It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Ice-T Defends Gun Rights: "The Last Form Of Defense Against Tyranny"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Great, answer from Ice T, the only ones in this nation trying to gain support for gun control are all those that have something to gain from infringing and eroding Americas rights under the Constitution.

The corporate dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The corporate dictatorship you speak of gains from the flood of legal and illegal guns. To name just a few in profits from the actual sales, profits from the prison-industrial complex and control exerted through the NRA and their minions.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

They will make more if law abiding citizens have to go under ground to buy their guns as American will never let the government or any body take away their right to have them.

Have won the war on drugs yet? no, is more lucrative than ever.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

Nice find! The right to bear arms is one of the last forms of defense we have in this country from a government out of control. This is why we have it, why it was placed in the constitution in the first place.

It is people who kill people, and the man is right, they do not need a gun to do that should they be of a mind.

I posted this exact same thing in another thread:
Then how come you're not defending yourselves if you believe the 2nd amendment is there to defend yourselves? What are you waiting for? An open invitation to the FEMA camp of their choosing?

It's an moot point to say it's there to defend yourselves from oppression when in reality you're all sitting by idly being oppressed, nay raped by your governments, banks etc..

So, realistically, it may be in the constitution but .. that is not the real reason you fight for your right to bear arms, right? That's just a fallacy.

The irony is somewhat hilarious, but actually very sad and depressing.

T

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I am originally from one of the countries with the strongest gun control, I am from the Netherlands.

I would have to be a member of a shooting club for 2 years before I can own my own firearm, I would have to lock them up at ALL TIMES in a gun safe mounted on the wall and I'd have to take the most direct route to my destination with a gun in my vehicle.

Needless to say I didn't own one over there, if I had ever had a home invasion (which happens quite often) the only defense I had was a baseball bat or a pellet rifle (which I had to get police premission for to own).

In the US i'm blessed to own firearms, it's my right and my responsibility to keep me and my country safe, I would proudly bear arms for this country to defend against enemies FOREIGN and DOMESTIC.

I'm still a dutch citizen but i'm in the process of getting naturalized, I renounce my former gun grabbing country, we had too many people fall victim to the rampant crime over there were criminals fear no citizens and were they will get a slap on the wrist for MURDER.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Exactly. Stop using the argument , that gun ownership is to prevent tyranny, as it isn't, this is self evident. Whether these theoretical actions should classed as terrorism is another matter all together.

The legal and illegal guns that permeate US society give people a sense of power and control over their lives in an otherwise uncontrollable society, where employment chances are minimal for even those with university degrees.

Gun ownership sells the lie that the US is this "Land of the Free". It is used by those on the right to illuminate the free choice that Americans have as citizens which can never and should never be taken away, when in reality there is little freedom. Little economic or societal freedom.

I'm not just spouting off on one from my armchair here in the U.K. I have been to the US six times and seen and heard this from American citizens. One chap, Eric, was living in a mobile home, as the bank had taken his house. He had a truck full of guns though, which gave him a sense of empowerment, which in reality didn't exist.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Added comment & spelling

You are right and you haven't gotten enough stars for your comment. You are 100% correct. If guns were for preventing tyranny then they have been an utter failure. We are looking at the NDAA, drones over major cities, the looting of this country by bankster, but hey at least we have our guns. It is false power. I'm not for banning them or anything like that, but you have a great point and I just wanted to give you props.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

It has to be played delicately and for the most part both sides know this.

The war, as corny as it sounds, if for your mind.

See, the cops can completely abuse, attack and assault a home of completely innocent people and the moment those innocent people fight back they cease to be innocent in the minds of the public majority thanks to the fairy tale image of law enforcement in the US.

It is a very small minority who actually sees things for what they are. Everybody else out there defaults to "government=good, individuals=bad" regardless of the context.

A government handing out food aid is good. An individual handing out food aid is suspect and actually illegal in some cases. A government injecting black people with syphilis is good because government testing helps us out. An individual doing it is bad and that person is a monster. A government kicking in your door and dragging you into the street is good because obviously you did something to deserve it. An individual kicking in your door and dragging you into the street is bad and that person will be charged with several crimes.

Any government action is seen as "good" to the vast majority of people. Any individual action is seen as "bad" to the vast majority of people.

So even in defensive action, which is the only action that should ever be taken, the defender looks like the enemy.

One of three things can change this. The minds of the majority shift away from the "government is god" fallacy, enough "individuals" move into one region to emulate the change in majority perspective, or all out shooting civil war instigated by an aggressive government.
edit on 26-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

TextThese guns aren't being used against your out of control government/s but against each other, mainly within the poor white and ethnic communities. These guns are helping keep people poor.

Peruvianmonk

What would you call out of control government? Bloomberg of NY City is calling for a nationwide strike of the police forces. Think about that for a moment. The mayor of NY City wants his people to be totally defenseless against criminals. NY CITY bans all of its citizens to own or carry a gun and now he wants the cops to go on strike. Now if that isn't insanity then you tell me what is. Isn't that tyranny by definition? If you think that could not happen then you have your head in the sand, If I were in NY City I would not hesitate to have a gun regardless of what the so called law states.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Now, if the reporter were educated in a subject about which he was asking questions, he would have asked a follow-up question like: "Have you been reading The Federalist Papers lately?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

the english don't need a soundbite, they have less than 50 fire arm deaths a year, same as most other civilised countries. America has 8000+

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Considering how many guns we have in the states that is pretty low.
Most americans are properly trained and respect guns .
No country has invaded the states but one , and they left with their tails tucked between their legs ,care to try us again, Cornwallis ?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
YES, good job Ice T ! You can tell by the tone of the reporters voice and the image they have in back of an angry gangster rapper, they were trying to catch him "off guard" probably hoping he would say something he shouldn't. Ice's demeanor kinda changed in the beginning of the interview and I believe it was when they put up the image of him rapping..

