It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza Blockade Over? Egypt Opens Border to Palestinians

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Gaza Blockade Over? Egypt Opens Border to Palestinians

news.antiwar.com

Five years of full-scale blockade of the Gaza Strip may have finally come to an end in the wee hours of Monday morning, with Egyptian officials announcing that they are opening the border unilaterally and completely to all Palestinians, including those stuck in the strip.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Also found this clip about it from RT.

So it seems the blockade is finally over... This has got to be the best news ever for those poor Palestinians living in Gaza... or is it? Might this have been planned along with Israel? Might this be just another way of Israel to get rid of those pesky Palestinians from "their" land? Let´s see how long until the Gaza strip is officially taken over by Israel once the Palestinians have left...

news.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-7-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hmmmm, something to keep an eye on for sure. Interesting development.
edit on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 04:15:29 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It seems like the wolf is inviting the sheep to tea

I`m putting a £100 bet on Israel being the hypocrites they are and gassing people before the end of this year , mark my words.

Mod note: Removed inappropriate remarks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/26/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
this will be my first post, but felt compelled to write it regardless. I saw a Youtube video posted here recently with egypt's new president(EDIT: its actually a MB cleric, sorry for my ignorance) singing about taking over Israel, could he be preparing something for the future, something he doesn't want his palestani friends exposed to? hmmmm

EDIT: heres the clip

codes not embedding... heres the link

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-7-2012 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Good for Egypt, I say Bravo

I dont want to hear one western politician complain about it either..
edit on 24-7-2012 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Most of the blockades from Gaza in to Egypt was by command of Hamas, not the Israelis!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Good for the Gazans! They can actually get a break from the Strip once in a while and will hopefully get their economy moving. It will be interesting to see how long this lasts, as as noted in the links the Egyptian military and internal security forces see the Palestinians in Gaza as a "security threat". I think they are still on a hangover from the Mubarak era when Hamas was seen as a revolutionary movement with the potential to influence events in Egypt, especially in co-operation with the Muslim Brotherhood.

I think they need to wake up and realise that the MB is now the government of Egypt and WILL be helping the Palestinians in Gaza. I suppose they will need to keep an eye out for the more radical elements within the Strip such as Islamic Jihad, but on the whole if this truly is an indefinite lifting of the siege this is good news.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

first of all thats not Egypt new president and as i dont speak Egyptian and it has been translated by rabbi tv i am very skeptical about the video

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
lifting the blockade is going to get women and children out and more guns and ammo IN.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Yes blatantly. As Israel seems intent on continuing the conflict indefinitely or until the ethnic cleansing of Mandate Palestine is complete, Hamas will continue to arm itself to carry on its military resistance.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
lifting the blockade is going to get women and children out and more guns and ammo IN.
I agree.And smuggling in materials to fortify positions for the Israeli air force to knock out among collateral casualties.Hamas won't leave and hopefully won't be able to hide behind women and children for once.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
It's a booby trap..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
i smell a populist appeasement stunt - to be seen to " do something "

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Could well be Ape. Hamas have been hoping the the MB would be their lifeline to the outside world, in particular as the founding members were former members of the Brotherhood. Morsi has clearly stated that he will abide by the terms of the Camp David Accords with the Israelis, so I do not expect significant help to come from Egypt, at least not yet.

The real test will be if and when another Intifada breaks out or to Israel's next heavy assault on the Strip.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Id love to think this is good news (which on the surface it is), but i fear that weapons will now flood into the Gaza Strip leading to Israel reacting like they do.

If you ask me then this is
Problem (opening boarders, to allow weapons to flow to Gaza)
Reaction ( Israel will soon complain about its sovereignty being threatened by Gaza)
Solution (Yet another conflict in the Gaza strip)

Trust you me, Israel is thinking the same thing right now, except they are probably figuring out how to smuggle weapons into Gaza to radicalize it.

Just my thoughts
Namaste.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I smell an agenda.
"Ok boys, blockades down. Roll in the mega shipment of weapons"

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

The Gazans economy is a very profitable one. Hamas has seen to it the Gazans are heavily limited in what they can bring back in as all goods smuggled in to Gaza is under Hamas control.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Yeh really profitable.

The quarterly report of the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics indicates that unemployment in the Gaza Strip has reached 31.5% in the first quarter of 2012, compared to 30.3% in the preceding quarter. The unemployment rate in the West Bank is 20.1%.

www.gisha.org...

The smugglers, as you say, will be reaping the benefits as are some Hamas members and leaders, but for the rest, there is little future.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This could be the BEST or WORST news in decades! It definitely spells temporary relief for the Palestinians in the strip, and if Israel doesn't overreact, and if the Palestinians don't launch any bone-headed attacks, then this could be a wonderful thing! In reality though, someone will take the opportunity to get more arms closer to Israel, attack, and then Israel will strike back and end up at war with Egypt.

The war with Egypt has to be what the US wanted all along when we helped these militants overthrow the already western-friendly government. It's been a long setup for the war in December.

I don't like all this religious stuff, and I don't like all these crazy prophecies and doomsday scenarios, but there are enough people that do believe in them that they can become self-fulfilling. Is Gog-Magog coming this December?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join