It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran nuclear energy facility hit with malware that plays AC/DC at full volume!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I would have played this:

Because if I remember correctly, the "hammer to fall" is a reference to an atomic bomb dropping.

Either that or Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance

Edit: Yep, I was right,

The lyrics at several points refer to the Cold War era in which the band members grew up, fuelling the popular conception that the song was about nuclear war:

For we who grew up tall and proud
In the shadow of the mushroom cloud
Convinced our voices can't be heard
We just wanna scream it louder and louder and louder
What the hell are we fighting for
Just surrender and it won't hurt at all

The term "waiting for the hammer to fall" in the song was taken to refer to the anticipation by the public that Cold War would turn "hot" - or, alternatively, as a reference to the Soviet Hammer and Sickle. The song also contains references to death and its inevitability:

Rich or poor or famous
For your truth it's all the same (oh no oh no)
Lock your door but the rain is pouring
Through your window pane (oh no)
Baby now your struggle's all in vain, yeah, yeah.

edit on 26/7/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I cant believe the double standards of some ATS members !

The outrage at the Fukishima incident , now your goading americas cyber warfare department aka (hackers) to go all out and cyber attack Iran evenmore
despite the possibility of a nuclear disaster !

edit on 26-7-2012 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I use the same tactic with my neighbours.
When they annoy me they get to listen to heavy metal all day long.Needless to say they think twice before they do or say anything stupid

It's really funny and propably the nuclear facility is not in any danger.It's just a psychological warfare tactic to break the Iranian's moral.Trust me after the 20th time of thunderstruck,they will decide to close the power plant themselves

It would be funnier if they send them some black/death metal song.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Should have been "Highway To Hell"

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

As I've said before , there are probably a few AC/DC fans that work there ! who most likely are still air guitar riffing their way through the 300th repitition of thunderstruck !

However if its just a normal system they can just pull the plug and put a new one in on a closed network.
Cyber attacking Iran will only give them fair play to use their own cyber warfare on US targets !

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by 3n19m470

Ok please nominate yourself for the Darwin award !

Have you any idea what a nuclear disaster can do to earth with fallout and nuclear particles carried by the wind and rain .

I assume , that due to your post your not aware of how a nuclear disaster can effect the planet , please see
Chernobyl
for some education.

Your post is complete ignorance , Iran is not a backwards country , its very different to western society , but they dont live in caves and have only recently discovered fire !
There are probably more than a few AC/DC fans in Iran .
Also the plant has a PA system , the computers most likely linked to this system .

Stop chewing and swallowing that propaganda their shovelling into your mouth !

Please educate yourself on sarcasm. He was obviously laughing as he wrote it, and I lauged when I read it, why so serious?

Maybe a nuclear disaster isn't a good topic to be making jokes about, but this accident didn't even happen...

But good point with the PA system, it said "workroom computers" in the letter, but it could have been the PA, and that would have been completely crazy! (Imagine working nightshift with the same song playing whole shift

EDIT: sorry, I thought I was replying to the latest comment, but that was last page.
edit on 26-7-2012 by salainen because: I needed to add quote because of ambiguity of my post

edit on 26-7-2012 by salainen because: added some stuff...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen

Yeh no problem , I live in scotland sarcasm is my third langauge after english !

making jokes about nuclear disaster isnt really funny ! It really is no laughing matter,
this malware could be a decoy virus , whilst they are busy removing or blocking that , it gives another
more malicious code the opportunity to do untold damage until its too late !

Yeh I can imagine how annoying and stressful that would be , but common sense would dictate taking a pair of wire snips to the PA system wire and cutting it off completely problem solved!
Unless most of the staff are hardcore rock fans and opted to keep it on all night as motivational music !
Taking core smaples whilst playing air guitar , or playing air guitar with a carbon rod !

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Yeh no problem , I live in scotland sarcasm is my third langauge after english !

making jokes about nuclear disaster isnt really funny ! It really is no laughing matter,
this malware could be a decoy virus , whilst they are busy removing or blocking that , it gives another
more malicious code the opportunity to do untold damage until its too late !

