It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muppets bash Chick-fil-A over owners faith

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
To me this is all baloney, and not really an issue of any merit. Tensions in the middle east, rising food prices, economic uncertainty.....

Anyone besides me get annoyed and tired of this kind of interjection in a thread on Equal Rights?

What? Are we robots?

Oh wait - - - you have your rights - - don't you.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

To me this is all baloney, and not really an issue of any merit. Tensions in the middle east, rising food prices, economic uncertainty.....

Anyone besides me get annoyed and tired of this kind of interjection in a thread on Equal Rights?

What? Are we robots?

Annee
Homosexuality
Equal Rights

You only get to pick two. Get the picture?

If I have to spell it out further, if you don't agree with everything Annee has to say about the homosexual issue, then don't comment. Right?

edit on 1-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

What? Are we robots?

Annee
Homosexuality
Equal Rights

You only get to pick two. Get the picture?

If I have to spell it out further, if you don't agree with everything Annee has to say about the homosexual issue, then don't comment. Right?

Equal Rights is Equal Rights - - - it is not Gay rights.

What Rights are you being denied?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Until Chick-fil-A discriminates against either a customer or an employee for their homosexuality, all this hype is just filling their restaurants with Christian families. Also, to that rogue store, its brilliant marketing - corporate can't do a thing to that store, and now homosexuals will flock to their restaurant.

But they are doing both by donating to the anti-gay causes they do. Sure you can say it is indirect and not overt but it is like getting a pat on the head and a kick in the shin at the same time.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So what though, donate to anti-gay organizations and so what if they don't like homosexuals, they have that right.

As I said, until they discriminate against a homosexual in their restaurants this entire thing is meaningless except for padding their profit margins. Again, I am for homosexuals getting married and all the perks that go with that. I am just defending Chick-fil-A's right to say they don't agree with homosexuality, and the Muppets right to disapprove of that.

Everything else is pointless.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I wonder how many NOM's there are for the disabled. NOM was started for one specific purpose - - Stop Gay Marriage.

I've never heard of any organization started specifically for the purpose to Stop the Diabled.

I wonder how many "NOMs" there are to deny black people equal rights. Oh wait - - there is the KKK.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

God and Gay Marriage: What Chick-fil-A Could Learn From Marriott

Diane Brady -July 26, 2012

A few months ago, I had an interesting conversation with Bill Marriott. As a prominent Mormon-controlled venture, his hotel company was an obvious target in 2008, when the church vigorously supported California’s now-overturned ban on gay marriage. The Marriott International (MAR) chairman has never tried to hide his deep faith, often referring to God in his writing and interviews.

In Marriott’s personal life, marriage is something reserved for a man and a woman. But he has long been reluctant to impose that view on the company his father founded. Not only could that crimp the company’s $12 billion in sales, it might demoralize employees working in more than 3,700 Marriott properties worldwide. With Mitt Romney’s presidential run and same-sex marriage in the headlines, we spoke about his stance as Mormon leaders were being held up for scrutiny again.

“This church helped me raise a family and has brought great joy and happiness to my life,” he told me. But that didn’t mean gay employees had any less status at Marriott. “We have to take care of our people, regardless of their sexual orientation or anything else,” he said. “We are an American Church. We have all the American values: the values of hard work, the values of integrity, the values of fairness and respect.” Marriott has both a deep faith and a deep understanding of his responsibility as a leader. Many of his shareholders, customers, and employees don’t belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Their values matter, too.

“Our church is very much opposed to alcohol and we’re probably one of the biggest sales engines of liquor in the United States. I don’t drink. We serve a lot of liquor. You’re in business. You’ve got to make money,” he said. “We have to appeal to the masses out there, no matter what their beliefs are.”

As a result, when his church actively campaigned against same-sex marriage in California, neither Marriott nor the hotel chain donated any money to the cause. Instead, he stepped into the drama by publicly reinforcing his company’s commitment to gay rights through domestic partners benefits and services aimed at gay couples.

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I wonder how many NOM's there are for the disabled. NOM was started for one specific purpose - - Stop Gay Marriage.

I've never heard of any organization started specifically for the purpose to Stop the Diabled.

I wonder how many "NOMs" there are to deny black people equal rights. Oh wait - - there is the KKK.

Again, so what? So what if there is a group that doesn't like, or want gay marriage. People are free to join, and people are free to tell that group to pound sand. Same goes for your KKK or whatever group you want to bring up.

At the end of the day, you CAN NOT control, or mandate through government, how people can think.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

So what though, donate to anti-gay organizations and so what if they don't like homosexuals, they have that right.

As I said, until they discriminate against a homosexual in their restaurants this entire thing is meaningless except for padding their profit margins. Again, I am for homosexuals getting married and all the perks that go with that. I am just defending Chick-fil-A's right to say they don't agree with homosexuality, and the Muppets right to disapprove of that.

