Muppets bash Chick-fil-A over owners faith

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Do homosexuals have to worry about being killed by religious extremists in North America? I bet homosexuals in Islamic countries think their counterparts in the west are living in heaven.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by Annee

Do homosexuals have to worry about being killed by religious extremists in North America? I bet homosexuals in Islamic countries think their counterparts in the west are living in heaven.

Actually I'd say yes.

As I continue to say - - I follow gay issues. That means I also follow world gay issues.

Just like America (Christian) - - there are extreme Islamic areas - - and there are more progressive cosmopolitan Islamic areas.

Just like America. The more Cosmopolitan - - the more liberal - - the more acceptance.

Here's an article for you: muslimmedianetwork.com...

edit on 4-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

And So It Begins: Chick-Fil-A Vandalized

www.breitbart.com...

the truth hurts huh.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

not really, seems like hate is used by both sides (but I am guessing you won't see it that way)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

You've never heard of Mathew Shephard have you? Here's the wiki for you:

en.wikipedia.org...

Now keep in mind your statement with absolute crap like this:

www.godhatesfags.com...

So to give you an answer, yes, they are in constant danger of this sort of thing.

And it really shouldn't be that way.

It's a load of crap.

edit on 4-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

They are in no more danger than anyone else. We are all in danger of coming across violent criminals.....

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by krossfyter

not really, seems like hate is used by both sides (but I am guessing you won't see it that way)

true hate is def not isolated to one group. however christians/or dogmatics/traditionalists/fundamentalists/militants/islamists have a lock down on it in regards to homosexuals. and thats why we are all here in the first place and we see that visual.

if people would just not let impose their subjective beliefs on others in regards to laws it be kinda alright.

edit on 4-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I just do not agree with you.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by TKDRL

I just do not agree with you.

Nor do I.

Persecuted minority group - - - kind of makes a statement all by itself.

edit on 4-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You are more likely to be beaten or killed for money than you are over your sexuality.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Here's just one article I found on violence against homosexuals:

Hate Crimes Against LGBTQ Americans Increased In 2010, Report Shows

In Ohio, they threw bottles and bricks. In California, they carved words into flesh. In Michigan, they went after victims where they worked. Across the country, episodes of violence against gay Americans grew in number. The National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs released a report last week detailing a startling uptick in violent hate crimes against lesbian, gay and transgender people in 2010, including a sharp rise in hate-related murders.

“This increase in murders signals a pattern of severe, ongoing violence against LGBTQ and HIV-affected communities,” Jake Finney from L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center in Los Angeles, Calif., said in the report. The 79-page document includes data compiled by the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs in New York from more than a dozen organizations in states across the country.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So yes, they do have an increased risk of violence against them, and I'm sorry, but this is something that shouldn't happen.

Whites do experience violence in blacks, and vice versa, but that violence tends to be limited to ghettos and high crime areas. There is also a fair amount of violence against Muslims, but that is something new after 911 and usually but not always from the hands of Christians.

It really shouldn't matter how people live, as long as they aren't hurting people, you have no business in their lives, and you should stay out of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Only if you're in a high crime area, such as a ghetto. And i still just can't agree with you.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Annee

It really shouldn't matter how people live, as long as they aren't hurting people, you have no business in their lives, and you should stay out of it.

Oh, I agree, whatever rocks your boat is your own business.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Compare the amount of violent armed robberies, to the amount of gay bashers.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Compare the amount of violent armed robberies, to the amount of gay bashers.

How about we compare physical attacks for the sole purpose of harming an individual just because they are Christian vs harming an LGBTQ.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Or how about we compare the amount of beatings out there for the sole purpose of robbing someone, to the sole purpose of beating up a gay. Where christianity entered the equation, I cannot figure out.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Or how about we compare the amount of beatings out there for the sole purpose of robbing someone, to the sole purpose of beating up a gay. Where christianity entered the equation, I cannot figure out.

You are being ridiculous.

Beating someone up just because of who they are - - - has nothing to do with a crime for some other reason.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sure it does. Beaten up, is beaten up. Killed, is killed. Do you think that people beaten up for their money think "Oh well, at least I wasn't put in the hospital for being gay!" Do you think they are less hurt, or less dead?
edit on Sat, 04 Aug 2012 21:39:50 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Sure it does. Beaten up, is beaten up. Killed, is killed.

No - - you're just being obtuse.

A hate crime because of who or what someone is - - - has nothing to do with robbery or any other slant you insist on trying to put on this.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And, how many robberies are there per year compared to hate crimes? You are more likely to be robbed than hatecrimed. And even gay people are in danger of being robbed.

new topics
top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join