Koodos Ice T!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

I pity the foo, who mistakes Ice-T and Mr. T

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ice T would not be backed into a corner by that creepy guy ( I imagined him as a sinister castle butler, lurking around corners). The host was trying to bait him into back tracking, and he would not back down. His response was golden, kudos to the awake and semi awake celebs. They may be the only thing able to counteract media propaganda on the ignorant masses.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Brilliant Post!!

This is 100% correct in my book. The typical atitude "if the police arrest you, then you are guilty of something." As a teenager I had police pull me over, sit me infront of the curb and search my vehicle, going through door panels for all my neighborhood to see. They found nothing, I was suspicious because a friend of mine who I dropped off was talking to me through my window. It didn't stop nosey neighbors from talking about my drug habbit (I never did drugs) all because the police searched my car infront of my house.
edit on 27-7-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Why is Rush Limbaugh making fun of Ice-T for supporting gun rights?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Exactly. Stop using the argument , that gun ownership is to prevent tyranny, as it isn't, this is self evident.

Guns aren't going to stop the US gov even if they did attack us. I understand that. But it does help protect from tyranny in localized situations.

The legal and illegal guns that permeate US society give people a sense of power and control over their lives in an otherwise uncontrollable society

Yeah to dope dealers and robbers. If you're not in a constant fear of danger you will forget you're carrying a gun, until you need it.

One chap, Eric, was living in a mobile home, as the bank had taken his house. He had a truck full of guns though, which gave him a sense of empowerment, which in reality didn't exist.

Well then he was living in a delusion. A gun isn't going to protect one from institutionalized financial tyranny. Most Americans understand this or there would have been mass shoot outs in 2008-9.

edit on 27-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

"...like KRS says, you'll never have justice on stolen land..so it's not going to change."

I say that every time I go back to visit East London.

I can't comment on gun laws in America and it would be unfair of me to do so, I'm not American, I don't live in America. I've always been amazed at how easy it is certainly shown to be in terms of how easy it is to get guns in certain places in America.
It's true that the last form of defence against tyranny is to arm yourself, but is that really going to help? Unless the police and military, especially the military, turned and joined the people, no matter how many millions were armed and ready to fight, they would be annihilated! Also, why would the Police turn and join the general public who, according to Ice T, see the Police as the enemy and so are armed simply for not general protection against criminals and people who wish them harm, but against the Police themselves? So with regards to defending against localised perceived tyranny and lets face it, we can all be the victim, does it help to have a nation of armed people ready to fight against tyranny? Has it really prevented the American government from already taking most of your freedoms? What if the people won in certain areas and the police and government pulled out, then what? What would replace the tyranny of today? What infrastructure would there be? What would maintain order? Would everyone help each other or would everyone eat each other alive when they realise that times are even more desperate than before?

What people seem to not think of is how it could be worse and you just have to ask many of the poor souls caught up in conflicts throughout various African nations to just how bad it can get.

I'm not standing up for tyranny, I just hope people in America understand that what they wish for, may happen, but what may rise from the ashes is a far cry from the dream world of a hand in hand, love one another, work together America that many sought after.

All I'm saying is be careful and remember that the key is balance.
edit on 27-7-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

They will make more if law abiding citizens have to go under ground to buy their guns as American will never let the government or any body take away their right to have them.

Have won the war on drugs yet? no, is more lucrative than ever.

America, having more guns than any nation on Earth, has done nothing to stop the War on Drugs.

Or Crime

HINT

FIREARMS ARE A MASSIVE, CORPORATELY STRUCTURED MARKET

edit on 27-7-2012 by pisssss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Exactly. Stop using the argument , that gun ownership is to prevent tyranny, as it isn't, this is self evident. Whether these theoretical actions should classed as terrorism is another matter all together.

The legal and illegal guns that permeate US society give people a sense of power and control over their lives in an otherwise uncontrollable society, where employment chances are minimal for even those with university degrees.

Gun ownership sells the lie that the US is this "Land of the Free". It is used by those on the right to illuminate the free choice that Americans have as citizens which can never and should never be taken away, when in reality there is little freedom. Little economic or societal freedom.

I'm not just spouting off on one from my armchair here in the U.K. I have been to the US six times and seen and heard this from American citizens. One chap, Eric, was living in a mobile home, as the bank had taken his house. He had a truck full of guns though, which gave him a sense of empowerment, which in reality didn't exist.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Added comment & spelling

You are right and you haven't gotten enough stars for your comment. You are 100% correct. If guns were for preventing tyranny then they have been an utter failure. We are looking at the NDAA, drones over major cities, the looting of this country by bankster, but hey at least we have our guns. It is false power. I'm not for banning them or anything like that, but you have a great point and I just wanted to give you props.

Both of you deserve props

It is like giving people in hell jackets to defend against the adverse weather.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join