It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Ice-T Defends Gun Rights: "The Last Form Of Defense Against Tyranny"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I keep hearing this argument.

Nice find! The right to bear arms is one of the last forms of defense we have in this country from a government out of control

These guns aren't being used against your out of control government/s but against each other, mainly the poor white and ethnic communities.

And as a gun owner thats my fault how?
edit on 25-7-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

"The right to bear arms is because that's the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt. It's to protect yourself from the police."

Problem is: no American is ever going to win a fire fight with the police.

There was a story here about 50 miles from me 2 or 3 years ago, where the police went to arrest a man for domestic abuse, and they decided the gun range was a good place to pick him up. The waited for him to walk out to his car, they tazed him, he dropped to one knee, drew his gun, and fired killing both officers that already had weapons drawn, and already had tazed him. He then proceeded into his truck, ended up in a high speed chase, where he rolled the truck, kicked out the back window, and had a firefight with the police injuring several before they finally killed him.

He didn't "win," because he was dead in the end, but he was one man versus an entire force, and he held his own.

He was a bad guy, not a good one, and I'm not trying to make him out as a hero, but if the US population ever decided to actually stand up for itself, it would be an effortless victory.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy

Problem is: no American is ever going to win a fire fight with the police.

You don't need to win the fire fight, the fact that as a collective we have acces to firearms is what keeps them from running roughshod over us in the first place.

Most of the threads on this website are about how you ARE getting 'roughshod over', in spite of all your guns...
edit on 25-7-2012 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I am not saying anything is your fault, just that this argument is dumb. Your government/s in cohorts with the banks and major corporations are completely out of control, yet i see no large scale gun turning on them. In light of this my question is why is this stated as a reason/excuse to bear arms apart from the constitution blah blah?

Many of these same corporations make the guns and ammunition that are being used to kill citizens in the US. You are being manipulated.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If it were legal then I bet the guns would be turned on the corrupt bankers. But it's not. THe second amendment does allow me to defend your self from the military and police if they get out of control. Too bad it doesn't extend to protecting s from bankers (ie enemies within)

Sorry if I seemed defensive. As a gun owner I've been getting flak from all sorts guess I was just a bit touchy. Everyone is coming to me saying because I own a gun or two I'm part of the problem and not the solution to these gun rampages. I don't see how I'm involved or contribute one way or the other with these gun rampages.

My friend works a t a gun shop. One could argue that he's a part of the problem but in reality he isn't he turns people away all the time if they say, act or do anything that brings up a red flag. He even calls other gun dealers in the area and warns them that a wackadoodle may be coming to their store next. He tries to screen the psychos. But he's limited in what he can actually do other than refuse to sell. Some psychos are just very good at acting normal and decent until it's too late. WIth them pre screening is almost futile.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

It may be a good idea to listen to his works imo it was necessary at the time to help a part of society over come a specific form of tyranny and it shows his intelligence that he now speaks of the 2nd amendment not as a black man but as an american.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Don't fool yourself this tyranny would be full scale by now if it were not for the 2nd.
It seems to me that what you speak of is being wrote into our future regardless of our kind hearts

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

These guns aren't being used against your out of control government/s but against each other,

What do you expect us to do? Go kill Fed chairman and CEOs? Last time I checked that would just be terrorism.

These guns are helping keep people poor.

How?

edit on 25-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

If a cop comes to disarm me and i hand him a couple guns, hows he gona know about the other 50 i have?

Trained scent sniffing dogs. Nieghbors, family members, friends, social media web crawlers, and intercepted conversations to name a few.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
"You'll never have justice on stolen land"....

Words of a Wise Man!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Ohhhh....forgot this one too....

In a land of no guns will you be the last one to have them?? LOL......maybe that was missed.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

The Guns arent to fight the Banks. The Guns arent to fight "insert current FEAR". The Guns for normal Gun Owners is a last defense.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
good catch man, that reporter was dumbfounded. it's strange so many non-americans seem to think that guns are responsible for all the murder and mayhem and not the people pulling the triggers

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

What do you expect us to do? Go kill Fed chairman and CEOs? Last time I checked that would just be terrorism.

Exactly. Stop using the argument , that gun ownership is to prevent tyranny, as it isn't, this is self evident. Whether these theoretical actions should classed as terrorism is another matter all together.

The legal and illegal guns that permeate US society give people a sense of power and control over their lives in an otherwise uncontrollable society, where employment chances are minimal for even those with university degrees.

Gun ownership sells the lie that the US is this "Land of the Free". It is used by those on the right to illuminate the free choice that Americans have as citizens which can never and should never be taken away, when in reality there is little freedom. Little economic or societal freedom.

I'm not just spouting off on one from my armchair here in the U.K. I have been to the US six times and seen and heard this from American citizens. One chap, Eric, was living in a mobile home, as the bank had taken his house. He had a truck full of guns though, which gave him a sense of empowerment, which in reality didn't exist.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Added comment & spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I think it's safe to say we in the UK, don't really get America's obsession with guns. It's a quite a big social and cultural difference, based on our divergent histories. I actually think it is quite an important right. The ability to defend yourself and your property and have considered myself that in a SHTF scenario, having a gun would be a great tool.

I think it's the gun in one hand, bottle in another, cowboy attitude that many Americans seem to have towards their guns that perplexes so many British people. Especially after hearing about the gun massacres and the rush to buy more guns in the aftermath. It's just not a logic, most British people are familiar with.

I mean countries like Switzerland have an armed population, but don't have the same reputation as Americans with firearms.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I think it's safe to say we in the UK, don't really get America's obsession with guns.

That's ok. I'm an American, I own a gun, and I don't get our obsession with them, either.
It seems to be part of our DNA over here. Maybe there's something in the water...

To me, it's just another tool that I'll probably never need (like my toe-kick saw).
It is kinda fun to go out and shoot some cans, though.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Ha ha jokes clip.

Love that the guy wouldn't enter because he wasn't carnival personal.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I think it's safe to say we in the UK, don't really get America's obsession with guns.

That's ok. I'm an American, I own a gun, and I don't get our obsession with them, either.
It seems to be part of our DNA over here. Maybe there's something in the water...

To me, it's just another tool that I'll probably never need (like my toe-kick saw).
It is kinda fun to go out and shoot some cans, though.

A dog called Sh*thead

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Ice-T was always an intriguing rapper and an even better actor. I remember this poster with him and Darlene Ortiz, his then fiancee.

Check out the gun Darlene was wielding in this pic.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Is Ice-T the same bloke who was Mr T in some TV show in the 198's0 or 90's whenever?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join