It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of Boston to Chick-Fil-A: Get Lost!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
A corporation is not a person.
IF it was, it would be in a mental institution for being a psychopath.

(Just because the 'law' says they are, doesn't mean that is the case)
Good on the mayor.

Glad we don't have that company here. We don't have westboro here either, which is good for my sanity. They sure do have the right to free speech, so do i, and they wouldn't like what i have to say.
edit on 26/7/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Originally posted by jibeho
Anyway this act by the Mayor of Boston and now Chicago Mayor Rahm should itself be illegal for infringing on the rights of a business.

But it's okay to infringe on the rights of people, denying an entire class of citizens the same rights of marriage.

That must be why I keep seeing all of these political ads that talk about what a great "businessman" X politician is. That's all we care about, huh? Business.

Chick Fil A is not a govt. entity!!!!!!! They are not "DENYING" anything to anyone. They DO NOT have the authority to do so. The President believes in traditional marriage. SIMPLE as that. Move on from this political circus. The politicians are desperate for support.

Screw Boston. Chick Fil A will do just fine without it. Pathetic!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

As I stated before, discrimination cannot be proven since it is not in the supreme court as a discrimination issue.... it is a matter up for public consumption and public voting.

People have a right to vote any way they please.... that is a right protected by the constitution and it is a guarentee that you cannot be discriminated against for voting in whatever manner you pleased....

No one can coerse you into voting against your concious, and that is what is being done here. Attempted cooersion and discrimination against someone for thier religious beliefs and their voting habits...

If the company does not like the backlash it is receiving then maybe it should be silent about its politcal opinions in the future? You cant just say "This company does not support gay marriage" and expect everyone to be like: "Well, good for you!" *gets on with life*

Cmon now, not all humans are that passive.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Not according to the Supreme Court or the Constitution....

you wanna get that changed then go ahead.... until then you should support the laws, given by the people your vote created.....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Anyway this act by the Mayor of Boston and now Chicago Mayor Rahm should itself be illegal for infringing on the rights of a business.

But it's okay to infringe on the rights of people, denying an entire class of citizens the same rights of marriage.

That must be why I keep seeing all of these political ads that talk about what a great "businessman" X politician is. That's all we care about, huh? Business.

Chick Fil A is not a govt. entity!!!!!!! They are not "DENYING" anything to anyone. They DO NOT have the authority to do so. The President believes in traditional marriage. SIMPLE as that. Move on from this political circus. The politicians are desperate for support.

Screw Boston. Chick Fil A will do just fine without it. Pathetic!!

Err.....I'm not saying Chick Fil A is denying rights to homosexuals. The point is larger--homosexuals do not have equal rights when it comes to marriage and that needs to change.

Regarding the article, Chick Fil A is supporting discrimination and they should be dealt with. We the people should not allow these types of businesses to operate here.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
reply to post by jibeho

Im not even american but be assured if i could boycott this company i would! Hahaha, i just find it hilarious that christians have a problem with being discriminated against yet are the first to start trying to restrict rights to gay couples.

Live by the sword, die by the sword eh?

There is no Discrimination going on here. Period. Give me a break.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The backlash is not from people..... the Backlash is from the Government, in clear violation of the laws of this land....

The government has overstepped and broken the law......

this is the issue.... if it was the boycott or anything else.... no problem..... boycott away, but to say it is just fine for the government to break the law of the land because in this particular case you might agree with them is stupid....

what happens when next time you DONT agree and the government breaks the law?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

The point is larger--homosexuals do not have equal rights when it comes to marriage and that needs to change.

They do in Boston!!!! and in other cities around the nation. This should not be a Federal issue. But that's a different topic altogether.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

reply to post by AzureSky

Not according to the Supreme Court or the Constitution....

you wanna get that changed then go ahead.... until then you should support the laws, given by the people your vote created.....

I don't think back in the 1900's anyone had any clue what kind of destruction giving a corporations personhood would do. And now we know. I am not required to believe in injust laws. Especially those created for the benefit of the elites that control this planet. Gay rights is a non-issue to me. No one has the right to take the rights from any other person. Just another way to keep america divided. Corporate personhood was decided without public knowledge of the outcomes.

Government breaks laws all the time.
edit on 26/7/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The point is larger--homosexuals do not have equal rights when it comes to marriage and that needs to change.

