It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Sorry man with tin foil hat, let her decide! Idiot with foil hat or idiot without foil hat

link   
If you people were this passionate about things that really matter, maybe the world would be better. Instead, you're arguing about homosexuality, and whether they should be allowed to marry or not.

Give me a break.

Who cares? Homosexuality exists in nature, as well as with humans. Get over it.

The world is so messed up, but you want to concern yourself with trivial things?

Ooh, LOOK! JERRY SPRINGER IS ON!!!

Morons.

link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Unfortunately, it is a typical trait of most liberals.....not all, but most.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imjustthe4th

Sorry man with tin foil hat, let her decide! Idiot with foil hat or idiot without foil hat

I believe he spoke (and quite publicly I might add). Nice meeting you though!
Its been fun!
edit on 29-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I believe tolerance is a sham.

And always will.

Only the occasional individual can be truly tolerant, but not groups. I will always be wary of people who claim to be more tolerant than another group, it is always a lie.

Truly tolerant people don't need to claim tolerance, they will treat people with dignity without having all the stupid attention getting games.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Your funny, i like you, because i never stated that OP is christian, and i never attacked anyone, where did u even get that from? all i did was ask some questions and if thats attacking then this thread is an attack on every user of this site, since she clearly had questions.

and yes, genes do not pass from generation to generation, that is false. every new child is born with fresh DNA. Then after the Manipulation takes place, shcools, parents churches commercials and media. Scientist manipulated DNA, and everthing including DNA is made out of atoms(i hope u know this), and they found out that u can also manipulate atoms, and they found no connection or evidence that genes pass from one generation to the next, that was just a theory that was taught as fact.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Unfortunately, it is a typical trait of most liberals.....not all, but most.

I was a 40+ year Republican until just recently. The extreme Right has gone beyond any sense of reason.

But - I understand. Anything and everything that an individual Right Winger doesn't agree with goes into the "Catch All Bucket" they label Liberal - - - because they have no reasonable logical legitimate opposition.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imjustthe4th

Fair enough.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I might be like beers 7 or 8 by then, have fun, and good night

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

lol... only because you already know the answer

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Just like most liberals label anything that doesn't agree with them as a bigot or [x]phobe of some sort.

So really what makes you any better than them?

You bash people just because they're critical of something and assume that just because they're critical of something they must be against equal rights and therefore must be a bigot of some sort?

It's clear you really don't understand that there is a difference between being critical of certain things, and actively opposing certain things, and actively opposing equal rights.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Either the security sucks, or they are being nice (not likely).

Anyway, thanks, wish you well

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Imjustthe4th

I wish you well also... and I would say they are paying not one lick of attention currently!

Have a nice night, and a good life.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Italians are alowd to marry their cousins, and some other cultures, i forgot, oh and it was proven that genetics dont pass from generation to generation its all about the influence throughout the first 6 years of the childs life.

Dude!!! Seriously????? come on, surely you know better than that???

Here, let me give you a little example. Have you ever heard the term "Blue Bloods"?? Ever wonder where it came from?
It refers to Nobility, but they didn't name them "blue bloods" by accident. You see,
Britan's Queen Victoria was a hemophiliac (blood disorder). Of course, she passed it on to her children and her children were either hemophiliac or carriers of it. The royal family did a LOT of inbreeding for purposes of passing down power and influence and, as a result, hemophilia became very prominant in the royal family.
It's sex-linked on the X chromosome so it's much more apparent in the males than the females. The females are mostly carriers unless they inherit it from both parents, but the males only need it from their other's side.

Now, Hemophilia is a disorder of blood clotting. One of the side effects involves your veins being very prominent and they look very 'blue" as opposed to the arteries looking very "red". So, they got the name "blue bloods" beause people didn't understand circulation quite as well and that's the term that stuck .

It was a result of inbreeding and the genetic implications of it.

Furthermore, being from Kentucky, did you realize that all thoroughbred horses (as well as pedigreed animals of other species) are usually inbred as well? it's to capitalize on the genetic qualities that are most desired.
It has EVERYTHING to do with genetics.

Now if you have some kind of proof that undoes all the work that Mendel and those who came after him have produced concerning genetics, then, by all means, provide that evidence (that doesn't exist!) .

Where in the WORLD did you get the idea that genetics aren't passed on from generation to generation????

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There are subjects that are debatable - - - and there are subjects that are not.

Interesting statement Annee - but I disagree

If the same truths were obvious to everyone - at the same time - we wouldn't even be having this conversation

I feel very strongly about what I believe too - and trust me - I can be just as unmovable an object as there ever was when it comes to things I feel very strongly about

But that's not always the more useful approach - is it? Sometimes a line in the sand is the right thing - sometimes give and take will get you there faster. Sometimes people are reacting not to the actual subject - but to being attacked. We've all been on both sides of that - I know how I react when I've just been shoved

Equal Rights is not debatable.

Agreed.

Doesn't mean we can't talk about why we agree or disagree with that

Maybe you don't see it as a back and forth discussion - ever? Seriously - sometimes it's really not - I know. But if people are willing to talk about things - and even joke about things - so much the better I think

It could be argued what is fact and what is not fact. I take the word of mouth direct from homosexuals - - - and the research I have been following and keeping up with for 20+ years.

I understand

But you know Annee - we all have acquaintances, friends and family that are gay - we all do...

We can't force change - but we can lead it. That's how I see it anyway

link   
reply to post by Annee

How wrong you are, I am more then willing to accept that others will have a difference in opinion. I actually encourage it, but most "liberals" seem to think they know better then the rest of us - that their opinion somehow trumps everyone else.

You are unwilling to tolerate anyone who disagrees with homosexuality. Yes, homosexuals have the right to get married, to whatever they feel heterosexuals have - but it doesn't mean they have the right to be loved and accepted by everyone.

link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Annee

To help average and unattractive guys have a chance at finding love. If bigamy was legal, people like Arnold Schwarzenegger would snap them all up and other guys wouldn't have a chance to find one of his own.

IMO.

edit on 29-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

Sorry dude

Good thing I'm extremely good looking and don't have those problems!!

link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

Your funny, i like you, because i never stated that OP is christian, and i never attacked anyone, where did u even get that from? all i did was ask some questions and if thats attacking then this thread is an attack on every user of this site, since she clearly had questions.

So why do you keep dragging the Bible into it? If she's not Christian, and you aren't Christian, why are you using the Bible as your battle ground?

and yes, genes do not pass from generation to generation, that is false. every new child is born with fresh DNA. Then after the Manipulation takes place, shcools, parents churches commercials and media. Scientist manipulated DNA, and everthing including DNA is made out of atoms(i hope u know this), and they found out that u can also manipulate atoms, and they found no connection or evidence that genes pass from one generation to the next, that was just a theory that was taught as fact.

I'll need a link to some papers on that. I just checked with a Biology professor at the local university, and he said - and I quote - "SAY WHAT? HAHAHAHAHA!"

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Cousins marry all the time! I do not see anything wrong with that!

It's legal in some states, and not others. You'll find people thinking it's illegal and not allowed, because it's illegal in their state, not realizing that it is legal elsewhere.

I don't think it's a very good idea, because then you wind up with people like me, whose family trees look more like telephone poles.

I hear ya! twists and turns and intertwining going on all over the place in this neck of the woods!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Wow, very animated crowd - luck to you, again

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join