It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians... riddle me this!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Think about what you just said there.

Break your first sentence down into two separate thoughts.

Your body will be incorruptible. Your work is fulfilling.

If your work is fulfilling (love doing it) and you're performing it with a body that never gets weak or tired, how bad can that be? Remember, sleep is not needed and there will be no such thing as night!

Edit to Add: Throw in the fact that you're witnessing the most beautiful of surroundings ever imaginable while you're doing it too.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

No night time?! Sounds horrible.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply....

But...

Ladies and gents, lets keep the arguements to a minimum...

This isn't a debate thread... It was made to explore the idea of Heaven with Jesus...

Perhaps even to bring a little hope to others as well...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

edit on 25-7-2012 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
S&F for the OP.
But a very good question. I've thought about it a lot myself.

I like JibbyJedi's reply the most. We'll go a place that accommodates us, which is everywhere and anything, even nothing (a void). Heaven and Earth occupy the same space. It's all around us. That's why you can find happiness even in this life.

So what makes you happy? That's what it's all about. The very definition of heaven is rooted in happiness. We'll eventually come back to this lower vibration to live out more experiences anyway, because that too makes us happy. The "human experience" is a great gift, I've come to realize.

But I'll admit some of the descriptions here kinda irk me. I can't fathom an eternity of the "average" life. That's so boring.
I used to want that kind of life, but it doesn't suit me much anymore. I'm a modest person, but I love adventure, love challenges, love exploring, love uncovering mystery, love loving women (
), etc.

So, I feel it will be a lot of things: no one single "heaven." Just like there are so many different environments in our plane of existence, so too will there be many different environments in the heavenly planes of existence. We transcend and enjoy it all.
edit on 25/7/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here's what heaven would be like to me:

First of all, there has to be the whole 'love one another, togetherness, unity, etc.' of all beings. Once that's in place, as unimaginably beautiful as that would be, I would tend to get a little bored, since my mind never shuts off. So, what to do in heaven? The best analogy I can come up with is a sand castle. Let's say you and a group of friends start building an elaborate sand castle, covered over with something to prevent wind/rain from destroying it... you have the best time while doing it, employing creativity, good labor, and of course the company of your friends. So, after many hours, eventually you all finish the sand castle. You all take a step back, and enjoy what you've accomplished, admiring the results of your hard work and creativity. So, what happens next? After a week or so of admiring what you've all done, you remove the covering, and let the rain completely destroy the castle. But why destroy what you all worked so hard to build? So you can re-experience the joy of being creative and productive with your friends, which was really the point, to me.

Of course, this is just an analogy, and I would envision things of a similar concept, on a much greater scale. Also, to me, happiness in heaven would have a lot to do with memory. What happens, when you're enjoying eternity, after you've read your favorite stories for the 1,000th time? What happens when you know all there is to know? What happens when everything's been done to death? You go get your memory erased! Not everything obviously, but I think it would be great to re-experience your favorite songs for the first time, read a favorite story for the first time, etc. I know some will say that's the point of living out our lives here on earth, but I'd still like to remain in heaven, and know who I was and all that. If reincarnation is true, get me off of this ride, I'm officially done with things in this realm.

To sum it up, I guess the point of my heaven would be all about the joy of creation/destruction, friendship, and discovery.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

, Stars for all serious replies... no trolls...

Trading stars for posts, eh?

I'm not a Christian, but I'd like to answer with MY perspective. In my most humble opinion (something Christians should learn to do) we will be recycled until we learn everything we're supposed to in this phase of life.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Jokes aside, I can offer real OBE experience.

Outside of these bodies, we exist. We are aware of our surroundings, and we accept the abnormalities of what we see around us as normal.

Colors, shapes, entities, all seem normal and in their place. Walls are transparent at will, floors, roofs, rocks, buildings, transparent at will, or solid if you concentrate.

Jesus and Heaven... I think that's an idealistic perspective.
We are energy. Bodies are energy vibrating at a certain frequency. When those bodies die, "we" see reality unfiltered... which IS Heaven in comparison to things like the USA and TV reality shows.

edit on 25-7-2012 by JibbyJedi because: tyops

Honestly that's the only thing i've ever really considered "religion" or "spirituality" to be, in essence some kind of energy force. That's the extent of my belief.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

, Stars for all serious replies... no trolls...

Trading stars for posts, eh?

I'm not a Christian, but I'd like to answer with MY perspective. In my most humble opinion (something Christians should learn to do) we will be recycled until we learn everything we're supposed to in this phase of life.

Lets call it a reward for a serious reply... notice not everyone got one...

Perhaps you should check my sig

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
For starters - eternity is not experienced durationally like linear time ... as eternity is not endless time but is marked by the absence of time.

Given this, there's just no possible way to quantify what the coming world, the coming existence will feel like to experience ...

... something qualitatively and quantitatively distinct from anything we've hitherto experienced is all that can really be said about it I suppose.

Secondly, Scripture itself makes it clear what we will be doing. So, I should figure that we will be going about the business of serving God including but not limited to what Scripture has detailed of the matter.

All that being said -

It doesn't matter.

When you love our Creator, you just want to be where He is.

