It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of Boston to Chick-Fil-A: Get Lost!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Though it serves this company right. Are you here to do politics or are you here to do business? Because its one or the other my friend.

How many of you agree with the above person who said politics or business not both?

Guess what?

Starbucks' support for same-sex marriage has earned the endorsement of the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights organization

Microsoft CEO as well as Bill Gates Donated 100,000 to the same sex marriage campaign

The Jim Hensen Company is on the recod now supporting gay marriage

Disney supports gay marriage

Why are none of you all angry they are mixing their political views with business? Are they in it to do business or are they doing politics?

What if any town said they cannot open a business in their town because the SUPPORTED gay marriage? What if NYC decided Microsoft could no longer have offices there, or sell any of their products in New York because the mayor decided to use his position in government to block them, citing it was because they supported gay marriage?

You all woulod be screaming bloody murder!

Yet, when you do not support something, not one of you cares what the laws are... to you they are simply meant to be broken.

But this is exactly what you are saying, you are saying any business should be denied the right to open and do business if the mayor of the town does not like their political and/or personal beliefs, whether it would be Microsoft for its support of gay marriage, or Fred and Harrys ice cream for supporting gun rights, or Tinker Town for supporting the opening of a new Zoo.....

you are saying government should.... should.... and has every right to deny a business owner from doing business if they do not like their views....

Have you yet decided what the laws are here to protect? They are to protect people and business owners from government officials who would use their power in an unjust manner.

On a scale of A+ to F the Better Business Bureau® has rated Chick Fil A with an A+ www.bbb.org...

Chick Fil A does not discriminate in their hiring practices and follows all applicable laws in regards running their business....

Employees enjoy working for Chick Fil A

Why should they be run out of any town? What right does a Mayor have to used threats such as this:

“If they need licenses in the city, it will be very difficult — unless they open up their policies,” he warned.

that is an actual quote, indeed, that is a promise that Chick Fil A wont be able to get their business opened, for the beliefs of the CEO of Chick Fil A, a company in good standing, who has never discriminated....

what policies do they need to open? To vote according to this particular Mayors standards? Does the government have the right to tell you how to vote?
edit on 26-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
So, let me see if I got this straight....
If the head of a corporation that says he is against certain rights being available to a certain sector of society with a history of persecution and discrimination, because his faith (that is a strong or unshakeable belief in something, esp without proof or evidence, by definition), says he must, and by proxy his company as well, that is perfectly ok.

Buuut, if the mayor of a major city that has gone to great lengths to prevent further discrimination of this community, calls said corporation and it's sadly misguided leader on their bigotry (you can call it doctrine or scripture, but I have no such illusion), he is somehow stifling their free speech and discriminating against them?

Further, his efforts to legally block, what under normal circumstance would be considered an undesirable business (like it or not, civil governments not only have a right, but an obligation to do so, and like it or not, this chicken plucker is a bigot and thus undesirable) is discrimination?
I'd like one of you poor persecuted Religulons (that's my name for people of all faiths. I tried Religanista's, but it's not sinister enough, and yes, I do in fact lump you all together), to explain how you can say stuff like this with a straight face.

How about the KKK?
Can they just go ahead and set up a lodge beside city hall too?
What if they just practiced their form of faith in the privacy of the lodge?
Would the mayor be justified in preventing that?
Why not, because it's not discriminating unless its a christian getting called on their hypocrisy?
Did you have your testicles in a twist when that mosque was going to go up by the World Trade Center?
I guess they had every right to be there too, right?
No?
I'm not kidding either.
I want an honest to your god answer, if you can manage to come down off the cross for a minute...
edit on 26-7-2012 by ViktorHaze because: clarification of thought

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

If a law is up for public voting, how is it discrimination to vote your conciousness?

If it was discrimination, it would not be availible for public VOTE, therefore, obviously discrimination cannot be proven, or it would be sitting in the supreme court right now and NOT public vote

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Chick Fil A has some tasty sandwiches. And I support their opinion.
I doubt anyone even cares about this when they are hungry. Gays will still eat there if they built one in Boston. Unless of course the mayor throws a B***H fit about it and gets the homosexual sheep all riled up.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion. Freedom of speech.
-some bullocks, "you can't put your business here because you don't think the same as us". HA!
where's all the micks in Boston that are true Irish folks that are against gay marriage?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

What?
What law up for public voting?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

Gay Marriage

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Probably drunk and beating each other up in a pub over what's better, orange or green...
I can say that right?
I like Irish Whiskey, and am allowed freedom of speech, so that makes it ok..../sarcasm off.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I'm not exactly sure what point you are trying to make.
No, voting against gay marriage isn't discrimination.
Preventing a business whose values don't mesh with the majority of that community because of their hostile stance (and yes, saying the wrath of the lord will be upon you, is a hostile stance, even if it is nonsense) isn't either.
It doesn't stifle their free speech either, as they are free to bigot away as much as they like.
If the mayor said "you can't come here because you are christian"...
That would be wrong.
Telling them they aren't welcome because they have a piss poor attitude isn't.

edit on 26-7-2012 by ViktorHaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
That's alright, because the majority of people support Chick-Fill-A and would welcome them into their towns. Hell, I might write them and invite them to open a branch in London. I'd send lots of my money their way. Good on them for refusing to be bullied by the sexual freaks.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This whole issue would have saddened and outraged the Puritans of early Massachusetts.
2nd
3rd

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Cue the second thread on the "gay agenda" this week and how you're losing haha.

