It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians... riddle me this!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

That is part of the reason I love you, you have such a wonderful sense of humor. I am sorry that I do not show more of mine. I am quite playful in person. I believe my writing comes off as much more serious than I really am. That video really made my day. Peace dear friend.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

An eight foot angel with a flaming sword took Percy's soul on a six hour journey through space to a great planet called Heaven. "It's over two trillion miles away. We passed two light years in one hour." After passing the sun at millions of miles a minute, we came to another sun and another solar system and planets all around it. Heaven is a real planet 80 times bigger than the earth and 2,000,000 miles around.

Hahahha... I just did the maths on this, at the speed he says they were travelling and the distance given, it would have taken nearly 230 years to arrive at 'heaven'....

Ahhh... But wait! A little twisting the facts and mental gymnastics and we get: he didn't mean it literally! It's some kind of measure just to give people an idea, like 40 days and 40 nights.... Because it totally doesn't just say 40 days/nights in the bible does it?

And as for the part about continuing to do use your talents as you did on earth?! Are you # ing me?! Please god, NO! That sounds more like hell to me... I've worked in my current job for 8 years and my current field for well over ten, if I have to do another 20 I'll go insane, let alone all effing eternity! It's all good and well if you're a musician or an artist like she describes but, what if your only earthly skill/talent/contribution was packing bathroom tiles into a small, cardboard box? Or maybe pumping out cesspits? Hmmm... Not shure she thought that one through when she made her story up....

Honestly, when we die, we're dead.. The end... Not a shred of evidence to suggest otherwise.... But... If it was all "meeting up with Jesus" then I guess... I dunno... You'd sleep over at his, stay up late and eat ice cream, watch a film.... Erm... Praise him... (do you have to still do that every day even once you're in heaven or is that just to get there?) stuff like that I suppose.... Man that sounds boring!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

really? lol

you ask him if he expects a serieus answer.....well your reply is pretty serious, for all the wrong reasons. and what are YOU? the internet police? Get a life man. relax, it's not that deep

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

well if we as humans have been around for the past 12,000 years (biblical speaking) and still have yet to barely scratch the surface of the universe, I'm not all that worried about what heavens going to be like, I think I will trust God and just wait for the surprise.

questions like this are useless because we have no clue all we know is that we will live for eternity, get a new body, and worship God thats about it. The biggest one I think people misunderstand is the worshiping God thing, This dosen't mean hands and kneas for eternity whaleing out to god or chanting. As a christian you are taught (atleast I was) every action in your life that focuses on God is worship, so just walking around thinking about God is really a form of worship.

Its like asking what hell is like we really have no clue, its sad that people take the discription from dante's inferno and act like its biblical, but then when you ask them where this discription is in the bible they have no clue. All we really know about hell is that it is a place void of God, and you wont be happy there. thats it.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Go outside if you live in area with no or little light or next time you go camping. Look up, now imagine visiting each sun and then each planet orbiting that sun. That's what I think we will do.

It is the stellar playground created for us when we mature a bit more to respect it and treat it properly, not like our planet. If we can learn to do this we can travel the stars and that will take up a good portion of eternity.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Riddle me this? What? Are you like 13 years old and reading batman comics.
What is in your head to say "riddle me this" as a question to other adults.

Do you expect a serious answer to a childish question like that.
You dont think that patronising smug arrogant attitude is going to make people think you are a...well whatever they may wish to think of you.

Yeah we toast marshmallows and drink hot chocolate.
Childish answer suits a childish question.

I think that "Riddle me This" was a bite off of The Hangover (Movie)...
I think the guys name is Stew?? he says that a few times I believe.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

You dont think that patronising smug arrogant attitude is going to make people think you are a...well whatever they may wish to think of you.

I think that "Riddle me This" was a bite off of The Hangover (Movie)...
I think the guys name is Stew?? he says that a few times I believe.

Know thy roots...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
um, total spiritual fulfillment for all eternity? No more death and sadness?to be in the presence of God, have every question you ever had answered? I will try that on for size. To be honest we have no frame of reference to compare it to but I always thought it might approximate a feeling of limitless endless joy and fulfillment.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If a species like humans have made it to space they are probably be only a vast few in the view of evolution and science because by the time they discover space flight and become good at it they will probably be wiped out by disease or eradicated by some cosmic event. I've got to go for now but I will add some more later.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I guess because you want a simple answer think about this. Hell is actually eternity separated from Him, away from His presence, never able to access Him again not even in the limited way we do while here and knowing, I suppose, that you could have been with Him and chose not to.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If this were true, the clerics would not have known it was them He talked about on the parable of the property owner that left his vineyards in the care of his servants that eventually killed the land owner's son thinking they would inheret the land. Can't be both.
edit on 26-7-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled

If this were true, the clerics would not have known it was them He talked about on the parable of the property owner that left his vineyards in the care of his servants that eventually killed the land owner's son thinking they would inheret the land. Can't be both.