If Christ appeared to me right now, in my room - the entire universe itself would fall away. It wouldn't matter where I was or what I was doing. Similarly, in the new heavens - all eyes will be on Him. The rest is extraneous.

As it would be, He has created a new breathtaking estate for us ... and Scripture makes it clear individuality and privacy will be honored - as Revelation states, His redeemed will each receive a white stone with a new name on it, chosen by God Himself, only to be known by God and said person. Additionally, we will all have a private residence, or mansion. We will also grow our own food, only eat what we grow, only use what we for ourselves make, etc. We will enjoy the fruits of our own labor - a very rewarding way to live even in this world. Again all of this is as outlined by Scripture.

Check out Isaiah and Revelations

Regards,

FTE
edit on 25-7-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I just wanted to say that im so sorry for the loss.... However its good to hear you are at peace now!

After a tragic event such as a loss of a loved one that was so dear, its hard. Its harder than ever to feel peace.

It took me many years after losing my step son after a five yr battle with leukemia. My son is now the same age as Josh was when he passed.

There are many, many stories I could tell you that indeed validates your wife, our loved ones, are enjoying their time back at home!

Again, im sorry and hugs to you! Oh... Kisses on the cheek too! Xxxxxxx
edit on 25-7-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If God created man and he was without sin, whatever that life was like before the fall will be similar as the way we were originally created. That's what the Bible says and I'm happy with that. I figure Adam lived millions of years before the fall anyway... just a thought.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply....

But...

Ladies and gents, lets keep the arguements to a minimum...

This isn't a debate thread... It was made to explore the idea of Heaven with Jesus...

Perhaps even to bring a little hope to others as well...

You cant have a thread without fight bro if you use the J-word. That's troll-bait for many around these parts.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

From all I've read, Heaven is beyond our comprehension. That's why Jesus spoke in parables when talking about Heaven. You have some that have had near-death experiences's that have had a glimpse of Heaven or hell, but you can't get an answer when nobody here has personal knowledge on what you ask about.
edit on 25-7-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
reply to post by Akragon

From all I've read, Heaven is beyond our comprehension. That's why Jesus spoke in parables when talking about Heaven.

I understand all of his parables... even made a thread about them..

Yet i do not remember what "heaven" is like...

Perhaps im looking for a reminder... Where is that Jhill guy anyways?

edit on 25-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hello friend, i want to play! Lol

Here is my idea of heaven..... :-)

First, let me begin what I think will happen to me when I take my last breath.

I will feel a push and be sucked out of my body.

I will then go into a tunnel filled with warm, radiating light and see my entire life flash before my eyes in an instant. Any one that I have affected on earth whether it be good or bad will be revealed to me. I will feel how I made others feel.

Next, Jesus will appear and show me how I kept his teachings by offering love to anyone and everyone no matter their difference. He will show me how I could have done better and the elders will also show me how I could have done better with many instances that I failed to take advantage of.

I will then be reunited with everyone that has passed before me in this life and past lives.... Even my pets will await my arrival as everyone will be excited to be with me again too!

Finally, im back home.

Streets are golden and there is a peace. I feel much lighter and the worries of the world have left my very being without a trace of negativity!! There is only love and acceptance in my heaven...

What will I do? Time is not like it is here so there is really not much time to get ready for my reincarnation as I know me, i will be eager to make my next journey to learn what it is I didnt learn this life. I will want to make the mark this time and not miss it. I will want to be as perfect as I can be!

So, i assume I will hang out, work, teach, learn, and await for my next mission. :-)

In my opinion heaven is whatever you want it to be. There is no language.... Just thoughts and the most overwhelming sense of love and understanding for all. You can eat, but you dont have to. You can be whatever age you want... And so on.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hello friend, i want to play! Lol

Then welcome to my playground

Awesome reply hun... kinda reminds me of my Tibetan Book of the Dead thread...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Matt 13:44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."
This is 1 out of 24 that I think I know. As much as he said, this is why he spoke the parables because there is no way we in this form can understand what he is describing.
Just an off shoot of what I'm trying to say in relation, we see lees than 25% of the light spectrum. Way less if I remember right. There is so much that we do not understand or even realize as possible, that this is not such a big leap of faith for me.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

As much as he said, this is why he spoke the parables because there is no way we in this form can understand what he is describing.

You don't understand?

The "kingdom of heaven" can be found in "selflessness" even love... its not that complicated... Its a lesson that's been taught for millenia, even before Jesus...

Earth becomes the kingdom when you remove wanting... and understand what will be... will be... This is also why "satan" is a representation of Materialism... attachment to "earthly things"

but you can't get an answer when nobody here has personal knowledge on what you ask about.

I disagree... we've all been there many times... I think its very possible in this "time of enlightenment" so to speak, its very possible that people have retained the memory of heaven

edit on 25-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Matt 13:44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."
This is 1 out of 24 that I think I know. As much as he said, this is why he spoke the parables because there is no way we in this form can understand what he is describing.
Just an off shoot of what I'm trying to say in relation, we see lees than 25% of the light spectrum. Way less if I remember right. There is so much that we do not understand or even realize as possible, that this is not such a big leap of faith for me.

He actually spoke in parables to HIDE the message from those who were not His sheep. And after the incident where they blasphemed the Holy Spirit He only taught publicly in parables.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join