on 29-7-2012 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2012 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's late. I'll screw with you guys tomorrow. have fun and be safe.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Are you seriously trying to claim religion is not the #1 objection to same sex marriage?

Let's not play games.

It doesn't matter what the number one objection is - the solution is through law, not religion. You won't win any converts by hammering on the heads of the religious - that just makes them feel more threatened, and defensive.

It seems a better way to lose votes than it would be to gain them.

Religion did not enter the post you were responding to at all - you were attacking an argument that was not made. I think I'll just watch and see how well that strategy works for you to win friends and influence voters.

edit on 2012/7/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You too dear....

Looking forward to see you on the morow

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
If marriage is a right, then that means a person has the right to marry their first cousin, or their brother or sister, or to have multiple spouses.

Think about it.

If two people of the same gender have the right to marry, why can't a person have multiple spouses or marry their brother or sister or their first cousin?

As long as they're consenting adults, what should blood relations matters since they're not hurting anybody?

And wouldn't allowing people of the same gender to marry be discrimination against those who would want to have multiple spouses or their first cousins or the brother and sister?

Whoops, there goes that can of worms.

Dude, I'm in Eastern Kentucky.... I know several people who are first cousins who got married..... I don't agree with it, and think they shouldn't be allowed to reproduce since it affects the genetics of the children, but that doesn't mean they don't do it. I can name at least 5 couples off the top of my head right here in my own community who are cousins, I'll never understand that one

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Cousins marry all the time! I do not see anything wrong with that!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Italians are alowd to marry their cousins, and some other cultures, i forgot, oh and it was proven that genetics dont pass from generation to generation its all about the influence throughout the first 6 years of the childs life.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You are too cute, if i get banned again, just drop a line on ats, I'll be there

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Check your facts. Most states in America allow marriage to first cousins.

Marriage to brother/sister used to be very common - - even necessary when bloodlines were essential for kingdoms of rule. Gene degeneration is a serious issue - - which is why the practice of marrying brother and sister is discouraged.

Give me one real logical reason why multiple spouses should be illegal.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Let's not play games.

It doesn't matter what the number one objection is - the solution is through law, not religion. You won't win any converts by hammering on the heads of the religious - that just makes them feel more threatened, and defensive.

edit on 2012/7/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

The people that created the law put their hands on the bible when they signed the papers. Which was a non ligitimate contract since the king was forced to do it, which broke the law of the bible also, no man can be forced into a contract, like taxes for example, its not ilegal to not pay them but its forced by fear of imprisonment.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

lol.... you are too funny! Most people do not tell me I am "cute" when my face is covered!

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join