What cant be both?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Wow, you are a zombie of modern culture. Do your research next time.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You have to think of it this way! Right now we are physical beings and therefore subject to the laws of Time/Space but in the afterworld we will most likely be made up of pure energy and as such time may not be relative! We may not actually be sitting or feeling anything but pure love and a total connection to all life!
Now I am not positive about any of this but i don't think if we ever do make it to this relm that we will ever be bored! IMO we may be totally content with everything but can only make it there if our lives were shown to of assended our petty selfish ways! This could be why the gates of heaven are so narrow and entrance to hell is so wide! Though this is mere conjecture for the truth of the afterlife can only ever be understood beyond the physical
relm! There was a long time when I was sure that God, heaven and the afterlife was all bunk but today i'm not so sure it is! I believe it's easier to be an athiest then have to worry about eternal suffering but that is for another thread! The Truth is it's best not to dismiss or believe in anything wholeheartedly because we can never truely discern what the actual truth is beyond our own perceptions! In this kind of thinking we can never be dissapointed or suprised! We must be penitent and truely believe that our choices may go beyond the here and now to forever scar our souls to a fate beyond our understanding! For only fools are certain of anything!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by GoldenRuled

What cant be both?

I'll give this a shot. God, Jesus, Holy Spirit loves all of us. We create our own destinies. (I also believe our lives are pre-ordained).
The events of Jesus' life is the physical embodiment of God's love. I do believe seeing eyes can be made blind in a metaphorical and literal sense. Saul on his way to Jeruselum to hunt christians as an example of the literal. Jesus walking with his disciples after his crucifying. When it was revealed to them who He actually was at breaking of bread, He vanished. I wouldn't know how to label that. Jesus said again and again the Kingdom of Heaven is open to 'all' who seek it. He didn't say this person or that person, but woe to those that bring the world to what it is right before Armageddon. I think most believe that to be now.
Signs in the heaven's I believe is the only thing we lack as far as fulfilling the check list of what is to be happening at his return. I know there has been a lot of solar activity lately, but no computer to access this data, no signs in the heavens. We know what we are meant to know individually I believe. How we act on that determines our direction after this world. And how we act on it determines how we are rewarded. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Seems pretty straightup about whether or not God punishes us in this life. People that say he doesn't, hasn't read very much of the Bible, IMO. My life has shown me not to rile God up. Sorry to stray on the subject.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think heaven could be anything you would want it to be.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

"Oompa Loompa doopity doo, Heaven isnt quite right for you..."

Never was much of a believer in the traditional form of Christianity anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Lol!!! It is a relevant question, what is your damage? Did he hit a nerve? Are you searching for an answer? If anything, your reaction is childish.

I commend the OP for asking a question outside of the box!

He meant no disrespect (as originally posted), and I fail to see why you would take time out of your busy schedule to address his post with your displeasure. That is the epitomy of childishness.

On top of that you didnt even contribute, save for trying to stroke your own ego.

Granted, his choice of "Riddle me this" may not be for everyone, but its apt, and not like he said "Now my fuzzy dragons, what thinketh thee of Jeebus and the starry Heavens"

I did find your post amusing though, and bear no ill will
just give him a break

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I became Christian when I was 21 (I'm in my mid thirties now) and it was completely synchronistic with falling in love for the first time, I felt that I had been turned inside out, or as if I'd spent a million years face down in the earth and had suddenly woken up, or made some sort of decision just to turn around and 'see the light'. So yeah, all the cliches apply and I definitely think you have to understand the Christ principle as love in order to grasp what Christianity is and means in all its mystic, cosmic, psychological and historical implications.

What I understand by 'heaven' is a certain quality and intensity of being that transcends space and time - this means that to be in union with Christ, in love, at any given point in one's live, is to experience heaven. Most, if not all of us, experience heaven at some stage in our lives. Of course the reverse is also true in that it is possible as well to experience 'eternal hell' while on this earth, which is something anyone who's suffered greatly - with the loss of a loved one, depression, or something terrible happening - will readily understand. Most of us, I think, can understand this - probably all of us.

In terms of what happens when we leave this Earth, I do believe there is also the potential to break the wheel of suffering, as Buddha put it, by the dual action of Salvation from above (via Christ) and personal upward action of atonement through prayer, purification of karma, good works and so on. Christianity is a step forward from Buddhism, which set out the methods for a person to save themselves over many, many, many incarnations. Christ would teach some similar methods in order for disciple to complete the 'great work', to walk the path of return and participate in the saving of the world by self sacrifice and purification, but the task is infinitely more 'simple' (ie, destined to succeed), because we are met by the redeeming force of the King of Love and Prince of Peace = the promise of the rainbow.

What I think is sorely misunderstood is the divine feminine aspect of Christianity and indeed Christ, due to the patriarchal state of most churches. Many consider the Holy Spirit aspect of the Trinity - the active, vivifying force, the wind that blows where it will - to be the feminine....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that we are already in 'heaven'. Lots of people have a skewed perception on what heaven is, that Earth cannot be in heaven because of all the bad things that happen on Earth, but they fail to realize that what happens on Earth affects nothing outside of Earth, and what's outside of Earth is heaven, or the universe.

The universe is perfect in every way just as heaven is described. Earth is hell within heaven. Ever heard the phrase 'as above, so below'? That applied here, Earth is hell within heaven.

What happens after this life is we are reincarnated, or 'born again' into heaven, which is the universe. When people say we are not in heaven, they are just separating themselves from god.
edit on 26-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join