It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Ice-T Defends Gun Rights: "The Last Form Of Defense Against Tyranny"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Speaking with Channel 4 London's Krishnan Guru-Murthy in the hours after the Colorado news broke, the self-described "Godfather of Gangsta Rap" vehemently denied a connection between gun rights and the Aurora murders.

"It's legal in the United States," the rapper said.

"The right to bear arms is because that's the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt. It's to protect yourself from the police." "And do you see any link between that and this sort of instance?"

Guru-Murthy challenged.

"No. Not really," Ice-T responded. "If somebody wants to kill people, they don't need a gun to do it."

"Makes it easier though, doesn't it?" the host pushed back.

"Not really. You can strap explosives on your body. They do that all the time.

So I imagine the British reporter was hoping to get some idiotic sound bite to make the American gun mentality to appear as a bad thing. The host didn't even have any good counter points and was slow to answer, he seemed unprepared especially with Ice-T's first answer.

"The United States is based on guns, like KRS says, you'll never have justice on stolen land..so it's not going to change."

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Nice find! The right to bear arms is one of the last forms of defense we have in this country from a government out of control. This is why we have it, why it was placed in the constitution in the first place.

It is people who kill people, and the man is right, they do not need a gun to do that should they be of a mind.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Very nice Ice-T. The UK banned guns from private citizens and stabbings went up.

If your going to try to kill someone your going to do it either with your gun, sword, knife, club, stick, rock, or hands. Or if your nice nice enough your hands to begin with.

Guns are a tool nor more than swords. Those things were dangerous, during the medieval times only the "nobles" and "armed forces" where allowed to have weapons. Knights, bodyguards, soldiers, etc.. In China, during European times too 'm not mistaken. Japan too.

Same old story *yawn*

It's the intention that makes them dangerous.
edit on 25-7-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Unfortunately for Mr. Guru-Murthy, he thought he was getting some moron thug. Instead, he got one of the brightest minds in the entertainment world.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

"The right to bear arms is because that's the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt. It's to protect yourself from the police."

Problem is: no American is ever going to win a fire fight with the police.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Im surprised Ice-T is pro gun. Figured hed be an anti cause he plays a nypd on law and order...lol. i think of him as a cop, not a rapper..

Im pretty skiled with a katana if they want my guns. Its just not an easy thing to carry concealed, and is infact illegal for me to carry even though i have a ccw....lol

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
In 1992 Ice-T found himself in a position where he actually had to explain First Amendment rights to Americans because of a song. It makes sense he has become so comfortable with calmly explaining rights.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

"The right to bear arms is because that's the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt. It's to protect yourself from the police."

Also in 1992 there were the Los Angeles riots. You think police are tough and unbeatable do you? You should of seen them then. They ran like scared little children. Ran. Ran away. They ran away.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Problem is Americans do not take the militia bit too seriously when it comes to the 2nd. Rifles are only as good as the people using them and between the fat f**ck who kill time at the range and the unorganised mess that the lybian revolution was I would still see lybians coming out on top against an equal force of Americans.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

I guess you haven't heard the song "Cop Killer" by Ice-T, LOL.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Uh yeah they can win firefights with the police. Most gun owners have the police outgunned and have better training with the weapon. Go to a gun range sometime and see how most cops shoot. Not very well would be the answer. There are exceptions but most cops know they can't hit the broad side of a barn.

So the same cop will now be tasked with confiscating all the weapons in the city they have jurisdiction over. He's going to have to knowing walk up to every other house and try and knock on their door and take away that persons gun with the full understanding that they are violating the second amendment to do so and risk getting hosed by someone with a bigger stick.

If push comes to shove I bet most cops will not enforce confiscating guns from the population. It's suicidal to try. And thats the point so that the people are not disarmed and can fight to protect themselves from a corrupt govt.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
So I imagine the British reporter was hoping to get some idiotic sound bite to make the American gun mentality to appear as a bad thing

The British reporter didn't need a sound bite to make the American gun mentality sound bad - it IS bad. The Austin Texas shooting is yet another example of it.

"The United States is based on guns, like KRS says, you'll never have justice on stolen land..so it's not going to change."

Really? THAT'S what you'd like as your final statement? Sheesh. No wonder the rest of the world looks at America with sideways glances. America is a joke to the rest of us and their ridiculous gung-ho mentality with firearms doesn't help.
edit on 25-7-2012 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Remember when Tracy was attacked by the NRA, how they hated his tune Cop Killer and didn't support his right of free speech? He at least gets how all our rights are important, guns & free speech & warrants needed...

Wonder how the NRA is going to spin this after they & Moses attacked him?

BTW I am PRO-GUN all the way. The money making machine called the NRA is pro-money first.

Derek

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You don't need to win the fire fight, the fact that as a collective we have acces to firearms is what keeps them from running roughshod over us in the first place.

Pigs only go after isolated folks, Randy Weaver anyone?

Derek

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I guess no one remembers waco texas.....proof tyranny is alive and well here. We dont need tyrants to disarm us.. and i do know one cop that used to be a sniper at a nuke plant. Hes always moanin about how the other cops cant shoot every time i see him haha....

No, never heard any of ice t's music, just know hes a rapper. Wtf is he doing playing a cop on tv and making music about killin cops lol....weird...

If a cop comes to disarm me and i hand him a couple guns, hows he gona know about the other 50 i have? And no i dont have 50.....but its well within my rights to have 50.

Also, the british are just pissy that they lost our territory.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

where you been hiding lol just listen to the bodycount cd
:lol
r the track copkiller

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

Really? THAT'S what you'd like as your final statement? Sheesh. No wonder the rest of the world looks at America with sideways glances. America is a joke to the rest of us and their ridiculous gung-ho mentality with firearms doesn't help.
edit on 25-7-2012 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

Really? since when were you appointed as spokesmen for the rest of us? voting on this must have slipped my mind.

Not to derail the topic too much but its always been a pet peeve of mind when someone thinks themselves and a few of their jack ball friends =the world.

edit on 25-7-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Really? THAT'S what you'd like as your final statement?

LOL I was quoting Ice-T. But as long as there is any sort of elitism in a country there will always be some form of tyranny and a need to protect yourself. So no, I don't see it stopping for a long time, if ever.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
That is the most intelligent thing I have heard from anyone, in regards to the gun control debate!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I keep hearing this argument.

Nice find! The right to bear arms is one of the last forms of defense we have in this country from a government out of control

These guns aren't being used against your out of control government/s but against each other, mainly within the poor white and ethnic communities. These guns are helping keep people poor.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join