It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran nuclear energy facility hit with malware that plays AC/DC at full volume!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
When Cyrus the Great was fighting the Scythians (Massagetae) he made his army retreat and leave all their wine behind. It was a cunning ploy. The Scythian army came upon the wine and got absolutely wasted. Then Cyrus returned and very easily massacred the drunk soldiers.

A few days later Cyrus had his head chopped off and the Persians were defeated but, still, the wine ploy was a good idea.

Perhaps when we invade Iran and go into the nuclear facilities we will find a bunch of stoned scientists with long hair and blue jeans, listening to The Razor's Edge...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Perhaps when we invade Iran and go into the nuclear facilities we will find a bunch of stoned scientists with long hair and blue jeans, listening to The Razor's Edge...

You never know, they might enjoy talking books...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tramadolnights

Yes the United States used an Australian band as a weapon to annoy some scientists...

I personally find this a far better tactic than bombs... Of course that was "if" it was the US.. I hear Israel likes to rock out!!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
IMHO it might not have anything to do with the U.S or any western nation. it could just as likely be anti Iranian govenment hackers.

also if i do recall the iranian govenrment were stoning Emos and Goths to death. simply for liking this sort of music.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The nuclear workers ought to be thanking the hackers for sending some good music to enrich uranium too. This is hilarious, and whomever sent this malware to Iran has got sense of humor. This ought to pump them up to get the bomb done. After all these breaches at Iranian nuclear facilities? Makes you wonder why they have not got in touch with a more competent team of IT professionals? Apparently, their current IT department seems to be filled with a bunch of two-bit hacks. I got a good laugh from this article. Although, I bet the Iranians are not too happy about it.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Hey hey, lets not sink the pink buddy.......

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I dunno, kinda sweet you guys. Make our enemies so cool that we'll have to be bro

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Oh how much fun the CIA, FBI or whoever over at good ol' U.S and A. have who did this.

Now if only Iran returned the favor, they deserve it so BAD.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

0h no this is very bad news, now the RIAA is going to come down hard on them guys. Might have well write Iran off the map. Now that the lawyers of the RIAA is going to nail them for downloading and playing a mp3 song

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

You made me lol, I love it when hackers have a sense of humour when they're screwing with big companies. The fact that it is AC/DC just playing over and over and stuck on full volume makes it so much better. Stars for you.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Some one at the CIA or Israel is getting a talking too right now.

"You never said NOT to have it play ACDC all night..."

lmao star for you for making me laugh

2 funny

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The posting on f-secure sound less like a hacker than someone with access to the network bribed to load software into computers he has access to.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
so...I cant add links or provide sources, but if you ask any goverment I.T workers, they will be able to tell you about project¿ Flame. Started 2007, is in several middle east countries. Was implimented by u.s gov. Malware to grab audio, video, and pretty much everything else. I dont have the luxury of a pc or else i would do a search, but i swear the programme has been discussed here. (on ats)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'd play Rammstein-Feuer Frei

-SAP-
edit on 26-7-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I for one don't like the idea of malware targeting nuclear facility computer... you never know what kind of mess these virus can do critical system. A nuclear accident is a real possibility.

A highly doubt that it was on machines that directly control anything that could cause a nuclear accident. Those machines (unless they are idiots), would be on a closed network, with no Internet access, and no floppy drives, USB ports, etc. These are probably just their normal daily activity computers. And thus.. pretty darn funny.

Some computers in my company got infected. It was a screaming virus. Scared he bejeebus out of some employees. It screamed until they clicked on a button. Many did just to stop the screaming. Good times.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

My favorite song of all time.. I like the way you think !!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
If anything this is bad news for not just Iran but for the whole region , if this malware causes shutdown of critical systems then this could potentially cause a nuclear disaster.
Which is not good for Iran and not good for anyone else !

Cmon all of you applauding this incredibly stupid move in cyber warfare !

Also for those of you who think that Iran is backwards and doesnt allow freedom of expression and musical choices
you couldnt be further from the truth !

The bboy culture in Iran is strong and there are many bboys and crews and Dj's and bboy jams and graffiti crews all doing their thing with complete freedom from the government. Also the governement in Iran is now directing more funding into local communities to help in creating training areas and gyms for the youth to practice and train in the art of breaking !

So yeh they are backwards and listen to outdated middle eastern music !

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Brilliant!

This reminded me of a fairly recent news article that claimed that CIA is going to start trolling

Seriously though, Iran seems to have more problems with their Nuclear program-although the news comes from an email sent by an Iranian scientist to F-Secure, and is not necessarily a reliable source, and is definately not an official notice. I wouldn't have thought that the computers in a nuclear plant would even have speakers-what would they listen to?

Offtopic: 1st post.
edit on 26-7-2012 by salainen because: forgot to add the actual content...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
I for one don't like the idea of malware targeting nuclear facility computer... you never know what kind of mess these virus can do critical system. A nuclear accident is a real possibility.

Dude...its on the other side of the world, who cares??? Besides... Playing AC/DC to a bunch of Muslim Arabs? That must be so crazy for them!!! HaHAAAAA! You can't tell me the value of sheer hilarious-ness alone doesn't outweigh, by default, any minor inconvenience a nuclear crisis MIGHT cause to us, lol!

...Says Average Joe.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Ok please nominate yourself for the Darwin award !

Have you any idea what a nuclear disaster can do to earth with fallout and nuclear particles carried by the wind and rain .

I assume , that due to your post your not aware of how a nuclear disaster can effect the planet , please see
Chernobyl
for some education.

Your post is complete ignorance , Iran is not a backwards country , its very different to western society , but they dont live in caves and have only recently discovered fire !
There are probably more than a few AC/DC fans in Iran .
Also the plant has a PA system , the computers most likely linked to this system .

Stop chewing and swallowing that propaganda their shovelling into your mouth !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join