Yeh I can imagine how annoying and stressful that would be , but common sense would dictate taking a pair of wire snips to the PA system wire and cutting it off completely problem solved!
Unless most of the staff are hardcore rock fans and opted to keep it on all night as motivational music !
Taking core smaples whilst playing air guitar , or playing air guitar with a carbon rod !

As far as I know the last virus didn't cause a nuclear fallout, just stopped the plant from working. Although it could have been to prevent the fallout, ie. if the person had been late maybe there would have been a disaster. But I really don't think he meant his comment to be taken seriously. And I found it mildly amusing (that was a completely hypothetical joke after all, no real accident has happened).

Yeah, I doubt the music played for too long... You don't even need a cybersecurity expert to stop that. Unless the PA system is secured in a way that prevents anyone from tampering with it.

And just to be clear I didn't mean to critizise your comment or anything, just posting my thoughts-you make a valid point.

Offtopic: English isn't the primary language of Scotts?
edit on 26-7-2012 by salainen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Dammit, wrong thread, sorry
edit on 26/7/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I wonder why ACDC though, there is actual terrible music out there. Is it because ACDC is proven to be the loudest or something? Kind of insulting to ACDC fans, your music is used for degrading the enemy's psyche..lol

I read awhile back that they tried playing loud heavy metal to the prisoners in Abu Ghraib to demoralise them, but instead the younger prisoners loved it and started playing air guitar to it etc.

They then, successfully, used loud country & western instead!

I think it's more of a one-finger salute message to them instead. "You've been thunderstruck!"

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think this would be more appropriate!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Having watched ghost in the shell numerous times ! its quite interesting that cyber warfare will eventually play out as depicted in ghost in the shell . Right now we are seeing the beginnings of cyber warefare between nations .
Although they are stating that it is the work of rogue hackers , however any nation can claim that it was the work of rogue hackers or terror cells . When its most likely the work of a clandestine operation by a alphabet agency!

America's Cyber warfare division is in full operation , Im sure that these smaller malware propgrams are a divisionary tactic to take attention away from another system . With the IT /security team working around the clock to patch the system and remove the code , this leaves other areas ungaurded or less gaurded allowing more stealthy code to sneak into the system and lay dormant !
that FLAME code thats been kicking about apparently has infected millions of PC's and lays dormant awaiting commands!

Yes scottish people dont really speak english , we speak slang / or colloquialism's which vary from area to area in scotland ! It;s like a really watered down version of english. Auld scots isnt spoken at all anymore in scotland , but our slang is derived from it . Gaelic whilst mostly spoken in the outer isles is not as common as it used to be . They dont teach Gaelic or auld scots in school anymore !
You will be hard pressed to find a scottish person who can actually string a full english sentence together without using any slang , its just habit !

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Phantom traveller

As I've said before , there are probably a few AC/DC fans that work there ! who most likely are still air guitar riffing their way through the 300th repitition of thunderstruck !

Now that they learned thunderstruck the hackers should send them the rest of the songs.

However if its just a normal system they can just pull the plug and put a new one in on a closed network.
Cyber attacking Iran will only give them fair play to use their own cyber warfare on US targets !

The way i see it,if the main system was in any danger,this would be the first thing that we would learn.Iranian goverment would be all over it about how close they came to a meltdown or something like that.Either a real situation or propaganda they would use it.
On another note we don't know yet who is behind the attacks.I know that USA or Israel are the number 1 suspects,but what if this is an inside job?
Not any serious harm done and a they have a justification for a future attack.We've seen this done before,so why not here as well?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Who is reporting this? Why would they want it to be reported? What impressions does it leave?

Reports can say two things at once, the surface message most people read, and the message to "those who know better".

C'mon.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Think it's cool? What if those nuclear reactors melt down and millions get contaminated... are people gonna like it to listen to '"Thunderstruck" then?

edit on 26/7/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
Who is reporting this? Why would they want it to be reported? What impressions does it leave?

Reports can say two things at once, the surface message most people read, and the message to "those who know better".

C'mon.

