It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians... riddle me this!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by shogun12

Hell is not 'eternity' away from god, that's impossible in my opinion.

God is nature, the universe, and the universe is his kingdom. If this is not the kingdom of god, then what is it?

The bible says that when you turn away from god, you are cast into hell. Humans turned away from god centuries ago by cutting down the forests of Earth and polluting its waters and taking advantage of everything, all for an extra buck.

When humans turned their back to god and started to destroy nature for their own profit, Earth turned into hell.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by shogun12

Hell is not 'eternity' away from god, that's impossible in my opinion.

God is nature, the universe, and the universe is his kingdom. If this is not the kingdom of god, then what is it?

The bible says that when you turn away from god, you are cast into hell. Humans turned away from god centuries ago by cutting down the forests of Earth and polluting its waters and taking advantage of everything, all for an extra buck.

When humans turned their back to god and started to destroy nature for their own profit, Earth turned into hell.

That would be Pantheism.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

You do realize I only said what Jesus Himself said as to why He spoke in parables when His apostles asked Him? To hide truth, not to make it easier to understand? So you're not really arguing with me, but with Christ Himself.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm not an expert by any means, but going to Heaven does seem to be the ultimate goal. Once in Heaven, praising God seems to be all that is done. But, it is also supposed to be a constant feeling of love, or the feeling that many try to acquire using drugs and religion here on Earth, but to a greater degree. With a feeling like that, I think anyone could sit around all day doing the same thing, lol. But it is not supposed to be a physical body, to my knowledge...So you wouldn't have to go the bathroom, or eat, etc. Just my two cents, and that is what I understand from religious teachings, as well as near death experiences.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

And your point is? I don't label myself as anything but if you must label me then yes, I am a 'pantheist'.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

And your point is? I don't label myself as anything but if you must label me then yes, I am a 'pantheist'.

You can believe whatever you wish, it's your life. Pantheism is an unBiblical Theology Proper.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

What do you mean by that?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by borntowatch

That works too! I love hot chocolate!

As long as theres beer...

Why so serious?

edit on 25-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I really believe you are just passing time. You don't really want to know the answer to the question at hand. After all, "why so serious"? Are you not wanting a serious response? I believe that we can't imagine what heaven would be like, as we are living an earthly life - with sin all around. I believe that words can't explain heaven. I know it will be beautiful!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yet the bible is how I came to my conclusion.

You refuse to see the obvious, you'd rather keep going along with the status quo. It's a shame really, because you will live out your life believing that this is not heaven when it really is.

That kind of mentality is what has caused the destruction of Earth, people believing their is something 'better' after this life, and as long as you believe in Jesus you will get to this 'better' place.

Since there is something 'better', why worry about what happens to this 'inferior' planet? That is the mentality that religion has instilled on billions.

You may hate religion but you still believe in what it teaches without ever questioning it.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Riddle me this? What? Are you like 13 years old and reading batman comics.
What is in your head to say "riddle me this" as a question to other adults.

Yeah I have to agree with this guy, your OP subject of "riddle me this..." was uncalled for, as in the OP you say you're not making fun, but you come off as aggressive and passionate about the topic. You won't get serious answers to a question that is not serious.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by knightwhosaysnih

Originally posted by knightwhosaysnih

Originally posted by borntowatch
Riddle me this? What? Are you like 13 years old and reading batman comics.
What is in your head to say "riddle me this" as a question to other adults.

Yeah I have to agree with this guy, your OP subject of "riddle me this..." was uncalled for, as in the OP you say you're not making fun, but you come off as aggressive and passionate about the topic. You won't get serious answers to a question that is not serious.

It's a catchy intro to an interesting subject.

Now, please pull the crab out of your sphincter.
edit on 26-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

UnBiblical means against or contrary to what the Bible declares.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Yet the bible is how I came to my conclusion.

You refuse to see the obvious, you'd rather keep going along with the status quo. It's a shame really, because you will live out your life believing that this is not heaven when it really is.

That kind of mentality is what has caused the destruction of Earth, people believing their is something 'better' after this life, and as long as you believe in Jesus you will get to this 'better' place.

Since there is something 'better', why worry about what happens to this 'inferior' planet? That is the mentality that religion has instilled on billions.

You may hate religion but you still believe in what it teaches without ever questioning it.

That's absolutely not what the Bible teaches. It teaches that God is transcendent above His creation. Pantheism has nothing to do with Christianity or Judaism.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

UnBiblical means against or contrary to what the Bible declares.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, they say...
edit on 26-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

It's not contrary to what the bible says. It might be contrary to what the popular interpretation is but not the bible.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think the confusion and controversy here stems from the fact that no one knows what the Bible actually means.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Yes, god does transcend his creation. It transcends our understanding, just like the universe.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
More assumptions. *sigh*

How about we focus on the question instead of me...

No one is being forced to read or participate in this thread...

Theres been a lot of great replies... But seriously...

Lighten up people... Geez

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

True, but if you look at it non-biased you will start yo find that truth within it. I believe my interpretation is the correct one, just as they think theirs is, the only difference is my interpretation is based on reality, not fantasy.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by knightwhosaysnih

Dear knightswhosaysnih,

Akragon was attempting to be amusing as is usually the case. In fact, I had originally used the title in regards to non-believers quite awhile ago and part of his use of the title may have been as a friendly jab at me. It is a reference to the old tv show Batman because it was what the Riddler (not the Joker) used to say. Basically, it means put your thinking caps on because I am presenting you with a deeper question than you are accustomed to. Personally, I believe that Akragon does not make fun of people's religions, he makes fun of religious people who either don't know their bible or their belief sets and say things contrary to their own bibles teachings. Alas poor Akragon, I knew him well, a fellow of infinite jest. That might explain why he uses the Cheshire Cat as his avatar. Peace.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join