A lot of people taking the side of this company and i feel like your blowing it out of proportion. If you're going to say something contraversial about opposing equal rights then expect it to be bad for business.

Chic-a-whatever have shot themselves in the foot and they're paying the consequences while making themselves look like total fools. At least microsoft and starbucks are making a bit of money off of getting political - that's smart business i suppose.

Christians are allowed to have their beliefs but it would be silly for them to believe that everyone else is going to roll over and agree with their POV. You should expect opposition when sprouting political opinions. Now it seems this company is going to try and make itself look like a victim.

If it is a victim of anything its its own self-righteous opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tramadolnights

Well it is refreshing to see someone honest about their bigotry.
I'm not even gay, but you offend me as a human.
But, you still get to say it, as you can say whatever you want, and I'm glad to see you are happy to exercise that right.
Now, if only people such as yourself and Mr. Chicken Filly, and everyone else who thinks it's ok to stick their nose in anybody's business that doesn't fit their narrow point of view would just learn to mind their own, the world would be a fine place in deed.
That's what it really boils down to.
Does Gay marriage somehow affect you in a practical way?
Unlikely.
So why would you care.
Mind your own freaking business.
It's freedom of speech and personal opinion to say things like "i don't support those sexual freaks", and that's just ducky. Rude and offensive, but so are a lot of things.
When you state it as company policy (you really think they would hire a gay person if they knew they were married to another gay person?...ok, yeah,,,sure.), then that's what is at issue, and really none of that religious freak's (see, I get freedom too...Yayyy!) business.

edit on 26-7-2012 by ViktorHaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tramadolnights
That's alright, because the majority of people support Chick-Fill-A and would welcome them into their towns. Hell, I might write them and invite them to open a branch in London. I'd send lots of my money their way. Good on them for refusing to be bullied by the sexual freaks.

And i would happily write them a letter urging them to stay the hell out of this country, we have enough problems and we don't want to add bigotry to them.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViktorHaze

Well it is refreshing to see someone honest about their bigotry.
I'm not even gay, but you offend me as a human.
But, you still get to say it, as you can say whatever you want, and I'm glad to see you are happy to exercise that right.
Now, if only people such as yourself and Mr. Chicken Filly, and everyone else who thinks it's ok to stick their nose in anybody's business that doesn't fit their narrow point of view would just learn to mind their own, the world would be a fine place in deed.
That's what it really boils down to.
Does Gay marriage somehow affect you in a practical way?
Unlikely.
So why would you care.
Mind your own freaking business.
It's freedom of speech and personal opinion to say things like "i don't support those sexual freaks", and that's just ducky. Rude and offensive, but so are a lot of things.
When you state it as company policy (you really think they would hire a gay person if they new they were married to another gay person?...ok, yeah,,,sure.), then that's what is at issue, and really none of that religious freak's (see, I get freedom too...Yayyy!) business.

Shhhhhh, you're talking rubbish.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Nah.
They would have just rounded up the ones that opposed their lunacy, tried and convicted them of witchcraft and/or heresy and burned them at the stake...
I'll bet that would suit you just fine, though, being a god fearin' christian person with morals and values (except the judging others lest ye be judged part, or the love thy neighbor, thou shalt not kill, etc., etc....)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Not doing too well round here are you

I warned you !
the peeps on ATS have ways of dealing with your sort !
Ttfn

TO THE PEOPLE OF ATS
this individual has been At this on many threads
I have this little thing about repeating myself - so a past from a post of mine from anther thread regarding this ........yeah 1 of them

"reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I know dude - had a wee run in with this character yesterday
But so you don't make the same mistakes I did
Don't try to argue with the chap - regardless how rude he may be
As soon as you give him some of his own medicine - he goes running to the mods
And .........mind your language !!!! He only joined Monday ...........which coincidently was the first day of the Brits school holidays.........so deduce what you will from that

Peace dude
See you in the forums"

Dont worry folks only probably 6 weeks of this !
Unless anyone else wants help to shoo this fly away

edit on 26-7-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Says the guy supporting a corporate bigot because he likes their sandwiches....
Yawwwn.
I here the NAZI's serve coffee and those little donuts at their meetings too, hurry or you will miss out.....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Look at it the other way. Are you happy with the idea that the Mayor of a town can ban any activity in that town sponsored by someone who has ideas he doesn't like? I don't think we want to go down that road.

It happens every single day.

Liquor stores. Bars. MMJ Dispenseries in towns where it is legal.

A Muslim Mosque in NYC.........

It happens ALL the time.

You just didn't notice it until it was against something you feel strongly about?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I guess the mayor of boston should tell all the churches and christian organizations and businesses to get lost as well, everyone knows that Chick-Fil-A is a christian organization, its been so since its conception. So what's the Problem? Chick-Fil-A is NOT discriminating against gay people, it is just their religious beliefs, everyone is using Anit this Anti That, again Christianity does not believe in gay marriage simple as that

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goradd
again Christianity does not believe in gay marriage simple as that

Funny how my gay friends got married in a Christian Church by a Christian pastor.

edit on 26-7-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join