It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I can take care of that problem for ya. I know the right people! A little plastic surgery there and a bit of purple tattooing there... and, well, presto chango A BOLD AND BRAND SPANKING NEW YOU!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Annee

To help average and unattractive guys have a chance at finding love. If bigamy was legal, people like Arnold Schwarzenegger would snap them all up and other guys wouldn't have a chance to find one of his own.

IMO.

There is Bigamy - Polygamy - Polyandry - Polygyny - Trigamy - Polyamory.

Polyamory is group marriage which is on the rise.

Other then your own insecurity - - - I see no real logical reason against multiple marriage.

As long as I can have as many spouses as I want but none of them can have any others or be with anyone else, I'd be good with it!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I can take care of that problem for ya. I know the right people! A little plastic surgery there and a bit of purple tattooing there... and, well, presto chango A BOLD AND BRAND SPANKING NEW YOU!

noooooooooooooooooooooo can't mess with perfection dude!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

Where ever you went to school, there should be a full audit because they definitely are not teaching from any books that I am aware of.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
One of the best threads ever. Laughing my ass off over here.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I hear ya! twists and turns and intertwining going on all over the place in this neck of the woods!!!!

Yes but at least some of us are out of the woods as far as genetics goes!

See? You taught me something!

edit on 29-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by Annee

How wrong you are, I am more then willing to accept that others will have a difference in opinion. I actually encourage it, but most "liberals" seem to think they know better then the rest of us - that their opinion somehow trumps everyone else.

Wrong about what? I was a 40+ year Republican.

Right Wing Conservatives are the LOUD MOUTH CARNIVAL BARKERS of the entire political world.

You are unwilling to tolerate anyone who disagrees with homosexuality.

You want to replace homosexuality with blacks. Perhaps you support the Curse of Ham - - that people with dark skin are cursed by god and shall be slaves.

Its from the bible - ya know.

(Genesis ch.9 v.20-27)

“And Noah began to be a husbandman, and he planted a vineyard.
And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.
And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father and told his two brethren outside.
And Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were turned away, and they saw not their father's nakedness.
And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
And he said, "Cursed be Canaan! A servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren."
And he said, "Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant. God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.”

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

He don't know me too well, do he?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by Annee

You want to replace homosexuality with blacks. Perhaps you support the Curse of Ham - - that people with dark skin are cursed by god and shall be slaves.

Its from the bible - ya know.

(Genesis ch.9 v.20-27)

“And Noah began to be a husbandman, and he planted a vineyard.
And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.
And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father and told his two brethren outside.
And Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were turned away, and they saw not their father's nakedness.
And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
And he said, "Cursed be Canaan! A servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren."
And he said, "Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant. God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.”

Hello, Annee

Would you be so kind as to point out to me where, in the above passage, it states that Ham was cursed with dark skin?
edit on 7/29/2012 by LadyJae because: formatting

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Oh my, OB, what a lively thread you have started

My congratulations on 50+ pages of a (relatively) polite and open exchange of...ideals.

J

edit on 7/29/2012 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Right Wing Conservatives are the LOUD MOUTH CARNIVAL BARKERS of the entire political world.

Just because you say something doesn't mean it is fact, or the truth.

What are you going on about? I am not Christian, and I support gay marriage. I just can't stand those who think they should be able to tell people "You can't dislike homosexuals" Who gives you, or them that right? People should be free to like or dislike whatever they want.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

Thank you so much Lady. And I am thrilled you have granted us the pleasure of your company a while!

Always a pleasure.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

I feel very strongly about what I believe too - and trust me - I can be just as unmovable an object as there ever was when it comes to things I feel very strongly about

I'm old enough to have experienced the Civil Rights Movement. Forced integration - - forced busing - etc.

Not to mention the enactment of the: Fair Housing Act - - Disability Act - - and a few more Equality Issues.

When I was a kid - - if you wanted to know what a teacher wrote about you in your file - - you had to get a court order.

There is NO BELIEF involved here.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Everyone is leftier than me - I'm just to the right of Atilla the Hun

:-)

Working within the system we have now is what will bring the system of tomorrow, What that will be depends entirely on what we do now, which Is why I argue in favor of gay marriage under the same legal umbrella as the rest of us.

Pretty much how I see it too - but I like this part the most

There are all sorts of "different" in this world, but only one law at any given point to apply to all of those differences.

I'm going to get out of here now - before I start singing Kumbaya

You would wear shiny armor - the reflections from it blind me!

noted - tactical error on your part - but, thanks

:-)

link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I am saying it one last time, the LAW which we follow today, not common law, but the statutes you all hold so dear, was made using the bible, and they put their hands on the book when they signed the papers, in the name of the lord so to say, how many times do i have to say that? Which has everything to do with the thread, because we are talking about law and religion being against gay marriage. which in turn goes against common law and religion, im not repeating this one more time i hope u guys can understand that.

and a university proffesor, who teaches people what other people came up with, which are theories, CMON, whats the points of having an account on ats if ur gonna reffer to text books written and not changed for years now!!

If scientist can manipulate ATMOS, which they did using frequencies, then i am pretty sure you can manipulate DNA which they did. meaning that frequencies manipulate DNA structure, and only frequencies manipulate everything else in this universe. like i said, unfluences from the parents, schools, churches ect ect... so when the baby is born it has already been manipulated for 9 months, u want me to go into detail it will need a whole seperate thread for that.

www.abovetopsecret.com... THERE!! u like that, its a russian artcile the one i read, but it clearly shows how DNA is changed and manipulated, SOUND BABY!!

edit on 29-7-2012 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by LadyJae

You might want to read this wiki about it:

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by LadyJae

Thank you so much Lady. And I am thrilled you have granted us the pleasure of your company a while!

Always a pleasure.

Thank you, my young friend

I've been following along. It took me a while to catch up today.

J

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

Yes please make a thread, I am fascinated to read your theories about DNA manipulation in the womb by frequencies.
edit on 29-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Maybe it will even be one of the first threads in the new forum! YEA!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, now that we are back on topic, and have a few things straightened out, I will leave it up to my freinds here to continue the discussion without me for a while, I have a discussion going on elsewhere to which I must give my attention...

Happy discussing to you all!
edit on 29-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

reply to post by LadyJae

You might want to read this wiki about it:

en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you for the link, ESC.

From that same link:

While Genesis 9 never says that Ham was black, he became associated with black skin, through folk-etymology deriving his name from a similar, but actually unconnected, word meaning "dark" or "brown".

I didn't think the Bible stated the nature of the curse.

J

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join