Everything else is pointless.

lol, you just called annee a muppet....chuckle....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Again, so what? So what if there is a group that doesn't like, or want gay marriage. People are free to join, and people are free to tell that group to pound sand. Same goes for your KKK or whatever group you want to bring up.

At the end of the day, you CAN NOT control, or mandate through government, how people can think.

Where did I say anything about controlling how people think?

However - - Federal Laws do prevent people from discriminating - - - no matter what they think.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

and tell me when Chick-fil-A discriminated against a homosexual?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

and tell me when Chick-fil-A discriminated against a homosexual?

Are we going to just go 'round and 'round?

NOM - - heard of them? Go research what they do. Right up there with the KKK.

18 Anti-Gay Groups and Their Propaganda

National Organization for Marriage Princeton, N.J. The National Organization for Marriage (NOM), which is dedicated to fighting same-sex marriage in state legislatures, was organized in 2007 by conservative syndicated columnist Maggie Gallagher and Princeton University politics professor Robert George. George is an influential Christian thinker who co-authored the 2009 “Manhattan Declaration,” a manifesto developed after a New York meeting of conservative church leaders that “promises resistance to the point of civil disobedience against any legislation that might implicate their churches or charities in abortion, embryo-destructive research or same sex marriage.” NOM’s first public campaign was in 2008, supporting California’s Proposition 8, which sought to invalidate same-sex marriage in that state. It was widely mocked, including in a parody by satirist Stephen Colbert, for the “Gathering Storm” video ad it produced at the time. Set to somber music and a dark and stormy background, the ad had actors expressing fears that gay activism would “take away” their rights, change their lifestyle, and force homosexuality on their kids. The group, whose president is now former executive director Brian Brown, has become considerably more sophisticated since then, emphasizing its respect for homosexuals. “Gays and Lesbians have a right to live as they choose,” NOM says on its website, “[but] they don’t have the right to redefine marriage for all of us.” For a time, NOM’s name was used by a bus driver named Louis Marinelli, who drove a van for NOM’s “Summer for Marriage Tour” this year. Marinelli called himself a “NOM strategist” and sent out electronic messages under the NOM logo that repeated falsehoods about homosexuals being pedophiles and gay men having extremely short lifespans. In homemade videos posted on his own YouTube page, he said same-sex marriage would lead to “prostitution, pedophilia and polygamy.” But this July, NOM said it was not associated with Marinelli. www.splcenter.org...

OH - - and they share the Hate list with many more.

HATE AND EXTREMISM

The Southern Poverty Law Center monitors hate groups and other extremists throughout the United States and exposes their activities to law enforcement agencies, the media and the public. We publish our investigative findings online, on our Hatewatch blog, and in the Intelligence Report, our award-winning quarterly journal. We’ve crippled some of the country’s most notorious hate groups by suing them for murders and other violent acts committed by their members. Currently, there are 1,018 known hate groups operating across the country, including neo-Nazis, Klansmen, white nationalists, neo-Confederates, racist skinheads, black separatists, border vigilantes and others. And their numbers are growing. www.splcenter.org...

edit on 2-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yes, I am going to go around and around Annee, because you DO WANT TO DICTATE how people think.

----------------------------------------------------

edit:

As to NOM, the worst I can see is they actively try to prevent legislation against homosexuals getting married? Also, why bring up the KKK? Yes, they are a bunch of nutjobs with insane beliefs, but as long as they keep to themselves and don't infringe on the rights of others, then just don't listen to their drivel.
edit on 2-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Yes, I am going to go around and around Annee, because you DO WANT TO DICTATE how people think.

I am not dictating how people think.

I support Full Equal Rights.

As previously said - - - I am old enough to have experienced the Civil Rights Movement.

How sad is it - - that non-discrimination of race had to be forced by a Federal Law.

All the same lame excuses. And yes - - that is all they are Excuses.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Then Chick-fil-A and NOM have the equal right to lobby against homosexual marriage. (and your apparent use of the word HATE appears to be used to silence any opposition)

edit on 2-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Linking to SPLC propaganda? SPLC is a joke......

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Then Chick-fil-A and NOM have the equal right to lobby against homosexual marriage.

Have I stopped them? Has anyone stopped them? NO

The reason they are on the Hate list is not because they are anit-gay - - but because of their methods.

You want to support and agree with them - - go ahead.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Annee

Linking to SPLC propaganda? SPLC is a joke......

The government does not think they are a joke.

Many people do not think they are a joke.

But - you go right ahead and think that.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Then Chick-fil-A and NOM have the equal right to lobby against homosexual marriage. (and your apparent use of the word HATE appears to be used to silence any opposition)

The word HATE did not come from me.

Go read it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Pretty Damn Sad - - Equal Rights has to be forced.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join