Its being reported by F-Secure, see my previous post, it comes from a letter sent by an Iranian scientist aparently working at the plant (note, source is a scientist, not a security person, or a person in charge). They might want to report it because they find it weird-although its probably not in their best interest to leak info like that out, the people running the Iranian powerplant might not like it.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda

Originally posted by Tramadolnights

Originally posted by Thunda
reply to post by Tramadolnights

What?? Hardly in the same vein- they get a bit of Rock music, you want to replay a terrorist atrocity where thousands died? Wow.......

Also, where does it say that America did this?

Absolutely. Since you lot don't show restraint in your global actions, I fail to see why Iran should do the same.

It might make you lot realise just what the world thinks of you.

Well, firstly, Im not American, so Im not one of 'you lot' (Wow.....), secondly, if you genuinely wanted to 'show America what the world thinks of them' (and I dont think you do) do you really think that your playing 9/11 imagery and recordings of the wounded and dying would help that cause? Because I think it would actually cause more pain and suffering- alot more than a bit of rock music would.

Kindly keep your offensive trolling to yourself.

Are you... mindless? Do you not see how this is a crime? I like rap, so if they played rap music - i'd be ok with it? What is wrong with this thread? I see a bunch of seemingly kids calling those who work in this facility enemies! Does that justify these actions? Get with the times. This is wrong, and if you can't see what this guy is saying... then, may you find Jesus.

Wrong is wrong.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

reply to post by 3n19m470

Ok please nominate yourself for the Darwin award !

Have you any idea what a nuclear disaster can do to earth with fallout and nuclear particles carried by the wind and rain .

I assume , that due to your post your not aware of how a nuclear disaster can effect the planet , please see
Chernobyl
for some education.

Your post is complete ignorance , Iran is not a backwards country , its very different to western society , but they dont live in caves and have only recently discovered fire !
There are probably more than a few AC/DC fans in Iran .
Also the plant has a PA system , the computers most likely linked to this system .

Stop chewing and swallowing that propaganda their shovelling into your mouth !

Please educate yourself on sarcasm. He was obviously laughing as he wrote it, and I lauged when I read it, why so serious?

Maybe a nuclear disaster isn't a good topic to be making jokes about, but this accident didn't even happen...

But good point with the PA system, it said "workroom computers" in the letter, but it could have been the PA, and that would have been completely crazy! (Imagine working nightshift with the same song playing whole shift

EDIT: sorry, I thought I was replying to the latest comment, but that was last page.
edit on 26-7-2012 by salainen because: I needed to add quote because of ambiguity of my post

edit on 26-7-2012 by salainen because: added some stuff...

It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye! This is lame. Who ever did this is a fool in my opinion. Trust me, it has to be someone who lacks maturity and self-discipline. And some call this humor! I can see how my son would think this is funny, check - he's 7. Expand the mind and see what right. Clearly, this is not!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
DOS for NTFS. Just erase all the files installed on the appropriate date. Now I know why Microsoft ditched DOS, the world's mightiest malware destroyer.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

For the purposes of the thread here is the song.

77 Iranian Nuclear scientists disliked this song.
okee9 12 hours ago
lol top comment

Bunch of trolls.. but anyway, this is some psychological warfare, probably a culture shock in some cases i'd imagine. I wonder why ACDC though, there is actual terrible music out there. Is it because ACDC is proven to be the loudest or something? Kind of insulting to ACDC fans, your music is used for degrading the enemy's psyche..lol
edit on 24-7-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

AC/DC is deeply Satanic music. By saying that I'm not dissing it. I love AC/DC, but you have to admit, they wear the devil suit like a second skin. That's what is so awesome about them. They don't espouse violence, they don't espouse drugs, even. They have this intensely Satanic attitude, with just the right amount of humor thrown in. Of course Satan has a sense of humor. He's been playing devil to Jesus' angel for thousands of years! In reality they are great friends. The kind of freedom that AC/DC epitomizes is the same freedom that Jesus taught; "The truth will set you free". This truth is: "I am what I am, and I don't have to apologize for that, to you or anyone else." That flies in the face of all Abrahamic religions, Especially (!) Islam! More so than even Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Zombie, or Marilyn Manson (Though Mary's pretty close, minus the humor).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join