They do in Boston!!!! and in other cities around the nation. This should not be a Federal issue. But that's a different topic altogether.

Not only should it be a Federal issue, it should also be a Humanity issue.
edit on 7/26/2012 by yadda333 because: clarity

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I know, according to the Better Business Bureau this company has an A+ rating.... according to employees they have never once discriminated against anyone in their business practices, and are a source of jobs in any town, hence good for the economy....

What the CEO votes, and what his views are, are what is being discriminated right now....

Not the company.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The backlash is not from people..... the Backlash is from the Government, in clear violation of the laws of this land....

And this company having polical opinions is perfectly fine - Because christians dont cause drama, like ive said earlier, they are victims. They are always the victims. Its okay for them to advocate that a certain group of people shouldnt have rights, but someone says they dont want them to trade in boston and suddenly everything stops being rosey. Typical.

this is the issue.... if it was the boycott or anything else.... no problem..... boycott away, but to say it is just fine for the government to break the law of the land because in this particular case you might agree with them is stupid....

I dont have a problem with this company getting a taste of its own medicine. Consider it being sucker punched by your older brother who is much older and much stronger then you - Life isnt fair.
edit on 26-7-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you, but in this case - I am.

I don't think the mayor should use his official power to prevent Chick-Fil-A from operating in Boston. What I think he should have done was make a public announcement that he and the citizens of Boston are against what the CEO says, and that he encourages all citizens to boycott any Chick-Fil-A in Boston. That is his right to free speech.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

If having same sex marriage was an issue of discrimination why is this not in the Supreme Court of the United States?

You are saying when it suits you, you dont want the law to mean a damn thing, but if it does, that law better be upheld right?

I am all for people having their rights protected, but not at the loss of mine ever.... I believe the rights of EVERYONE need to be considered.... and this is what no one is doing!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you, but in this case - I am.

I don't think the mayor should use his official power to prevent Chick-Fil-A from operating in Boston. What I think he should have done was make a public announcement that he and the citizens of Boston are against what the CEO says, and that he encourages all citizens to boycott any Chick-Fil-A in Boston. That is his right to free speech.

The Federal Government, the people, should use their official power to prevent businesses who support discrimination from operating in this country.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

BUT, if he does that he has to publically say, he does not speak in any official governmental capacity, and it cannot be on official government letterhead...

then and only then it is his protected right.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Again, then take it to the Supreme Court of the United States....

but without the Supreme Court determining that it is an issue of discrimination, then it is not discriminating.... then it is simply a matter of belief and voting choices.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Not only should it be a Federal issue, it should also be a Humanity issue.
edit on 7/26/2012 by yadda333 because: clarity

I firmly believe it is only a matter of time before it becomes a federal issue. It will eventually go before the Supreme Court. I think the Supreme Court will have no other choice but to declare it discrimination against a group, just like with interracial marriage. Interracial marriage was originally a state issue, and most states voted against allowing it. It got before the S.C., which ruled it discrimination, now all states must allow interracial marriage. Same thing will happen here.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

If having same sex marriage was an issue of discrimination why is this not in the Supreme Court of the United States?

Because up until this point neanderthal knuckle dragging christians have done a good job keeping it out of the supreme court but trust me, the day of wrath is coming. Homosexuals will get their equal marriage rights by hook or by crook.

You are saying when it suits you, you dont want the law to mean a damn thing, but if it does, that law better be upheld right?

Im pointing out how ridiculous it is to oppose equal rights and then blow up a # storm when someone says they dont want you trading in their own. If corporations could cry, Chic-Fil-A-Bigot would be crying the hudson river.

I am all for people having their rights protected, but not at the loss of mine ever.... I believe the rights of EVERYONE need to be considered.... and this is what no one is doing!

You sure you're not christian because you sure sound like one! Yeah, upholding equal rights but not at the cost of your own, very humanitarian of you

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Originally posted by kaylaluv
I don't think the mayor should use his official power to prevent Chick-Fil-A from operating in Boston.

I don't think he can, can he? He just "urged" them to take their business elsewhere. (I could be wrong)

What I think he should have done was make a public announcement that he and the citizens of Boston are against what the CEO says, and that he encourages all citizens to boycott any Chick-Fil-A in Boston. That is his right to free speech.

I think that's basically what he did.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join